Why are most election deniers conceding this year?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:30:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why are most election deniers conceding this year?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are most election deniers conceding this year?  (Read 631 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 19, 2022, 07:08:51 AM »

Even Doug Mastriano (eventually) did!

It's basically just Kari Lake who hasn't.

This honestly makes Trump look even worse somehow.
Zenobiyl
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2022, 09:11:34 AM »

Even Doug Mastriano (eventually) did!

It's basically just Kari Lake who hasn't.

This honestly makes Trump look even worse somehow.
It's harder to claim you were cheated out of the win when you lose in a blowout, as most election deniers did.

Lake came close, so that’s likely why she’s not conceding.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 09:24:39 AM »

Because the whole idea of an "election denier" was a Democratic boogeyman from the start.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2022, 09:35:07 AM »

Because the whole idea of an "election denier" was a Democratic boogeyman from the start.
Did Trump try to overturn the results or did he not?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2022, 09:39:43 AM »

Because they saw it didn’t work last time and there’s far less appetite for people to try and overthrow the government over the congressional race in CA-08 than there is for the President of the United States.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2022, 09:42:05 AM »

Get out of here with that trash.

So I guess you believe Trump actually won in 2020? If so, what's the basis of that belief, and I demand you show your proof.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2022, 03:07:59 PM »

Get out of here with that trash.

So I guess you believe Trump actually won in 2020? If so, what's the basis of that belief, and I demand you show your proof.

Beet's always been a troll, best not to engage
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2022, 03:39:09 PM »

My own theory is that Trump's supremely narcissistic cult of personality was necessary to actually convince millions the election was stolen and have them do something like storm the Capitol for him. Guys like Mastriano are ultimately so weak, so in need of being told what to do by an authoritarian figure, that they'd rather fight for Trump than for themselves!
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2022, 06:32:45 PM »

Well there’s no mechanism for these losers to try to seize power under color of law. Unlike the presidential election, there’s no state level equivalent of the archaic intricacies of the electoral college.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2022, 06:37:08 PM »

Few people are actually capable of demeaning themselves as much as Trump is. It takes a special kind of degeneracy to behave the way that Trump does, and few people have it. 
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2022, 06:44:06 PM »

Well there’s no mechanism for these losers to try to seize power under color of law. Unlike the presidential election, there’s no state level equivalent of the archaic intricacies of the electoral college.

They also have no military to potentially call on to back them up once they certify a false result. It would just be an embarrassing tantrum at best, a call for riots at worst, and neither would have a chance of success.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2022, 06:58:45 PM »

They think they lost because they didn't accept that they lost.

Which is silly, they lost because the unemployment rate is only 3.5%, and couldn't find a local problem to counter that.

You don't lose games by being a bad loser, you lose because you are bad at the game.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2022, 07:54:01 PM »

My own theory is that Trump's supremely narcissistic cult of personality was necessary to actually convince millions the election was stolen and have them do something like storm the Capitol for him. Guys like Mastriano are ultimately so weak, so in need of being told what to do by an authoritarian figure, that they'd rather fight for Trump than for themselves!
If you need proof, Kari Lake tried her own "stop the steal" rally outside of the Arizona Capitol and got fewer than 20 people to show up.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2022, 07:58:00 PM »

If you need proof, Kari Lake tried her own "stop the steal" rally outside of the Arizona Capitol and got fewer than 20 people to show up.

Now, if Trump himself decided to go to Phoenix and hold a rally for Lake, it might result in a different outcome. However, he's too narcissistic to do such a thing for anyone but himself, even someone like Lake who completely debased and humiliated herself for him.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2022, 07:05:10 PM »

Cultists aren’t narcissists the way cult leaders are.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2022, 07:09:20 PM »

I'm wondering if it finally set in that election denial is a bad political tactic and that they'd be doing the party more harm than good by continuing to deny in the form of their own elections. It's not like they can do anything like all the various ways Trump, as President, tried to subvert the 2020 election. For them it really is all bluster with little to no consequence.

Now, obviously the situation would be different had they all won their respective offices, but fortunately Americans actually give a s*** about the future of our republic. And I'm still kind of astonished that they do.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2022, 07:22:38 PM »

Congressional results are detached enough from Trump's personality cult for them to be somewhat reasonable about it. If Trump loses the general in 2024 it will be the same thing again, maybe worse.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies