Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:38:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 102881 times)
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2350 on: April 08, 2024, 11:02:59 PM »

Changing my avatar for the next month because I’ll be visiting Minnesota for the first time. Hope some of you appreciate the joke.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #2351 on: April 09, 2024, 11:03:51 AM »

As an incorrigible Anglophile going to live in London for two months, you get there expecting everyone to be walking down the street whistling songs by The Jam, when obviously it’s nothing like that and never really was, not even in 1980. As much as it hurts to admit, life isn’t, after all, just an Elvis Costello song (even if much of it might feel that way). And that can only be a good thing, I think; if life were just everything we already liked filling in our preconceptions about the world, then what would be the point? I had an absolutely lovely time seeing 80s bands like the Lotus Eaters and down the indie disco, where they played some of my favs like Orange Juice and the Weddoes, but when I go back again (as I’m itching to) I’ll try to see more of life than I’m familiar with. For as Johnson said, he who is tired of London is tired of life, and in London there is all that life can afford.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2352 on: April 10, 2024, 08:06:51 AM »

Back in Michigan.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2353 on: April 12, 2024, 01:15:54 AM »

I regret to inform you that I am listening to 2000s emo again.

Blud is going through it 😔

Update: We have discovered Konstantine by Something Corporate
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2354 on: April 12, 2024, 05:03:48 PM »

Trump polls are dropping like a rock and it is about that time because we are about to vote
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #2355 on: April 21, 2024, 10:35:00 PM »

Found out I'm going to be class valedictorian lmao
AtorBoltox

« Reply #2356 on: April 22, 2024, 08:54:35 AM »
« Edited: April 22, 2024, 10:36:32 AM by AtorBoltox »

Years ago I used to regularly watch Al Jazeera because the breadth of their news coverage is simply unparalleled by any other agency. AJ was literally the only network that covered things like the conflict in the Central African Republic in any depth (aside from some token reporting on the BBC). I always knew it was Qatari state media, but embarrassingly never twigged on until recently that it really is just blatant Islamist propaganda. I refuse to watch it any longer, but unfortunately I can't find any other news service that matches AJ in the scope of their reporting. Does anyone have any suggestions?
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2357 on: April 22, 2024, 11:24:38 AM »

Years ago I used to regularly watch Al Jazeera because the breadth of their news coverage is simply unparalleled by any other agency. AJ was literally the only network that covered things like the conflict in the Central African Republic in any depth (aside from some token reporting on the BBC). I always knew it was Qatari state media, but embarrassingly never twigged on until recently that it really is just blatant Islamist propaganda. I refuse to watch it any longer, but unfortunately I can't find any other news service that matches AJ in the scope of their reporting. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I mean, you can still listen to them, just keep that in mind and don’t believe *everything* they say. Listen to a variety of sources and keep biases in mind.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #2358 on: April 22, 2024, 11:42:19 AM »

You were surprised that the country that harbors and aids Hamas promotes extremist propaganda?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2359 on: April 22, 2024, 11:46:42 AM »

You were surprised that the country that harbors and aids Hamas promotes extremist propaganda?

Qatar is a great country. US soldiers love spending time there.
Independents for Nihilism
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #2360 on: April 22, 2024, 12:29:44 PM »

Al Jazeera is great as long as there is nothing currently going on in Israel (which, unfortunately, is less and less often).
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2361 on: April 22, 2024, 07:49:23 PM »

DW does a reasonably good job of things too in scope.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2362 on: April 23, 2024, 08:47:29 PM »

Changing my avatar for the next month because I’ll be visiting Minnesota for the first time. Hope some of you appreciate the joke.

Changed from “Bakersfield Uber Alles” to a more appropriate username now that I’m about to travel further west by land than ever before.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #2363 on: April 25, 2024, 11:08:15 AM »

Happy 25 April to all Italians, Portuguese, and opponents of dictatorship!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2364 on: April 25, 2024, 04:47:50 PM »

I wonder what type of user SL will be should he comeback
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95]  
« previous next »
Jump to: