6 dead in shooting at Christian elementary school in Nashville
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:58:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  6 dead in shooting at Christian elementary school in Nashville
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: 6 dead in shooting at Christian elementary school in Nashville  (Read 7763 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2023, 08:13:31 PM »

How lucky are conservatives right now?  Usually they have to sit quietly for a day or two and awkwardly wait for either a counter-narrative to emerge, or if not, just let the story disappear on its own.  But as if by magic, the excuse to throw this story about murdered 9-year olds directly into the trash already presented itself within about three hours; TRANSGENDERS Shocked Shocked  No need to fix any gun laws when we still have TRANS PEOPLE freely roaming around. Angry

You’re sick.  

Prove me wrong.  And take a look in a f'ing mirror, Republican.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2023, 08:14:57 PM »

How lucky are conservatives right now?  Usually they have to sit quietly for a day or two and awkwardly wait for either a counter-narrative to emerge, or if not, just let the story disappear on its own.  But as if by magic, the excuse to throw this story about murdered 9-year olds directly into the trash already presented itself within about three hours; TRANSGENDERS Shocked Shocked  No need to fix any gun laws when we still have TRANS PEOPLE freely roaming around. Angry

You’re sick.  

Why are you acting like this isn't exactly what conservatives are doing right now?

Don't pretend you care about these dead children when you refuse to support any gun control legislation.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2023, 08:18:57 PM »

Abortion is unironically good. There are too many kids in America.

What does abortion have to do with this?
The poster joju pushed anti-choice propaganda that angered me.

I don’t support banning abortions without fundamental government support for families who choose to keep their babies, which is something the Republican Party is not keen on.
So you support banning abortion with government support? What the hell is wrong with you?

A woman has the right to choose. It’s her body.

Same goes for Guns right ? My Guns. My Choice. My Body. My Choice.

But it doesn't and shouldn't  work that way. We live in such a hyper individualized culture that we have forgotten our bonds as human beings.

For example, look at abortion. Abortion is never autonomous. No one makes a decision to abort freely; there's always societal pressures. Economic Pressures.

So the Government should be there to support a family if they choose to keep their baby. That will make Republicans in the US super angry; because they're so capitalist and anti Government. That they literally wont help families and mothers thrive. That isn't pro life, it's pro forced birth.

Like wise, America worships our gun rights. Perhaps we shouldn't it ? Is it worth it to worship a right so much that it allows the most fundamental right to be taken away by a weapon of war ? Come on people, think about this fora moment. Think about it. We are too hyper individualistic, that we only see things in the lens of individualism. I find it to be such a cancer on our society. It takes a village to build a foundation.

Look at what has happened folks with this gun shooting. This is the result of our hyper individualistic thinking which I think is such a Cancer on our society; that we have to resort to Guns to solve our issues, external, and personal.

You can pry my guns from my cold dead hands you fascist pig.

Imagine standing before God and trying to explain this behavior.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2023, 08:19:27 PM »

I don’t support banning abortions without fundamental government support for families who choose to keep their babies, which is something the Republican Party is not keen on.
So you support banning abortion with government support? What the hell is wrong with you?

But it doesn't and shouldn't  work that way. We live in such a hyper individualized culture that we have forgotten our bonds as human beings.

For example, look at abortion. Abortion is never autonomous. No one makes a decision to abort freely; there's always societal pressures. Economic Pressures.

So the Government should be there to support a family if they choose to keep their baby. That will make Republicans in the US super angry; because they're so capitalist and anti Government. That they literally wont help families and mothers thrive. That isn't pro life, it's pro forced birth.

Like wise, America worships our gun rights. Perhaps we shouldn't it ? Is it worth it to worship a right so much that it allows the most fundamental right to be taken away by a weapon of war ? Come on people, think about this fora moment. Think about it. We are too hyper individualistic, that we only see things in the lens of individualism. I find it to be such a cancer on our society. It takes a village to build a foundation.

Look at what has happened folks with this gun shooting. This is the result of our hyper individualistic thinking which I think is such a Cancer on our society; that we have to resort to Guns to solve our issues, external, and personal.

I would rather have my right to life; than to worship the false God of Hyper individualism.

You do not have the right to tell a woman that she can’t excise a cancer growing in her body that you happen to call a child.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2023, 08:20:55 PM »

ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2023, 08:20:59 PM »

Well, this shooting has touched all of the major culture war topics raging in America right now.

Meanwhile, the tragedy of 6 dead Americans (including 3 children) & the high availability of guns in this country will fall by the wayside - as per usual.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2023, 08:23:58 PM »

Well, this shooting has touched all of the major culture war topics raging in America right now.

It has nothing to do with abortion except posters disliking one another's rhetorical choices and making the whole thread about them. In the beginning was the Discourse.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2023, 08:27:37 PM »

It has nothing to do with abortion except posters disliking one another's rhetorical choices and making the whole thread about them. In the beginning was the Discourse.
Yeah, I know. I wasn't talking about abortion or those posts.

The shooter & shooting itself hit all of the culture war craze.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2023, 08:29:01 PM »

Yeah, I know. I wasn't talking about abortion or those posts.

The shooter & shooting itself hit all of the culture war craze.

It's unusual and depressing that it already involves guns, religion, schoolchildren, and The Transgendereds without this forum having to actively make it about those subjects, yes.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2023, 08:50:26 PM »

Ahh cool. I get all of my religious and moral guidance from Karl f’ing Marx. You must be a troll so not really sure what to do with you, other than say shame on you because this is the worst place to choose to be a troll.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2023, 08:55:58 PM »

Ahh cool. I get all of my religious and moral guidance from Karl f’ing Marx. You must be a troll so not really sure what to do with you, other than say shame on you because this is the worst place to choose to be a troll.

I was across the street from a mass shooting a few months ago, it happened in a building I had a class in the next day, and in a building I had been in 30 minutes earlier eating dinner. I’m not the one bringing politics into a tragedy. There are certain inalienable rights bestowed to everyone in the United States and the right to bare arms is one of them.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2023, 09:02:56 PM »

I was across the street from a mass shooting a few months ago, it happened in a building I had a class in the next day, and in a building I had been in 30 minutes earlier eating dinner. I’m not the one bringing politics into a tragedy. There are certain inalienable rights bestowed to everyone in the United States and the right to bare arms is one of them.
*The 2A is NOT absolute (despite what many ammosexuals want to believe).

*Amendments can be repealed or changed. That's literally the point of amendments.

*Outside of a fringe group of people, no one is calling for all guns to be banned. Just certain ones and with more regulations before being able to purchase a gun.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2023, 09:15:48 PM »

Maybe  this thread, today, is especially not a good opportunity to say this?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2023, 09:19:09 PM »

With 3 of the victims being adults, do the authorities think that this was brought about by some kind of personal grudge against the staff?

With many mass shootings personal grudges play a role, so it wouldn't be surprising.

Has it been mentioned if there was anyone who was shot but survived?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2023, 09:20:02 PM »

So while everyone's been arguing in this thread, has anyone posted this yet?

https://nypost.com/2023/03/27/everything-we-know-about-the-nashville-school-shooter/

Seems that the shooter (1) once attended the school in question, and (2) posted on social media about the problem of gun violence back in 2012. I'm increasingly getting the vibe that this was some kind of attempt to "strike back" against a Christian school that somehow wronged this person, or against Christians/conservatives in general.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2023, 09:22:23 PM »

Ugh. No one gets my point.

Literally, The only person who can possibly get my point is Christian Man.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2023, 09:23:48 PM »

How lucky are conservatives right now?  Usually they have to sit quietly for a day or two and awkwardly wait for either a counter-narrative to emerge, or if not, just let the story disappear on its own.  But as if by magic, the excuse to throw this story about murdered 9-year olds directly into the trash already presented itself within about three hours; TRANSGENDERS Shocked Shocked  No need to fix any gun laws when we still have TRANS PEOPLE freely roaming around. Angry

You’re sick. 

Prove me wrong.  And take a look in a f'ing mirror, Republican.

No conservative has showed up in this thread to say anything like you’re implying.  The motivations of a mass shooter are a relevant topic of discussion, trans or not.  You’re the one making partisan hay out of the story. 
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2023, 09:24:48 PM »

So while everyone's been arguing in this thread, has anyone posted this yet?

https://nypost.com/2023/03/27/everything-we-know-about-the-nashville-school-shooter/

Seems that the shooter (1) once attended the school in question, and (2) posted on social media about the problem of gun violence back in 2012. I'm increasingly getting the vibe that this was some kind of attempt to "strike back" against a Christian school that somehow wronged this person, or against Christians/conservatives in general.

This was the mom of the shooter.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2023, 09:39:59 PM »

With 3 of the victims being adults, do the authorities think that this was brought about by some kind of personal grudge against the staff?

With many mass shootings personal grudges play a role, so it wouldn't be surprising.

No, it seems that everyone who was shot passed away.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2023, 09:44:57 PM »

That leads me to suspect this person was skilled at hitting their targets and specifically intended to kill who they did.  Which is a horrible thought in terms of the kids.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2023, 09:46:37 PM »

No conservative has showed up in this thread to say anything like you’re implying.  The motivations of a mass shooter are a relevant topic of discussion, trans or not.  You’re the one making partisan hay out of the story. 
Well, check social media then...because that's all that is happening right now. Conservatives focusing on the shooter being trans and NOT the shooting itself.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2023, 10:17:50 PM »

That leads me to suspect this person was skilled at hitting their targets and specifically intended to kill who they did.  Which is a horrible thought in terms of the kids.

I've heard reports that one of the children killed was the church's pastor's daughter.  I don't want to speculate too much, but that fact does make me wonder.  But, I'm not sure how a 28 year old would have specific grievances with individual 9 year old kids other than through their families.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2023, 10:40:25 PM »

How lucky are conservatives right now?  Usually they have to sit quietly for a day or two and awkwardly wait for either a counter-narrative to emerge, or if not, just let the story disappear on its own.  But as if by magic, the excuse to throw this story about murdered 9-year olds directly into the trash already presented itself within about three hours; TRANSGENDERS Shocked Shocked  No need to fix any gun laws when we still have TRANS PEOPLE freely roaming around. Angry

You’re sick. 

Prove me wrong.  And take a look in a f'ing mirror, Republican.

Who on earth cares what the half-dozen or so useless blue avatars who still hang around here have to say?  Did I imply that I do?  Read my post again and show me where.

Go take a look around anywhere else on the internet right now and tell me what's the #1 theme of the reactions from conservatives.

And "partisan hay"?  Stop whining.  Civilized society stopped caring what conservatives and Republicans have to say about gun violence a long time ago, when we all realized you have zero interest in actually solving it.  (Other than offering non-solutions and other pointless distractions, that is.)  It's up to the rest of us to somehow figure it out without you.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2023, 11:15:35 PM »

Quote from: Goethe
(He opens a tome [of the New Testament] and begins.)
It says: ‘In the beginning was the Word [Wort].’
Already I am stopped. It seems absurd.
The Word does not deserve the highest prize;
I must translate it otherwise
If I am well inspired and not blind.
It says: In the beginning was the Mind [Sinn].
Ponder that first line, wait and see,
Lest you should write too hastily.
Is mind the all-creating source?
It ought to say: In the beginning there was Force [Kraft].
Yet something warns me as I grasp the pen,
That my translation must be changed again.
The spirit helps me. Now it is exact.
I write: In the beginning was the Act [Tat]. [3]

I am no Koine Greek scholar, but "Discourse" seems like an interesting choice for a word that might be approximated by "Word"/"Mind"/"Force"/"Act". Unless Goethe was just making it up; 'logos' strikes me as meaning "Word", but that might just be because I speak modern European languages that use it as a root meaning 'word'.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2023, 11:20:10 PM »
« Edited: March 28, 2023, 04:12:27 PM by TheReckoning »

Who on earth cares what the half-dozen or so useless blue avatars who still hang around here have to say?

Yeah, because the red avatars are definitely the ones bringing diversity to Atlas LMAO
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies