6 dead in shooting at Christian elementary school in Nashville
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 09:34:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  6 dead in shooting at Christian elementary school in Nashville
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Author Topic: 6 dead in shooting at Christian elementary school in Nashville  (Read 8706 times)
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2023, 05:48:29 PM »

How lucky are conservatives right now?  Usually they have to sit quietly for a day or two and awkwardly wait for either a counter-narrative to emerge, or if not, just let the story disappear on its own.  But as if by magic, the excuse to throw this story about murdered 9-year olds directly into the trash already presented itself within about three hours; TRANSGENDERS Shocked Shocked  No need to fix any gun laws when we still have TRANS PEOPLE freely roaming around. Angry

Assuming the shooter was a transgender man, this event would seem to me to lend legitimacy to the pro-trans position.  I.e. that transgender people truly are the gender they identify with and not the gender they are born into.  

Because, honestly, a woman would never shoot up a school.  

I know it's a risk to essentialize like this on anything. But it really feels like in this case it's true, and the data backs that up.

One of the very first school mass shootings was actually a teenage girl. Incredibly disturbing story.

I can believe that a teenage girl would do something like that.  I'd have a much harder time believing an adult woman would.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2023, 05:49:51 PM »

The mandatory minimum sentence for mass shooting should be the death penalty.

How would that be helpful? Most school shooters are essentially trying to commit suicide.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2023, 05:53:51 PM »

The mandatory minimum sentence for mass shooting should be the death penalty.

This is moronic for several reasons, least of all that this particular shooter is now deceased.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2023, 05:58:24 PM »

My point is that Republicans claim that prayer is an answer to shootings and not gun control, but that logic clearly is faulty because there was a shooting at a Christian school that likely has prayer.

You don't have a point, you just made a crass joke that was more offensive than you realized and now you're trying to rationalize it because you hate to lose face. Just say sorry and move on.

It wasn't a joke in the first place it was an observation about how stupid conservative logic is. I don't have a need to save face because unlike you I don't make this board my entire life and have an irrational need to "one up" people I'll never meet. Get a life and move on
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2023, 06:00:13 PM »

Obviously the shooting is reprehensible, and the shooter being trans doesn't change that. If there's a hell, they're burning there.

This is very much not obvious. You aren't the judge of people's souls with an understanding of what demons they have faced and what illness afflicts them. I'm so sick of your cringe self-appointment as arbiter of the universe.

I hope her soul finds peace in paradise just as much as the others who perished today. I'm sure she faced many difficulties that led her to this today that I can't begin to imagine.

Well personally I think that "murdered 3 adults and 3 children" is a much better reason for someone to go to Hell than simply having the audacity to be member of a different religion.

Well, personally, I don't believe that either of those is even close to a valid reason. You don't know anything but less than .01 percent of her life. Don't condemn people you don't know anything about. Weep that she felt the need to act in this manner.  Pray that her soul may be soothed through purgatory and that she - and any who may have first wronged her - can find mutual understanding and appreciation in eternity as we aim towards that same difficult project on earth.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2023, 06:04:14 PM »

Obviously the shooting is reprehensible, and the shooter being trans doesn't change that. If there's a hell, they're burning there.

This is very much not obvious. You aren't the judge of people's souls with an understanding of what demons they have faced and what illness afflicts them. I'm so sick of your cringe self-appointment as arbiter of the universe.

I hope her soul finds peace in paradise just as much as the others who perished today. I'm sure she faced many difficulties that led her to this today that I can't begin to imagine.

Well personally I think that "murdered 3 adults and 3 children" is a much better reason for someone to go to Hell than simply having the audacity to be member of a different religion.

Well, personally, I don't believe that either of those is even close to a valid reason. You don't know anything but less than .01 percent of her life. Don't condemn people you don't know anything about. Weep that she felt the need to act in this manner.  Pray that her soul may be soothed through purgatory and that she - and any who may have first wronged her - can find mutual understanding and appreciation in eternity as we aim towards that same difficult project on earth.

Nah, I feel pretty comfortable condemning in this instance. Sorry, not sorry!
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2023, 06:05:38 PM »

My point is that Republicans claim that prayer is an answer to shootings and not gun control, but that logic clearly is faulty because there was a shooting at a Christian school that likely has prayer.

You don't have a point, you just made a crass joke that was more offensive than you realized and now you're trying to rationalize it because you hate to lose face. Just say sorry and move on.

It wasn't a joke in the first place it was an observation about how stupid conservative logic is. I don't have a need to save face because unlike you I don't make this board my entire life and have an irrational need to "one up" people I'll never meet. Get a life and move on

That's a misinterpretation of what Christians believe prayer does.  We don't believe that prayer makes bad things never happen.  We aren't pleading God to do what we want Him to do.  We are having a direct line of communication with God when we pray.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2023, 06:07:46 PM »

That's a misinterpretation of what Christians believe prayer does.  We don't believe that prayer makes bad things never happen.  We aren't pleading God to do what we want Him to do.  We are having a direct line of communication with God when we pray.

It sure seems like it went straight to voicemail.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2023, 06:08:27 PM »

Frankly I don't care if they spent the other 99.99% of their life volunteering at soup kitchens and battered women's shelters. They killed 6 people, including 3 kids. That is what defines them.

Audrey Hale is an evil monster. It doesn't matter if they were cis, a trans man, a trans woman, or whatever. I don't believe in hell, but if there is one - certainly sounds like a prime candidate to me!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2023, 06:09:03 PM »

But if you don't take action you can't expect anything to change. Prayer without action is pointless. It's like praying to be healed of illness but not going to the doctor. Praying for shootings to end but not supporting gun control is contradictory.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2023, 06:09:23 PM »

You may not believe this, but there are absolutely millions of Christians who really do believe this.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2023, 06:13:57 PM »

R.I.P. to the innocent victims, and may whoever survived recover inshallah. Hopefully the person who shot up the school gets the death penalty.

So much for prayer in school preventing school shootings.

Roll Eyes

2. Gun control doesn’t always work. Somalia has a total ban on civilians owning guns, how’s that working out for them?

Roll Eyes

Yes, because that's exactly what Somalia needs, more people with guns!

It is obvious to most people with half a brain that saying "thoughts and prayers with the victims" is a way to show sorrow and compassion for those who have died and those who have lost loved ones and friends.  Nobody presents it as a literal defense mechanism that will keep you safe from psychopaths with guns if you just pray more.  But I mean, you knew that.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2023, 06:14:23 PM »

I was being charitable. You should be aware that 'I was joking and got the tone wrong' is by far the least obnoxious explanation for that post, given that children have been murdered. As to your purposeless personal attack, well, my life is not terribly relevant to this topic (which is ultimately about children no longer having theirs), though I regret to report that it is actually been rather more eventful than I would like.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2023, 06:22:18 PM »

Alright, the moron blaming this on Tiktok is going on permanent ignore

Oh no, Im blaming it on something else.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2023, 06:23:13 PM »

Alright, the moron blaming this on Tiktok is going on permanent ignore

Oh no, Im blaming it on something else.

Are you blaming a mass shooting on the recent trend of people saying "it's okay to be transgender"?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2023, 06:25:42 PM »

Moloch (/ˈmoʊlɒk/; Biblical Hebrew: מֹלֶךְ Mōleḵ or הַמֹּלֶךְ‎ hamMōleḵ;[a] Ancient Greek: Μόλοχ, Latin: Moloch; also Molech or Molek) is a name or a term which appears in the Hebrew Bible several times, primarily in the book of Leviticus. The Bible strongly condemns practices which are associated with Moloch, practices which appear to have included child sacrifice.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2023, 06:28:36 PM »

The given sacrifice of the blood of children for the glorious benefit of owning a gun. This is the way.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2023, 06:29:26 PM »

Anyone want to start a betting pool on when this thread will be locked? I say 3 more pages.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2023, 06:31:33 PM »

Anyone want to start a betting pool on when this thread will be locked? I say 3 more pages.

Reading This whole thread, once we learned the shooter may have been trans, makes me think it might be a good idea, if it spares us anymore of this garbage.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2023, 06:35:48 PM »

Reading This whole thread, once we learned the shooter may have been trans, makes me think it might be a good idea, if it spares us anymore of this garbage.

We can't discuss a mass shooting because 1 or 2 people will cross a line and say something inappropriate, and then other users will say "this is inappropriate", and then moderators will do moderator things?
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2023, 06:38:17 PM »

We can't discuss a mass shooting because 1 or 2 people will cross a line and say something inappropriate, and then other users will say "this is inappropriate", and then moderators will do moderator things?

It’s not just Dr. Scholl, who’s posts have arguably been not much below average, relative to other posts in this thread.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2023, 06:38:29 PM »

Republicans are the party full of National Security hawks, yet they look the other way at mass shootings.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2023, 06:38:45 PM »

Did my post get deleted for calling someone a moron?

Lol, worth it.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2023, 06:41:04 PM »

Did my post get deleted for calling someone a moron?

Lol, worth it.

The moron-post and all replies to it were deleted. It was very likely not because you called them a moron, but because the moderators found the moron's post to be inappropriate.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2023, 06:47:53 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2023, 06:58:47 PM by the Laramide Erogeny ⛰ (he/him) »

As always it's worth pointing out that school shootings are traumatic for everybody involved. Six children being murdered is horrifying; dozens more will have psychological scarring from this.

Pray for this sick country.

edit: turns out that three of the deceased are adults. Still incredibly sad, just in a different way.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies