PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:29:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 286641 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: February 16, 2021, 12:26:19 PM »

Republicans are always going to be deploy bad faith attacks against democrats!

They accused Mark Kelly of lobbying for China, they accused Connor Lamb of being weak on sex offenders & they accused Raphael Warnock of overseeing abuse at a church camp! All three still won!

Picking democrats on the basis of republican attacks has a rich history of leading to even more useless people running for the democrats!
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #376 on: February 16, 2021, 12:40:41 PM »

Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #377 on: February 16, 2021, 02:11:30 PM »

Ugh. This bozo. Guess he's worried about getting drawn out.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #378 on: February 16, 2021, 05:50:46 PM »

Glad to see this election has already turned into a dumpster fire, the rest of this year much less next is going to fun to watch.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #379 on: February 16, 2021, 06:03:08 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2021, 06:09:20 PM by Congrats, Griffin! »

I mean, he’d probably be a stronger candidate than Fetterman tbf.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #380 on: February 16, 2021, 06:06:52 PM »

I mean, he’d probably be a stronger candidate than Fetterman, so...

Even if a genie told me this was the case I really cannot handle another Sinema in the Senate atm.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #381 on: February 16, 2021, 06:11:39 PM »

Even if a genie told me this was the case I really cannot handle another Sinema in the Senate atm.

I don't disagree, but I think Lamb is smarter than that.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #382 on: February 16, 2021, 06:12:39 PM »

Absolutely no moderate heroes in my Senate.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #383 on: February 16, 2021, 06:13:21 PM »

cartwright pls
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #384 on: February 16, 2021, 06:14:54 PM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #385 on: February 16, 2021, 06:18:04 PM »

And this is why I prefer Cartwright and maybe (depending on whether he runs a strong campaign) Fetterman.  My point is that Lamb running makes a lot of sense from his PoV regardless of redistricting, especially if he can get the DSCC to back him.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #386 on: February 16, 2021, 06:29:14 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2021, 07:45:09 PM by sawx »

If the DSCC backs Lamb it would signify my point of no return with the Democratic Party. There's a difference between principled centrism and blatant moderate heroism like the crap you see with Sinema and Lamb.

Cartwright is fine. He's a man of courage and convictions and I can get behind him. I can even get behind Houlahan - a moderate through and through, but one with principles. Georgia has proven that we don't need Conor Lambs or Kyrsten Sinemas to compete in hostile territory.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #387 on: February 16, 2021, 07:35:39 PM »

We’ve seen time and time again that running to the center in tough races is not a safe strategy. Lamb is uninspiring and lacks substance. What does he have over Fetterman (or Cartwright) in terms of appeal to working class voters or POC?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #388 on: February 16, 2021, 07:52:33 PM »

We’ve seen time and time again that running to the center in tough races is not a safe strategy. Lamb is uninspiring and lacks substance. What does he have over Fetterman (or Cartwright) in terms of appeal to working class voters or POC?

Lamb’s special election and 2018 victories were pretty d*** impressive, but as I have said, I’d prefer Cartwright and possibly even Fetterman despite the latter potentially being a weaker candidate.  I doubt Lamb or Fetterman have any special appeal to POC, but both have the potential to over-perform with WWC voters...or be a bust with them.  
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #389 on: February 16, 2021, 08:16:33 PM »

I hope Lamb doesn't run. We can't afford to lose his seat.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #390 on: February 16, 2021, 09:13:02 PM »

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/538007-ryan-grim-rep-conor-lamb-very-likely-to-enter-pennsylvania-senate-race

In addition to Lamb, State Rep. Malcolm Kenyatta might run.

This article speculates that Kenyatta and Fetterman would split the progressive vote, creating a lane for Conor Lamb.

I hope Lamb stays out of this race.

Fetterman is much stronger, imo. If people want a conservative blue dog, they would just vote republican.

Let Lamb run for Governor.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #391 on: February 16, 2021, 09:16:12 PM »

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/538007-ryan-grim-rep-conor-lamb-very-likely-to-enter-pennsylvania-senate-race

In addition to Lamb, State Rep. Malcolm Kenyatta might run.

This article speculates that Kenyatta and Fetterman would split the progressive vote, creating a lane for Conor Lamb.

I hope Lamb stays out of this race.

Fetterman is much stronger, imo. If people want a conservative blue dog, they would just vote republican.

Let Lamb run for Governor.

I’m a big fan of Malcolm Kenyatta and I know he has been good friends with John and Gisele Fetterman. I hope the primary doesn’t get ugly. But Kenyatta would be an excellent candidate if he could somehow win the primary. Just not sure how he’d fare in the general.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #392 on: February 16, 2021, 09:28:50 PM »

See they've already begun messaging against Fetterman to paint him as an out of touch elitest.

This ad is just so weird. Like it’s just the two pictures and it looks like the captions got swapped. Like seriously even the word play works better in reverse. Common Man Fetterman vs Coastal Elite Costello.

The entire point of this ad is to align Costello with Wawa (staple of southeastern PA/most of NJ) and align Fetterman with Sheetz (staple of western PA) to damage Fetterman in the Philadelphia suburbs. The fonts/branding used are the fonts/branding of the respective stores. It's a pretty toothless and overall dumb idea.

Pollster is correct on all levels.

As someone who is from SEPA/Philly burbs/Philly, this ad is just embarrassing and so cringe. But it's Costello, who used to be my rep back home before redistricting, and he's always been that way. He's the worst (+ Pat Toomey)
I actually think it’s kind of clever, even though there’s a possibility it backfires and it reeks of stereotypical city good/everywhere else bad stereotypes of Democratic politicians. It also looks like Costello might be wearing a Phillies jersey.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #393 on: February 17, 2021, 02:57:33 AM »

If the DSCC backs Lamb it would signify my point of no return with the Democratic Party. There's a difference between principled centrism and blatant moderate heroism like the crap you see with Sinema and Lamb.

Cartwright is fine. He's a man of courage and convictions and I can get behind him. I can even get behind Houlahan - a moderate through and through, but one with principles. Georgia has proven that we don't need Conor Lambs or Kyrsten Sinemas to compete in hostile territory.

But what about having McCain MavericksTM moderate suburbanites just love McCain MavericksTM? Chuck Schumer told me that and it worked so well for us in North Carolina and Maine and Iowa and Alaska and...
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #394 on: February 17, 2021, 06:53:28 AM »

Not sure why Lamb is being derided as some fake Democrat, he has come thru every single time he was needed.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #395 on: February 17, 2021, 07:06:12 AM »

He's got the track record of winning their votes compared to Fetterman who has never been tested.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #396 on: February 17, 2021, 08:34:17 AM »

Not sure why Lamb is being derided as some fake Democrat, he has come thru every single time he was needed.

Obviously wouldn't go that far, I personally just don't like the idea of having to elect yet another Democratic Senator (after the likes of Manchin & Sinema) who even have to "come through" in the 1st place when it's quite possible that we could just as easily win this seat with somebody who's just willing to go with the party-line flow whenever necessary like Gen. Eric Democrat.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #397 on: February 17, 2021, 08:46:23 AM »

He was one of 6 Democrats to vote Nay on the MORE Act because he thought the bill did not legalize marijuana "the right way" and that COVID relief was more important. Which it is, but we can walk and chew gum at the same time. He was just lying so that he wouldn't have to say that he doesn't support legalizing marijuana knowing full well that it's one of John Fetterman's strongest issues and would hurt him in the Senate primary if he decided to run.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #398 on: February 17, 2021, 09:46:02 AM »

Ugh, Lamb running would be bad, because he opens up a vulnerable House seat. We don't need this and can't afford to lose more ground. Additionally, Fetterman is easily the better alternative here because we don't need another Joe Manchin type of Dem in the senate. Fetterman would add a crucial progressive to the Dem conference. Neither am I convinced Lamb would have a better chance to win the seat. Lamb needs to run 4 reelection to the House and keep us a swing seat.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #399 on: February 17, 2021, 10:28:07 AM »

Ugh, Lamb running would be bad, because he opens up a vulnerable House seat. We don't need this and can't afford to lose more ground. Additionally, Fetterman is easily the better alternative here because we don't need another Joe Manchin type of Dem in the senate. Fetterman would add a crucial progressive to the Dem conference. Neither am I convinced Lamb would have a better chance to win the seat. Lamb needs to run 4 reelection to the House and keep us a swing seat.

All of this is true, but doesn't matter because Lamb prolly has a big ego, oil lobbyist will stroke that ego and tell him that he alone can win, convince him to go with their GE messaging for Republicans against Fetterman, and like a chump he'll do it. Happens all the time
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies