6 dead in shooting at Christian elementary school in Nashville
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:07:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  6 dead in shooting at Christian elementary school in Nashville
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12
Author Topic: 6 dead in shooting at Christian elementary school in Nashville  (Read 7753 times)
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2023, 06:51:56 PM »

Did my post get deleted for calling someone a moron?

Lol, worth it.

The moron-post and all replies to it were deleted. It was very likely not because you called them a moron, but because the moderators found the moron's post to be inappropriate.

That makes sense.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2023, 07:04:04 PM »

I'll repeat this again. If we want to be Pro Life for real, let's end this gun violence, by any means possible.

Pro Life at all stages.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2023, 07:04:49 PM »

I'll repeat this again. If we want to be Pro Life for real, let's end this gun violence, by any means possible.

Pro Life at all stages.

This concedes to right wingers that abortion bans are okay. Sorry, no deal.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2023, 07:08:19 PM »

Pro Life at all stages.

This concedes to right wingers that abortion bans are okay. Sorry, no deal.

Well my statement was more targeted at the Right Wingers.

See; being pro life doesn't end after birth. You have to think about the consistent ethic of life. Migrants, the poor, the homeless, the elderly, orphans, the death penalty, Universal healthcare. All of that comes into play.

When I talk about Unborn children, I don't talk about bans. I talk about how do we help families who choose to keep their children, grow and thrive ?
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2023, 07:11:01 PM »

Abortion is unironically good. There are too many kids in America.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2023, 07:24:46 PM »

How lucky are conservatives right now?  Usually they have to sit quietly for a day or two and awkwardly wait for either a counter-narrative to emerge, or if not, just let the story disappear on its own.  But as if by magic, the excuse to throw this story about murdered 9-year olds directly into the trash already presented itself within about three hours; TRANSGENDERS Shocked Shocked  No need to fix any gun laws when we still have TRANS PEOPLE freely roaming around. Angry

You’re sick. 
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2023, 07:24:57 PM »

What does abortion have to do with this?
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2023, 07:27:00 PM »

The poster joju pushed anti-choice propaganda that angered me.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2023, 07:28:27 PM »

I don’t support banning abortions without fundamental government support for families who choose to keep their babies, which is something the Republican Party is not keen on.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2023, 07:30:22 PM »

How lucky are conservatives right now?  Usually they have to sit quietly for a day or two and awkwardly wait for either a counter-narrative to emerge, or if not, just let the story disappear on its own.  But as if by magic, the excuse to throw this story about murdered 9-year olds directly into the trash already presented itself within about three hours; TRANSGENDERS Shocked Shocked  No need to fix any gun laws when we still have TRANS PEOPLE freely roaming around. Angry

You’re sick. 

The truth hurts.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2023, 07:34:29 PM »

BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2023, 07:37:12 PM »

I don’t support banning abortions without fundamental government support for families who choose to keep their babies, which is something the Republican Party is not keen on.
So you support banning abortion with government support? What the hell is wrong with you?

A woman has the right to choose. It’s her body.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2023, 07:39:08 PM »

this is terrible !

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2023, 07:41:48 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2023, 07:45:15 PM by NYDem »

So was the shooter a man or woman? Every report I'm seeing is saying it was a woman, but the individual being identified is a transgender man?

Biological female / born a woman.

So why are they being misgendered everywhere, even in mainstream/left-leaning publications?

The front page of the NY Times literally reads, "The shooter, a woman, was shot and killed by the police."  This is false, right?

Why is misgendering a mass murderer something we should care about?

I don't care beyond having mild irritation about the confusion, but the argument would be that misgendering someone is offensive regardless of the fact that the person in question is worthy of hate. There is an idea that there are certain classes of insults (slurs being a stronger example) which are off-limits regardless of the caliber of person being insulted.

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2023, 07:42:41 PM »

With 3 of the victims being adults, do the authorities think that this was brought about by some kind of personal grudge against the staff?
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2023, 07:48:46 PM »

So you support banning abortion with government support? What the hell is wrong with you?

Same goes for Guns right ? My Guns. My Choice. My Body. My Choice.

But it doesn't and shouldn't  work that way. We live in such a hyper individualized culture that we have forgotten our bonds as human beings.

For example, look at abortion. Abortion is never autonomous. No one makes a decision to abort freely; there's always societal pressures. Economic Pressures.

So the Government should be there to support a family if they choose to keep their baby. That will make Republicans in the US super angry; because they're so capitalist and anti Government. That they literally wont help families and mothers thrive. That isn't pro life, it's pro forced birth.

Like wise, America worships our gun rights. Perhaps we shouldn't it ? Is it worth it to worship a right so much that it allows the most fundamental right to be taken away by a weapon of war ? Come on people, think about this fora moment. Think about it. We are too hyper individualistic, that we only see things in the lens of individualism. I find it to be such a cancer on our society. It takes a village to build a foundation.

Look at what has happened folks with this gun shooting. This is the result of our hyper individualistic thinking which I think is such a Cancer on our society; that we have to resort to Guns to solve our issues, external, and personal.
Death of a Salesman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2023, 07:53:40 PM »

An obvious & commonsense reform would be to prohibit those who are mentally ill from purchasing or owning weapons.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2023, 07:57:58 PM »

But it doesn't and shouldn't  work that way. We live in such a hyper individualized culture that we have forgotten our bonds as human beings.

For example, look at abortion. Abortion is never autonomous. No one makes a decision to abort freely; there's always societal pressures. Economic Pressures.

So the Government should be there to support a family if they choose to keep their baby. That will make Republicans in the US super angry; because they're so capitalist and anti Government. That they literally wont help families and mothers thrive. That isn't pro life, it's pro forced birth.

Like wise, America worships our gun rights. Perhaps we shouldn't it ? Is it worth it to worship a right so much that it allows the most fundamental right to be taken away by a weapon of war ? Come on people, think about this fora moment. Think about it. We are too hyper individualistic, that we only see things in the lens of individualism. I find it to be such a cancer on our society. It takes a village to build a foundation.

Look at what has happened folks with this gun shooting. This is the result of our hyper individualistic thinking which I think is such a Cancer on our society; that we have to resort to Guns to solve our issues, external, and personal.
I am pro gun and pro abortion. I support liberty.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2023, 07:59:15 PM »

You can pry my guns from my cold dead hands you fascist pig.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2023, 08:01:27 PM »

With 3 of the victims being adults, do the authorities think that this was brought about by some kind of personal grudge against the staff?

From what I heard, of the 3 adults, one was the head of school.
Katherine Koonce, age 60, and Cynthia Peak and Mike Hill, both age 61, were also among the six victims.

Koonce is listed on The Covenant School’s website as “head of school.”
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2023, 08:02:01 PM »

It's the god-damned guns. It's always been the god-damned guns. It always will be the god-damned guns.

Screw, and I say screw with as much as inflection as possible as I cannot use the word that I want to use on this board, the guns. Screw your guns. Screw your gun’s feelings. Screw your feelings about your guns. Screw your “right to bear arms.” Screw the NRA. Screw all of the anti-gun control politicians who enable daily mass shootings. Screw anyone who would rather cling to their precious guns rather than save even one innocent child’s life.

No one who is willing to look the other way after a school shooting to protect gun rights loves this country. Anyone who does takes one look at the essence of evil and says “pardon me don’t let me stop you.” If this is you, do not dare claim to love America.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2023, 08:02:03 PM »

jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2023, 08:03:22 PM »

I would rather have my right to life; than to worship the false God of Hyper individualism.

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2023, 08:05:17 PM »

God, the replies to this are cancerous. The morons actually think that USAToday is doing this out of respect or whatever and not because, you know, it's a piece of factual information that needs to be corrected. It's no different than when they initially reported the shooter to be a teenager and then found out they were 28.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2023, 08:10:46 PM »

After the past page or so somehow degenerating into abortion sniping as well as the obviously relevant trans sniping and gun sniping, I'm tempted to speculate darkly about this shooting being the final boss of the culture wars, but unfortunately I don't think it's even close. We are the sick man of today's world, not geostrategically but morally.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies