The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 04:47:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 173252 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2225 on: November 09, 2022, 02:22:22 AM »

If I’m wrong I’m not reading about how she talked about his ancestors, just that he should be deported

Still bad, but just a different kind of bad

I added the bit about his ancestors because it is utterly absurd and extremely offensive to suggest that a man whose family was brought here against their will in chains should be forcibly shipped back to Africa now that he's finally found great success as a Senator. It is so disgusting it makes me almost physically ill, to think that Warnock could come so far compared to where his family came from and still have people basically telling him he doesn't "belong" and should go "back to Africa," when it wasn't even his family's choice to leave in the first place!

In effect, he was dragged here, then he rose against all odds and succeeded greatly under our great American democratic system anyway. NOW you want to tell me he should be deported? To where? A country that didn't even exist at the time his family was forcibly removed and shipped across the Atlantic?

Nikki Haley is a sick, sick degenerate. A repulsive excuse for a "person." No actual human being with a soul would make such a claim. I had thought slightly better of her than most of the GOP before today; no longer!

What part of what he said is so absurd or ignorant that it belongs here?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2226 on: November 09, 2022, 02:31:08 AM »

it's sad how people can get so confused by gender ideology

and remember, it's the confusion that's the goal

To be fair DT's got a point though. The thread's subject should make up their mind about their gender, once and for all, and then get back to us (the fact that your gender is just something you can 'make up your mind on' is itself problematic, tbh, but let's ignore that fact for a minute). Your gender is not something you can flip-flop on or just repeatedly change. I mean, I suppose I get it if you're born male but identify as female your entire life, or vice-versa. But to be born male, then say that you're actually female, then switch back to male, then say you're female again - DT's right: that's just somebody getting confused by 'gender ideology,' somebody who is either seeking attention or somebody who genuinely needs help of some kind (or both - and regarding the latter, it is not meant to be an insult in any way).

Of course, if this was a trans person who was intimidated into detransitioning but now wants to speak up about their real gender identity - that's different. But if this is someone who, entirely of their own accord, have changed their mind about their gender 3 times - I'm not sure how that's not "confusing" and concerning. Because it is.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2227 on: November 09, 2022, 12:38:03 PM »

PA: While this race is much likelier than not to stay Dem this cycle, I think the margin will be much closer than the polls suggest and will underestimate Mastriano (who has a Trumpier coalition) more than Oz. I think after the election, we'll sit here wondering why we ever believed Shapiro was going to win by double digits in a perennial swing state in a poor national environment for Democrats. Seriously folks, when fundamentals and polling collide, skew towards fundamentals.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2228 on: November 09, 2022, 04:58:15 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2022, 05:02:15 PM by CentristRepublican »

PA: While this race is much likelier than not to stay Dem this cycle, I think the margin will be much closer than the polls suggest and will underestimate Mastriano (who has a Trumpier coalition) more than Oz. I think after the election, we'll sit here wondering why we ever believed Shapiro was going to win by double digits in a perennial swing state in a poor national environment for Democrats. Seriously folks, when fundamentals and polling collide, skew towards fundamentals.

That entire post is hackish garbage 🗑. He “predicts” a 54-46 R senate majority, lol.

I’ll be fair: myself, and plenty of other posters - Democrats as well as Republicans - figured Shapiro would manage only a single-digit win. However, pretty much all of ElectionsGuy’s predictions came apart - aside from FL (where none of us forsaw haw much Rubio and DeathSantis would win by), he appears to have overestimated the GOP all around, in some cases to the point of it being laughable for us and humiliating for him.

He’s still not as bad as “citizenq”, who actually predicted that Mastriano would win, lmao. Come to think of it, if any prediction deserves to be here, that one probably does.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2229 on: November 09, 2022, 05:05:04 PM »

He’s still not as bad as “citizenq”, who actually predicted that Mastriano would win, lmao. Come to think of it, if any prediction deserves to be here, that one probably does.

Here it is:

3/4 wrong!
Kind of surprising he didn’t go all in and “predict” the GOP winning in MN as well.
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #2230 on: November 09, 2022, 06:12:57 PM »

Here it is:

3/4 wrong!
Kind of surprising he didn’t go all in and “predict” the GOP winning in MN as well.

Don't gloat. Pennsylvania now has an invalid as a Senator. Not something to be proud of. Not something to celebrate.

Something to pity.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2231 on: November 09, 2022, 06:21:56 PM »

Don't gloat. Pennsylvania now has an invalid as a Senator. Not something to be proud of. Not something to celebrate.
Hey, Pat Toomey isn't an invalid! Even worse, he's a Republican!

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #2232 on: November 09, 2022, 06:26:35 PM »

Here it is:

3/4 wrong!

Something to pity.

At least he's posting directly into the thread now.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2233 on: November 09, 2022, 08:14:32 PM »

Well I will say it was highly misleading for Ferguson to make his little, uh, edit to NC Conservative's post.
DabbingSanta was the one who made the edit. Ferguson posted it unedited.

Oh God. Well, DS really is a completely loser, hateful POS who, in an ordinary world, would be permabanned. And it's not as if NC Conservative isn't a bigot, either (I recall his infamous exchange with you - that's why I had something of a 'confirmation bias' and why it was very easy for me to believe he'd say something like he supports "banning" transgenders).

I generally hold my fire toward our younger posters, but you really need to stop setting yourself up as some kind of moral arbiter.  It really is getting tiresome.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #2234 on: November 09, 2022, 09:59:49 PM »

In my home county, a new kid was late to class.  The teacher noticed the kids's lack of the proper pass and, even though he was new, he was sent to in-school detention.  There, he was with a male teacher and another kid that obviously had "issues".  The other kid stared staring at the kid and began to play the "Who are you lookin' at?" game.  The kid was new, unfamiliar, and was in a position where nothing he said (or not saying anything) would decrease the tension.  After a few cases of "Who are you looking at?" and stuff like that, the other kid attacked the kid, pummeling him in the head.  The teacher did nothing to break up to fight.  The kid was taken to the hospital and had long-standing effects from a head injury.  (I know this because the kid is the son of someone my wife knew from work; these incidents are kept secret from the public.) 

I would ask the people here which incident is more thread-worthy; an incident where a kid acts stupidly and hatefully, but no one goes to the hospital, or an incident where a kid is injured due to the criminal behavior of another kid and the teacher's inaction?

"Bias-based harm".  This kid was offensive, the costume should not have been allowed, but he didn't injure other kids.  I'm not approving of what happened at all, but that fact really does need to be noted.  What were the dynamics of in-school violent incidents in this school?  How come we don't know that?  Is there NONE?

I know that people here have a political interest in claiming that Nazism is being normalized in America, so they post this.  These same people wish to keep the actual violence in public schools a secret because publicizing it does not serve the interest of people that post these sort of things.  If the media really cared about the welfare of public high school students, they'd do serious investigative work on the real risks to the safety of public high school students.  The issues that put kids in the hospital.  The issues that leave the decent kids in public schools in real danger that they should not be in.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2235 on: November 10, 2022, 01:04:11 AM »

Well I will say it was highly misleading for Ferguson to make his little, uh, edit to NC Conservative's post.

Oh God. Well, DS really is a completely loser, hateful POS who, in an ordinary world, would be permabanned. And it's not as if NC Conservative isn't a bigot, either (I recall his infamous exchange with you - that's why I had something of a 'confirmation bias' and why it was very easy for me to believe he'd say something like he supports "banning" transgenders).

I generally hold my fire toward our younger posters, but you really need to stop setting yourself up as some kind of moral arbiter.  It really is getting tiresome.

I also feel that calling for the "banning" of an entire group is absolutely intolerable and must be called out for what it is - genocide. Or, if you prefer to think of it, "tiresome." When DS stops with his IMO "tiresome" behaviour of genocide advocacy - against trans people, against anyone (and yes, calling for a group of people to be "banned" is genocide advocacy, and I'm not sure how you'd spin it or pretend otherwise) - I will stop with my "moral arbitration" (assuming that by that, you mean me calling out people for advocating genocide).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2236 on: November 10, 2022, 01:08:19 AM »

Here it is:

3/4 wrong!

Something to pity.

A million times better than having an anti-Semitic, bigoted extremist as their governor, a man who would strip away freedom from a majority of Pennsylvanians (any woman seeking an abortion, LGBT Pennsylvanians, those who dare to defy his will and support the Democrats - regarding the very last point, he literally said he'd appoint an SoS who would ensure that Trump received PA's electoral votes even if the voters went Democrat, said he'd purge voter rolls and disallow voting machines arbitrarily).

You know what I find pitiful? A so-called "libertarian" who simps for a guy who supports abortion bans and book bans and voting restrictions. I find it pitiful when somebody's "predictions" are so hackish and delusional they're wrong by more than 13 points in their own state, and 3 out of their 4 "predictions" go wrong (2 of them woefully so - Shapiro, of course, won his race by over 13 points, but even Whitmer won by a solid 10 point margin).
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #2237 on: November 10, 2022, 01:34:34 AM »

Here it is:

3/4 wrong!

Something to pity.

Cope and seethe.
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #2238 on: November 10, 2022, 01:39:16 AM »

Here it is:

3/4 wrong!

Something to pity.

Cope and seethe.

Nothing to seethe. Philadelphia is already a garbage dump. Now it's represented by someone who is of a similar nature.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2239 on: November 10, 2022, 03:30:31 AM »

Here it is:

3/4 wrong!

Something to pity.

You fascists deify strength but you can’t even beat “invalid” stroke victims or Ukrainian tractor drivers lol. Meme ideology for tweens with repressed gay thoughts.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2240 on: November 10, 2022, 08:45:26 AM »

CR doing that isn't half as obnoxious as you bringing up BLM all the time(among other things).
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2241 on: November 10, 2022, 08:50:35 AM »

CR doing that isn't half as obnoxious as you bringing up BLM all the time(among other things).

What I don't do is make sweeping moral judgments about individual posters, aside from how they act toward other posters here.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2242 on: November 10, 2022, 06:37:09 PM »

Here it is:

3/4 wrong!

Something to pity.

The very large and physically imposing John fetterman could wipe the floor with your ass.

Come to think of it, I'd pay good money to watch that.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2243 on: November 14, 2022, 02:01:10 PM »

Can't wait for the Jan 6 committee to be disbanded. Maybe we get a Hunter Biden one as a replacement?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2244 on: November 15, 2022, 11:05:27 PM »

The Supreme Court orders Trump sworn in, even if Biden or whatever Democrat is the nominee wins all fifty states.

Just like they did in 2020, right?

They probably would have if January 6 hadn't happened.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2245 on: November 15, 2022, 11:29:50 PM »

The Supreme Court orders Trump sworn in, even if Biden or whatever Democrat is the nominee wins all fifty states.

Just like they did in 2020, right?

They probably would have if January 6 hadn't happened.

Posting NYE in here is playing on easy mode.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2246 on: November 19, 2022, 07:58:17 PM »

Because the whole idea of an "election denier" was a Democratic boogeyman from the start.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2247 on: November 20, 2022, 07:30:59 PM »

This is false. The people who want to kill trans people are not real Christians. They may claim to be, but unless they follow the teachings of Christ they're just Christians In Name Only and most of the people calling for stuff like this are either teenagers who are trying to be edgy or alt-right types who are too full of hate to be authentic Christians and in some cases don't identify as Christians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2248 on: November 20, 2022, 09:31:32 PM »

This is false. The people who want to kill trans people are not real Christians. They may claim to be, but unless they follow the teachings of Christ they're just Christians In Name Only and most of the people calling for stuff like this are either teenagers who are trying to be edgy or alt-right types who are too full of hate to be authentic Christians and in some cases don't identify as Christians.

Anyone who supports violence of any kind (arguably even self defense) clearly has no respect for the New Testament. I absolutely would say anyone calling for the murder or death of anybody to be a fake Christian.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2249 on: November 22, 2022, 02:55:33 AM »

Anyone who supports violence of any kind (arguably even self defense) clearly has no respect for the New Testament. I absolutely would say anyone calling for the murder or death of anybody to be a fake Christian.

So you do you understand why Christians oppose abortion? And why some of them are inclined to vote for people who pledge to lessen it?
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies