The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:20:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 171608 times)
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2200 on: October 23, 2022, 10:07:48 PM »

This is the stupidest thread on this site. Just delete the whole thing.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2201 on: October 23, 2022, 10:11:26 PM »

"Bomb, bomb, bomb Iran..."

The older I get, the more neocon I get.

I don't think this is a coincidence.

After all, there's only so long you can watch the same cycle of an evil regime harshly oppressing its people, the people try in vain to rise up, only to be brutally crushed so things just get even worse, before you start to wonder if maybe we should intervene and indeed might even have a duty to intervene as the most powerful country in the world. I know if the US ever went full Handmaid's Tale, I'd want Canada and the UK to bomb, bomb, bomb the US!

This is for bad posts, not based posts.

I don't mind it. When the children grow up, they'll realize that they are lucky to live in a country with basic freedoms, for all its faults, and that their reflexive opposition to any interventions it makes was stupid and wrong, just as reflexive support for anything the US does is also stupid and wrong. I was once like them, after all. And I hope that scares the s--t out of them lol!
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2202 on: October 23, 2022, 10:17:39 PM »

Where's the lie?

Thank God for the Arsenal of Democracy! And if you actually listen to Eisenhower's full speech where he coined that term, you would know he was by no means advocating for its destruction. He outright endorsed it, just said there needs to be balance. Perfectly reasonable and I agree completely as a liberal interventionist. Ultimately, he wanted it to be so that "security and liberty may prosper together." Can't have that if we cut our defense spending drastically and pull back from the rest of the world as you advocated for.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2203 on: October 27, 2022, 01:21:49 PM »

Just yet another reason the 19th amendment was a mistake, if they want the vote, they should have their husband or father decide for them.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2204 on: October 27, 2022, 06:51:40 PM »

All of the good songs in terms of melody are designated as for women. If you're a man and you listen to music for the melody, then you're out of luck. You have the choice between Bland uncatchy classic rock with 5-10 minute monotonous and droning guitar solos. Bland and uncatchy country that scream "I'm stupid and proud of it", Boring christian music, or rap which is just someone talking.

Bold part is the worst, although the rest is pretty asinine. Where's the Midwest Emo or melodic hardcore?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2205 on: October 29, 2022, 06:18:20 PM »

Isn't that kind of the point? An easy-access compilation of stupid posts?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2206 on: October 29, 2022, 06:36:07 PM »

After all, there's only so long you can watch the same cycle of an evil regime harshly oppressing its people, the people try in vain to rise up, only to be brutally crushed so things just get even worse, before you start to wonder if maybe we should intervene and indeed might even have a duty to intervene as the most powerful country in the world. I know if the US ever went full Handmaid's Tale, I'd want Canada and the UK to bomb, bomb, bomb the US!

And do what, kill those women?

[takes swig of Miller Lite and burps] yeah, they're soiled by slave morality taught by their pedophile con artist prophet, don't like it when i put the moves on them, and probably think al franken is guilty

This is part of an aggravating, baseless, insulting, and unintelligible knack of Disco's - when somebody (usually, as is the case here, Alben, but sometimes it's somebody else), writes a post Disco doesn't like or disagrees with or whatever, they blame it on "toxic masculinity" - baselessly and insultingly - and accuse the poster in question, more or less, of being a massive chauvinist and sexist. It's disgusting, it's old, it's predictable, it's offensive (and oftentimes, it's Disco who's being sexist - such as describing TikTok as just something "teenage girls" like, as if plenty of males don't use it as well).
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2207 on: October 29, 2022, 06:40:42 PM »

It's not too often I agree with Ferguson on transgender issues...but wow. NC Conservative says he wants trans people banned (which, I mean, he wants to eradicate and end all trans people - so isn't that by definition, literally advocacy of genocide), and when Ferguson (very rightly) calls him out on what it is - genocide advocacy, because yes, that's exactly what saying you want to "ban" a group of people is - Shua chimes in...apparently it's "hyperbole" to call advocacy for "banning" a group of people advocacy of genocide - what NC Conservative said isn't enough, and according to Shua, it's Ferguson who deserves moderation, not NC Conservative.

I'm hardly a liberal on transgender issues - but it seems I'm firmly in between left and right, since the left moves ridiculously into a left, woke, direction, while at the same time, the right moves to open hate and hostility - to the point of advocating a total genocide of trans people (and we know how insane NC Conservative is, so if it was just him, and other blue avatars and conservatives criticized his comments, I wouldn't characterise what he said as the broader right-wing position: but the only right-sign commentary I've see on this is Shua trying to blame FERGUSON and denying NC Conservative advocated genocide when he literally did). This is an evident example of the latter.

Click the original NC Conservative post please
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2208 on: October 29, 2022, 06:43:47 PM »

It's not too often I agree with Ferguson on transgender issues...but wow. NC Conservative says he wants trans people banned (which, I mean, he wants to eradicate and end all trans people - so isn't that by definition, literally advocacy of genocide), and when Ferguson (very rightly) calls him out on what it is - genocide advocacy, because yes, that's exactly what saying you want to "ban" a group of people is - Shua chimes in...apparently it's "hyperbole" to call advocacy for "banning" a group of people advocacy of genocide - what NC Conservative said isn't enough, and according to Shua, it's Ferguson who deserves moderation, not NC Conservative.

I'm hardly a liberal on transgender issues - but it seems I'm firmly in between left and right, since the left moves ridiculously into a left, woke, direction, while at the same time, the right moves to open hate and hostility - to the point of advocating a total genocide of trans people (and we know how insane NC Conservative is, so if it was just him, and other blue avatars and conservatives criticized his comments, I wouldn't characterise what he said as the broader right-wing position: but the only right-sign commentary I've see on this is Shua trying to blame FERGUSON and denying NC Conservative advocated genocide when he literally did). This is an evident example of the latter.

Click the original NC Conservative post please

Well I will say it was highly misleading for Ferguson to make his little, uh, edit to NC Conservative's post. It's not as if not wanting to allow transgenders to be preschool teachers is *good*, but there's a stark difference between that and wanting to just eliminate trans people entirely (the latter is something wholly, totally, completely unacceptable, and something only genocidal, maniacal, utterly hateful people wouldn't condemn).

I will point out, though, that D.S. apparently agreed with NC Conservative's doctored post, where he allegedly expressed support for "banning" transgender people. So it's not as if *some* don't espouse these beliefs. Though we already knew he was a Massive, Massive HP.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2209 on: October 29, 2022, 06:47:59 PM »

Regardless of what DS "actually meant" with those words, to me it's pretty clear that it's a bigoted comment and should be sanctioned just like any similar post would be.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2210 on: October 29, 2022, 07:10:46 PM »

Well I will say it was highly misleading for Ferguson to make his little, uh, edit to NC Conservative's post.
DabbingSanta was the one who made the edit. Ferguson posted it unedited.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2211 on: October 29, 2022, 07:59:21 PM »

Regardless of what DS "actually meant" with those words, to me it's pretty clear that it's a bigoted comment and should be sanctioned just like any similar post would be.

But you're fine with Ferguson97 'so unhinged attack on me and using my family to do it.   (Not to mention giving utterly false information about it.)  That says a lot about you.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2212 on: October 29, 2022, 08:46:34 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2022, 08:53:46 PM by Ferguson97 »

Well I will say it was highly misleading for Ferguson to make his little, uh, edit to NC Conservative's post. It's not as if not wanting to allow transgenders to be preschool teachers is *good*, but there's a stark difference between that and wanting to just eliminate trans people entirely (the latter is something wholly, totally, completely unacceptable, and something only genocidal, maniacal, utterly hateful people wouldn't condemn).

I will point out, though, that D.S. apparently agreed with NC Conservative's doctored post, where he allegedly expressed support for "banning" transgender people. So it's not as if *some* don't espouse these beliefs. Though we already knew he was a Massive, Massive HP.

Just so there is no misunderstanding, I did not make the "edit" to NC Conservative's post. That was DabbingSanta.

I asked NC point-blank "Do you think that trans people should be banned from being preschool teachers?" and he replied "Yes."

I submitted his reply "Yes" to this thread because I believed it to be ignorant/absurd.

DabbingSants then replied to ME with the ChadYes meme and HE crossed out the "from being preschool teachers" when he quoted my post, because he wanted it to be known that he, Dabbing Santa, wants to ban trans people from existing.

At no point did I edit NC's post or take it out of context. That was all DabbingSanta.

NC's views are horrific enough that it's not necessary for me to mislead people about them.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2213 on: October 29, 2022, 09:09:10 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2022, 09:38:31 PM by The Dowager Mod »

But you're fine with Ferguson97 'so unhinged attack on me and using my family to do it.   (Not to mention giving utterly false information about it.)  That says a lot about you.

Obviously,  you can't apply standards of conduct equally.   We'll ride with that.  I guarantee, however, that you'd be not coping and coming unhinged,  demanding permabans if you were attacked in the same manner. To be specific,  you being OK with a poster personally attacking me with an unusual degree of viciousness AND misstatements a situation about my immediate family shows that you are devoid of basic fairness.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2214 on: October 30, 2022, 03:38:34 AM »

As I said before for Rs really think they are gonna crack the 303 blue wall which they haven't cracked since 2016 No, I don't think so, Barnes, Fetterman, and Whitmer arent losing it's a 51 D S but Rs aren't assured 49 due to GA, OH, NC and UT being outstanding even Fox News has Ds power Rankings at 49 with PA and GA or WI, but Evers is gonna beat Michels and so will Shapiro win no matter what
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2215 on: October 30, 2022, 02:25:48 PM »

Well I will say it was highly misleading for Ferguson to make his little, uh, edit to NC Conservative's post.
DabbingSanta was the one who made the edit. Ferguson posted it unedited.

Oh God. Well, DS really is a completely loser, hateful POS who, in an ordinary world, would be permabanned. And it's not as if NC Conservative isn't a bigot, either (I recall his infamous exchange with you - that's why I had something of a 'confirmation bias' and why it was very easy for me to believe he'd say something like he supports "banning" transgenders).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2216 on: October 30, 2022, 02:26:16 PM »

I absolutely agree.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2217 on: October 30, 2022, 02:28:07 PM »

Just so there is no misunderstanding, I did not make the "edit" to NC Conservative's post. That was DabbingSanta.

I asked NC point-blank "Do you think that trans people should be banned from being preschool teachers?" and he replied "Yes."

I submitted his reply "Yes" to this thread because I believed it to be ignorant/absurd.

DabbingSants then replied to ME with the ChadYes meme and HE crossed out the "from being preschool teachers" when he quoted my post, because he wanted it to be known that he, Dabbing Santa, wants to ban trans people from existing.

At no point did I edit NC's post or take it out of context. That was all DabbingSanta.

NC's views are horrific enough that it's not necessary for me to mislead people about them.

Okay, you're right...and I think DabbingSanta - a real bigoted, hateful SOB who should get help - should face mod action for this (a temp ban?). It's one thing to express legitimate opinions about woke transgenderism or to say you disagree with sex reassignment surgery for minors or whatever - and another entirely to literally advocate "banning" an entire group of people. The latter is genocide advocacy, and I don't know how any good person could ever defend or condone it, let alone advocate it (as DS did).
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2218 on: October 30, 2022, 08:01:42 PM »

[takes swig of Miller Lite and burps] yeah, they're soiled by slave morality taught by their pedophile con artist prophet, don't like it when i put the moves on them, and probably think al franken is guilty

This is part of an aggravating, baseless, insulting, and unintelligible knack of Disco's - when somebody (usually, as is the case here, Alben, but sometimes it's somebody else), writes a post Disco doesn't like or disagrees with or whatever, they blame it on "toxic masculinity" - baselessly and insultingly - and accuse the poster in question, more or less, of being a massive chauvinist and sexist. It's disgusting, it's old, it's predictable, it's offensive (and oftentimes, it's Disco who's being sexist - such as describing TikTok as just something "teenage girls" like, as if plenty of males don't use it as well).
Pretty sure she's s**tposting rather than actually believing what she says. Also Disco's a she.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2219 on: October 30, 2022, 08:28:38 PM »

Pretty sure she's s**tposting rather than actually believing what she says. Also Disco's a she.
First sentence: She's done this in multiple threads though. sh**tposting or not, it's offensive, it's uncreative, etcetera etcetera. And some of what she's writing - call it "sh**tposting" or whatever you will - is blatant sexism, such as calling TikTok something that "teenage girls like" (for those who've actually seen TikTok, plenty of it is by adults, and plenty of it is by males).
Second sentence: Well when I last checked the profile, apparently Disco was "nonbinary." It's always safe in these cases to just uses "they/them" pronouns when you're unsure or if posters keep changing the gender they identify as. It also offends nobody (save for total haymakers and snowflakes like Klobmentum).
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2220 on: November 03, 2022, 12:39:24 PM »
« Edited: November 03, 2022, 12:48:24 PM by Ferguson97 »

Did you check his voter ID card, Fergie?  Was he wearing a MAGA hat?  But, meh, Trump supporters.
A bunch of They/Them Antifa members named Xir firebombed a business for hosting a drag show. Sounds accurate
This but unironically.

it's sad how people can get so confused by gender ideology

and remember, it's the confusion that's the goal
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #2221 on: November 03, 2022, 07:17:49 PM »

When Wisconsin gets back on the right track with lower taxes, better schools, uniform election laws and safer communities thanks to the Michels Administration, voters will reward the Republicans at the ballot box. 

Oh phew, I'm sure that's exactly what he meant. What a load off my mind.

Well, this is actually exactly what Michels' campaign spokesperson said when asked about the comment.

A five-second clip posted to Twitter by a liberal activist group is what got this story started (I thought you said Twitter wasn't news, JD?)  In more complete remarks, Michels spoke for about two minutes but offered little context for what he meant about elections.  Most of his comments focused on campaigning in the Democratic stronghold of Milwaukee and trying to win the votes of union workers.  If Republicans improve with those two groups, then Wisconsin *would* become a permamently Republican state.  His statement is rhetorical.   

So we're just ignoring this bit, huh?

Michels is seeking to unseat Gov. Tony Evers (D), who over his four years vetoed a string of Republican-backed bills that would have changed voting rules in a battleground state that Donald Trump narrowly won in 2016 and narrowly lost in 2020.

Michels has promised to sign similar legislation and has said he would restructure the state’s bipartisan elections commission.

Wisconsin has one of the unfairest election regiemes in the country.  The state's 2020 election was administered contrary to state laws duly passed by the Legislature.  Evers and the state's election commission sought to extend these unfair systems into 2021 and 2022, but are being rebuffed by courts.

Elections being under the purview of a nominally bipartisan commission is not some universal practice.  In most states, the election commission is a division within the Secretary of State's office (i.e., a non-regulatory body with direct accountability to the public.)  As it was in Wisconsin before 2015.  Returning to such is not an earth-shattering idea.   

How can you argue the state's government is rigged against Republicans when dems have to clear 65% of the vote to win the state legislature.

Bringing this up is such a lame cop-out.  Firstly, any neutral map of Wisconsin advantages Republicans because of how concentrated the Democrats' votes are in Milwaukee/Madison.  Secondly, if gerrymandering was as objectionable as Red Atlas makes it out to be then there would be no shortage of candidates (even non-partisan or independent ones!) running and being elected on a platform of redistricting reform.  They aren't because this is genuinely a non-issue for voters.  If you think they're wrong, you're free to campaign to change their minds.  This is a feature, not a bug.

Even this premise I kind of reject. Nobody forced Democrats to write off the rural vote.

Democrats: Hi would you like some healthcare

Rural voters: DEMOCRATS ARE SEX TRAFFICKIG SATANISTS WHO DRINK THE BLOOD OF WHITE BABIES

Media: Why are the Democrats ignoring rural Americans?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2222 on: November 04, 2022, 03:17:52 AM »

This narrative that Hillary was a weak candidate/campaigner needs to stop. It wasn’t her fault she lost, it was the Democratic base’s. If they couldn’t be bothered to Pokémon Go To The Polls, that was their problem.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #2223 on: November 05, 2022, 05:04:29 PM »

This narrative that Hillary was a weak candidate/campaigner needs to stop. It wasn’t her fault she lost, it was the Democratic base’s. If they couldn’t be bothered to Pokémon Go To The Polls, that was their problem.
This is the best example I've ever seen of Dems thinking they are automatically owed votes.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2224 on: November 08, 2022, 10:33:48 PM »

If I’m wrong I’m not reading about how she talked about his ancestors, just that he should be deported

Still bad, but just a different kind of bad

I added the bit about his ancestors because it is utterly absurd and extremely offensive to suggest that a man whose family was brought here against their will in chains should be forcibly shipped back to Africa now that he's finally found great success as a Senator. It is so disgusting it makes me almost physically ill, to think that Warnock could come so far compared to where his family came from and still have people basically telling him he doesn't "belong" and should go "back to Africa," when it wasn't even his family's choice to leave in the first place!

In effect, he was dragged here, then he rose against all odds and succeeded greatly under our great American democratic system anyway. NOW you want to tell me he should be deported? To where? A country that didn't even exist at the time his family was forcibly removed and shipped across the Atlantic?

Nikki Haley is a sick, sick degenerate. A repulsive excuse for a "person." No actual human being with a soul would make such a claim. I had thought slightly better of her than most of the GOP before today; no longer!
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies