Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:30:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 ... 236
Author Topic: Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread  (Read 245348 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5325 on: April 04, 2022, 10:24:29 PM »

On Sky news it also said that Govts are starting to make debtors in other countries payback their Student loans too the Govt needs that 5 percent interest that's why Biden has said zilch about student loan Pauses again, news flash the Govt isn't forgiving 50 K I'm Student Loans Discharge forget it, to 55 M people we would be 40 Y in the hole not 30 T and it's very likely RH is coming in next yr which means not Discharge, they were discussing 10 K if a D Trifecta, but it won't be 50 K in debt relief
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5326 on: April 04, 2022, 11:22:28 PM »

They stopped simulcasting Sky News actually.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #5327 on: April 06, 2022, 01:57:11 AM »

You know Seniors have Medicare advantage there isn't any need for BBB which includes Dental due to fact Dental is already covered in Medicare C but we need BBB for Climate change as I always said Medicare C pays Dental for people on Medicare
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5328 on: April 06, 2022, 02:18:58 PM »

I'm betting this new deal falls apart too. Whether that means Manchin torching it again, Sinema torching it, or Progressives torching it because it isn't big enough.

More than happy to wager something on this....

Maybe it's hit the party that their odds of holding both houses in November are pretty low, so they better get their hopes and dreams passed while they still can. That's me being optimistic, maybe foolishly so.

The party needs a vision. Something to hold onto while the Republicans are not only poised to seize power, but also to fundamentally transform society with a whole new massive social engineering project. 2025 is going to be the Republicans 2009.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #5329 on: April 07, 2022, 02:45:49 AM »

Honestly, if CTC is still dead because this rich ass hates children, his constituents, and especially his constituents children, I’m fine with burning this thing down.

Oh we get ‘climate mitigation’ if it’s also offset by pouring exactly as much money into his coal company?
Screw it, I don’t remember when the dictator of America election that only West Virginians got to vote was, but I don’t recognize it.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #5330 on: April 07, 2022, 02:47:57 AM »

I'm betting this new deal falls apart too. Whether that means Manchin torching it again, Sinema torching it, or Progressives torching it because it isn't big enough.

Maybe it's hit the party that their odds of holding both houses in November are pretty low, so they better get their hopes and dreams passed while they still can. That's me being optimistic, maybe foolishly so.

The party needs a vision. Something to hold onto while the Republicans are not only poised to seize power, but also to fundamentally transform society with a whole new massive social engineering project. 2025 is going to be the Republicans 2009.

But, per braindead Manchinites, Biden wasn’t elected to have a vision. He’s there to manage the country in the most agreeable way to upper class Alcea corridor socialites until Republicans take back over.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #5331 on: April 07, 2022, 04:49:08 AM »

Biden has a divided Congress he doesn't have a Mandate until the next Election cycle I would note that's it's a VBM Election not same day voting just because the polls look bad for D's doesn't mean squat,  it took a week before the Election results came in, last time users in this forum want instant gratification, that's why they have an incorriR nut map as a user Prediction, it's gonna take at least week to count all the provisional ballots
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #5332 on: April 07, 2022, 04:54:15 AM »

If I understand it, we still have a deadlock on taxes.  Sinema is ok with gimmicks (surtaxes, special billionaire tax etc etc)  but not with raising tax rates while Manchin is ok with tax rates but ok with gimmicks.  And Manchin is not ok with spending unless it is paid for with taxes which there is a deadlock on.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #5333 on: April 07, 2022, 05:09:50 AM »
« Edited: April 07, 2022, 05:14:01 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

The Rs are something else yes Murkowski, Romney and Collins votes with us but when it mattered they blocked Climate change in BBB and VOTING RIGHTS, that's why Murkowski is on verge of losing she is a flip flopper and Romney himself said in Fox that he's a moderate but he isn't a McCain moderate in the EPA he believes in oil drilling that's why he lost to Obama ge wanted to oil drill
That's why despite Biden polls a VBM election where D votes come in Oct and rural votes come on EDay, Biden comes out with a mandate this time, it's not over it's only April as Biden repeatedly SAID

We don't need Dental in Medicare, it's called Medicare Advantage giving Seniors 0 cost on drugs and Dental Benefits, it's a co pay for Dental only in false teeth or Periodontal cares, gum surgery, everything else is covered false teeth including implantsare cosmetic surgery and gum surgery not preventative care
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5334 on: April 07, 2022, 08:55:57 AM »

But, per braindead Manchinites, Biden wasn’t elected to have a vision. He’s there to manage the country in the most agreeable way to upper class Alcea corridor socialites until Republicans take back over.

I guess the good thing about not having a vision in 10 years and unlikely to have an another good opportunity for another 10 (or 14 if Republicans really do manage to piss away 2024) is that it creates this opportunity to create a new vision. Democrats can probably go nuts in the wilderness. The last time it was truly to be embarrassing to be a Republican, the discourse was put on hold to deal with the depression and the war, however, it took 10 years for Republicans to come up with a new way forward and all they had to do was to never stop talking about it for another 20 years after that for that way forward to become popular.

It's easier for a horse to be born than for people to beat the dead horse.

It will soon be the best time to be alive as a A to A+ SOC, ECON, or POLS student at a Liberal Think Tank.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #5335 on: April 07, 2022, 09:39:00 AM »

I guess the good thing about not having a vision in 10 years and unlikely to have an another good opportunity for another 10 (or 14 if Republicans really do manage to piss away 2024) is that it creates this opportunity to create a new vision. Democrats can probably go nuts in the wilderness. The last time it was truly to be embarrassing to be a Republican, the discourse was put on hold to deal with the depression and the war, however, it took 10 years for Republicans to come up with a new way forward and all they had to do was to never stop talking about it for another 20 years after that for that way forward to become popular.

It will soon be the best time to be alive as a A to A+ SOC, ECON, or POLS student at a Liberal Think Tank.
It's cute that you think there are going to be competitive elections after these Republicans take over.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #5336 on: April 07, 2022, 01:53:32 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hill-12-30-report-senate-164218915.html

Congress hasn't passed COVID relief no one post about things in BBB anymore because there isn't any BBB bit except for Climate change there wasn't any need for that Bill unless D's net the Trifecta

Very few comments in this threads
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5337 on: April 07, 2022, 04:54:14 PM »

Honestly, if CTC is still dead because this rich ass hates children, his constituents, and especially his constituents children, I’m fine with burning this thing down.

Oh we get ‘climate mitigation’ if it’s also offset by pouring exactly as much money into his coal company?
Screw it, I don’t remember when the dictator of America election that only West Virginians got to vote was, but I don’t recognize it.

Obviously a climate bill would reduce net emissions. That's something, and something is better than nothing. Manchin is a terrible Senator but a majority of the Senate will be worse than him for many years to come. So I'd rather you do something and help reduce the extent to which climate change screws the rest of the world and even me personally over. Personally, that is more important than a Child Tax Credit that can just be passed at a later date and only affects Americans.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5338 on: April 07, 2022, 06:07:17 PM »

It's cute that you think there are going to be competitive elections after these Republicans take over.

We are going to have competitive elections again no matter what.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #5339 on: April 18, 2022, 08:42:40 AM »

Supreme Court rejects appeal by four states challenging $10,000 federal deduction limit on state and local taxes.  New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Maryland argued 2017 cap unconstitutionally intrudes on state taxing decisions.

Even as someone that is being taxed in NY I applaud this decision.  If  NY wants to stem high-income earners from moving to FL they should lower income taxes.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #5340 on: April 20, 2022, 10:59:53 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2022, 11:16:41 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Sinema already said she won't raise the corporate tax rate to 27% it stays at 20 andq why the Debt Ceiling runs out 3/2023 anyways the H is likely GOP anyways regardless of the S we're on  R budgets now, just like Obama during Boehner yrs
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #5341 on: April 24, 2022, 12:33:07 PM »

Just feel like reminding everyone that Joe Manchin killed the Child Tax Credit, directly condemning tens of millions of American children to poverty, with West Virginians being among the hardest hit places proportionally because he thought a staffer was rude to him and a few people kayaked with signs outside his yatch.

Just because everyone seems to have forgotten that. No it had jack all to do with inflation. Go back and check the articles, it’s about him wanting work requirements on literally everything (including, hilariously, paid leave from work) because he’s a rich person scared of welfare queens, and no it’s not about West Virginians. He explicitly worked to kill the stuff that benefited West Virginia (CTC, the Black Lung fund) and he wants to compromise on Green Energy that West Virginians hate.
He represents no one but himself.  And himself is an incredibly vile and completely incoherent constituency.

The point being that any ‘revived bill’ is just going to be ‘funnel money to Joe Manchin and call that a win’

It doesn’t make a difference politically and is sh**tty, non-consequential policy.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #5342 on: April 24, 2022, 02:57:52 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2022, 03:01:30 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

D's need 51/55 seats in the S along with a H majority which they're aiming at, in 22 there are 20R up and 14Ds Senators up. Warren said we can lose but she remains optimistic until the dye is casted on those VBM ballots

Pre Election polls which are Biden low Approvals means NOTHING, and we typically see in Midterms 45/45 GCB it was in 2018and D's won far fewer votes than I'm 2020 because Trump voters don't come out as much when he isn't on the ballot just like the Cali recall, Trump voters didn't turn out but did in VA and NJ

There is a myth out there VA spells bad news for D's, our Turning in Cali recall was very high, Trump Turnout was exceedingly low and 2018 we didn't win 80M votes we won far fewer in 2018/Same Day

The Election is not over , sone think so especially Blue avatars because it seem like Ukraine war with inflated gas prices are helping Rs
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #5343 on: April 25, 2022, 09:02:57 AM »

Hot take: had the squad shut up and helped pass BIF, BBB would be a thing. We need to watch out for them, they will go to any lengths to “hold Biden accountable” and put on a show.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #5344 on: April 25, 2022, 09:12:39 AM »

The Do Nothing Congress hasn't passed anything but Aid to Ukraine that's why Biden is stuck in the mid 40s but it's due to the GOP they refuses to raise Corporate taxes to 27% it's not middle class taxes going up Biden made that promise in the campaign we have 4% unemployment, Corporate taxes were low during 9% Unemployment
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5345 on: April 25, 2022, 10:58:45 AM »

Hot take: had the squad shut up and helped pass BIF, BBB would be a thing. We need to watch out for them, they will go to any lengths to “hold Biden accountable” and put on a show.
🙄
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5346 on: April 25, 2022, 12:42:31 PM »

I'm going to become the joker
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #5347 on: April 25, 2022, 01:11:02 PM »

The man clearly knows what his constituents like. Too bad for him, West Virginia is so red by now that no political stunt of his will still save his reelection now.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #5348 on: April 25, 2022, 01:18:37 PM »

I still think he'd lose in 2024, though the Atlas reaction would be quite something if he actually wins another term, de facto becoming an electoral supertitan in West Virginia. Conventional wisdom here just seems that he's done. Only our secular king thinks otherwise, and would then be vindicated.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5349 on: April 25, 2022, 01:21:55 PM »

Triggering the libs is a more powerful drug than opium.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 ... 236  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies