Kansas Megathread: Kobach and Kelly and Orman, Oh My! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:42:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kansas Megathread: Kobach and Kelly and Orman, Oh My! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kansas Megathread: Kobach and Kelly and Orman, Oh My!  (Read 79995 times)
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« on: March 04, 2018, 10:33:55 PM »

I was at Washington Days (our Dem convention) yesterday and saw the shape of the race.

Each candidate had a table, minus the some-guys. They were giving out stickers/buttons and stuff, and Brewer was the only one selling his items. Svaty's table had the most people stopping by (maybe the delicious homemade kolaches helped out...) and there were tons of people walking around with Svaty buttons on. His supporters showed up in force, including me. Ward had the second most supporters there for sure.

During the debate, Svaty clearly won, and fans of other candidates were telling me this. His energy and rhetoric stood out, and he was very specific, especially on the healthcare question. Ward did decent, talked about his record and threw some progressive red meat. Laura Kelly just seemed absent. She was sleepy, stumbling, and didn't seem at all confident. Brewer was okay but fumbled a few questions and didn't say much. In terms of the minor candidates, Jack Bergeson (the kid) was the only one to bring up the sales tax on food and the first to talk about marijuana reform. Robert Klingberg was, well, Robert Klingberg-just said some random things about being an average guy. Arden Andersen, however, was wacko. Dude brought up autism/"growing numbers of developmental disorders" in every speech and appeared on the verge of an antivax rant. What a character...

Overall, I think Washington Days shows that the Democratic frontrunners are Svaty, Kelly, and Ward to a lesser extent. Brewer is rapidly falling behind and it wouldn't shock me if he dropped out. Kelly doesn't seem like she's in the race (Sebelius was working the room before dinner while Kelly sat at her table, even as Ward, Brewer, and Svaty worked the room), but she's got the Sebelius machine. Svaty has energy and a dynamic campaign team, but not necessarily the party establishment. Ward has a lot of progressive Dem activists, but not the money he needs. For that matter, I heard that labor won't be big on Ward because of how he took down Tom Burroughs, who has a lot of standing among Wyandotte County unions, as minority leader a few years back.

Will definitely be an interesting race moving forward!

Tremendous news....I've been saying for months is Svaty's race to win. Not that clown Orman
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 12:33:17 PM »

Noted clown Orman continues to be a clown
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 10:08:36 PM »

Praying for Kobach
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 12:16:45 PM »

This philosophy is exactly what is wrong with American politics today.

Yes i too am saddedened by whats wrong in American politics. I am saddened that the GOP has based its governing philosophy on spending 4 decades demagouging the opposition to the point that their voters are in such a constant hate filled frenzy that they keep nominating one clown candidate after another. I too am saddened by the philosophy of said political party in which an entire cottage industry has been created out of triggering and trolling the libs and when anyone tries to dish it back...the phony virtue signaling is activated by the GOP either to call for a return to the bipartisanship that never existed or to admonish the opposition in their never ending slew of right wing hypocricy.

So yes i will take great delight in the schaufraude of these clown candidates winning their nominations
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 01:16:50 PM »

This philosophy is exactly what is wrong with American politics today.

Yes i too am saddedened by whats wrong in American politics. I am saddened that the GOP has based its governing philosophy on spending 4 decades demagouging the opposition to the point that their voters are in such a constant hate filled frenzy that they keep nominating one clown candidate after another. I too am saddened by the philosophy of said political party in which an entire cottage industry has been created out of triggering and trolling the libs and when anyone tries to dish it back...the phony virtue signaling is activated by the GOP either to call for a return to the bipartisanship that never existed or to admonish the opposition in their never ending slew of right wing hypocricy.

So yes i will take great delight in the schaufraude of these clown candidates winning their nominations

The only problem being that they can win not ONLY their party nominations, but - general elections TOO. With very predictable results. One Sam Brownback and one Paul LePage is, probably, not enough for you...... You want more....

Its not my fault the GOP voting base is incapable of making good decisions. Thats the fault of a party apparatus that spent decades pumping racist resentment, hate filled talk radio & television, religious fundamentalism, and the denial of reailty into the brains of their voters. Id rather take a risk to get Svaty elected and wind up with Kobach elected than get a Republican elected who is basically 99.9% the same as Kobach but behaves better.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 03:16:03 PM »

This mentality is why you people will continue to lose elections!
What mentality? Prove that what he said was wrong.

Idiotic. "Let the worst possible Republican candidate win. They deserve it. And, in addition, it imroves (slightly) "our chances". Typical far left-wing idiocy, coupled with overconfidence and naughtiness (Kobach will have good chances to win, especially with Orman running), fully ignoring the plight of people of the whole state (Democrats, Republicans, Indies, all sort of people), who will need to survive at least 4, may be 8 years of such "governance". But for far left "ordinary people" are as unimportant as for the far right - they are simply pawns. The only thing important to them are themselves and their "vaunted ideas"....

The ordinary peoples of Kansas elected and re-elected Brownback. Clearly they enjoy being pawns of the Kochhead brothers and their failed economic experiments. If they choose a well known fraud like Kobach and elect him then its on them. Clearly then the problem with Kansas is the voters. Colyer and Kobach are the same in 99 out of 100 issues. Both of them will continue punishing the "ordinary voters" of Kansas.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 11:02:50 AM »

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 11:01:08 PM »

Looks like Colyer is busing in illegals to gin up the vote margin but in the end he is finished. My prayers have been answered....Kobach was be the nominee
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 11:10:57 PM »

Looks like Colyer is busing in illegals to gin up the vote margin but in the end he is finished. My prayers have been answered....Kobach was be the nominee

I preserve your statemens. What will you say, when Kobach will become a Governor?)))). IIRC - almost every liberal thought in 2014, that Brownback will be finished, and he wasn't.

I will say: ''Democracy has done its part and the intelligent voters of Kansas have made their choice...and their choice is Kobach''
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 11:18:18 PM »

I preserve your statemens. What will you say, when Kobach will become a Governor?)))). IIRC - almost every liberal thought in 2014, that Brownback will be finished, and he wasn't.

I will say: ''Democracy has done its part and the intelligent voters of Kansas have made their choice...and their choice is Kobach''

With "intelligent" used as a snark.. How predictable. I frequently canth a thought, that i can write most of the posts of solid liberals and solid conservatives for them - so predictable they are...

No snark at all. Kobach put his entire political career in the open and the residents of his state chose him. That is something we must respect of the KS Republican electorate.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 11:22:10 PM »

With "intelligent" used as a snark.. How predictable. I frequently canth a thought, that i can write most of the posts of solid liberals and solid conservatives for them - so predictable they are...

No snark at all. Kobach put his entire political career in the open and the residents of his state chose him. That is something we must respect of the KS Republican electorate.

We will see after election. I will preserve this statement too))))

no need to preserve...Kobach will lose and go back to restocking canned soup in K-Mart like he was before the moron GOP chose him to be SoS
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 11:31:14 PM »

We will see after election. I will preserve this statement too))))

no need to preserve...Kobach will lose and go back to restocking canned soup in K-Mart like he was before the moron GOP chose him to be SoS

Again - we will see. I don't make predictions almost 90 days before election. Maximum - 30

Many elitist republicans think they know more than their own voting base...thats why KS GOP voters chose Kobach. Colyer was haranguing them about ''book learning'' and the Earth being more than 6,000 years old but Kobach reminded them of where they come from. He reminded them that the GOP is the party of Trump and not the party of big brain smart guys who make outrageous claims like 2+2 equals 4.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2018, 02:08:57 PM »

How long is Colyer gonna let this drag out?

Hopefully till election day
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2018, 09:13:10 PM »

BREAKING NEWS

Unofficial provisional numbers from JoCo:
Colyer: 300
Kobach: 325

Tmth Projection: Kris Kobach is the GOP nominee for Kansas Governor.

Praise Jesus!
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2018, 02:01:14 PM »

Kobach in big BIG trouble

You must be logged in to read this quote.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 04:40:39 PM »

Clown Orman in dissaray
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies