Kansas Megathread: Kobach and Kelly and Orman, Oh My!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 12:43:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kansas Megathread: Kobach and Kelly and Orman, Oh My!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 37
Author Topic: Kansas Megathread: Kobach and Kelly and Orman, Oh My!  (Read 81048 times)
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: August 04, 2018, 10:35:15 AM »

Oooooh it's soon the primaries.

I don't think Kolbach will win. He seems to be hated by many inside the GOP.

He also has a pretty large following. I think he'll win, especially because Colyer and Barnett are now clashing. Barnett says he was offered a cabinet post in exchange for dropping out of the race. This definitely doesn't reflect well on Colyer.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #201 on: August 04, 2018, 11:16:27 AM »

This philosophy is exactly what is wrong with American politics today.

Yeah, some forget that Kobach may win (especially with Orman running), and still want another Paul LePage (may be - even worse)... This time - in Kansas...
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #202 on: August 04, 2018, 12:16:45 PM »

Yes i too am saddedened by whats wrong in American politics. I am saddened that the GOP has based its governing philosophy on spending 4 decades demagouging the opposition to the point that their voters are in such a constant hate filled frenzy that they keep nominating one clown candidate after another. I too am saddened by the philosophy of said political party in which an entire cottage industry has been created out of triggering and trolling the libs and when anyone tries to dish it back...the phony virtue signaling is activated by the GOP either to call for a return to the bipartisanship that never existed or to admonish the opposition in their never ending slew of right wing hypocricy.

So yes i will take great delight in the schaufraude of these clown candidates winning their nominations
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #203 on: August 04, 2018, 01:08:30 PM »

Yes i too am saddedened by whats wrong in American politics. I am saddened that the GOP has based its governing philosophy on spending 4 decades demagouging the opposition to the point that their voters are in such a constant hate filled frenzy that they keep nominating one clown candidate after another. I too am saddened by the philosophy of said political party in which an entire cottage industry has been created out of triggering and trolling the libs and when anyone tries to dish it back...the phony virtue signaling is activated by the GOP either to call for a return to the bipartisanship that never existed or to admonish the opposition in their never ending slew of right wing hypocricy.

So yes i will take great delight in the schaufraude of these clown candidates winning their nominations

The only problem being that they can win not ONLY their party nominations, but - general elections TOO. With very predictable results. One Sam Brownback and one Paul LePage is, probably, not enough for you...... You want more....
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #204 on: August 04, 2018, 01:16:50 PM »

The only problem being that they can win not ONLY their party nominations, but - general elections TOO. With very predictable results. One Sam Brownback and one Paul LePage is, probably, not enough for you...... You want more....

Its not my fault the GOP voting base is incapable of making good decisions. Thats the fault of a party apparatus that spent decades pumping racist resentment, hate filled talk radio & television, religious fundamentalism, and the denial of reailty into the brains of their voters. Id rather take a risk to get Svaty elected and wind up with Kobach elected than get a Republican elected who is basically 99.9% the same as Kobach but behaves better.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #205 on: August 04, 2018, 01:21:12 PM »

This mentality is why you people will continue to lose elections!
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #206 on: August 04, 2018, 01:45:49 PM »

I can only join your opinion. Left-wing radical idiots are no better then right-wing ones...
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #207 on: August 04, 2018, 02:01:27 PM »

What mentality? Prove that what he said was wrong.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #208 on: August 04, 2018, 02:20:20 PM »

Idiotic. "Let the worst possible Republican candidate win. They deserve it. And, in addition, it imroves (slightly) "our chances". Typical far left-wing idiocy, coupled with overconfidence and naughtiness (Kobach will have good chances to win, especially with Orman running), fully ignoring the plight of people of the whole state (Democrats, Republicans, Indies, all sort of people), who will need to survive at least 4, may be 8 years of such "governance". But for far left "ordinary people" are as unimportant as for the far right - they are simply pawns. The only thing important to them are themselves and their "vaunted ideas"....
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #209 on: August 04, 2018, 02:34:15 PM »

Idiotic. "Let the worst possible Republican candidate win. They deserve it. And, in addition, it imroves (slightly) "our chances". Typical far left-wing idiocy, coupled with overconfidence and naughtiness (Kobach will have good chances to win, especially with Orman running), fully ignoring the plight of people of the whole state (Democrats, Republicans, Indies, all sort of people), who will need to survive at least 4, may be 8 years of such "governance". But for far left "ordinary people" are as unimportant as for the far right - they are simply pawns. The only thing important to them are themselves and their "vaunted ideas"....
I mean.... you take issue with him but not the people actually voting for these idiots? I don't see any overconfidence. If the voters are so partisan and tribal that they will elect someone who is so obviously bad for the job, then yes they deserve whatever happens. Sorry. We need to stop coddling grown ass adults who put lunatics in positions of power.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #210 on: August 04, 2018, 03:00:03 PM »

I mean.... you take issue with him but not the people actually voting for these idiots? I don't see any overconfidence. If the voters are so partisan and tribal that they will elect someone who is so obviously bad for the job, then yes they deserve whatever happens. Sorry. We need to stop coddling grown ass adults who put lunatics in positions of power.

I am of very different opinion. People may be deceived by lying rhetoric, and via many other ways. Kansas people suffered enough under Brownback to revolt against him in 2016. But right now there is considerable chance (with vote split in Republican primary, and Orman running as Indie in general) of "second coming" (almost assuredly - with plurality of votes as it was in Maine) via Kobach person. The situation is dangerous for any normal person, not "ideologue". The simplest way to avoid it - beat danger as early as possible (in Republican primary). Yes, i am not fan of Colyer in any way (being much more moderate then he is), but first thing i would try to guarantee - absence of Kobach in GE. Other issues may be discussed after primary... I see no reasons, why majority, that will NOT vote for Kobach, must suffer years of his "governance".....
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #211 on: August 04, 2018, 03:16:03 PM »

The ordinary peoples of Kansas elected and re-elected Brownback. Clearly they enjoy being pawns of the Kochhead brothers and their failed economic experiments. If they choose a well known fraud like Kobach and elect him then its on them. Clearly then the problem with Kansas is the voters. Colyer and Kobach are the same in 99 out of 100 issues. Both of them will continue punishing the "ordinary voters" of Kansas.
BL53931
Rookie

« Reply #212 on: August 04, 2018, 04:28:02 PM »

It doesn't appear anyone addressed my question yet. what is the deal with Orman? Is he a centrist, what?

Isn't it incredibly dangerous for the vote against Theocratic government in KS to be split? Isn't that just opening the path for continued GOP governance?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #213 on: August 04, 2018, 06:02:15 PM »

My concern is that, should the Democratic candidate open up a large lead against Kobach or Colyer, a number of independent voters will be convinced to vote for Orman. But if the race is very close, they could cast their vote for the Democrat in order to stave off another 4 years of Sam Brownback.
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #214 on: August 04, 2018, 06:19:33 PM »

It doesn't appear anyone addressed my question yet. what is the deal with Orman? Is he a centrist, what?

Isn't it incredibly dangerous for the vote against Theocratic government in KS to be split? Isn't that just opening the path for continued GOP governance?

He's a narcissistic millionaire who's the epitome of "both sides do it." As in, he's given thousands of dollars in campaign donations to both Al Franken and Todd Akin.

Yes, it's absolutely opening the path for continued GOP governance in what would otherwise be an extremely competitive race. The only explanations for Orman's run are that he's egotistical enough not to care and/or delusional enough to think he can actually win.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #215 on: August 04, 2018, 06:32:08 PM »

1. According to the KC Star, it's rather difficult to determine exactly what Orman's positions are.

2. Yes.
BL53931
Rookie

« Reply #216 on: August 04, 2018, 08:58:10 PM »

He's a narcissistic millionaire who's the epitome of "both sides do it." As in, he's given thousands of dollars in campaign donations to both Al Franken and Todd Akin.

Yes, it's absolutely opening the path for continued GOP governance in what would otherwise be an extremely competitive race. The only explanations for Orman's run are that he's egotistical enough not to care and/or delusional enough to think he can actually win.

So this could be Maine all over again- Eliot Cutler ran as an 'Independent' twice in 2010 and 2014 and both times siphoned off vote and elected Lepage.

Dear God..
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #217 on: August 04, 2018, 09:03:58 PM »

Nah, Laura Kelly is the type of candidate, who's empathy can go a long way with females, with Sebelius help, win a Democratic gov race again in KS😁
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #218 on: August 04, 2018, 09:33:14 PM »

Wow this thread fell off the deep end fast.

As for Orman, he thinks he can provide voters with another option and do well, possibly even win (which is doubtful, but still). If he is really pushing forward in a way to be an effective, non-partisan Governor of Kansas, as he has shown to be doing, then good for him. I very much wish I could vote for him myself.

Edit: Scratch that last party: I'm legitimately kinda sad that I can't vote for him.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #219 on: August 04, 2018, 10:45:52 PM »

FWIW, I think Kelly would curb-stomp Kobach if the race was head-to-head, but I don't necessarily fault Orman for running. I think if those are the two nominees, he has a serious shot of gaining momentum and winning. I would most likely vote for him in that scenario.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #220 on: August 04, 2018, 11:52:59 PM »

The ordinary peoples of Kansas elected and re-elected Brownback. Clearly they enjoy being pawns of the Kochhead brothers and their failed economic experiments. If they choose a well known fraud like Kobach and elect him then its on them. Clearly then the problem with Kansas is the voters. Colyer and Kobach are the same in 99 out of 100 issues. Both of them will continue punishing the "ordinary voters" of Kansas.

We will never agree in our approaches (yours, for me, is openly cannibalistic), so, let's stop it.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #221 on: August 05, 2018, 12:45:36 PM »

I get that it’s annoying for moderates and Republicans who aren’t that far to the right for Democrats to be “rooting for” Kobach, but that’s hardly *the reason* Democrats lose elections. Just because something annoys you doesn’t mean it’s bad for your opponent.

Anyway, I’m pissed at Orman because he had his chance in 2014 and he blew it. Even the Democratic candidate stepped aside for him. At this point, he just wants attention, like a lot of the “centrists” who love their “Durrrr both sides are equally bad!” shtick.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #222 on: August 05, 2018, 01:10:03 PM »

I get that it’s annoying for moderates and Republicans who aren’t that far to the right for Democrats to be “rooting for” Kobach, but that’s hardly *the reason* Democrats lose elections. Just because something annoys you doesn’t mean it’s bad for your opponent.

Anyway, I’m pissed at Orman because he had his chance in 2014 and he blew it. Even the Democratic candidate stepped aside for him. At this point, he just wants attention, like a lot of the “centrists” who love their “Durrrr both sides are equally bad!” shtick.

I always remember old saying "it takes two to dance Tango". And can't agree that one side is to blame for everything, while another - completely consists only of "knights in shining armor". When i read statements of the candidates of both major party i am frequently tempted to say "plague on both your houses!"
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #223 on: August 05, 2018, 02:37:04 PM »

I always remember old saying "it takes two to dance Tango". And can't agree that one side is to blame for everything, while another - completely consists only of "knights in shining armor". When i read statements of the candidates of both major party i am frequently tempted to say "plague on both your houses!"

lmao
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #224 on: August 05, 2018, 05:52:45 PM »

At this rate Kobach can consider himself the 2024 frontrunner for the GOP's Presidential nomination.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies