6 dead in shooting at Christian elementary school in Nashville (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:39:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  6 dead in shooting at Christian elementary school in Nashville (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 6 dead in shooting at Christian elementary school in Nashville  (Read 7783 times)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: March 27, 2023, 04:28:46 PM »

Dead kids being the price of freedom is A1 why I will never vote GOP.  

Dead kids being the price of freedom is why other western nations such as Canada, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Australia, etc view the United States as a dystopian hellscape. Yes, there are other aspects of America that are great and enviable, but this whole "sacrifice our children to Moloch the 2nd Amendment" thing is like fecal matter mixed into the chocolate ice cream. It's impossible for me to view the USA positively.

I'm so sorry to hear about these kids, but I'm also numb to it. These shootings never upset me on a deep level anymore. It's totally normalized in my brain at this point as an everyday thing.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 05:02:05 PM »

So was the shooter a man or woman? Every report I'm seeing is saying it was a woman, but the individual being identified is a transgender man?

Biological female / born a woman.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 05:10:15 PM »

So was the shooter a man or woman? Every report I'm seeing is saying it was a woman, but the individual being identified is a transgender man?

Biological female / born a woman.

So why are they being misgendered everywhere, even in mainstream/left-leaning publications?

The front page of the NY Times literally reads, "The shooter, a woman, was shot and killed by the police."  This is false, right?

My best guess is some combination of :
- Female sounding name (but possibly unisex)
- All old info they found on him indicates a woman, little new info
- Trans but partially in the closet, most people didn't know yet
- It's still really early so we don't have all the information yet

The front page of the NY Times literally reads, "The shooter, a woman, was shot and killed by the police."  This is false, right?
NY Times knows something we don't, or is jumping the gun on gendering the shooter too early, or is deadnaming for some reason?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 05:35:55 PM »

The authorities said "transgender female" when someone asked for clarification at the end.  That implies to me that the shooter was born male but identifies as female now.

I don't trust Tennessee police departments to not say it backwards. All other data shows a trans man born as a female.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 05:39:55 PM »

Obviously the shooting is reprehensible, and the shooter being trans doesn't change that. If there's a hell, they're burning there.
This is very much not obvious. You aren't the judge of people's souls with an understanding of what demons they have faced and what illness afflicts them. I'm so sick of your cringe self-appointment as arbiter of the universe.

Did he repent in his heart between the murders and dying, and then Jesus took the burden of his sin for him so he could still go to heaven? Because otherwise this is a child murderer who ignored "thou shalt not kill". Other than the "Jesus died on a cross so that repentant sinners could go to heaven" angle, I think it's fairly clear otherwise that this guy is roasting in hell. The bible explains the rules fairly clearly.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2023, 05:40:52 PM »

The mandatory minimum sentence for mass shooting should be the death penalty.

No.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 06:23:13 PM »

Alright, the moron blaming this on Tiktok is going on permanent ignore

Oh no, Im blaming it on something else.

Are you blaming a mass shooting on the recent trend of people saying "it's okay to be transgender"?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2023, 06:35:48 PM »

Anyone want to start a betting pool on when this thread will be locked? I say 3 more pages.

Reading This whole thread, once we learned the shooter may have been trans, makes me think it might be a good idea, if it spares us anymore of this garbage.

We can't discuss a mass shooting because 1 or 2 people will cross a line and say something inappropriate, and then other users will say "this is inappropriate", and then moderators will do moderator things?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2023, 06:41:04 PM »

Did my post get deleted for calling someone a moron?

Lol, worth it.

The moron-post and all replies to it were deleted. It was very likely not because you called them a moron, but because the moderators found the moron's post to be inappropriate.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2023, 07:04:49 PM »

I'll repeat this again. If we want to be Pro Life for real, let's end this gun violence, by any means possible.

Pro Life at all stages.

This concedes to right wingers that abortion bans are okay. Sorry, no deal.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2023, 01:19:24 AM »

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2023, 08:32:55 PM »

So at what point are we going to start putting the blame on the American voter?

The ones who continue to support the politicians who advocate for more guns and looser gun laws.

How can you expect them to prioritize fixing this - with the paranoia that the government solution will end up being an overreach, like a total gun ban - when there are more important issues to worry about, such as stopping woke and the open border?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2023, 12:09:53 AM »

Honestly, as a Christian in the Nashville area, I feel in my gut that my community was the victim of a hate crime.

Being bigoted / intolerant against bigotry / intolerance itself is not comparable to actual bigotry / intolerance. What happened is TERRIBLE, I would never claim otherwise. BUT if the shooter was hateful of the school for how it was bigoted towards them or other LGBTQ people years ago, then that would not classify as a hate crime IMO. In the same way that discriminating against racists isn't the same as discriminating against a racial group.

Just how I feel. Others may disagree.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies