CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 12:11:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 ... 89
Author Topic: CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD  (Read 69529 times)
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1950 on: December 02, 2020, 12:56:40 PM »

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1951 on: December 02, 2020, 12:58:38 PM »

Burn down the entire NY BOE.
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #1952 on: December 02, 2020, 01:06:09 PM »

Not gonna hold out hope or anything, but there was plenty of ticket splitting in NY-22.

So gun to my head, I think Tenny pulls through. But don't count out Brindisi just yet.

Edit: And there are still 3,000 ballots under legal review. So who the hell knows at this point.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1953 on: December 02, 2020, 01:08:25 PM »

There will be a recount, this is going to take forever. Nothing between now and the recount matters.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1954 on: December 02, 2020, 01:11:58 PM »

So Biden actually did better than Clinton CA-39, won it by 10%, and that still wasn't enough to drag Cisneros over the finish line. That's an insane amount of ticket splitters. And maybe pre 2020, but given the GOPs actions over the last 4 years, it's still incredible to me that that many people voted split.

The democratic party has been far worse over the past 4 years. They've moved super far to the left on almost every single issue, and they advocated for shutting down the schools, curfews, among other inane restrictions. They've (democratic-aligned media and the democratic base) attacked our President for every little thing. Only reason I voted democratic for every federal position was Joe Biden is a good man who punched back at the left enough times for me to trust him. And democratic politicians did surprisingly compromise with Trump a few times despite their crazy base.

Not surprising to see a lot of Biden - R ticket splitters. The democratic party did not deserve to win a lot of seats this election.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #1955 on: December 02, 2020, 01:46:05 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2020, 01:56:57 PM by StateBoiler »

So Biden actually did better than Clinton CA-39, won it by 10%, and that still wasn't enough to drag Cisneros over the finish line. That's an insane amount of ticket splitters. And maybe pre 2020, but given the GOPs actions over the last 4 years, it's still incredible to me that that many people voted split.

The democratic party has been far worse over the past 4 years. They've moved super far to the left on almost every single issue, and they advocated for shutting down the schools, curfews, among other inane restrictions. They've (democratic-aligned media and the democratic base) attacked our President for every little thing. Only reason I voted democratic for every federal position was Joe Biden is a good man who punched back at the left enough times for me to trust him. And democratic politicians did surprisingly compromise with Trump a few times despite their crazy base.

Not surprising to see a lot of Biden - R ticket splitters. The democratic party did not deserve to win a lot of seats this election.

It seems Democrats in some areas are starting to shift here. I read an article from a New York City education official that was going into the direction of De Blasio shutting down the schools there again was wrongheaded compared to all the pre-checks they do for secondary schoolchildren and the teachers. Didn't rise to criticism saying De Blasio was wrong, but more disappointing that if we could create a safe situation, the kids need to be in school. There's also the evidence that since schools shutdown this is one giant exacerbator of achievement gaps. My wife's a middle school counselor and to provide an anecdote confirms in a school with few in the way of African-Americans but a ton of Hispanics from Mexico and Guatemala. One educator I read said "There's a lot of kids that when they restart in classrooms full-time should restart back at where they were in March 2020. If they have to be held back a year so be it, that's a compromise you have to make if you care about the child's long-term wellbeing." I know the schools where I am they no longer hold any kids back even if they legitimately flunk, for social reasons.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #1956 on: December 02, 2020, 01:51:51 PM »

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1957 on: December 02, 2020, 01:56:19 PM »

NE MS #POPULISTS Purple heart
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1958 on: December 02, 2020, 01:56:52 PM »

NUT.

See, I can appreciate Democratic NUT maps.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1959 on: December 02, 2020, 02:06:48 PM »

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1960 on: December 02, 2020, 02:23:53 PM »

If the Indiana 'Bloody Eighth' precedent of 1984 is anything to go by, it may be ~May before IA-02 has a Representative seated on its behalf. In any event, depending on how the House chooses - if at all - to proceed with regards to the thousands of unexamined undervotes, overvotes, & others that weren't counted for a variety of reasons, Hart might honestly have just as good a shot as Miller-Meeks at being determined the winner by the House.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1961 on: December 02, 2020, 02:44:36 PM »

What the Hart Campaign is doing is IMO total "Cringeworthy".

She knows she will lose before that 5 Judge Panel so she goes directly to the House.

SORE LOSER!
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #1962 on: December 02, 2020, 02:46:12 PM »

Pure desperation from Hart.. lol.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1963 on: December 02, 2020, 02:49:34 PM »

It's not desperation. 1984.....

In any case Hart should probably concede.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #1964 on: December 02, 2020, 02:58:03 PM »

Power's a wonderful drug.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1965 on: December 02, 2020, 02:59:11 PM »

Which statement are you replying to?
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1966 on: December 02, 2020, 03:00:43 PM »

Hart is disgusting..... she knows she would lose in front of courts so now she will simply ask Pelosi to declare her the winner, that would be a horrible precedent. Why even bother holding elections ?

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1967 on: December 02, 2020, 03:02:37 PM »

Hart is disgusting..... she knows she would lose in front of courts so now she will simply ask Pelosi to declare her the winner, that would be a horrible precedent. Why even bother holding elections ?

Not defending Hart here but....in a race where the result is within a few votes. Literally like 5, 6, 4 votes, it's really hard to conclusively know who won.

But Hart should, barring a new revelation, concede.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1968 on: December 02, 2020, 03:03:36 PM »

House democrats are probably the word biggest hypocrites, they should really stop lecturing us about how Trump is destroying democracy by refusing to concede when they can’t even accept losing a seat.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #1969 on: December 02, 2020, 03:03:37 PM »

If she wants to contest the result through the Iowa courts, fine go ahead..

But attempting to appeal your election loss to the house of representatives is pure desperation.. whether it has previous precedent of not.

There has already been a recount, and Miller Meeks was found to be still ahead. That should really be the end of it. I would say the same if Rita Hart was ahead by 6 votes..
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1970 on: December 02, 2020, 03:04:34 PM »

Hart needs to concede before the new house is sworn in. She's allowed to fight it until then, but IA-02 needs to be represented in Congress once the new house is sworn in.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1971 on: December 02, 2020, 03:05:24 PM »

If she wants to contest the result through the Iowa courts, fine go ahead..

But attempting to appeal your election loss to the house of representatives is pure desperation.. whether it has previous precedent of not.

There has already been a recount, and Miller Meeks was found to be still ahead. That should really be the end of it. I would say the same if Rita Hart was ahead by 6 votes..

When I say it's not desperation, I only mean because the word desperation implies she has no realistic chance. I'm saying she does have a chance.

But I agree with you that she should concede.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #1972 on: December 02, 2020, 03:06:40 PM »

6 vote margin "sore loser Hart, concede now"

7 million vote margin, with hundreds of thousands of votes in the relevant EC states "the President is well within his rights to contest this result"
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1973 on: December 02, 2020, 03:08:15 PM »

House democrats are probably the word biggest hypocrites, they should really stop lecturing us about how Trump is destroying democracy by refusing to concede when they can’t even accept losing a seat.

The rhetoric coming from Trump is far, far more dangerous. My parents are becoming completely unhinged over the Trump loss. They think the whole system needs to be torn down, the democratic party completely stole the election everywhere, China will take over America, everything is fake, etc. The president has far more influence than a random house member. Trump also lost by more than Hart did.

6 vote margin "sore loser Hart, concede now"

7 million vote margin, with hundreds of thousands of votes in the relevant EC states "the President is well within his rights to contest this result"

Kind of a strawman tbh. I don't think anyone is advocating for Hart to concede but not Trump.
UncleSam

« Reply #1974 on: December 02, 2020, 03:09:52 PM »

It would be a political disaster for the Democrats that would cost them a lot more than one seat in 2022 if they were to go against the certified result of the state of Iowa and seat Hart.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 ... 89  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies