6 dead in shooting at Christian elementary school in Nashville (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:37:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  6 dead in shooting at Christian elementary school in Nashville (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 6 dead in shooting at Christian elementary school in Nashville  (Read 7782 times)
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 27, 2023, 12:07:08 PM »

RIP Victims
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 12:21:36 PM »

There is no issue that makes me think MTG might have a point about how the nation splitting up other than this, I and quite frankly the majority of the nation are sick of this sh*t and we all know what the proven solution is but the senate structure and the election college give disproportionate political power to the hicks who think the 2A is the most important amendment

Yeah because mass shootings totally don’t happen in blue states all the time, lol.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 12:28:43 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2023, 12:32:06 PM by TheReckoning »

There is no issue that makes me think MTG might have a point about how the nation splitting up other than this, I and quite frankly the majority of the nation are sick of this sh*t and we all know what the proven solution is but the senate structure and the election college give disproportionate political power to the hicks who think the 2A is the most important amendment

Yeah because mass shootings totally don’t happen in blue states all the time, lol.

Blue states could ban assault weapons if they were separated from red states.

1. You don’t need an “assault weapon” to commit a mass shooting (most mass shootings are committed with handguns).

2. Gun control doesn’t always work. Somalia has a total ban on civilians owning guns, how’s that working out for them?
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 02:11:42 PM »

I can only hope when I’m 28 I still pass for a teenager.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 06:31:33 PM »

Anyone want to start a betting pool on when this thread will be locked? I say 3 more pages.

Reading This whole thread, once we learned the shooter may have been trans, makes me think it might be a good idea, if it spares us anymore of this garbage.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2023, 06:38:17 PM »

Anyone want to start a betting pool on when this thread will be locked? I say 3 more pages.

Reading This whole thread, once we learned the shooter may have been trans, makes me think it might be a good idea, if it spares us anymore of this garbage.

We can't discuss a mass shooting because 1 or 2 people will cross a line and say something inappropriate, and then other users will say "this is inappropriate", and then moderators will do moderator things?

It’s not just Dr. Scholl, who’s posts have arguably been not much below average, relative to other posts in this thread.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 11:20:10 PM »
« Edited: March 28, 2023, 04:12:27 PM by TheReckoning »

Who on earth cares what the half-dozen or so useless blue avatars who still hang around here have to say?

Yeah, because the red avatars are definitely the ones bringing diversity to Atlas LMAO
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2023, 02:48:54 PM »
« Edited: March 28, 2023, 03:24:15 PM by TheReckoning »

If you want to deter crazy criminals, you have to lock crazy people up in asylums before they start hurting people. That's not something many people want to hear either, but I have noticed that a lot of the times when something like this happens, it becomes very very clear that the killer was obviously a crazy lunatic for a long time before they went on a killing spree. I'm certainly not advocating that every single eccentric or crazy person get thrown into a One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest hellscape, but some people really do need to be institutionalized for their own good and for the safety of others.

This.

Unless America accepts how useful mass incarceration is, we won’t be able to solve our problems.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2023, 03:20:38 PM »

1. So what would be an effective deterrent for school shooters?

This one seems very easy. Making it almost impossible to get a gun would be a very effective deterrent for school shooters.

That’s impossible, so a non starter. You might as well say just making people think shooting up schools is bad would stop school shootings.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2023, 03:23:56 PM »

If you want to deter crazy criminals, you have to lock crazy people up in asylums before they start hurting people. That's not something many people want to hear either, but I have noticed that a lot of the times when something like this happens, it becomes very very clear that the killer was obviously a crazy lunatic for a long time before they went on a killing spree. I'm certainly not advocating that every single eccentric or crazy person get thrown into a One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest hellscape, but some people really do need to be institutionalized for their own good and for the safety of others.

This.

Under America accepts how useful mass incarceration is, we won’t be able to solve our problems.

I'm not talking about mass incarceration. I'm talking about institutionalizing crazy people who obviously are not safe to be out wandering around on their own.

That’s mass incarceration. They might not be in prisons per se, but any time someone is detained against their will is incarceration.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2023, 03:56:03 PM »

This one seems very easy. Making it almost impossible to get a gun would be a very effective deterrent for school shooters.

That’s impossible, so a non starter. You might as well say just making people think shooting up schools is bad would stop school shootings.
No, it is not impossible. Every other developed country has done it, but the United States can't. Supposedly, the "greatest" country in the world?

If that's the case, then that means the United States is a worthless country and that Americans are depraved individuals.

What other developed countries have made it near-impossible to own a gun?

And which of those countries had 400 million guns in circulation, virtually all of which were unregistered?
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2023, 04:07:08 PM »

No, it is not impossible. Every other developed country has done it, but the United States can't. Supposedly, the "greatest" country in the world?

If that's the case, then that means the United States is a worthless country and that Americans are depraved individuals.

What other developed countries have made it near-impossible to own a gun?

And which of those countries had 400 million guns in circulation, virtually all of which were unregistered?
Japan? South Korea? UK? Australia? I could go on - gun laws are extremely strict in those countries.

The second statement is an excuse.

It’s not near impossible to get a gun in the UK or Australia. Millions of people in those countries own guns.

The second statement is not an excuse, it’s the reality we live in. Guns are a destructive force, I don’t deny that, but at the end of the day, our country has a lot of guns, and no government policy can change that fact.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2023, 09:46:50 PM »

What is this graph intended to prove? That having more guns, in the short run, increases deaths from guns?

That’s kind of a truism, no?
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2023, 03:53:08 PM »

It’s well document that surges in testosterone levels cause people to become more violent. If the shooter was a biological female taking far higher than the natural levels of testosterone, it could explain their homicidal tendencies.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2023, 03:56:19 PM »

It’s well document that surges in testosterone levels cause people to become more violent. If the shooter was a biological female taking far higher than the natural levels of testosterone, it could explain their homicidal tendencies.

Good point. I hadn't even thought of that.

What’s the punchline? I haven’t ever seen you agree with someone other than Santander unironically.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2023, 01:25:48 AM »
« Edited: November 08, 2023, 02:33:54 AM by TheReckoning »

I'd rather have mass shootings every day than live in a sh-thole police state like Singapore. Libertarian my ass. Why are self-proclaimed "libertarians" almost always the most fringe, radical, extremist authoritarians in the room?

Imagine caring about anything more than money
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies