CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:20:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD  (Read 66971 times)
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« on: November 08, 2020, 06:27:19 PM »

I believe the only House races that shouldn't be called at this time are Iowa 2nd, New Jersey 7th and Utah 4th.

Young Kim should be referred to as Congresswoman-elect.

Rather annoying that Jeff Van Drew got reelected, but at the end of the day, he's nothing more than an insignificant 1/435 member of the House.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 09:51:09 PM »

I believe the only House races that shouldn't be called at this time are Iowa 2nd, New Jersey 7th and Utah 4th.

Rather annoying that Jeff Van Drew got reelected, but at the end of the day, he's nothing more than an insignificant 1/435 member of the House.

Didn't they call NJ-7 back on Tuesday?

I believe so.  I forget to mention New York 3rd where Tom Suozzi is narrowly trailing, but there are thousands of votes outstanding and I believe they're the mail-in votes.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 09:57:29 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2020, 12:09:34 AM by Frank »

Didn't they call NJ-7 back on Tuesday?

I believe so.  I forget to mention New York 3rd where Tom Suozzi is narrowly trailing, but there are thousands of votes outstanding and I believe they're the mail-in votes.

It's really hard to believe Malinowski won so easily. I always felt his fate would be tied to Rouda's.

Oh no. You read it wrong and then I just read what you wrote wrongly.  They didn't call it 'back on Tuesday,'  'they called it back' on Tuesday (more likely Wednesday or Thursday.)  Meaning, not that it has been declared for Malinowski, but that it had been declared for Malinowski initially, but now it's undeclared.  
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 11:16:07 AM »

Miller Meeks is now ahead by 19 votes.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 11:29:07 AM »

I'd go with the Secretary of State website as well, but Decision Desk HQ has it at 19 votes
https://results.decisiondeskhq.com/2020/general/iowa
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 09:57:58 PM »

Alaska just dumped 50,000 ballots

The suspense was killing me. :/
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 07:24:45 AM »

As far as i can tell, batsh*t crazy Kathy Barnette in PA-04 has not conceded yet to Madeleine Dean. She lost by nearly 20%.

She hasn't tweeted since 11/11, and before that it was... insane

https://twitter.com/Kathy4Truth
I don't want to sound offensive but I seem to notice that black republicans tend to be more nutjoby/crazy than other republicans. Anyone else notice that?

Some are. But you also have people like Will Hurd, Tim Scott and Michael Steele who are decidedly not crazy.

There seems to be a combination of craziness and sanity among black Republicans. For example, the chair of the local Republican Party where I live (El Paso County), is a black woman named Vickie Tonkins. Tonkins has gotten herself in trouble with the Party, and received criticism within the media, for suggesting that the coronavirus pandemic is a hoax. She was urged to resign from her post, but did not. Tonkins also ran for the El Paso County Board of Commissioners in 2018, but lost the Republican primary to a white woman.

And of course, El Paso County is the home of Darryl Glenn, the former El Paso County Commissioner who lost to Michael Bennet in 2016, and who unsuccessfully primaried Doug Lamborn in 2018. Glenn branded himself as a "proud constitutional conservative" during his campaign, and has generally tried to avoid association with the local black community.

Mark Robinson, the new Republican Lieutenant Governor of North Carolina, is another of the black extremist loons.

This is one comment from Mark Robinson, who the Republicans in North Carolina just elected as Lieutenant Governor.

In one post from early 2018, Robinson chastised Black people for celebrating the “Black Panther” movie, saying they “refuse to acknowledge the pure sorry state of their current condition” and instead “get so excited about a fictional ‘hero’ created by an agnostic Jew and put to film by a satanic Marxist.”

The post goes on to say the movie is "trash that was only created to pull the shekels” out of Black people’s pockets, but the post uses a Yiddish slur for Black people.

It is interesting all those at AIPAC who railed against the supposedly antisemitic Scott Wallace in Pennsylvania and the women in New Mexico and Virginia, but who seem to have been completely silent with this out-right hate filled bigot.

I suggest Democrats here who take AIPAC seriously will now understand that AIPAC is nothing but a hack, partisan Republican organization.

As to Mark Robinson, I'm not sure if he's related to another extremist black Republican, Vernon Robinson.  Vernon Robinson, a former Winston-Salem city councilor, ran for the Republican nomination against Virginia Foxx using the slogan "Jesse Helms is back and this time...he's black!"
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 12:25:48 AM »

Decision desk HQ has called it.  I think they use AP in their 'calling' decisions.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 11:07:59 PM »

there are around 10 million people in Los Angeles County.  Is the 25th district entirely in Los Angeles County?
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2020, 04:00:26 PM »

I'm not saying it's perfect but can anyone honestly tell me that they know for sure what the result was in IA-2 or NY-22?

Ideally elections are decided by enough votes that we know for sure who won, but sometimes they're not. In those cases, we should have some mechanism for admitting that we don't know who won rather than devolving into these insane legal battles.

An alternative is that both get half the term and the certified winner gets to select which half they want.

There are no perfect solutions.  If Rita Hart has no legitimate grounds to contest her defeat, then she lost and that's true whether she lost by 6 votes or 60,000 votes.

Of course given the margin of error in the counting she might well have actually won, but both sides had the same rules going in.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2020, 04:39:21 PM »

According to the New York State Board of Elections Excel Sheets

NY-1

Lee Zeldin (R) 199,763  53,92 %

Nancy Goroff (D) 157,484  46,08 %

NY-2

Andrew Garbarino (R) 177,353  49,47 %

Jackie Gordon (D) 154,123  42,99 %

Harry Burger (G) 3,446  0,96 %

This should now be enough for the AP to call both Races.

Notable

Donald Trump lost Suffolk County to Joe Biden by about 11,000 Votes 351,643 to 340,940

Suffolk was close, but Trump won it narrowly 375,821 to 368,000. Above poster wasn't including the Conservative and Working Families ballot lines.  

Apologizing for the confusion. You're right! My mistake. Trump though won Suffolk by 47,000 Votes against Clinton in 2016. Now it's down to 7K.

Interesting, because the initial results on Long Island (at least Suffolk and Nassau County) were a major part of the argument that 'defund the police' was an unpopular message that hurt the Democrats.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2020, 06:31:13 PM »

Should Democrats use IA-2 as a bargaining chip? They will agree to seat Miller-Meeks in the house in exchange for policy concessions.

They better not. That would not be fair. Meeks won and should be seated.

Being fair to Republicans should not even begin to be a consideration any longer.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2020, 05:05:45 PM »

Do we have any idea what the overall House popular vote looks like? I'm curious to see how it compares to the Presidential vote. There seems to have been a pretty significant amount of ticket-splitting this year.

I'm working on it and so is Elections Guy.
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=415111.0
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2020, 05:13:15 PM »

Smh, another Yankee appropriating my culture. It really annoys me when these GOP clowns pretend to be southern despite the fact that I'm pretty sure Miller-Meeks was born in California and obviously lives in Iowa. I realize it doesn't really matter but it's very bothersome.

"Bless your heart" should be more used in politics. It's a way of sounding genteel and comforting with non-Southerners not realizing you're saying "F^*& you".

(Disclaimer: Born and raised in N.C.)

The 1980s British T.V comedy Show on politicians and the civil service, 'Yes, Minister', said that 'with respect' was the worst insult that could be said in these circles because it sounded genteel but everybody really knew it meant 'with no respect.'
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies