CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:27:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89
Author Topic: CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD  (Read 67003 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2075 on: December 04, 2020, 06:41:07 PM »

Awwwwwwwww

I'd trade in Cunningham for several House Dems who lost in a second (looking at you Elaine Luria)
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #2076 on: December 04, 2020, 06:46:07 PM »

Smh, another Yankee appropriating my culture. It really annoys me when these GOP clowns pretend to be southern despite the fact that I'm pretty sure Miller-Meeks was born in California and obviously lives in Iowa. I realize it doesn't really matter but it's very bothersome.
She literally said her first job was in Texas.

Seems to be a lot of IA-TX-CA connections. I have often noted that a large number of people moved from Iowa to CA in the mid 20th Century, and a large number probably did likewise to TX. There is also John Wayne, who was born in Iowa but is often associated with TX and then lived in CA as an actor.
And it turns out some of Miller-Meeks Czech ancestors settled in Iowa in the 19th Century and helped start the first school in the area.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #2077 on: December 04, 2020, 07:22:24 PM »

Guys, as a former Valenzuela campaign staffer, I'd like to apologize for failing to get her over the top. We really tried and busted our asses off, but we still came up short, and now America is paying the price for it. I feel guilty because I feel like I could have done more Sad
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2078 on: December 04, 2020, 07:25:04 PM »

Guys, as a former Valenzuela campaign staffer, I'd like to apologize for failing to get her over the top. We really tried and busted our asses off, but we still came up short. and now America is paying the price for it. I feel guilty because I feel like I could have done more Sad

How did Valenzuela manage to lose? Is Van Duyne, like, popular in that district?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2079 on: December 04, 2020, 07:27:44 PM »

Guys, as a former Valenzuela campaign staffer, I'd like to apologize for failing to get her over the top. We really tried and busted our asses off, but we still came up short. and now America is paying the price for it. I feel guilty because I feel like I could have done more Sad

How did Valenzuela manage to lose? Is Van Duyne, like, popular in that district?

This was the first year in a long time there was no straight ticket voting in Texas, I think had there still been straight ticket voting this year, we would have eeked it out. Also, our vast door knocking operation screeched to a comparative near stop and shell of its former self after Covid struck.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2080 on: December 04, 2020, 07:27:48 PM »

“Get me a drink, sweetie” shades into racism when said by a southern white lady and she knows it.

AOC isn't descended from slaves, she isnt black, and frankly if you passed her walking down the street you'd probably just assume she was some middle class suburban white woman. This is more stupid sorority banter than anything else, grow up.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2081 on: December 04, 2020, 07:30:43 PM »

“Get me a drink, sweetie” shades into racism when said by a southern white lady and she knows it.

AOC isn't descended from slaves, she isnt black, and frankly if you passed her walking down the street you'd probably just assume she was some middle class suburban white woman. This is more stupid sorority banter than anything else, grow up.

No one would assume that and you know it. 
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #2082 on: December 04, 2020, 07:31:33 PM »

This is the ideal Karen body. You may not like it, but this is what peak white passing looks like.

Also I can tell you as a lifelong resident of the South that the racism here is not exclusive to black people, especially in Texas.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #2083 on: December 04, 2020, 07:35:54 PM »

The Southernization of manners in the North and West is just as serious a threat as is the Yankification of manners in the South, which is to say very serious, actually, and well worth the concern of anybody interested in ~diversity~, ~tradition~, or both.

My wife is from Memphis.  IWas working in Bay City, Michigan in 1971.  She went to a meeting to join the YWCA.  They were promoting a movie “Racism in Mississippi.  Give me a break! LOL!

Right. Who ever heard of racism in Mississippi?
Who ever heard of racism in Bay City, Michigan.

The city is 90% white. Also, Bay County swung hard to the right in 2016. I'd say it's a safe bet that racism exists there.

Reported for hatefulness against white people
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2084 on: December 04, 2020, 07:36:16 PM »

No one would assume that and you know it. 

Yeah so I didn't grow up in the midwest, but where i'm from there are plenty of Italians who look damn similar to her. Frankly it doesnt matter. She's not black and the comment earlier suggested Van Duyne's comments harkened back to some sort of antebellum south racism, which is of course, absurd.

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2085 on: December 04, 2020, 07:37:10 PM »

This was the first year in a long time there was no straight ticket voting in Texas, I think had there still been straight ticket voting this year, we would have eeked it out. Also, our vast door knocking operation screeched to a comparative near stop and shell of its former self after Covid struck.

Seems like that really screwed over a lot of Democrats who ended up losing close races.

Also it really does seem like the elimination of STV limited downballot Democratic gains in Texas across the board.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2086 on: December 04, 2020, 07:38:20 PM »

Seems like that really screwed over a lot of Democrats who ended up losing close races.

Also it really does seem like the elimination of STV limited downballot Democratic gains in Texas across the board.

also idk the exact impact, but the local paper decided to be #moderateheros and endorse both allred and van duyne, so she was touting that around, frankly yes, i think she is a better candidate than marchant
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2087 on: December 05, 2020, 10:43:00 AM »

I was actually one of the very few people who got ME-SEN right.

Got NC-SEN wrong though. Shame cuz I was quite bullish on Thom (and Trump in NC), but the obviously junk Marist and CNN polls made me pessimistic about the state.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2088 on: December 05, 2020, 10:45:22 AM »

Got NC-SEN wrong though. Shame cuz I was quite bullish on Thom (and Trump in NC), but the obviously junk Marist and CNN polls made me pessimistic about the state.

Wrong thread? Or did you mean it to be here
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2089 on: December 05, 2020, 10:47:18 AM »

Wrong thread? Or did you mean it to be here

The latter, I think.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #2090 on: December 05, 2020, 11:09:51 AM »

Can we keep this thread on topic please?
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2091 on: December 05, 2020, 11:15:59 AM »

Very stupid for Dems to stop their door knocking if Republicans didn’t.  Elections are too important.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2092 on: December 05, 2020, 12:47:53 PM »

I believe this hurt candidates in PA too. This was the first prez election without it.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2093 on: December 05, 2020, 12:49:35 PM »

Democrats really needed to find a balance between being safe and still having a GOTV effort.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2094 on: December 05, 2020, 12:50:30 PM »

Democrats really needed to find a balance between being safe and still having a GOTV effort.

Just...wear masks and keep a reasonable distance. I think not having a GOTV and door knocking effort was a massive and entirely avoidable own goal.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2095 on: December 05, 2020, 12:51:26 PM »

Just...wear masks and keep a reasonable distance. I think not having a GOTV and door knocking effort was a massive and entirely avoidable own goal.

Yep. I was totally wrong on this aspect - I really think this hurt a lot of Dems this year.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2096 on: December 05, 2020, 01:18:57 PM »

LA-5 R v R runoff tonight. Results here after 9 pm ET: https://voterportal.sos.la.gov/graphical
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2097 on: December 05, 2020, 02:04:23 PM »

Tonight Republicans will officially claim their 211th House Seat with Polls closing in the LA-5 Runoff Election at 9pm ET.

ABC News, FOX News (who is relying on the AP Vote Cast Totals) have not called LA-5 while CNN & NBC have. ABC & FOX both have Republicans in the House at 210 Seats for the moment.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2098 on: December 05, 2020, 09:26:00 PM »

U. S. Representative -- 5th Congressional District
Early & Absentee Reporting - 20 of 24 parishes