CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:37:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89
Author Topic: CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD  (Read 69300 times)
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2050 on: December 04, 2020, 01:09:52 PM »

Here are the Final Lee Zeldin/Nancy Goroff Numbers from the Suffolk BOE Website

Zeldin  205,715 Votes  54,86 %

Goroff  169,294 Votes  45,14 %

Looks like Zeldin massivly overperformed Trump here. Trump got a pretty big "drubbing" in a County he won by 47,000 Votes in 2016.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #2051 on: December 04, 2020, 01:14:52 PM »

Smh, another Yankee appropriating my culture. It really annoys me when these GOP clowns pretend to be southern despite the fact that I'm pretty sure Miller-Meeks was born in California and obviously lives in Iowa. I realize it doesn't really matter but it's very bothersome.

"Bless your heart" should be more used in politics. It's a way of sounding genteel and comforting with non-Southerners not realizing you're saying "F^*& you".

(Disclaimer: Born and raised in N.C.)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2052 on: December 04, 2020, 01:15:00 PM »

VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2053 on: December 04, 2020, 01:16:01 PM »

QUEENS  Purple heart Blue heart Yellow heart Green heart
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2054 on: December 04, 2020, 01:43:15 PM »

Honestly, the big take away from these exchanges is that Van Duyne is an ***hole.  MMM was able to respond effectively, Van Duyne just comes across as a jerk.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2055 on: December 04, 2020, 01:46:26 PM »

Honestly, the big take away from these exchanges is that Van Duyne is an ***hole.  MMM was able to respond effectively, Van Duyne just comes across as a jerk.

What's the difference, I don't get it.
kwabbit

« Reply #2056 on: December 04, 2020, 01:52:46 PM »

Ocasio-Cortez seems to forget-or perhaps to ignore-that she's not the only member of Congress who comes from a working-class background. Yes, many of them went through the elite schools and many were born with a silver spoon in their mouths, but many others are small business owners or had to work to get where they are. In the Senate, Elizabeth Warren is an example of this.
AOC didn't have a particularly working-class upbringing either. She mostly grew up in a upper-middle class neighborhood and went to a fairly prestigious university while interning for Ted Kennedy. Working as a waitress and at a nonprofit after college doesn't exactly make her a symbol of working-class triumph when she most of her biography reads the same as a lot of 'privileged' congress people.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2057 on: December 04, 2020, 01:52:49 PM »

What's the difference, I don't get it.

Hard to say, I think the bit about sparkling water at the end just came across as really condescending and mean-spirited for some reason.  MMM's response (which Van Duyne seems to have been aping) came across as more of an authentic reaction (i.e. she did a better job of faking sincerity) and it didn't feel mean-spirited.  The MMM-AOC exchange made AOC look like a jerk whereas the AOC-Van Duyne one made Van Duyne look like a jerk.  Hopefully that makes sense, it's a bit hard to explain.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #2058 on: December 04, 2020, 01:55:07 PM »

Rs are going to shore that twit's district up aren't they?(Van Duyne)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #2059 on: December 04, 2020, 01:56:42 PM »

who cares
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #2060 on: December 04, 2020, 02:08:12 PM »

Rs are going to shore that twit's district up aren't they?(Van Duyne)

Yes, basically certainly; it is easy to make Safe R. There is some chance that they shore up MMM's too; it is unclear whether they will keep something like the current configuration, but with the seats turning some counterclockwise (to maximize the odds of going 4-0, but this has dummymander potential in a 2018 environment or if IA snaps back), or if they'll just bite the bullet and draw a Polk-to-Johnson seat and lock in 3R-1D.

(Either map can be made while respecting Iowa's county integrity requirements and looking substantially very clean.)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2061 on: December 04, 2020, 02:18:54 PM »

Cuomo and Bill De Blasio are getting old news, Cuomo should definitely be primaries. Beware, Rs 2 R Districts are gonna be lost in Redistricting

NY is going from 27 to 25 seats
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #2062 on: December 04, 2020, 02:26:20 PM »

Smh, another Yankee appropriating my culture. It really annoys me when these GOP clowns pretend to be southern despite the fact that I'm pretty sure Miller-Meeks was born in California and obviously lives in Iowa. I realize it doesn't really matter but it's very bothersome.
Her father was career Air Force. Her birthplace of Herlong, California is barely in California, along the Nevada line. Her father was likely stationed at the Sierra Army Depot. While she was growing up much of his service was in Texas, and she started her education at San Antonio Community College and the TCU. She received her pre-med education at USC while stationed in Seoul, Korea. Her residency in ophthalmology was at the University of Iowa.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #2063 on: December 04, 2020, 03:49:17 PM »

“Get me a drink, sweetie” shades into racism when said by a southern white lady and she knows it.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #2064 on: December 04, 2020, 04:24:47 PM »

Cuomo and Bill De Blasio are getting old news, Cuomo should definitely be primaries. Beware, Rs 2 R Districts are gonna be lost in Redistricting

NY is going from 27 to 25 seats
Actually they become 2 R seats in Texas.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #2065 on: December 04, 2020, 04:25:34 PM »

Do we have any idea what the overall House popular vote looks like? I'm curious to see how it compares to the Presidential vote. There seems to have been a pretty significant amount of ticket-splitting this year.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #2066 on: December 04, 2020, 04:35:09 PM »

“Get me a drink, sweetie” shades into racism when said by a southern white lady and she knows it.
Racism here, racism there, racism everywhere.  Get a life.   Do something constructive.

My wife is from Memphis.  IWas working in Bay City, Michigan in 1971.  She went to a meeting to join the YWCA.  They were promoting a movie “Racism in Mississippi.  Give me a break! LOL!
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2067 on: December 04, 2020, 05:05:45 PM »

Do we have any idea what the overall House popular vote looks like? I'm curious to see how it compares to the Presidential vote. There seems to have been a pretty significant amount of ticket-splitting this year.

I'm working on it and so is Elections Guy.
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=415111.0
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2068 on: December 04, 2020, 05:08:52 PM »

The Southernization of manners in the North and West is just as serious a threat as is the Yankification of manners in the South, which is to say very serious, actually, and well worth the concern of anybody interested in ~diversity~, ~tradition~, or both.

My wife is from Memphis.  IWas working in Bay City, Michigan in 1971.  She went to a meeting to join the YWCA.  They were promoting a movie “Racism in Mississippi.  Give me a break! LOL!

Right. Who ever heard of racism in Mississippi?

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #2069 on: December 04, 2020, 05:10:13 PM »

Racism here, racism there, racism everywhere.  Get a life.   Do something constructive.

...are you trying to say that there was no racism in Mississippi in 1971?
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2070 on: December 04, 2020, 05:13:15 PM »

"Bless your heart" should be more used in politics. It's a way of sounding genteel and comforting with non-Southerners not realizing you're saying "F^*& you".

(Disclaimer: Born and raised in N.C.)

The 1980s British T.V comedy Show on politicians and the civil service, 'Yes, Minister', said that 'with respect' was the worst insult that could be said in these circles because it sounded genteel but everybody really knew it meant 'with no respect.'
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #2071 on: December 04, 2020, 05:46:51 PM »

The Southernization of manners in the North and West is just as serious a threat as is the Yankification of manners in the South, which is to say very serious, actually, and well worth the concern of anybody interested in ~diversity~, ~tradition~, or both.

Who ever heard of racism in Bay City, Michigan.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #2072 on: December 04, 2020, 05:51:17 PM »

The city is 90% white. Also, Bay County swung hard to the right in 2016. I'd say it's a safe bet that racism exists there.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #2073 on: December 04, 2020, 06:20:05 PM »

My wife is from Memphis.  IWas working in Bay City, Michigan in 1971.  She went to a meeting to join the YWCA.  They were promoting a movie “Racism in Mississippi.  Give me a break! LOL!

https://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/2015/09/racist_graffiti_in_bay_city_yo.html

oops, and in 2015 no less
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2074 on: December 04, 2020, 06:37:17 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length