2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:36:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 86
Author Topic: 2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread v2  (Read 167509 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1300 on: July 29, 2020, 10:32:23 AM »

That’s directly from the Kistner campaign. Ouch.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1301 on: July 29, 2020, 11:29:06 AM »

TX-22
Meeting Street Insights/Nehls internal

Nehls 44%
Kulkarni 32%
LeBlanc 5%
Undecided 19%

https://www.congressionalleadershipfund.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/CLF-TX-22-July-Survey-Memo.pdf
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1302 on: July 29, 2020, 11:44:26 AM »

44% is a believable number.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #1303 on: July 29, 2020, 11:47:36 AM »

You think the Republicans will only get around 44% here?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1304 on: July 29, 2020, 11:57:22 AM »

What's certain is that Kulkarni will get much more than 32%. He got 46 two years ago against an uncontroversial incumbent.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1305 on: July 29, 2020, 02:53:11 PM »

Colby College poll of ME-02

Golden (D-inc.): 45%
Craft (R): 33%
Other: 5%

https://t.co/bb15uw1OpO?amp=1
I'm going to be eating some Crow in november, aren't I?
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #1306 on: July 29, 2020, 04:14:40 PM »

Chris Armitage, a 28-year old Democrat challenging Cathy McMorris Rodgers in WA-05, has dropped out citing declining mental health and an accusation of misconduct. Armitage was running with the support of both Our Revolution/Brand New Congress/etc. as well as the local county Democratic parties.

His name will still be on ballots, which were mailed last week.

Only Dem left in the race is Dave Wilson, a longtime local community activist who lost a State House race 51/49 in 2018 in a seat that backed Trump 47/45. Wilson received 13% of the vote in the top-two primary for this seat in 2016 running as an independent, but ran his State House race and is running this race as a Democrat.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1307 on: July 30, 2020, 05:59:03 AM »

MN-01 Victoria Research & Consulting/HMP (D internal)

Feehan (D) 48
Hagedorn (R-inc) 46

http://files.www.thehousemajoritypac.com/research/MN-01_poll.pdf
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1308 on: July 30, 2020, 01:13:12 PM »

MN-01 Victoria Research & Consulting/HMP (D internal)

Feehan (D) 48
Hagedorn (R-inc) 46

http://files.www.thehousemajoritypac.com/research/MN-01_poll.pdf
Doubtful we can still win a district like this, but it's easier than MN_08
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1309 on: July 30, 2020, 02:35:26 PM »

MI-02
Denno Research (D internal)

Huizenga 49%
Berghoef 32%
Undecided 19%

Senate:

James 40%
Peters 38%
Undecided 22%

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TtEmS5LQ4hEV5fXu2iLOXvifesQKuAoR/view
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1310 on: July 31, 2020, 05:28:32 AM »

Cook rating shifts:

FL26 Lean D to Toss-Up
AR02 Safe R to Likely R
OH10 Safe R to Likely R
AKAL Likely R to Lean R
NY02 Lean R to Toss-Up
GA06 Toss-Up to Lean D
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #1311 on: July 31, 2020, 05:41:36 AM »

Cook rating shifts:

FL26 Lean D to Toss-Up
AR02 Safe R to Likely R
OH10 Safe R to Likely R
AKAL Likely R to Lean R
NY02 Lean R to Toss-Up
GA06 Toss-Up to Lean D

It actually astounds me how bad these people are at their jobs. It would be a stretch to call FL-26 vulnerable in a neutral enviroment, never mind a Tossup in a D+10 one. These pundits are jokes.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1312 on: July 31, 2020, 05:45:26 AM »

Cook rating shifts:

FL26 Lean D to Toss-Up
AR02 Safe R to Likely R
OH10 Safe R to Likely R
AKAL Likely R to Lean R
NY02 Lean R to Toss-Up
GA06 Toss-Up to Lean D

It actually astounds me how bad these people are at their jobs. It would be a stretch to call FL-26 vulnerable in a neutral enviroment, never mind a Tossup in a D+10 one. These pundits are jokes.

Also, they really had GA06 tossup this whole time Huh Seriously?
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #1313 on: July 31, 2020, 08:37:05 AM »

Cook rating shifts:

FL26 Lean D to Toss-Up
AR02 Safe R to Likely R
OH10 Safe R to Likely R
AKAL Likely R to Lean R
NY02 Lean R to Toss-Up
GA06 Toss-Up to Lean D

Eh, FL-26 is definitely worrying. Cubans are actually swinging very heavily R these days.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1314 on: July 31, 2020, 08:43:17 AM »

Cook rating shifts:

FL26 Lean D to Toss-Up
AR02 Safe R to Likely R
OH10 Safe R to Likely R
AKAL Likely R to Lean R
NY02 Lean R to Toss-Up
GA06 Toss-Up to Lean D

Eh, FL-26 is definitely worrying. Cubans are actually swinging very heavily R these days.

What's going on there? Wealthy people moving in? /s
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1315 on: July 31, 2020, 08:49:31 AM »

Cook rating shifts:

FL26 Lean D to Toss-Up
AR02 Safe R to Likely R
OH10 Safe R to Likely R
AKAL Likely R to Lean R
NY02 Lean R to Toss-Up
GA06 Toss-Up to Lean D

I'd argue the main reason that FL-26 is only Tilt D is that the Republicans landed their strongest possible recruit.  Carlos Giménez is a strong candidate the way that Steve Bullock is in that he really is able to turn a race that wouldn't have been competitive otherwise into an absolute dog fight.  It was just bad luck that he decided to run. 
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #1316 on: July 31, 2020, 08:51:11 AM »

Cook rating shifts:

FL26 Lean D to Toss-Up
AR02 Safe R to Likely R
OH10 Safe R to Likely R
AKAL Likely R to Lean R
NY02 Lean R to Toss-Up
GA06 Toss-Up to Lean D

I'd argue the main reason that FL-26 is only Tilt D is that the Republicans landed their strongest possible recruit.  Carlos Giménez is a strong candidate the way that Steve Bullock is in that he really is able to turn a race that wouldn't have been competitive otherwise into an absolute dog fight.  It was just bad luck that he decided to run. 

Gimenez will come close but he won’t win in this political environment.
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #1317 on: July 31, 2020, 09:38:12 AM »

Cook rating shifts:

FL26 Lean D to Toss-Up
AR02 Safe R to Likely R
OH10 Safe R to Likely R
AKAL Likely R to Lean R
NY02 Lean R to Toss-Up
GA06 Toss-Up to Lean D

I don't see how he's got any chance of winning a Clinton +15 district in a D+10 environment. Bullock would be DOA in an R+10 environment. Of course, I accept that if any party could lose such a district it would be the Democratic party. I suspect the very obvious strategy of running a million ads with Giménez shown next to Trump probably hasn't even occurred to them and they're running ads touting DMP's moderate credentials or something lol
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1318 on: July 31, 2020, 09:54:19 AM »

Cook rating shifts:

FL26 Lean D to Toss-Up
AR02 Safe R to Likely R
OH10 Safe R to Likely R
AKAL Likely R to Lean R
NY02 Lean R to Toss-Up
GA06 Toss-Up to Lean D

I'd argue the main reason that FL-26 is only Tilt D is that the Republicans landed their strongest possible recruit.  Carlos Giménez is a strong candidate the way that Steve Bullock is in that he really is able to turn a race that wouldn't have been competitive otherwise into an absolute dog fight.  It was just bad luck that he decided to run.  

I don't see how he's got any chance of winning a Clinton +15 district in a D+10 environment. Bullock would be DOA in an R+10 environment. Of course, I accept that if any party could lose such a district it would be the Democratic party. I suspect the very obvious strategy of running a million ads with Giménez shown next to Trump probably hasn't even occurred to them and they're running ads touting DMP's moderate credentials or something lol

All DMP needs to do is make sure that a vote for Biden is a vote for her.  She should add Biden’s name to all of her signage and literature.  Basically run as part of his team.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1319 on: July 31, 2020, 10:05:36 AM »

Losing FL-26 would be even more embarrassing for Democrats than losing CA-25, and that says a lot. It’s not going to happen, though.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1320 on: July 31, 2020, 10:10:02 AM »

Cook rating shifts:

FL26 Lean D to Toss-Up
AR02 Safe R to Likely R
OH10 Safe R to Likely R
AKAL Likely R to Lean R
NY02 Lean R to Toss-Up
GA06 Toss-Up to Lean D

I don't see how he's got any chance of winning a Clinton +15district in a D+10 environment. Bullock would be DOA in an R+10 environment. Of course, I accept that if any party could lose such a district it would be the Democratic party. I suspect the very obvious strategy of running a million ads with Giménez shown next to Trump probably hasn't even occurred to them and they're running ads touting DMP's moderate credentials or something lol

This is also a Rubio +1 district.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1321 on: July 31, 2020, 10:17:53 AM »

Cook rating shifts:

FL26 Lean D to Toss-Up
AR02 Safe R to Likely R
OH10 Safe R to Likely R
AKAL Likely R to Lean R
NY02 Lean R to Toss-Up
GA06 Toss-Up to Lean D

I don't see how he's got any chance of winning a Clinton +15district in a D+10 environment. Bullock would be DOA in an R+10 environment. Of course, I accept that if any party could lose such a district it would be the Democratic party. I suspect the very obvious strategy of running a million ads with Giménez shown next to Trump probably hasn't even occurred to them and they're running ads touting DMP's moderate credentials or something lol

When Rubio was winning statewide by 8 points in a good Republican year.
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #1322 on: July 31, 2020, 10:18:35 AM »

Cook rating shifts:

FL26 Lean D to Toss-Up
AR02 Safe R to Likely R
OH10 Safe R to Likely R
AKAL Likely R to Lean R
NY02 Lean R to Toss-Up
GA06 Toss-Up to Lean D

And if Trump wins Florida by 8 points then this district may well vote R. Something tells me that isn't going to happen though.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1323 on: July 31, 2020, 10:54:00 AM »

Cook rating shifts:

FL26 Lean D to Toss-Up
AR02 Safe R to Likely R
OH10 Safe R to Likely R
AKAL Likely R to Lean R
NY02 Lean R to Toss-Up
GA06 Toss-Up to Lean D

And if Trump wins Florida by 8 points then this district may well vote R. Something tells me that isn't going to happen though.

*sighs*

In 2016 (a D+2 year), Clinton won Latinos 66-28. Latinos trended D+36.
In 2018 (a D+9 year), Democratic House candidates won Latinos 69-29. Latinos trended D+31.

Do you think Latinos became 5 points more Republican?

Do you realize this is a majority-Hispanic district?

Do you realize most “trends” are caused by white voters?

Do you realize Senator Rubio’s statewide performance had little to do with his performance in Florida’s 26th congressional district?

Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1324 on: July 31, 2020, 10:56:34 AM »

Cook rating shifts:

FL26 Lean D to Toss-Up
AR02 Safe R to Likely R
OH10 Safe R to Likely R
AKAL Likely R to Lean R
NY02 Lean R to Toss-Up
GA06 Toss-Up to Lean D

*sighs*

In 2016 (a D+2 year), Clinton won Latinos 66-28. Latinos trended D+36.
In 2018 (a D+9 year), Democratic House candidates won Latinos 69-29. Latinos trended D+31.

Do you think Latinos became 5 points more Republican?

Do you realize this is a majority-Hispanic district?

Do you realize most “trends” are caused by white voters?

Do you realize Senator Rubio’s statewide performance had little to do with his performance in Florida’s 26th congressional district?

If Rubio only tied statewide, I guarantee you that he would have lost this district.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies