The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:31:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (search mode)
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168330 times)
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« on: July 09, 2020, 08:27:35 AM »

Who cares?

When was the last time you cited death tolls for any other illness?
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 05:57:58 AM »

In normal times I would not even suggest this.  But right now, I believe the Congress and the President ought to send the following message:

"Not a dime until the rioters stand down in every city!"

Not a dime!

If people were convinced that the Congress was serious, just watch.  Jenny Durkan would push the city council to reverse the ban on less lethal measures (rubber bullets, chemical agents) used to quell riots.  Lori Lightfoot would volunntarily quarter soldiers at her house.  No one would want to be responsible for that.  So, yes, it's time to squeeze those who are enabling the violence.  Make aid contingent on a state's leaders doing what is necessary to quell all of the violence.

Not a dime!

No Peace!  No Benefits!
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 10:02:04 AM »

I don't see why that's so far-fetched? If they wanted them back home, they wouldn't have sent them on a trek to another country in the first place, possibly paying somebody to transport them. They might think they are doing the kids a favor by sending them to another country, depending on their home circumstances, and if they come home, the whole effort was wasted.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 11:11:51 AM »

I generally agree with this.  The issue with BLM and Antifa is that NONE of its leaders ever stepped up and said, "Wait, wait, this isn't what we're about!"  Had THAT happened, I would view BLM and Antifa somewhat differently.  Trump Supporters are not violent supporters of insurrection, and Donald Trump did not at any time plan, direct, and/or condone the violence of a group of his supporters.  (These folks were already at the Capitol when Trump spoke and were a mile and a half away from him.)  know that people are vested in that narrative, but it wouldn't last five (5) minutes in an honest Court. 

For the record, I don't approve of the way Trump handled the situation of the election, but he had every right to contest results.  He had every right to legally challenge them.  The Senators that sought to challenge the EV on January 6 had every right to do so; Democrats had done so in past years (though, perhaps, with less drama) and that is how our system work.  To those who bemoan what Trump did to "our Democracy", recent events ought to have educated Americans to the fact that we are not a "Democracy"; we are a REPUBLIC, and I have a new and profound appreciation for the difference.

When did Patrice Cullors or Alicia Garza state something like, "No, people, this is NOT what we're about!".  To my knowledge, never; if they did, the MSM would have long ago made this point and there would be no argument.  Antifa are agitators by nature; they exist to bring violence, but at one time I was willing to give BLM some props had their leaders repudiated the violence in their ranks.  But that didn't happen, and BLM's supporters in Congress and in public life responded to their violence with a combination of lying and gaslighting.  So, yes, the entire BLM organization owns this.  No one in Trump's circle, including Trump, called for the riot or condoned it at any time.  BLM and Antifa, from top to bottom, cannot say the same.

As to BLM, I would also ask when any of the prominent jocks and entertainment personalities that embraced BLM step up to condone the violence (instead of lying and saying that the protests were "mostly peaceful")?  The reaction of BLM, top to bottom, was denial of the violence, then justification of the violence.  Vandalism and destruction of property were described as not violence because buildings could be replaced.  I'm sure some BLM folks found that a bit much, personally, but ranks were closed.

But, yes, I do appreciate your post.  You're more honest and consistent on this issue than 99% of the people here that I would normally not agree with, politically.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 10:39:42 AM »

Anyone else have suspicions that someone from rose twitter and the online left put putin up to this so gas prices could rise so high to try to get people to stop using fossil fuels immediately?

We can not switch to renewable energy entirely over night you dumb bastards!
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2022, 10:17:31 AM »

Democrats hate every straight white male---straight white people in general since white women are not off the hook, either.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2022, 08:55:58 AM »

Every single one of bronz's posts from the Buffalo shooting thread belongs here.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2022, 09:59:49 PM »

In my home county, a new kid was late to class.  The teacher noticed the kids's lack of the proper pass and, even though he was new, he was sent to in-school detention.  There, he was with a male teacher and another kid that obviously had "issues".  The other kid stared staring at the kid and began to play the "Who are you lookin' at?" game.  The kid was new, unfamiliar, and was in a position where nothing he said (or not saying anything) would decrease the tension.  After a few cases of "Who are you looking at?" and stuff like that, the other kid attacked the kid, pummeling him in the head.  The teacher did nothing to break up to fight.  The kid was taken to the hospital and had long-standing effects from a head injury.  (I know this because the kid is the son of someone my wife knew from work; these incidents are kept secret from the public.) 

I would ask the people here which incident is more thread-worthy; an incident where a kid acts stupidly and hatefully, but no one goes to the hospital, or an incident where a kid is injured due to the criminal behavior of another kid and the teacher's inaction?

"Bias-based harm".  This kid was offensive, the costume should not have been allowed, but he didn't injure other kids.  I'm not approving of what happened at all, but that fact really does need to be noted.  What were the dynamics of in-school violent incidents in this school?  How come we don't know that?  Is there NONE?

I know that people here have a political interest in claiming that Nazism is being normalized in America, so they post this.  These same people wish to keep the actual violence in public schools a secret because publicizing it does not serve the interest of people that post these sort of things.  If the media really cared about the welfare of public high school students, they'd do serious investigative work on the real risks to the safety of public high school students.  The issues that put kids in the hospital.  The issues that leave the decent kids in public schools in real danger that they should not be in.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2023, 11:35:05 AM »

Brown vs Board of Ed looking like one of the biggest mistakes in American history
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2023, 02:25:20 PM »

Who cares at this point, that's the price of freedom. It's tough.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2023, 07:03:54 PM »

Yeah, I and other women vastly disagree on the laughable idea that women and trans women have the same ability to rape women.  What women need is penis-free spaces. No one with a penis should ever be forced to change with people who have one. If you feel more comfortable calling it the “penis-havers’” changing room/bathroom/jail vs the mens’, go ahead, but the reason segregated facilities came into existence is because men are stronger than and can rape and impregnate women, not because of nebulous ideas about “gender”. Women have a right to create penis-free spaces without having activists twist the law to prevent it. The risk of me being raped by an actual woman is approximately 0%. My goal is combatting the real problem of men assaulting and raping women, not the imaginary problem of women raping women (or raping men, lol). There’s a reason you never see trans men demanding to be put in men’s prisons.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies