PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:50:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 284011 times)
henster
YaBB God

« on: September 20, 2021, 10:38:49 PM »

I don’t think even Lamb went after Parnell on this in his 2020 race.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 01:10:00 AM »

Tilt Fetterman -> Tilt Oz

Can anyone really confidently say Lamb would be doing worse than Fetterman at this point? Between the jogger ad designed to depress black turnout, debate dodge, and the incoherent speeches. Oz has more of opening than he ever would’ve with Lamb.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 09:59:44 PM »

If I were advising Fetterman's campaign I'd recommend doing a direct to camera ad with a script like the following:

I'm John Fetterman, and Dr. Oz has been attacking me for having a stroke.

Yes, a doctor. Attacking me. For having a stroke. I know politics is brutal, but ~man~.

~My~ doctor says I'm recovering nicely. Recovering from a stroke can be difficult, and ugly at times, and most people don't have to do it in the spotlight of a political campaign. Dr. Oz knows that.

But this isn't the first time he's shown blatant disrespect to people because of their health. He's said smokers should be refused medical treatment, even though doctors take an oath to do no harm. And he wants to privatize medicare, which would force millions of seniors into health plans cited by regulators for wrongly denying medical claims.

I'm running for the Senate so every American has access to the same quality health care that saved my life. I approve this message, because I'll never wish you ill for your personal choices, or judge you for your pre-existing conditions.

This is good maybe another ad talking about his hospital bill and how he’ll fight for affordable healthcare. Lot of ways you can spin this positively to voters. Also hopefully they can get the jogger to do an ad for him and neutralize that whole story.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 07:03:10 PM »

This MeidasTouch vid is the best takedown of Oz I’ve seen, unfortunately haven’t seen Fetterman really go into most of it besides his houses and carpetbagging. Oz being caught using illegal immigrants for labor should be something to drive away some Trumpie voters. Pushing fake medicines/cures should drive away most people, if the puppy stuff is true then you have a home run right there. The Jersey Oz and crudite attacks are starting to get really stale especially when the GOP is hammering away on policy.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 07:55:26 PM »

I mean I’m sure this oppo has been shopped around news outlets but Jezebel being the only one picking it up is a red flag. There’s no way the NYT or WaPo would let Jezebel of all outlets to break this before them, there’s more to this story.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2022, 08:11:19 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Biden endorses Lamb, assuming he endorses anyone in the primary.

Biden said the Lamb reminds him of his son Beau, which he also said about Buttigieg.

While he is more moderate than Fetterman or Kenyatta, he wouldn't be another Manchin or Sinema. He'd be more like a Booker, Klobuchar, or Gillibrand.
Biden will likely stay out of the race. Now Casey? His endorsement will be crucial if he decides to.

As for Lamb, the issue I see for him is his stance on energy. His support for natural gas could cost him in Chesco/Delco where there have been numerous problems with the Mariner East pipeline. Fetterman has flip-flopped on it since he won the Lt. Governor race in '18, rather disappointing imo.

Nostraslimeus is here all week children

The best thing Biden could've done is appoint Fetterman to some cabinet position in early 2021 clearing the field for Lamb. If Fetterman loses there's going to be a lot of finger pointing of what higher ups did and didn't do to prevent this.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2022, 08:44:50 PM »

I'm not going to be ableist, but trying to campaign in a highly competitive race while recovering from a stroke is never going to be easy its probably impossible. You can say this without attacking him for struggling for his words. Fetterman should've done the responsible thing and stepped aside given the stakes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies