2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:41:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 86
Author Topic: 2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread v2  (Read 167391 times)

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: February 12, 2020, 07:56:35 PM »

Claudia Tenney receives the president’s “complete and total endorsement” in NY-22.

Little chance she will lose the Republican Primary given Cornwell dropped out, but still notable.

https://www.uticaod.com/news/20200212/trump-endorses-tenneyrsquos-bid-for-congress
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #551 on: February 12, 2020, 08:38:40 PM »

I am not surprised by this, Biden sapped up all the oxygen out the room except for Bernie online donations; consequently,  online donations have haulted due to the presidential race. As long as gas prices are elevated, people arent gonna keep giving. They still havent polled MA primary election and its March 3rd between Markey and Kennedy. Pelosi is begging for more donations

But, Trump is still a weaker Candidate than an Establishment R would be and he is beatable and so is the Leadership in the Senate. People are limiting their candidates who they are donating to
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #552 on: February 12, 2020, 09:21:52 PM »

I am not surprised by this, Biden sapped up all the oxygen out the room except for Bernie online donations; consequently,  online donations have haulted due to the presidential race. As long as gas prices are elevated, people arent gonna keep giving. They still havent polled MA primary election and its March 3rd between Markey and Kennedy. Pelosi is begging for more donations

But, Trump is still a weaker Candidate than an Establishment R would be and he is beatable and so is the Leadership in the Senate. People are limiting their candidates who they are donating to

How the hell did this get 3 recommendations?
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #553 on: February 13, 2020, 03:13:06 AM »

Do you just enjoying trolling with your takes? You never give any further explanation/reasoning for them.

It's been over a week and I'm still wondering what the hell "Warren's losing support because Castro is enabling her" is supposed to mean.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #554 on: February 13, 2020, 08:37:42 AM »

Do you just enjoying trolling with your takes? You never give any further explanation/reasoning for them.

It's been over a week and I'm still wondering what the hell "Warren's losing support because Castro is enabling her" is supposed to mean.

I'm surprised there are still people who don't have him ignored. He posts so often and his posts often only tangentially refer to the topic at hand. I have long thought it has to be a bot, but....
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #555 on: February 13, 2020, 06:01:57 PM »

I'm surprised there are still people who don't have him ignored. He posts so often and his posts often only tangentially refer to the topic at hand. I have long thought it has to be a bot, but....

And he's been at it for 14 years now, even though it seems like his earliest posts on this website (from c. 2006) were of somewhat better quality than what he posts now.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #556 on: February 14, 2020, 06:34:09 AM »

How the hell did this get 3 recommendations?
The OC love is basically ironic/having him as their quasi-mascot at this point.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #557 on: February 14, 2020, 10:18:05 AM »

The GCB in Texas is D+3.

https://static.texastribune.org/media/files/cec848fe193c737af94db49a047028d8/ut-tt-2020-02-summary-1.pdf
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #558 on: February 14, 2020, 10:08:45 PM »

politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #559 on: February 15, 2020, 06:53:04 AM »

Republicans won the popular vote in Texas in 2018 by 3.4%. A simple uniform swing would easily give Democrats a majority of the Congressional delegation. Even a neutral environment in November could easily see TX-22, TX-23, and TX-24 all go Democratic. At that point, Texas would only be 20R-16D. I think the next three top targets after those, in order, would be TX-21, TX-10, and TX-31.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #560 on: February 15, 2020, 06:51:54 PM »

Republicans won the popular vote in Texas in 2018 by 3.4%. A simple uniform swing would easily give Democrats a majority of the Congressional delegation. Even a neutral environment in November could easily see TX-22, TX-23, and TX-24 all go Democratic. At that point, Texas would only be 20R-16D. I think the next three top targets after those, in order, would be TX-21, TX-10, and TX-31.

Just 4 years ago, in 2016 the GCB in Texas was won by Republicans by 18-19%.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #561 on: February 16, 2020, 08:10:56 PM »

Just 4 years ago, in 2016 the GCB in Texas was won by Republicans by 18-19%.

But Texas isn't trending D because the Republicans won that one state special election where only 20% showed up to vote.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #562 on: February 18, 2020, 11:43:59 AM »

https://www.reddit.com/r/VoteBlue/comments/f5t7ma/txsen_joaquin_castro_endorses_cristina_tzintz%C3%BAn/?utm_source=ifttt

Castro endorses Latina to run against Cornyn
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

« Reply #563 on: February 18, 2020, 01:38:39 PM »

Winter is coming, and so am I.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #564 on: February 18, 2020, 08:22:33 PM »

State Rep. Kevin Tanner (R-Dawsonville) is running for the GA-09 seat that Doug Collins is vacating to run for Senate.

https://www.dawsonnews.com/local/government/tanner-announces-congressional-bid/

Another for GA-09: Cumming attorney Ethan Underwood.  I've interacted with him a bit on a couple of local zoning issues and he's always seemed like a decent person and willing to listen.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #565 on: February 19, 2020, 04:10:14 PM »

https://americanindependent.com/kentucky-voter-registration-record-mitch-mcconnell-2020-election/

New voters are registering in KY to oust Leader McConnell
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #566 on: February 20, 2020, 10:42:23 AM »

Sabato's Crystal Ball made two Senate rating changes today - one in favor of Democrats, one in favor of Republicans:

http://centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/sanders-and-the-senate/

Alabama: Lean R > Likely R
Colorado: Tossup > Lean D
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #567 on: February 20, 2020, 01:08:41 PM »

Sabato's Crystal Ball made two Senate rating changes today - one in favor of Democrats, one in favor of Republicans:

Both of their original ratings were unjustified, in my view. Gardner's race has always been at least Lean Democratic (and given the new poll showing him down by low double digits, it could even now be Likely Democratic), and Alabama cannot be, and never should have been, rated as anything other than Safe R. Jones looks set to get at least 40%, but he'll be lucky to do as well as even Heidi Heitkamp did in 2018 at this rate.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #568 on: February 21, 2020, 04:41:22 AM »

Not a moment too soon !
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #569 on: February 21, 2020, 06:13:41 PM »

Inside Elections made several House rating changes today:

https://www.insideelections.com/ratings/house/2020-house-ratings-february-21-2020

Toward Democrats
AZ-02: Likely D > Solid D
FL-15: Solid R > Likely R
IL-06: Likely D > Solid D
MI-03: Lean R > Tilt R
MI-08: Lean D > Likely D
MN-02: Likely D > Solid D
NJ-11: Likely D > Solid D
NY-19: Lean D > Likely D
WI-03: Likely D > Solid D

Toward Republicans
CA-25: Solid D > Likely D
FL-26: Solid D > Likely D
KY-06: Likely R > Solid R
MN-08: Likely R > Solid R
NC-09: Lean R > Likely R
TX-31: Lean R > Likely R
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #570 on: February 21, 2020, 06:21:43 PM »

MI-8 at Likely D seems way too optimistic even for how weak the Republican field is. It’s still a pretty red seat
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #571 on: February 21, 2020, 07:13:16 PM »

So at this point it looks like IE considers the following 2018 flips to be Solid D:
AZ-02, CA-49, CO-06, FL-27, IL-06, MN-02, MN-03, NJ-11, PA-05, PA-06, VA-10, WA-08.

Sabato has CA-49, CO-06, FL-27, MN-03, NJ-11, PA-05, PA-06 and VA-10.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #572 on: February 21, 2020, 09:10:01 PM »

Inside Elections made several House rating changes today:

https://www.insideelections.com/ratings/house/2020-house-ratings-february-21-2020

Toward Democrats

MI-08: Lean D > Likely D
MN-02: Likely D > Solid D
WI-03: Likely D > Solid D

Really, really dumb.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #573 on: February 21, 2020, 09:22:12 PM »

Crystal Ball will soon make AZ lean D and ME D, the Dems are on their way to a trifecta
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #574 on: February 25, 2020, 08:15:44 AM »

https://politicaltribune.org/record-number-of-kentuckians-are-registered-to-vote-ahead-of-election-doesnt-appear-to-look-good-for-mitch-mcconnells-chances-at-re-election/

Record number of KY are registered to vote to vote Leader McConnell, users should be careful about dismissing McGrath
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies