What's more likely to flip?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:47:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  What's more likely to flip?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
GA-Sen 2022

PA-Sen 2022

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: What's more likely to flip?  (Read 2097 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 20, 2021, 11:06:41 PM »
« edited: January 20, 2021, 11:17:20 PM by lfromnj »

I think they are equally about as likely to flip.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 11:09:17 PM »

Pennsylvania, though in all likelihood neither will
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 11:29:02 PM »

PA, but the chance of either flipping is pretty low.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 12:25:22 AM »

PA, very narrowly.
AndyHogan14

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -6.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 12:40:07 AM »

PA

Only because I think Abrams' coattails will be too much to overcome in Georgia and who the hell is going to run against Warnock? GA is lean D. As far as PA is concerned, I think it's a tossup/tilt R at this point.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 10:42:46 AM »

GA-Sen IMO, I think people forget the nature of off years and how both PA and GA voted notably to the right of the nation.

It'll be interesting to see if Democrat's strong ground game in GA continues and how much canidate quality ends up mattering in both races.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 11:35:48 AM »

GA-Sen IMO, I think people forget the nature of off years and how both PA and GA voted notably to the right of the nation.

It'll be interesting to see if Democrat's strong ground game in GA continues and how much canidate quality ends up mattering in both races.

GA is a Runoff and D's can win Runoffs now in GA. Fetterman is the fav in PA
Red Wall

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 01:34:12 PM »

Georgia.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2021, 02:51:27 PM »

GA has the benefit of having an incumbent and an electorate that is largely unaffected by the national environment. Deal was one of the few Republican governors to do worse in 2014 than in 2010 despite being uncontroversial his whole tenure.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2021, 03:02:49 PM »

GA has the benefit of having an incumbent and an electorate that is largely unaffected by the national environment. Deal was one of the few Republican governors to do worse in 2014 than in 2010 despite being uncontroversial his whole tenure.

You have excuse Progressive Moderate map seriously, Rs aren't gonna sweep every competetive race out there, that's an R dream map.

He is only 15 yrs old, most of us been thru the riggers of college which are liberal institutions and College Professors have PHDs
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2021, 03:45:07 PM »

You have excuse Progressive Moderate map seriously, Rs aren't gonna sweep every competetive race out there, that's an R dream map.

He is only 15 yrs old, most of us been thru the riggers of college which are liberal institutions and College Professors have PHDs

lmao savage

Yeah, Georgia is not flipping with Stacey Abrams at the top of the ballot. I actually think it will probably be even bluer in 22 than 20. The trends there are devastating for Republicans, and Kemp's primary is going to make things worse for them.

Meanwhile, we've seen that even in GOP wave years (which is not guaranteed what 2022 is gonna be anyway) PA is willing to elect Democrats statewide. Fetterman is a very good recruit, while the GOP's best options would flounder in a primary and they will probably be stuck with someone crazy. Is it a done deal? Absolutely not. But it's definitely more competitive than Georgia
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2021, 04:01:32 PM »

I'm also thinking Pennsylvania.

Over the past decade, Georgia has been getting worse and worse for Republicans with every passing cycle, regardless of the change in the national environment. That's a problem that won't go away with Trump out of the White House. And there is a real possibility that Republicans nominate lunatics in both states.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2021, 04:12:44 PM »

lmao savage

Yeah, Georgia is not flipping with Stacey Abrams at the top of the ballot. I actually think it will probably be even bluer in 22 than 20. The trends there are devastating for Republicans, and Kemp's primary is going to make things worse for them.

Meanwhile, we've seen that even in GOP wave years (which is not guaranteed what 2022 is gonna be anyway) PA is willing to elect Democrats statewide. Fetterman is a very good recruit, while the GOP's best options would flounder in a primary and they will probably be stuck with someone crazy. Is it a done deal? Absolutely not. But it's definitely more competitive than Georgia

Technically it could be bluer than 2020 and Warnock still loses, given in the general election the combined Republican vote was 1% higher than the combined Democratic vote.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2021, 08:57:15 PM »

This is a bit of a non-answer, but I think they'll both vote the same way because strength in both states for the Democrats revolves around urban areas and their suburbs. If the suburbs shift rightward in 2022 then I don't see much of a path for Democrats in either state.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2021, 09:11:00 PM »

Warnock will be sharing the ticket with Stacey Abrams, and likely running against some MTG-like clown. 'Nough said.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies