6 dead in shooting at Christian elementary school in Nashville
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:56:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  6 dead in shooting at Christian elementary school in Nashville
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Author Topic: 6 dead in shooting at Christian elementary school in Nashville  (Read 7739 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 27, 2023, 12:05:28 PM »
« edited: March 27, 2023, 06:08:33 PM by 14 Down, 36 To Go »

Absolutely tragic.  This hits really close to home.

TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 12:07:08 PM »

RIP Victims
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 12:08:26 PM »

Bet they weren't a drag queen.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 12:10:25 PM »

Time to be pro life; pro life at all stages.
Mr. Matt
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 12:10:51 PM »

Jeez, not even thoughts nor prayers.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2023, 12:16:30 PM »

Dead elementary school children, you say?  Just throw 'em on the pile.  This country doesn't care.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 12:18:14 PM »

There is no issue that makes me think MTG might have a point about how the nation splitting up other than this, I and quite frankly the majority of the nation are sick of this sh*t and we all know what the proven solution is but the senate structure and the election college give disproportionate political power to the hicks who think the 2A is the most important amendment
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2023, 12:20:22 PM »

There is no issue that makes me think MTG might have a point about how the nation splitting up other than this, I and quite frankly the majority of the nation are sick of this sh*t and we all know what the proven solution is but the senate structure and the election college give disproportionate political power to the hicks who think the 2A is the most important amendment

Yeah, just throw tens of millions of mostly non white southerners under the bus because you and the hicks can't get along. So patriotic.

Crazy how you're fine with America breaking up but will defend Ukraine's territory to the death including Crimea.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2023, 12:21:36 PM »

Yeah because mass shootings totally don’t happen in blue states all the time, lol.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2023, 12:24:30 PM »

So much for prayer in school preventing school shootings.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2023, 12:25:13 PM »

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2023, 12:25:50 PM »

Yeah because mass shootings totally don’t happen in blue states all the time, lol.

Blue states could ban assault weapons if they were separated from red states.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2023, 12:28:43 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2023, 12:32:06 PM by TheReckoning »

1. You don’t need an “assault weapon” to commit a mass shooting (most mass shootings are committed with handguns).

2. Gun control doesn’t always work. Somalia has a total ban on civilians owning guns, how’s that working out for them?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2023, 12:30:14 PM »

RIP to all of the victims.

I'm numb to this stuff at this point. Nothing will change and many gun-owning Americans prioritize their guns over the lives of their fellow Americans - so it is what it is.

Moving to Canada gets more and more appealing as I've said before. If only it were easier to immigrate to Canada from America.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2023, 12:32:51 PM »

Gun control doesn’t always work. Somalia has a total ban on civilians owning guns, how’s that working out for them?

Somalia is a failed state, what a stupid comparison.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2023, 12:38:20 PM »

The shooter was apparently a teenaged girl, which is, uhm, quite a strange profile for a mass shooter?

Wonder if the school was targeted specifically because it was Christian. 
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2023, 12:39:35 PM »

Yeah, just throw tens of millions of mostly non white southerners under the bus because you and the hicks can't get along. So patriotic.

Crazy how you're fine with America breaking up but will defend Ukraine's territory to the death including Crimea.
I’m not advocate actually breaking up, I’m bemoaning the fact that nothing is going to get done to fix this
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2023, 12:45:54 PM »

1. You don’t need an “assault weapon” to commit a mass shooting (most mass shootings are committed with handguns).

2. Gun control doesn’t always work. Somalia has a total ban on civilians owning guns, how’s that working out for them?

The mass shootings with the most casualties involved assault weapons. Taking away weapons that allow a shooter to kill dozens in minutes in a good way to reduce mass shootings.

Somalia has decades of factional and regional violence. That situation is not remotely relevant to mass shootings in a developed country not at war.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2023, 12:57:14 PM »

In a country with free movement between blue and red states and where any slightly restrictive regulations in blue states get shot down immediately, what does this prove??? Especially when your side ignores the actually relevant difference between countries with strict gun laws and those without.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2023, 12:58:12 PM »

Thank god they weren't at a drag show, someone might've harmed those children
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2023, 01:24:21 PM »

The shooter was apparently a teenaged girl, which is, uhm, quite a strange profile for a mass shooter?

Wonder if the school was targeted specifically because it was Christian. 

They have updated the description to a 28 year old woman.  Still, it's a less traditional demographic for an act like this.

I certainly hope that isn't the motive (it is affiliated with a PCA Presbyterian church), but it's such a tragedy either way.
RFK 2024
BasedSanta
Canada

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2023, 01:30:40 PM »

Just another Monday in the United States.   Sad
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2023, 01:32:37 PM »

The shooter is allegedly a 28-year-old woman, which is not the usual profile of a mass shooter.

Is it possible she was an ex-employee or a parent?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2023, 01:36:08 PM »

Maybe that DeSantis speechwriter had a point
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2023, 01:36:10 PM »

... 2. Gun control doesn’t always work. Somalia has a total ban on civilians owning guns, how’s that working out for them?

Are you kidding us with this garbage?
Honestly ... you are going to bring an example of "Somalia" into this discussion? Is this the kind of crap-like examples, the right-leaning media feeds their ignorant viewers?
Just wow.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies