2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:46:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 760 761 762 763 764 [765] 766 767 768 769 770 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 643470 times)
n1240

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19100 on: November 21, 2020, 02:55:30 PM »

NY update:

Absentee count:

Biden 379045 (73.2%)
Trump 130409 (25.1%)
Total 477918

Margin of 48.0%, average weighted final eday margin of Trump +5.4%, so average swing of 53.4%.

Statewide total:

Biden 4077677 (56.8%)
Trump 2981179 (41.6%)
Total 7174355
iceman
United States

« Reply #19101 on: November 21, 2020, 03:08:47 PM »

Update on Ohio:

They seem to have stooped updating the absentee vote tally, and so far, Trump continues to lead Biden in those ballots:

Trump +78,277
Biden +74,582

I think there’s not much left. AFAIK, Cuyahoga and Franklin already certified their results.
Yeah, plus Ohio plans to certify the results Tuesday so not much is left. The big chunk out there is basically all concentrated in New York. California only has 269,434 ballots yet to process.

It's a shame cause I've wanted Ohio to reach 6 Million votes. They fell short by about 75,000.
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #19102 on: November 21, 2020, 03:10:49 PM »

How the Wisconsin recounts are going:

ucscgaldamez1
Rookie
« Reply #19103 on: November 21, 2020, 03:46:33 PM »

I heard that in the Wisconsin recount of both counties, Republicans are trying to challenge almost every absentee vote. It is clear what they are trying to do but that's not going to work.
ucscgaldamez1
Rookie
« Reply #19104 on: November 21, 2020, 04:06:24 PM »

Trump is currently at 47.13%  (and will go down a bit more) of the total vote for the 2020 election. Romney officially got a higher % of the vote in 2012 than Trump  -@ 47.15%.
FrancoAgo
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -6.66, S: -3.33

« Reply #19105 on: November 21, 2020, 04:09:12 PM »

A lot of pages like the PA or OK results pages can’t be accessed from the EU ...

probably the EU law on the cookies?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #19106 on: November 21, 2020, 04:22:31 PM »

A lot of pages like the PA or OK results pages can’t be accessed from the EU ...
Use a VPN.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19107 on: November 21, 2020, 04:31:25 PM »

Part of me is loving how salty he is about losing Georgia (and Georgia, specifically). 

This.

Why are Atlas liberals so upset about Trump becoming unhinged about the election results?  He has no chance in overturning the results.  We're literally watching him televise how his life is falling apart.  Just enjoy the show everyone.
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #19108 on: November 21, 2020, 04:45:59 PM »

Part of me is loving how salty he is about losing Georgia (and Georgia, specifically). 

This.

Why are Atlas liberals so upset about Trump becoming unhinged about the election results?  He has no chance in overturning the results.  We're literally watching him televise how his life is falling apart.  Just enjoy the show everyone.

Even attempting to overturn the results of a clearly legitimate election is a sign of authoritarianism. And if it is not actively opposed, it can be successful. It would be nice if he sat down, shut up, and started packing his spray on tan bottles instead of perpetuating attacks on the very democracy he is supposed to defend as president and encouraging his loyalists to do the same. I'd love that. Most folks I think would love that. But instead the nonsense continues and we're being forced to address it.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19109 on: November 21, 2020, 04:52:30 PM »

This.

Yes, let's all have fun watching somebody tell people with violent tendencies to "take back the country" and undermine the democratic processes.

Lets all sit back and watch with entertainment as Republicans show they are 100% willing to overthrow the election if an avenue were to ever open up.

It's this mindset that allowed people like Hitler to come to power, just watching on the sidelines and laughing, ignoring the danger that was in front of them.
compucomp

« Reply #19110 on: November 21, 2020, 04:59:10 PM »

This.

Why are Atlas liberals so upset about Trump becoming unhinged about the election results?  He has no chance in overturning the results.  We're literally watching him televise how his life is falling apart.  Just enjoy the show everyone.

Yes, let's all have fun watching somebody tell people with violent tendencies to "take back the country" and undermine the democratic processes.

Lets all sit back and watch with entertainment as Republicans show they are 100% willing to overthrow the election if an avenue were to ever open up.

It's this mindset that allowed people like Hitler to come to power, just watching on the sidelines and laughing, ignoring the danger that was in front of them.

Indeed, if Trump continues his antics, the idea that the election was illegitimate could be gaining traction among the Republican segment of the population. Everyone on this forum thinks that's ridiculous and that Trump is clearly a flailing sore loser, but then again this forum couldn't imagine that 47% in a turbocharged turnout election would vote for Trump.

If/when Trump launches his coup, in whatever form, it would be quite dangerous if he had 30-47% of the population behind him.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #19111 on: November 21, 2020, 05:07:49 PM »

This.

Why are Atlas liberals so upset about Trump becoming unhinged about the election results?  He has no chance in overturning the results.  We're literally watching him televise how his life is falling apart.  Just enjoy the show everyone.

Hitler wasn’t being laughed out of every court by his own judges. Hitler wasn’t sending out his senile old lawyer who is literally melting before our eyes to ramble incoherent conspiracy theories and can’t get the basics of the law right. Hitler didn’t have officials and legislators in his own party and administration contradicting him and distancing themselves from him.

That all said, I try to strike a middle ground here: Yes, it’s messed up we’re even talking about this, and Trump and all his enablers should be strongly condemned. But at the same time, it’s so hilariously incompetent and obviously doomed to failure I can’t help but laugh a bit.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19112 on: November 21, 2020, 05:35:47 PM »

This.

This post shows an absurd level of histrionics.  Trump is being dismissed out of Court left and right.  He has a lawyer with hair dye streaming down his face.  There is literally zero chance he will overturn this election, but if you want to raise your blood pressure over nothing go right ahead.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19113 on: November 21, 2020, 05:41:49 PM »

This.

This post shows an absurd level of histrionics.  Trump is being dismissed out of Court left and right.  He has a lawyer with hair dye streaming down his face.  There is literally zero chance he will overturn this election, but if you want to raise your blood pressure over nothing go right ahead.

He won't have the election overturned.

But the damage he is doing to our norms and to his increasingly delusional hardcore fans is concerning.

I'm afraid one or more of them may snap and hurt people.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19114 on: November 21, 2020, 05:44:09 PM »

This.

Indeed, if Trump continues his antics, the idea that the election was illegitimate could be gaining traction among the Republican segment of the population. Everyone on this forum thinks that's ridiculous and that Trump is clearly a flailing sore loser, but then again this forum couldn't imagine that 47% in a turbocharged turnout election would vote for Trump.

If/when Trump launches his coup, in whatever form, it would be quite dangerous if he had 30-47% of the population behind him.

Trump's base has been brainwashed by him for years now.  They don't think covid is real.  They were going to view the election as fraudulent no matter what happened other than Trump winning.  There is nothing you can do to change their minds.  People here getting all worked up aren't going to change that fact.  Nor have the people complaining even suggested they are doing anything at all other than complaining here.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #19115 on: November 21, 2020, 05:54:53 PM »

This.

This post shows an absurd level of histrionics.  Trump is being dismissed out of Court left and right.  He has a lawyer with hair dye streaming down his face.  There is literally zero chance he will overturn this election, but if you want to raise your blood pressure over nothing go right ahead.
He won’t overturn this election. But what happens in the next election? Or the one after that? What does the fact that state legislative leaders are willing to sit down and have the discussion with him at all say about the state of our democracy?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19116 on: November 21, 2020, 06:21:10 PM »

He won’t overturn this election. But what happens in the next election? Or the one after that? What does the fact that state legislative leaders are willing to sit down and have the discussion with him at all say about the state of our democracy?

Exactly.  The fact that Republicans are openly attempting to overturn democracy and simply declare themselves the winners means that, in the eyes of the Republican Party, democracy is dead and they're perfectly happy to cheat their way into permanent power.

It doesn't work here because Biden won by too much.  But what if the results had been 1% more in Trump's favor?  What if Biden had lost Wisconsin and Arizona, so that Trump only needed one of PA/MI/GA to win the election?  What if the Republicans decide to run with this strategy, spend the next 4 years building the legal case for invalidating democracy, and then run a candidate in 2024 who's poised to take advantage of it?  And what does it say about Americans that we're not more outraged and sickened by this?  We're basically telling Republicans, go ahead and do it, we don't care.  We won't vote you out.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #19117 on: November 21, 2020, 06:27:00 PM »

Hitler wasn’t being laughed out of every court by his own judges. Hitler wasn’t sending out his senile old lawyer who is literally melting before our eyes to ramble incoherent conspiracy theories and can’t get the basics of the law right. Hitler didn’t have officials and legislators in his own party and administration contradicting him and distancing themselves from him.

That all said, I try to strike a middle ground here: Yes, it’s messed up we’re even talking about this, and Trump and all his enablers should be strongly condemned. But at the same time, it’s so hilariously incompetent and obviously doomed to failure I can’t help but laugh a bit.

Ok, but what happens when someone who is far more competent than Donald Trump tries to pull the same stunt?  The fact that certain folks in power are literally trying to invalidate the results of the election is startling and extremely dangerous.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #19118 on: November 21, 2020, 06:29:32 PM »
« Edited: November 21, 2020, 06:33:12 PM by Rep Jessica »

This.

Trump's base has been brainwashed by him for years now.  They don't think covid is real.  They were going to view the election as fraudulent no matter what happened other than Trump winning.  There is nothing you can do to change their minds.  People here getting all worked up aren't going to change that fact.  Nor have the people complaining even suggested they are doing anything at all other than complaining here.

And your base is brainwashed too to believe that the blm and the destruction of our cities is acceptable. It really freaking isn't. We both know elements of the left did in fact committ violence this summer and I'll admit that elements of the right probably joined in. I am pretty far to the left on a great number of issues and voted for sanders in 2016 and 2020 but violence is never the answer. I believe Trump clearly losed to Biden but if we're going to heal this nation we have to condemn all violence be it left or right. We both must look in the mirror.

Also I believe Covid to be real. It is really sad Sad I'll even admit that Trump burnt his own house down with his own liberterian small government inaction having to do with this virus.

There's never going to be any healing if we both can't admit that our sides have at least some wrongs on our hands. I know for a fact the left isn't peaceful and the actions taken by many leftist groups are completely unacceptable. I watched it on live streams and t.v for months.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19119 on: November 21, 2020, 06:31:22 PM »

Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #19120 on: November 21, 2020, 06:36:17 PM »

Trump lost because economic libertarianism is unpopular and heartless when it came to this virus. The republican party needs to focus on rebuilding our middle class, bringing jobs back and law & order for all. Everyone deserves to have a chance based on merit and to feel safe. Liberterianism is just heartless and Trump governed too far in that direction and he got kicked out.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19121 on: November 21, 2020, 06:52:25 PM »

Gotta say, having Every Single Word Capitalized makes reading this painful
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #19122 on: November 21, 2020, 07:15:32 PM »

With the certification of PA and MI on Monday (or next week), Trump can basically call it quits.

Can? Yes. Should? Yes. Will? Not until he is dragged out of the White House.
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #19123 on: November 21, 2020, 07:54:06 PM »

And your base is brainwashed too to believe that the blm and the destruction of our cities is acceptable. It really freaking isn't. We both know elements of the left did in fact committ violence this summer and I'll admit that elements of the right probably joined in. I am pretty far to the left on a great number of issues and voted for sanders in 2016 and 2020 but violence is never the answer. I believe Trump clearly losed to Biden but if we're going to heal this nation we have to condemn all violence be it left or right. We both must look in the mirror.

Also I believe Covid to be real. It is really sad Sad I'll even admit that Trump burnt his own house down with his own liberterian small government inaction having to do with this virus.

There's never going to be any healing if we both can't admit that our sides have at least some wrongs on our hands. I know for a fact the left isn't peaceful and the actions taken by many leftist groups are completely unacceptable. I watched it on live streams and t.v for months.

I keep seeing and hearing folks making claims along these lines... and I can't help but ask for the evidence that blm is for the destruction of the cities where most of its supporters live. It just seems a little... ridiculous. Of course, there is that whole state purpose of BLM that its about, you know, black lives mattering and maybe we shouldn't be executing so many black people in the streets. But I never see anyone on the right actually try to address that. Its all claims of secret plots and trying to equate the 10 to 1 dominance of anti-blm/right wing violence to that of blm related things without even bothering to address the unevenness of the scale, focus of the targets, or even daring to look at the lop sided body count.

Like seriously, I want to know what you specifically think blm is actually about, what the purpose of it actually is, why people are upset and feel they should risk their lives marching and calling for justice for those who've been murdered by police, and please provide credible evidence from original sources to back up your claim if it is as ridiculous and non-sensical as you seem to be suggesting it is. Because damn, I'm so tired of this innuendo crap of repeating a big lie over and over again like this. Aka, put up, or shut up.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #19124 on: November 21, 2020, 07:55:06 PM »

This.

Trump's base has been brainwashed by him for years now.  They don't think covid is real.  They were going to view the election as fraudulent no matter what happened other than Trump winning.  There is nothing you can do to change their minds.  People here getting all worked up aren't going to change that fact.  Nor have the people complaining even suggested they are doing anything at all other than complaining here.

I think you need to be reminded that RIGHT-WING groups plotted to kidnap two Governors (of different parties, so yay for bipartisanship) and now we know that part of the plot in Michigan was to conduct live executions at the Capitol. Say what you want about Black Lives Matter, but they never did any of that nor are they threatening  to overturn election results.
Pages: 1 ... 760 761 762 763 764 [765] 766 767 768 769 770 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies