The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 07:14:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 86
Author Topic: The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity  (Read 217240 times)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: May 27, 2021, 09:36:13 AM »

This reminds me of the Kitzbühel municipal by-election in 1973. The leading candidate (Turks Out Party) was controversially imprisoned for expressing his freedom of speech by protesting against sharia patrols, but his allies secretly recruited a stand-in candidate running on an alternative ticket (Hang The Turk Party, Liberal Faction) - when this was found out it caused a lot of trouble and the left-wing opposition (Deport Turks Party) actually won the seat in an upset. Soon the Muslims took over the city and made all the hot babes wear burqas to school.
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #1826 on: May 29, 2021, 03:27:50 PM »

This thread, in which nearly everyone forgot how to read.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #1827 on: May 29, 2021, 03:42:54 PM »

Yes I'm so surprised that no one got a rinse out of the mandatory vacations thread.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1828 on: May 29, 2021, 04:31:24 PM »

Well I got my fair share of giggles out of it.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1829 on: May 29, 2021, 04:37:34 PM »

We do have a lot of dyed-in-the-wool curmudgeons.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1830 on: May 30, 2021, 01:36:40 PM »

I would never use a sock, they know your thoughts

I always walk around barefoot because I'm afraid of my socks reading my mind, and then trying to blackmail me or something.

MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #1831 on: June 02, 2021, 06:46:37 AM »

Mongolia. Because of their supply of horses, and considering they're the only ones who successfully subjugated Russia, they're going to have to be on standby if a conflict ever arises.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #1832 on: June 02, 2021, 09:09:15 AM »

As a staunch supporter of gay rights, this is just as bad as gay supporters harassing an anti gay boat with the pro gay boat blowing up and neading to be rescued by an anti gay boat.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1833 on: June 02, 2021, 09:57:45 PM »

THE CONSERVATIVE DILEMMA

Banning athletes like this from
competing against cisgender women:
Forcing athletes like this to
compete against cisgender women:

MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1834 on: June 03, 2021, 10:23:18 PM »

I don't have a car, and even if I did, I wouldn't want BRTD in it.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1835 on: June 12, 2021, 09:23:10 AM »

Most of the replies in this thread; there are too many good ones to quote individually. Smiley
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1836 on: June 13, 2021, 02:07:39 PM »

This is pretty funny:

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1837 on: June 15, 2021, 05:33:55 PM »

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=450837.25
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1838 on: June 21, 2021, 12:25:13 PM »

This new guy actually rocks

If you think these "audits" will actually help the GOP in 2022, I would like to know what drug you are on.

I do not take any drug type pills but I do take vitamin D, multivitamin, zinc, Magnesium, L Theanine, Inositol as supplements if you are curious but I do not think they contribute to my political views.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1839 on: June 23, 2021, 04:50:11 PM »

For a good bit of possibly unintentional surreal humour:

Well, for fun I decided to take the UK 2019 results (minus Northern Ireland) and try and shoehorn them into the US House of Representatives constituencies.

There result is a bit dumb but it's not like the premise of this thread can ever be simulated accurately so here it goes Tongue

(click to enlarge)

Believe it or not, there is actually a concrete methodology I used for this. Whether it was the best methodology or not is up for debate of course:

Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #1840 on: July 03, 2021, 03:04:19 PM »

I've missed branston pickle since I've left London and I believe one of the more tragic episodes of Brexit is the fact that we will not have much branston pickle left on the continent. Other condiments exist of course but if you have a Leerdamer cheese sandwich it misses a certain je ne sais quoi to bring the sandwich together. Butter won't do because butter and Leerdamer and butter don't really go well together.

I sometimes wonder if Brexit is going to impact the branston pickle industry in places like Belgium. When I was 4 I was taken to the British shop and we would pick up some some cream crackers and Branston Pickle. THe cheddar was missing but I guess we had to get that from the regular supermarket. I think Delhaize have their own brand of cheddar these days but I prefer Leerdamer as it has a less stronger taste and so the branston pickle can do the work.

Anyway I didn't know it had actively disapeared from the market so thanks for informing me about this development. All the best to those who have been put into an unemployment scheme. I find watching a back to back saga of Glen Garry Glenn Ross and 99 homes helps you understand how capitalism works.

Genuinely good comedy.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1841 on: July 04, 2021, 09:34:02 PM »

Didn't know that Biden has a button on his desk that makes the price of gas go up.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1842 on: July 07, 2021, 10:53:56 PM »

I also believe Hash is acting on basis of a grudge and is letting his feelings about people themselves unduely impact their modding. Look at how he treated my April Fools thread!

Exactly, TimTurner, and there's ample evidence from his comments on The Other Place, as well as his Discord messages, that he mods according to his grudges. tsk tsk, not good.
The silliest thing about it all is that the thread actually generated good discussion. ffs, "Topic Locked for Trolling". Does Hash know what April Fools Day is?

I don't think he does, Tim, he's a very serious man. And when his teeth grind at our idiocy, I can hear it all the way across the Atlantic.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1843 on: July 13, 2021, 02:17:42 PM »

Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #1844 on: July 14, 2021, 04:28:02 PM »

Splendid people who understand the need to properly distinguish between the political and ceremonial functions of the state. Constitutional monarchies maintain a far better balance of power than any republic could. And, of course, they are aesthetically superior. By comparison, republics are frightfully tacky and vulgar. God save the Queen.

Frightfully tacky and vulgar? I can think of nothing more tacky than the vainglorious self-promotion of monarchical art and architecture, and nothing more vulgar than the idle fops and foolish rakes that grow like a cancer upon royalty, always competing to outdo one another in the contest of absurd flatteries. Likewise, I can think of nothing more tasteful than the sober craftsmanship of republican artistry, and nothing more worthy of honor than the civic virtue exercised by citizens in a republic. I also don't see what any of this has to do with the balance of power, but if you'd like to go there, I should remind you that when England was a Commmonwealth she was much higher esteemed at home and abroad than when she wasted away under Stuart frivolity and irreverence.

I challenge you to argue in all honesty that Rubens' painted ceiling of the Banqueting House is anything less than a sublime testament to the glory of monarchy. It is hardly tacky. Republican art, of the sort one finds in Washington for instance, is almost nouveau riche by comparison. The Apotheosis of Washington in the Capitol rotunda is nothing more than a cheap copy of Rubens' Apotheosis of James I in the Banqueting House and rather a tragic admission by America that they can only feebly try to emulate the glories of the British monarchy.

Of course it would take quite an eccentric to argue that absolute monarchy is an advisable system for governing a state. The monarchy which I recommend is of course a modern, constitutional one of the sort one finds in the United Kingdom or Scandinavia (a region known for its hatred of equality). As regards the balance of power, Britain is a good example: parliamentary sovereignty emerged directly from conflict with the monarchy and created a perfectly natural balance between the executive and legislative which has developed and matured over many centuries. Alas, I would much rather that the ultimate say rested with HM The Queen than a fat, orange New Yorker who has a rather disturbing fondness for gold furniture. The comparison also stands to highlight the fact that it is unlikely that HM will be raising an army of baseball-capped yobs to storm the Palace of Westminster; the equivalent cannot be said of Mr Trump.

The English Commonwealth was a total disaster, which is why it only lasted for as long as it did. It was a dictatorship in which Oliver Cromwell effectively ignored parliament and established a regime which was terrible in almost every way. They banned theatre-going and Christmas - an arrogation of liberty not repeated until it was by Boris Johnson last year. Cromwell also permanently ruined England's relationship with Ireland. The regime was extremely unstable, as demonstrated by its collapse following Cromwell's death and the subsequent Restoration. The Civil War was probably necessary to reign in Charles I's excesses, but the Commonwealth was abysmal. Since the Restoration, England has prospered greatly under a monarchy. The Stuarts were rather fun, albeit Scottish; Charles II in particular was an affable character. Especially in comparison to the repulsive, dour and warty Cromwell.

beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1845 on: July 14, 2021, 05:00:39 PM »

Splendid people who understand the need to properly distinguish between the political and ceremonial functions of the state. Constitutional monarchies maintain a far better balance of power than any republic could. And, of course, they are aesthetically superior. By comparison, republics are frightfully tacky and vulgar. God save the Queen.

Frightfully tacky and vulgar? I can think of nothing more tacky than the vainglorious self-promotion of monarchical art and architecture, and nothing more vulgar than the idle fops and foolish rakes that grow like a cancer upon royalty, always competing to outdo one another in the contest of absurd flatteries. Likewise, I can think of nothing more tasteful than the sober craftsmanship of republican artistry, and nothing more worthy of honor than the civic virtue exercised by citizens in a republic. I also don't see what any of this has to do with the balance of power, but if you'd like to go there, I should remind you that when England was a Commmonwealth she was much higher esteemed at home and abroad than when she wasted away under Stuart frivolity and irreverence.

I challenge you to argue in all honesty that Rubens' painted ceiling of the Banqueting House is anything less than a sublime testament to the glory of monarchy. It is hardly tacky. Republican art, of the sort one finds in Washington for instance, is almost nouveau riche by comparison. The Apotheosis of Washington in the Capitol rotunda is nothing more than a cheap copy of Rubens' Apotheosis of James I in the Banqueting House and rather a tragic admission by America that they can only feebly try to emulate the glories of the British monarchy.

Of course it would take quite an eccentric to argue that absolute monarchy is an advisable system for governing a state. The monarchy which I recommend is of course a modern, constitutional one of the sort one finds in the United Kingdom or Scandinavia (a region known for its hatred of equality). As regards the balance of power, Britain is a good example: parliamentary sovereignty emerged directly from conflict with the monarchy and created a perfectly natural balance between the executive and legislative which has developed and matured over many centuries. Alas, I would much rather that the ultimate say rested with HM The Queen than a fat, orange New Yorker who has a rather disturbing fondness for gold furniture. The comparison also stands to highlight the fact that it is unlikely that HM will be raising an army of baseball-capped yobs to storm the Palace of Westminster; the equivalent cannot be said of Mr Trump.

The English Commonwealth was a total disaster, which is why it only lasted for as long as it did. It was a dictatorship in which Oliver Cromwell effectively ignored parliament and established a regime which was terrible in almost every way. They banned theatre-going and Christmas - an arrogation of liberty not repeated until it was by Boris Johnson last year. Cromwell also permanently ruined England's relationship with Ireland. The regime was extremely unstable, as demonstrated by its collapse following Cromwell's death and the subsequent Restoration. The Civil War was probably necessary to reign in Charles I's excesses, but the Commonwealth was abysmal. Since the Restoration, England has prospered greatly under a monarchy. The Stuarts were rather fun, albeit Scottish; Charles II in particular was an affable character. Especially in comparison to the repulsive, dour and warty Cromwell.

I hope he is real. Impressive how someone can come off as such a twat in the most charming way. I agree with his paragraph on the Stuarts though. The whole interregnum was awful and completely misguided and the Humble Petition and Advice proves it.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1846 on: July 20, 2021, 06:59:44 PM »

Nailed it

Big Abraham needs to realize that white voters in places like Staten Island, Wood-Bridge, Ozone Park, don't care about the Texas Revolution...they care about public safety, safe schools, and safe streets...pro-cop NJ/NY Republicans won't care about the Texas Revolution...
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1847 on: August 19, 2021, 01:49:35 PM »

20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States