The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:49:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (search mode)
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168377 times)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 22, 2020, 05:23:17 PM »

If OC says SC is more vulnerable than TX, it is fact.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 09:22:56 PM »

No, I don't, because "IDK" is not a sufficient response. If you truly think about things before you say them, you'd have come up with a better answer.

I meant to as an answer to your question of "Then why can't you answer the question?"
Fine. Then answer the question I asked earlier: what is it about my signature that is racist?

black

I don't even know what he means by that.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 07:16:23 PM »

Leahy needs to go and  let Zuckerman become next Senator, he is well past his prime

Supporting anti-vaxxers gets a yikes from me
To be fair, anything from OC gets a yikes from you, just as taking things OC says at face value gets a yikes from me.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 08:51:03 AM »

Authoritarian is good, if libertarians had their way people would be running amok and there'd be mass riots and violence, due to there being no rules.
sh**t, maybe I'm a libertarian after all, because that sounds like a good time.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 07:15:34 PM »

All of the people who said yes are why we can never have good things.

The question was "do you own a gun?"

Because not wanting widespread mass shootings is absurd and ignorant. Please don't keep peddling these untrue NRA talking points.
How does my dad's revolver contribute to mass shootings?
AGAB.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 06:13:13 PM »

Safe R now that we have the first GCB poll out: R+12. The Republican will win by double digits.

He's talking about NC-SEN 2022
I mean, while I won't stick a fork in General Eric until around September (EDIT: September of 2022), he's not completely wrong. It's a red state in a Biden midterm, and the second-most likely Republican nominee, Dan Bishop, has a uniting message (that is to say, he hates trans people). He'll walk.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2020, 02:17:49 PM »

I don't like men either (and I'm going to admit, even now, when I'm no longer a straight guy, I still have trouble seeing the appeal), but I have but one thing to add to this conversation:
Your loss.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2020, 02:39:23 PM »

Obviously gay men or transexuals feel differently, and that's perfectly fine.
Not sure what "transexuals" have to do with the price of tea in China--If you were simply referring to straight women (well, women who are attracted to men) at-large, I'd understand, but not every trans woman likes men (vice-versa is also true, but not relevant). Like it says in my sig...
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2021, 02:17:06 PM »

Apparently people think if currently incarcerated people are allowed to vote, they can legalize murder/rape/violent crime (somehow, details not important)! All part of the evil liberal conspiracy! Mwahhahahahahahha!

Imagine if half+1 of the country was incarcerated and they voted as a bloc.  You really think they couldn't make changes to society that were negative for the rest of us?

Then don't incarcerate half+1 of the country. Problem solved.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2021, 01:51:00 PM »

You keep saying "mutilating children", but I never see anyone actually argue that children should be "mutilated".
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 12:18:46 PM »

Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2022, 07:43:56 PM »

FF (GOP). The difference between these truckers and the BLM protestors is that these truckers are opposing government tyranny (mandates) while the BLM protestors were protesting a myth (systematic racism). Exception being that it's still bad to stop police/firefighters etc of course, but I don't think these truckers are doing that.
Honestly, that's not even the worst of it. The fact that he argues that the government forcibly outing LGBT youth is somehow not tyrannical because he agrees with it...
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2022, 07:11:22 PM »

That wouldn't be inclusive to trans men or AFAB non-binary people.
Ladies, give it a rest! You're both absurd and ignorant! Trannies are people, but there's really no reason to argue over the terminology at a time like this.
Spoiler alert: CW: Nerd sh**t

Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2022, 07:02:01 PM »

Did not expect Portnoy of all people to say this, but hey.

Tbh he's just paranoid about accidentally impregnating a girl and having to pay child support.

But hey, if this kind of thing gets people on our side - I won't complain.

That's pretty much the only reason "pro-choice" men exist, whether they admit it or not.

To be fair, anyone who's so terminally entrenched on one side of a debate can only think of the worst possible rationalizations for why others disagree. Take myself, for instance. I believe there are only two reasons that there are "cisgender" people (in quotation marks because one of them is, by definition, not cisgender) whose every waking thought is not "kill tranny". They either haven't figured out they're trans yet ("eggs"), or they're just trying to be polite.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2022, 10:13:42 PM »

Okay, yeah. I get what you mean. I probably shouldn't have elaborated with my own experiences as someone who is so convinced of my own internalized transphobia that it seems just plain old impossible for anyone to not be transphobic. I can cut back all that sh**t and just leave the point I was trying to make, but evidently you all think I'm crazy, so...
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2022, 11:11:29 PM »

On one hand, I get what you mean, but on the other, I don't know, there are an awful lot of people who spend an awful lot of time dunking on trannies.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2022, 11:45:04 AM »

Went back to the original thread where the original child abuse policy was announced. Here's a list of posters who deflected this and turned the thread into a debate about puberty blockers, minimized the obvious cruelty and stupidity behind this policy, or outright showed support behind it and agreed with its sentiment.

John Dule
TheTarHeelGent
Mr. Reactionary
Conservatopia
Sprouts
ShadowOfTheWave
realisticidealist
Christian Man
DaleCooper
Xeuma
Okthisisnotepic.
heatcharger
Abdullah
Grassroots
PiT
Averroës Nix
BabyAlligator
DelTachi
Russian Bear
Farmlands
RFayette
Shua
TheReckoning
BG-NY
DeadPrez
Horus

every single one of you.

To the likes of John Dule and DaleCooper, you aren't smarter or better than other people by trying to turn everything into a game to where if you show any kind of emotion you lose. There are real lives that are being impacted because politics is not a ing middle school debate team competition.

To the conservatives, the policies you support are evil. You are all aware of this deep down but refuse to admit it to yourselves. You will happily waive away the continued suffering of others caused by the politicians you support because you are so selfish and depraved that you can not possibly show any ounce of compassion or sympathy towards other human beings. You will cling onto your twisted and morally bankrupted understanding of Christianity that in your mind somehow justifies the continued abuse of anyone who isn't like you.

You should all use this as a serious wake up call to reevaluate the type of person you want to be in the world. I say that knowing that none of you will because you are all either spineless cowards at best or actively genocidal at worst.  all of you.

Okay, I'll bite. What's absurd or ignorant about his post?
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2022, 07:23:53 PM »

Why can't the right just mind their own business when it comes to peoples' bodies?

And don't try even try and conflate vaccines to this!

Okay, I'll bite. What's absurd and/or ignorant about this? I posted the bill in the thread, and if you read it, you'd notice that banning gender-affirming care for minors is not all it does--it bans private insurances from covering gender-affirming care for adults and bans trans information of med students (and variations thereupon). I get that you support that sh**t, but surely you aren't so far gone that you can't understand why someone else would think that's a little extreme.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2022, 08:33:14 AM »

Genocide is bad, actually, even if you think the trannies deserve it.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2022, 07:10:46 PM »

Well I will say it was highly misleading for Ferguson to make his little, uh, edit to NC Conservative's post.
DabbingSanta was the one who made the edit. Ferguson posted it unedited.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2022, 06:21:56 PM »

Don't gloat. Pennsylvania now has an invalid as a Senator. Not something to be proud of. Not something to celebrate.
Hey, Pat Toomey isn't an invalid! Even worse, he's a Republican!
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2022, 11:31:57 AM »

If Biden loses he’ll probably run again in 2028 which will basically mean he's guaranteed to be the nominee in 2028.
Low bar. Medal is obsessed with this idea that Brandon has any interest in being President on January 21, 2029, and even if he did, that the entire party would simply roll over and let the 86-year-old proven loser have the nomination.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2023, 06:47:34 PM »

Transgendered people don’t a constitute a nation or an ethnic group so the term is literal nonsense.

You just keep adamantly ignoring the definition of this word, even when you reference the definition itself. It's disturbing how easily doublethink comes to you.
Yeah, while I'm pretty scared of what Republicans are doing and what that could mean in the future (i.e. basically how Nazi Germany treated gays--sorry, libs, everybody who doesn't like that I started hormones when I was 17 is Hitler), it's not technically a genocide until they start attacking cishet people of a certain ethnic group as well. But if you have to preface your sh**tty laws with "this isn't technically genocide", is the juice of owning the trannies and/or the libs really worth the squeeze?
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2023, 08:22:03 AM »

That's not true. I used to think racism is a horrible evil. But after last few years of "in your face" diversity (such as black woman playing Kleopatra) I don't care anymore. Whenever I see now somebody who's black in the movie or major position of power (politics, corporations etc.) my first thought is he's/she's there because of an affirmative action not because they're actually the best person to do the job.
I said this about people who liked the old Quantum Leap but think the new one is too "woke" as a joke.
Quote from: Peebs, the not-too-distant past
I agreed with Dr. Sam Beckett when he said that Black Lives Mattered, but Dr. Ben Song is openly Korean and Ian Wright wants me to call them "they", so now I want to #BoycottProgressivesNBCSnowflakesAndWokes.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2023, 12:07:41 PM »

Look, I understand the source of this post but it deserves to be preserved for how insane it is:

George W. Bush, George H. W. Bush, John McCain, Mitt Romney...they are all Democrats and liberals.
George W. Bush is a Democrat and liberal. If he wasn't, he would've personally executed Petra Akwai instead of telling her "Now you're you."
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies