The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:14:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (search mode)
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168493 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« on: September 01, 2020, 01:29:31 AM »

Alas, he is far from the only blue/yellow avatar that justifies murder in the name of law and order.

So guys, what would you do if there were a few dozen people with tiki torches and molotov cocktails out in front of your house, getting ready to burn it to the ground? Seriously, I'm curious to know how you'd go about handling that situation, given that you're so quick to criticize others for their methods of dealing with it.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 10:49:25 PM »

Leahy needs to go and  let Zuckerman become next Senator, he is well past his prime

Supporting anti-vaxxers gets a yikes from me

You are the type of person who calls 911 because he saw a car with out-of-date vehicle registration stickers in front of him on the freeway.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 05:55:28 PM »

Hate speech being covered by the first amendment is absolutely unacceptable. Authoritarian is good, if libertarians had their way people would be running amok and there'd be mass riots and violence, due to there being no rules.

You are the type of person who tries to get a cashier fired because they wouldn't accept an expired coupon.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 06:46:22 PM »

That doesn't make the post any less bad.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 04:43:18 PM »

This still doesn't explain why flyover country WWC people deserve a tax cut.

I mean of course, I would support my own interests. Quite frankly, I also never get this sympathy for these rural racists in Appalachia, I never understood why we must pander to them? Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't think I am.

So we should be subsidizing WV racists?Huh?

We get it, you hate white people and you hate poor people.

I mean honestly WV is just full of rural, racist hicks who can't tolerate Democrats because Democrats want to do something about climate change and don't play white resentment politics. The old Dixiecrats couldn't bear to see their beloved party actually decide to support minorities. Also let's be honest, if WV voted Democrat, Republicans would say the exact same thing about how awful it is.

If you want to stop subsidizing poor, stupid racists, then stop supporting the party that wants to give them free healthcare, social security, UBI, and welfare.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 06:03:06 PM »

I mean of course, I would support my own interests. Quite frankly, I also never get this sympathy for these rural racists in Appalachia, I never understood why we must pander to them? Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't think I am.

I mean honestly WV is just full of rural, racist hicks who can't tolerate Democrats because Democrats want to do something about climate change and don't play white resentment politics. The old Dixiecrats couldn't bear to see their beloved party actually decide to support minorities. Also let's be honest, if WV voted Democrat, Republicans would say the exact same thing about how awful it is.

If you want to stop subsidizing poor, stupid racists, then stop supporting the party that wants to give them free healthcare, social security, UBI, and welfare.

I see you've returned to your precious Republicans, before the election is even over.

Huh You're the one with the blue avatar.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 08:16:43 PM »

I see you've returned to your precious Republicans, before the election is even over.

The avatar's a meme look at the username

Your whole persona on this site is a meme at this point so that tells me nothing.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2020, 08:34:57 PM »

The avatar's a meme look at the username

Your whole persona on this site is a meme at this point so that tells me nothing.

And posts like this are why you're on my ignore list

Why do you put people on your ignore list if you still read every single post they write?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2020, 12:57:16 AM »

There's not a single state in the country with a racist majority, anyone who says otherwise is a partisan hack.
without, you mean.

... and that's a good thing.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2020, 03:33:25 PM »

S019 has demonstrated multiple times in the past that he has a tenuous grasp of the history of West Virginia, most notably his claim that it's "more southern" than Virginia because it's "less diverse," even though the South is "diverse" due in no small part to the importation of slave labor.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2020, 08:17:25 PM »

Can we please stop this two-page long derailment about the nature of West Virginia politics? It's getting pretty tiresome.

So long as S019 continues to post in this thread, it's still on topic.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2020, 10:24:45 PM »

If Hennepin County (or some other county I move to) ever adopts 24 hour early voting I'm totally going to go to a hardcore/emo show (in a post-Covid election) and then vote right afterwards.

I hope you go to the polls dressed like a 2005-era emo.

We have to keep Hot Topic alive somehow.

I HAVE NEVER SHOPPED AT HOT TOPIC IN MY LIFE.

Are you one of those dudes who insists that there's a difference between emo and goth even though no one else can tell them apart?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2020, 10:54:15 PM »

If Hennepin County (or some other county I move to) ever adopts 24 hour early voting I'm totally going to go to a hardcore/emo show (in a post-Covid election) and then vote right afterwards.

I hope you go to the polls dressed like a 2005-era emo.

We have to keep Hot Topic alive somehow.

I HAVE NEVER SHOPPED AT HOT TOPIC IN MY LIFE.

Are you one of those dudes who insists that there's a difference between emo and goth even though no one else can tell them apart?

Ok this is enough, stop bullying people on this forum. Quite frankly, everyone has had enough.

This was a perfectly legitimate question.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2020, 11:33:57 PM »

Wanting anyone to convert to your religion is sociopathic.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2020, 01:25:51 AM »

Directly in the thread and all that.

Conversion efforts are abusive to congregants. By sending their followers out to "spread the good word," religions do not expect to win any new adherents. They assume (correctly) that the outside world will be hostile to their attempts, and that normal people will balk at them and be rude to their members. Then, when the congregants return to the security of the cult, they feel welcomed and at home again. The familiarity of the group calms their anxiety, and they are gradually taught to hate and fear those outside of the cult through conditional exposure. The goal is not to convince anyone to join the faith; that's just icing on the cake. On the contrary, their intention is to solidify their flock's dependence upon the cult by making them feel isolated, persecuted, and victimized. It's an insidiously genius method.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2020, 01:48:25 AM »

Directly in the thread and all that.

Conversion efforts are abusive to congregants. By sending their followers out to "spread the good word," religions do not expect to win any new adherents. They assume (correctly) that the outside world will be hostile to their attempts, and that normal people will balk at them and be rude to their members. Then, when the congregants return to the security of the cult, they feel welcomed and at home again. The familiarity of the group calms their anxiety, and they are gradually taught to hate and fear those outside of the cult through conditional exposure. The goal is not to convince anyone to join the faith; that's just icing on the cake. On the contrary, their intention is to solidify their flock's dependence upon the cult by making them feel isolated, persecuted, and victimized. It's an insidiously genius method.
Twirling_Fedora.jif

I'd say you could do better than this, but on reflection that probably isn't true.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2020, 02:05:22 AM »

Christians have had centuries to articulate decent counterarguments to secular philosophies, and in that period of time their greatest accomplishment has been associating atheism with a type of unflattering headgear that stopped being relevant in 2004.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2020, 03:01:51 AM »

Christians have had centuries to articulate decent counterarguments to secular philosophies, and in that period of time their greatest accomplishment has been associating atheism with a type of unflattering headgear that stopped being relevant in 2004.
Imagine taking a sh**tpost this seriously, lmao.

Also, I’m clearly, and immensely easily verifiable, not a Christian lol.

That observation was not directed at you.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2020, 04:44:21 AM »

I think this deserves a serious answer, but I also know that you consider religion per se abusive to congregants, so maybe there's a premise problem.

Yeah, I'm probably too harsh when it comes to these things. I mean, when has the Catholic Church ever abused anyone? 🤔
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2020, 05:38:44 PM »

I think this deserves a serious answer, but I also know that you consider religion per se abusive to congregants, so maybe there's a premise problem.
I'm not sure what sort of serious answer you'd expect to a post like that. It is plainly true that many religions do grow through evangelization, so the premise that religions do not expect or intend to win converts is incorrect. The rest is the sort of anti-religious ranting that is standard for Dule, and I am grateful that he saved us the trouble by posting it directly into the thread.

I appear to have struck a nerve. Perhaps you'll think about this post the next time you ring somebody's doorbell to give them some "literature."
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2020, 09:11:17 PM »

On the contrary. The charge of atheism has become so toxic that Bernie Sanders and AOC have felt the need to explicitly deny such charges.

One in four “non religious” Americans - a category I have voraciously attacked before - say they would be less likely to vote for someone who doesn’t believe in God.* “Decent counter arguments” are widespread, not the least of which is natural law, which an atheist by definition can’t believe in.

* https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/05/29/americans-are-somewhat-more-open-to-the-idea-of-an-atheist-president/

These aren't counterarguments... one is an appeal to public opinion and the other is just not relevant. Obviously there is no such thing as natural law.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2020, 04:02:15 AM »

Dude, if you're going to fulfill a stereotype, at least own it.

I will own the stereotypes that actually apply to me (blonde white suburban libertarian from wealthy area who hates manual labor and is completely antisocial).
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2020, 11:31:45 PM »

Dude, if you're going to fulfill a stereotype, at least own it.

I will own the stereotypes that actually apply to me (blonde white suburban libertarian from wealthy area who hates manual labor and is completely antisocial).

You forgot smug, atheist, and memelord.

Also I would have imagined you with dark hair, lol.

My hair is the color of gold bullion.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2020, 03:08:10 AM »
« Edited: November 27, 2020, 03:32:01 AM by Au H2O »

On a related note, I’m really just getting sick of f—king idiots trying and failing to challenge me intellectually. You have a subzero chance of ever besting me in a battle of wits, you’re doomed before you even try, so... why even try? It’s literally just an embarrassing self-own for you, every time. Many a man has tried to outsmart me on this site and elsewhere; every single one just ended up with massive amounts of egg on their face. I cringe for them all. At a certain point you’d think people would just accept that they have absolutely no chance of successfully challenging me over anything, yet they smugly keep trying and failing anyway. I can’t say I understand why people insist on repeatedly making themselves look like total fools in front of the entire world, but by all means keep it up and I’ll just keep swatting down you down like the flies you are. I’m being benevolent, I think, by trying to warn you against your own stupidity. But you know, stupid is as stupid does I guess.

LOL, go ahead. I can certainly understand how that would sound dramatic and ridiculous to most people. But you know? As someone with a Southern accent from Kentucky, I’ve frequently throughout my life been sneeringly judged, underestimated, and ridiculed by the likes of John Dule. People who I know for a fact I am much more intelligent than, yet they act like I’m some stupid hick who’s not worth their precious time talking to. And it gets to me, frankly. Gets real deep under my skin. So insults to my intelligence, especially ignorant and blatantly absurd insults like that one which prove the person saying it is too dumb to even understand the very basics of what I am saying, are taken VERY personally. And when you cross that line, I take it as a cue to take the gloves off and f—k you up. Because I don’t abide smug, ignorant fools pretending they are smarter than me. That just ain’t something I’m gonna stand for, anywhere, ever.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2020, 09:09:00 PM »

I personally believe that Lockdown Advocates have zeroed their strategy to where these programs disproportionately affect churchgoers, small business people, and working class moms that cannot work from home.  All three of these groups trend Republican; two (2) of them always have.

Lockdowns aren't sincere attempts to contain COVID, they're a vast conspiracy to target specific Republican groups for #reasons.

Whoever introduced Fuzzy to Facebook did this forum a huge disservice. He wasn't always this unhinged.

You can't deny that what I said is true.  The way lockdowns are applied is an example of not letting a crisis go to waste.

I can deny it, and I do. You've got to pull yourself off of Facebook or you'll be posting QAnon stuff soon.

You don't care one iota for people who have lost everything during COVID-19 because they cannot open their businesses due to lockdowns that are unnecessary.  You really don't.  These people are not tycoons, but they are people who invested what they had saved in a business, never dreaming that their state governments would work overtime to put them under.

And Democrats don't care about those people because they're not part of their base, simple as that.

You lost us all at "lockdowns that are unnecessary." Come on, Fuzzy. You do realize that we're breaking new records in both deaths and cases right now, don't you? The vast majority of these cases are the result of people going to restaurants, hair salons, and other businesses; meanwhile, those of us who've stayed under quarantine have been perfectly fine.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies