NH-SEN 2022 Megathread: General Dysfunction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:43:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NH-SEN 2022 Megathread: General Dysfunction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 31
Author Topic: NH-SEN 2022 Megathread: General Dysfunction  (Read 40940 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: January 31, 2022, 07:27:55 PM »

lol, not like I'd expect the people on this forum to be honest and not smear anybody they don't like as a "Trump supporter" "Republican" or whatever, but you'd think they'd at least have some evidence.

And yeah, "fascism" has been totally devalued as a buzzword

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #501 on: January 31, 2022, 10:26:26 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2022, 07:27:55 PM by Anti Democrat Democrat Club »

lol, not like I'd expect the people on this forum to be honest and not smear anybody they don't like as a "Trump supporter" "Republican" or whatever, but you'd think they'd at least have some evidence.

My bad. I must have gotten my Mises people mixed up. Their Gov nominee, Borysenko, is the MAGA person.

Kaufman is the racist pedo.

Truly, truly amazing that the only non-Republican in the race literally wants to repeal the age of consent. We live in an absolute society.
JMT

« Reply #502 on: April 06, 2022, 09:00:45 AM »

Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #503 on: April 06, 2022, 09:09:59 AM »

Why are there so many Republican carpetbaggers always running in NH?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #504 on: April 06, 2022, 09:18:26 AM »

Seems like it's the only state of the Atlantic Northeast and New England GOP candidates can win in federal elections.

That said, James Buckley who was elected senator in NY 1970 on the conservative ticket in a 3-way race against a Dem and a Rockefeller GOPer and later lost in '76, carpetbagged to CT in 1980, but lost that one, too.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #505 on: April 06, 2022, 09:32:00 AM »

Seems like it's the only state of the Atlantic Northeast and New England GOP candidates can win in federal elections.

That said, James Buckley who was elected senator in NY 1970 on the conservative ticket in a 3-way race against a Dem and a Rockefeller GOPer and later lost in '76, carpetbagged to CT in 1980, but lost that one, too.
At least with the person the article mentioned, she seems to have grown up in NH, she actually carpetbagged from there to NY to run for Senate (which seems stupid tbh). She's just "uncarpetbagging" now (not that her runs in NY won't be used against her).
I'm surprised Lewandowski hasn't been able to find a better candidate. There wasn't even ONE pro-Trump female in NH state legislature willing to run for Senate?
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #506 on: April 09, 2022, 10:32:23 PM »

Don Bolduc raised just over $100,000 last quarter. That is just terrible. If you are one of the leading candidates in a supposedly swing senate seat you should raise more than that by accident.

https://www.wmur.com/article/don-bolduc-first-quarter-fundraising-2022/39662133#
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #507 on: April 11, 2022, 12:35:41 PM »

Yeah, Hassan should be fine.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #508 on: April 11, 2022, 01:17:49 PM »

Very very okay with trading Sununu's re-election for Hassan's.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #509 on: April 12, 2022, 06:59:15 PM »

Get ready for four more years of "If Sununu runs for Senate in 2026, Shaheen will lose before Peters" takes even if Hassan survives a R wave while Cortez Masto, Kelly, and Warnock all lose.
Sub Jero
Rookie
United States

« Reply #510 on: April 12, 2022, 07:36:20 PM »

Get ready for four more years of "If Sununu runs for Senate in 2026, Shaheen will lose before Peters" takes even if Hassan survives a R wave while Cortez Masto, Kelly, and Warnock all lose.
Well, if Trump wins in 2024, Peters and Shaheen are safe bets to win.

If Biden wins again, Peters has almost no chance, while Shaheen would be favored but beatable.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #511 on: April 13, 2022, 09:35:54 AM »

Shaheen is much stronger than Hassan Sununu could of ran against her and chose not to do it in 2020, Shaheen will hold that seat as long as she wanted she was leading SUNUNU
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #512 on: April 14, 2022, 08:48:29 AM »

Yeah, Hassan should be fine.

Still odd to me that Phillips Andover (not even Phillips Exeter from what I can tell), a prep school, has decided to get into polling. I've generally seen this poll treated with skepticism as well, for what it is worth. Seems like it has very few undecideds relative to other polls/what is usually expected this far out in an NH race. The poll also showed that Covid was still the largest issue for voters (45%) with climate change second (21.6%), which I can't imagine being right. Seems like a weird sample maybe. I'll personally wait until St. Paul's puts out its poll until I make a final judgment.
Sub Jero
Rookie
United States

« Reply #513 on: April 16, 2022, 08:16:51 AM »

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #514 on: April 17, 2022, 03:51:38 AM »

DSCC needs to cut Hassan off for that.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #515 on: April 17, 2022, 04:19:50 AM »

lol, lmao
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #516 on: April 17, 2022, 08:42:24 AM »

https://www.unionleader.com/news/politics/statehouse_dome/state-house-dome-gop-senate-field-likely-to-grow-and-shake-up-race/article_df7fb4b2-e802-5e45-931a-160a2187c008.html?block_id=998119

Per the Union Leader, Wendy Long, a former NY Senate candidate, is getting ready to run in NH. She is a Dartmouth grad who grew up in NH and worked for Senator Gordon Humphrey. Still, this is ridiculous. If she wins the primary that's three carpetbaggers in a row (not counting Ayotte). My initial reaction though is that she might have a bit of a hill to climb as I doubt she has very high name recognition, not to mention nothing by way of existing support or brand within the state (a note as well that outside of this Union Leader mention, I see nothing in other NH news about this). She basically has all of Scott Brown's liabilities without any of the strengths he may have had. Her only strength would be outside connections, including a possible Trump endorsement, which the article seems to suggest Lewandowski might try to get for her. Needless to say, she would be an awful candidate against Hassan.
Sub Jero
Rookie
United States

« Reply #517 on: April 17, 2022, 09:05:57 AM »

Why?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #518 on: April 17, 2022, 10:15:18 AM »

I wouldn't take anyone suggesting Sununu as a senate candidate serious anymore. If the dude really wanted to be a senator, he would have run this year. A Dem midterm, semi-popular incumbent and his own popularity very high. Doesn't get much better than that. He just seems to have no desire for the job; some politicians just prefer being executives for a reason (my governor is similar I think; Newsom wouldn't like being a senator either). So there's zero reason to believe Sununu would ever run for senate.

If anything, he'll run 4 prez in 2024 (with very little success).
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #519 on: April 17, 2022, 02:13:25 PM »

DSCC needs to cut off their strongest vulnerable incumbent because she said she’d prefer the state she represents remain the first primary?
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #520 on: April 17, 2022, 03:39:01 PM »

This may be the dumbest take I have seen on Atlas and that is saying something.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #521 on: April 17, 2022, 05:09:05 PM »

https://www.unionleader.com/news/politics/statehouse_dome/state-house-dome-gop-senate-field-likely-to-grow-and-shake-up-race/article_df7fb4b2-e802-5e45-931a-160a2187c008.html?block_id=998119

Per the Union Leader, Wendy Long, a former NY Senate candidate, is getting ready to run in NH. She is a Dartmouth grad who grew up in NH and worked for Senator Gordon Humphrey. Still, this is ridiculous. If she wins the primary that's three carpetbaggers in a row (not counting Ayotte). My initial reaction though is that she might have a bit of a hill to climb as I doubt she has very high name recognition, not to mention nothing by way of existing support or brand within the state (a note as well that outside of this Union Leader mention, I see nothing in other NH news about this). She basically has all of Scott Brown's liabilities without any of the strengths he may have had. Her only strength would be outside connections, including a possible Trump endorsement, which the article seems to suggest Lewandowski might try to get for her. Needless to say, she would be an awful candidate against Hassan.

Carpetbaggers from the high-tax states in the rest of the Northeast are the Republican base in NH (and to a lesser extent VT). Nothing strange here nor a death sentence. Long’s candidacy could be interesting given how low the bar currently is.
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #522 on: April 17, 2022, 05:41:24 PM »

Carpetbaggers from the high-tax states in the rest of the Northeast are the Republican base in NH (and to a lesser extent VT). Nothing strange here nor a death sentence. Long’s candidacy could be interesting given how low the bar currently is.

I suppose I wouldn't mind so much if the carpetbaggers could win elections but they don't seem to be able to. I will grant you that the "carpetbagger" stuff from the Dems is annoying and often hypocritical, but judging from 2014 it can work, and Long is an even more distant figure for NH voters than Brown was. Morse is fine, Smith is fine, and both are better suited to New Hampshire than Long is (they've lived here for more than a few years, for a start). I suppose Long could win, but I still think Morse and Smith (provided they are well funded, and I think Morse at least could be) are by far better candidates.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #523 on: April 19, 2022, 10:13:06 AM »

If we wanted to read every NRSC tweet about Hassan we'd just follow them on Twitter
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #524 on: April 19, 2022, 10:33:25 AM »

GOP needs to stop Bolduc but he has a ton of endorsements. I don't see how they stop him
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies