NH-SEN 2022 Megathread: General Dysfunction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:38:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NH-SEN 2022 Megathread: General Dysfunction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31
Author Topic: NH-SEN 2022 Megathread: General Dysfunction  (Read 41678 times)
Pollster
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: September 02, 2022, 07:52:11 AM »

NRSC affiliate going up with a last-ditch effort to stop Bolduc/boost Morse.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/31/republican-super-pac-2-million-new-hampshire-senate-primary-00054402?nname=playbook&nid=0000014f-1646-d88f-a1cf-5f46b7bd0000&nrid=00000161-0ed9-d62b-a3f5-deddd8540000&nlid=630318
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #601 on: September 02, 2022, 07:58:00 AM »

Too late
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #602 on: September 02, 2022, 08:00:41 AM »

The Rs weren't winning NH without SUNUNU or PA wiithout McCormick anyways

Oz and Cox and Bailey were the perfect candidates to defeat for D's in November, but the Rs blocked Voting Rights which enjoyed a majority of support because we know SCOTUS  is Gerrymandering
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #603 on: September 02, 2022, 08:27:32 AM »

Not necessarily - have heard that engagement with this race is very low and more of the primary voters' attention is on the Congressional races, particularly Mowers/Leavitt.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #604 on: September 02, 2022, 08:53:58 AM »

If I were to be told that Democrats would end up with just 50 seats after the midterms and could choose which seats they were to win, I’d happily trade Hassan and Masto for Barnes and Fetterman.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #605 on: September 02, 2022, 09:17:17 AM »

If I were to be told that Democrats would end up with just 50 seats after the midterms and could choose which seats they were to win, I’d happily trade Hassan and Masto for Barnes and Fetterman.

Barnes is not winning on a night when Hassan is losing, and more likely than not Republicans will end up with 54 seats in the Senate if they manage to win in NH.

This is an incredibly overhyped race (and would have been even with Sununu, who chose not to run for a reason) that will only flip on an extremely bad night for Democrats (call it a 'wave' if you want).
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #606 on: September 02, 2022, 09:51:15 AM »

Barnes is not winning on a night when Hassan is losing, and more likely than not Republicans will end up with 54 seats in the Senate if they manage to win in NH.

I know, I was saying that if I could specifically choose which way each race would go to get to a 50/50 Senate, that’s what I would choose, even if in reality Hassan would be easily winning if Barnes were to win (and Masto would almost certainly win as well.)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #607 on: September 02, 2022, 10:01:49 AM »

I know, I was saying that if I could specifically choose which way each race would go to get to a 50/50 Senate, that’s what I would choose, even if in reality Hassan would be easily winning if Barnes were to win (and Masto would almost certainly win as well.)

I see. There’s still a surprising number of people who seem convinced that Democrats will win easily in November because of Roe/Trump/inflation policy but who also think that Morse winning the Republican nomination in NH instead of Bolduc will somehow make a difference in that it will turn this into a competitive race. It doesn’t make sense — if you think there’ll be a Democratic sweep in November, the Republican candidate in NH won’t matter at all.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #608 on: September 02, 2022, 10:04:46 AM »

This is an incredibly overhyped race (and would have been even with Sununu, who chose not to run for a reason) that will only flip on an extremely bad night for Democrats (call it a 'wave' if you want).
I agree on the former but if Morse is the nominee, I wouldn't be surprised if AZ GA stay D and NH flips. As you can probably tell,, I expect this to still be a strong republican year, which I agree with you would be necessary for something like NH to flip. But candidate quality does matter despite what certain blue/green avatars on the site have said(not you lol)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #609 on: September 02, 2022, 10:06:48 AM »

I see. There’s still a surprising number of people who seem convinced that Democrats will win easily in November because of Roe/Trump/inflation policy but who also think that Morse winning the Republican nomination in NH instead of Bolduc will somehow make a difference in that it will turn this into a competitive race. It doesn’t make sense — if you think there’ll be a Democratic sweep in November, the Republican candidate in NH won’t matter at all.

I’d agree that if Democrats lose NH, there’s absolutely no way they’re holding the Senate, though I do think Morse gives Republicans a bit more hope here than Bolduc would, and it’s possible that this could become seat 53 instead of 54 for the Republicans.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #610 on: September 02, 2022, 11:55:43 AM »

Hmm:
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #611 on: September 02, 2022, 11:56:51 AM »

Hmm:
Well they better get Morse over the finish line or their toast here
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #612 on: September 02, 2022, 02:08:46 PM »

And like clockwork...the Democrats are going in.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/02/dem-super-pac-republican-new-hampshire-senate-primary-00054690
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #613 on: September 02, 2022, 06:22:08 PM »

I hate this strategy.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #614 on: September 03, 2022, 09:32:57 AM »

I mean if it truly is a neutral year, it wouldn't matter who they nominate. But in a republican leaning year it might make a difference. Bolduc would likely not be favored whereas Morse would have a good shot in the latter scenario
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #615 on: September 03, 2022, 10:55:56 AM »

SLF is willing to throw $23M into NH with Bolduc the likely nominee, but the RGA isn't spending anything for Mastriano?

Like Bolduc is the worst possible outcome for the GOP, why would they waste $23M there on that race? That's $50M between Ohio and NH that should just be so unnecessary for them to spend, and $50M that's not going to actual swing state competitive races.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #616 on: September 03, 2022, 12:59:00 PM »

SLF is willing to throw $23M into NH with Bolduc the likely nominee, but the RGA isn't spending anything for Mastriano?

Like Bolduc is the worst possible outcome for the GOP, why would they waste $23M there on that race? That's $50M between Ohio and NH that should just be so unnecessary for them to spend, and $50M that's not going to actual swing state competitive races.

They’re probably gonna cancel if Bolduc wins the primary.
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #617 on: September 08, 2022, 04:38:48 PM »

https://www.wmur.com/article/new-hampshire-senate-race-chris-sununu-chuck-morse/41124111#

Sununu is endorsing Morse

Something of a coordinated effort as of late to boost Morse, but it's probably way too late at this point. If this effort had started a few weeks ago, maybe it would have been more effective, but at this point I am not sure it makes much of a difference. I guess maybe if that Bolduc support was really soft it will help, but the gap between the two is pretty sizeable.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #618 on: September 08, 2022, 04:54:39 PM »

Also, do GOP primary voters care who Sununu endorses at this point? Maybe he has more weight than say Baker or Hogan, but don't many still consider him a RINO?
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #619 on: September 08, 2022, 04:56:06 PM »

Also, do GOP primary voters care who Sununu endorses at this point? Maybe he has more weight than say Baker or Hogan, but don't many still consider him a RINO?

I don't know that they consider him a RINO, some do but most generally approve of him, but no I don't think his endorsement on its own is worth very much.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #620 on: September 15, 2022, 11:04:42 AM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #621 on: September 15, 2022, 11:14:38 AM »

LOL.
Can you believe this sh**t?
First get the NutJob trump-cultist electorate in your state to support you, then after using them, stab them in the heart with "Biden is the legitimate President of this country."
Fools. The whole lot of them.
prag_prog
United States

« Reply #622 on: September 15, 2022, 01:19:11 PM »

how shameless is this dude lol.
David Hume
davidhume
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: 1.22

P P
« Reply #623 on: September 15, 2022, 05:50:22 PM »

“The election was not stolen ... President Biden is the legitimate president of this country.”

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1570425679887343624
prag_prog
United States

« Reply #624 on: September 16, 2022, 01:53:39 PM »

lol this is just way too funny. He has now right away sent a statement to his supporters that he still thinks election is stolen. So shameless

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies