GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 02:48:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 147350 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: July 07, 2022, 08:10:32 PM »

Well this is interesting. I thought Warnock would narrowly survive based on the weakness of Walker as a candidate but this could be damaging.

Warnock used campaign funds to fight personal lawsuit

It won’t matter.  For better or worse, these sorts of scandals never really resonate with voters.

Hope you're right. Is that even much in the news in Georgia? And even if so, we're in a 24 hour news cycle and it's early July. The election won't take place for another four months.
No, I have been home in Georgia visiting family the past few weeks and didn't see anything about this until this thread.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #576 on: July 07, 2022, 08:32:08 PM »

Well this is interesting. I thought Warnock would narrowly survive based on the weakness of Walker as a candidate but this could be damaging.

It won’t matter.  For better or worse, these sorts of scandals never really resonate with voters.

Hope you're right. Is that even much in the news in Georgia? And even if so, we're in a 24 hour news cycle and it's early July. The election won't take place for another four months.
No, I have been home in Georgia visiting family the past few weeks and didn't see anything about this until this thread.

I also haven't seen anything about it other than here.  But I've seen the latest Walker story in Atlanta media.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #577 on: July 07, 2022, 09:30:28 PM »

“Walker lies ‘like he’s breathing’” is not a quote you’d want to see in an attack ad if you work for his campaign.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #578 on: July 08, 2022, 07:25:22 AM »

I also haven't seen anything about it other than here.  But I've seen the latest Walker story in Atlanta media.

The Warnock story is now also on the AJC homepage, but down in the Politics section: https://www.ajc.com/politics/election/republicans-warnock-violated-campaign-finance-law/KAU2TFBFTREVZC3URAQGV3NKZ4/
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #579 on: July 08, 2022, 07:46:41 AM »

This is why OH and NC and FL are critical in case Warnock loses abd maybe LA but the runoff is in Dec not Jan and Tim Ryan and Beasley are doing quite well to ensure Ds get to 52 not just 51 I knew GA was gonna be problematic, especially since Abrams trail Kemp in polls but is GA our 52 seat yes and OH is our 53rd
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #580 on: July 11, 2022, 09:04:20 AM »

Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #581 on: July 11, 2022, 11:04:11 AM »

Does anyone else (kind of) feel bad for Walker? He's an awful guy no doubt, but it seems like he has some serious mental health issues. The man needs help and is in no state to be running a statewide political campaign.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #582 on: July 11, 2022, 02:41:37 PM »

Lmao, Walker is a mess.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #583 on: July 11, 2022, 02:49:27 PM »

Genius.

Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #584 on: July 11, 2022, 03:25:04 PM »

Top 1% of his class ladies and gentleman.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #585 on: July 11, 2022, 06:59:25 PM »

I soooo hope Walker attends the debates against Warnock.

That will be must-see television.

I suspect the GOP will keep him from debating though.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #586 on: July 11, 2022, 10:01:35 PM »

Why is it that in 3 of the most key Senate races races, the GOP is nominating complete nuts that had clear problems even before the primary (GA, PA, and AZ)? Obviously, the GOP may still win all 3 of these races and one can argued their favored too, but they seem likely to run behind the baseline.

Some may argue that Ds holding the Senate doesn't matter if Rs still win the House (which they favored to do), and while there would be a brick wall in terms of policy, it would allow Biden 2 more years of appointments for things such as courts which is powerful.

Also RoJo really isn't acting like a Senator who's up for re-election in a swing state; he's heavily relying on the year carrying him. In 2018, sure people like Stabenow and Baldwin weren't particuarly being moderate heros, but at least they stayed on the downlow.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #587 on: July 12, 2022, 01:13:45 AM »

Why is it that in 3 of the most key Senate races races, the GOP is nominating complete nuts that had clear problems even before the primary (GA, PA, and AZ)? Obviously, the GOP may still win all 3 of these races and one can argued their favored too, but they seem likely to run behind the baseline.

Some may argue that Ds holding the Senate doesn't matter if Rs still win the House (which they favored to do), and while there would be a brick wall in terms of policy, it would allow Biden 2 more years of appointments for things such as courts which is powerful.

Also RoJo really isn't acting like a Senator who's up for re-election in a swing state; he's heavily relying on the year carrying him. In 2018, sure people like Stabenow and Baldwin weren't particuarly being moderate heros, but at least they stayed on the downlow.

It is really very strange. My initial inclination would be to say that it's weird that better candidates didn't bite, but we all thought Brnovich was a favorite for the seat a couple years back and he's getting smoked. I think the more likely culprit is that the two forces which dominate Republican primaries are base fanaticism and personal loyalty to Trump, neither of which is particularly aligned with electability concerns.

This isn't necessarily a good explanation for Georgia specifically, though; as can be seen in the gubernatorial primary, the party here seems to be more less fanatical and less Trump dominated. I think a couple of factors came into play here: 1. A number of state figures who probably would have been great recruits otherwise, particularly Raff, Geoff Duncan, and Chris Carr, are now known primarily as RINOs after the 2020 hullabaloo, which would probably not help them in a primary, *especially* one where they don't benefit from incumbency; 2. Walker's name rec and Trump cred is a potent combination even in a state like Georgia; and 3. People didn't realize the extent of that influence when weighing whether or not to jump in; if you told people at the beginning of the campaign that Kemp would smash Perdue by north of 50 points and Raff would avoid a runoff, I think you'd have a lot more candidates taking a serious look at the race.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #588 on: July 12, 2022, 08:27:26 AM »

So now Walker's "new rebooted campaign" is... double downing on his comments and making sure they stay in the news?

UncleSam

« Reply #589 on: July 12, 2022, 10:26:11 AM »

So now Walker's "new rebooted campaign" is... double downing on his comments and making sure they stay in the news?

Read the press release and not really sure what either you or the random tweeters’ commentary is about. Seems like standard red meat ‘blame China hoo-rah’ to me.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #590 on: July 12, 2022, 11:22:49 AM »

Read the press release and not really sure what either you or the random tweeters’ commentary is about. Seems like standard red meat ‘blame China hoo-rah’ to me.

because it's all tied to Walker's insane comments. If this wasn't connected to that, it's different, but now every time their China attack on Warnock comes up, it's going to be directly attached to Walker's original comments. Of all the things you could attack Warnock on, why are you making sure that Walker's flubs stay attached to it?
Yoda
United States

« Reply #591 on: July 12, 2022, 03:52:34 PM »

Does anyone else (kind of) feel bad for Walker? He's an awful guy no doubt, but it seems like he has some serious mental health issues. The man needs help and is in no state to be running a statewide political campaign.

Yes, I do feel sympathy for Walker to a certain extent, b/c this man is clearly not all there and is dealing with some pretty apparent health issues, and is embarrassing himself almost daily on the national stage. He obviously needs help.

But I also feel a lot of anger toward whatever powerful right-wing interest and/or players- whether it was the Koch machine, the CoC, or whoever - convinced this clearly troubled and likely easily fooled man that he should run for Senate in the state of Georgia, all so that he could maybe be another warm republican body that is controlled by the pro-deregulation, pro-tax cuts for the ultra wealthy, pro-christofascist federal judges right wing apparatus. God damn whatever powerful interests that be that are pulling this poor dolt's strings for their own selfish interests. These clips of him are atrocious, embarrassing, and CRUEL.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #592 on: July 12, 2022, 05:32:04 PM »

It is really very strange. My initial inclination would be to say that it's weird that better candidates didn't bite, but we all thought Brnovich was a favorite for the seat a couple years back and he's getting smoked. I think the more likely culprit is that the two forces which dominate Republican primaries are base fanaticism and personal loyalty to Trump, neither of which is particularly aligned with electability concerns.

This isn't necessarily a good explanation for Georgia specifically, though; as can be seen in the gubernatorial primary, the party here seems to be more less fanatical and less Trump dominated. I think a couple of factors came into play here: 1. A number of state figures who probably would have been great recruits otherwise, particularly Raff, Geoff Duncan, and Chris Carr, are now known primarily as RINOs after the 2020 hullabaloo, which would probably not help them in a primary, *especially* one where they don't benefit from incumbency; 2. Walker's name rec and Trump cred is a potent combination even in a state like Georgia; and 3. People didn't realize the extent of that influence when weighing whether or not to jump in; if you told people at the beginning of the campaign that Kemp would smash Perdue by north of 50 points and Raff would avoid a runoff, I think you'd have a lot more candidates taking a serious look at the race.

Yeah, anyone could (and many did) predict on the basis of ten years ago that Republican lack of interest in good government would hurt them around the country, but in the specific case of Georgia we can't blame the Republican electorate directly, since Walker faced no substantive opposition. It was strange to me that he was seen as such an obvious winner because a) we have a track record of star college football players or coaches not doing so hot, even in Republican primaries, and b) nobody younger than 45 even remembers when Herschel Walker was a Bulldog.

Walker did have an obvious advantage aside from his football career in that he was associated with neither the Deal/Cagle faction (which supported Collins in 2020) or the Kemp faction (which supported Loeffler in 2020) and because his loyalty to the leader has been secure ever since he signed a lifetime personal services contract with the New Jersey Generals almost forty years ago. Given the decisive result of the presidential intervention in the 2018 gubernatorial primary, who would want to fight that?

In retrospect, it's easy to see how another Republican would have won: emphasize commitment to orthodox Republican policy rather than talking about absolute personal loyalty and dump all the opposition research that's clearly out there. A year ago, I don't think it was reasonable to think that that would work.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #593 on: July 13, 2022, 08:52:50 AM »

Warnock raised $17.2M in Q2, while Walker only raised $6M

https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/1547158905838456833
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #594 on: July 13, 2022, 08:57:51 AM »
« Edited: July 13, 2022, 09:01:10 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

LA Might go to a runoff if Kennedy doesn't get 50% but it's a Dec Runoff, Nixon has the best chance of winning we haven't seen any polls but the last poll had Kennedy 54% Chambers 17 and Nixon 7% Kennedy well below 60, I am rooting for Mixon he would beat Kennedy in a Dec Runoff not Chambers if it was a Jan Runoff Chambers can win

GA is a runoff state it's unlikely that Kemp will avoid a Jan Runoff if Walker doesn't get to 50%, also OR, WA, CO are all VBM it's possible that Betsy Johnson whom is still a D with Ron Wyden on the ballot beat Kotek by 500

These states especially the Senate and Govs aren't gonna be resolved with instant gratification it's VBM look how long it took us to count PA R primary, of course Rs want to declare victory they think they won and it's not Labor Day we need to wait until Labor Day to see the polls
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #595 on: July 14, 2022, 10:37:20 AM »

Why did Mitch McConnell and Rick Scott recruit Herschel Walker to run in the first place? Had they instead endorsed Kelvin King or Geoff Duncan, then this would have been a safe Republican pickup. Herschel Walker will still likely win by around 50 votes or less in the end, which will be a big underperformance to say the least.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #596 on: July 14, 2022, 11:00:17 AM »
« Edited: July 14, 2022, 11:03:34 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

The Gas prices and airline tickets are dropping fast that's why Ds are winning again, and it's now 290 fir a round trip ticket, inflation is still high but it's not revolving around gas prices it's revolving around rents which brings up more rental assistance if D's take control

We have had no Section 8 opened back up it was only rental assistance and it was during Boehner tenure when the last one was open,but Gas prices going downis helping Ds

Uses that vote R don't realize what a powerful D Trifecta will do Voting Rights, Section 8 since 2014, Reparations, DC statehood it benefits everyone that D's get the Trifecta, and lastly Student loans Discharge by raising Corporate taxes to 28 percent from 20 percent, we're not at 9 percent unemployment they do t need to be 20 percent that was only supposed to be temp, no one says back to 35
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #597 on: July 14, 2022, 10:24:33 PM »

Christian Walker is trending on Twitter again. Yesterday he harassed singer Kehlani at the Starbucks drive through. Apparently he was also accosting workers over the display of pride flags.

https://theshaderoom.com/update-kehlani-says-christian-walker-was-losing-his-mind-over-gay-trans-flags-in-the-starbucks-window/
Yoda
United States

« Reply #598 on: July 14, 2022, 11:51:10 PM »

Christian Walker is trending on Twitter again. Yesterday he harassed singer Kehlani at the Starbucks drive through. Apparently he was also accosting workers over the display of pride flags.

https://theshaderoom.com/update-kehlani-says-christian-walker-was-losing-his-mind-over-gay-trans-flags-in-the-starbucks-window/

I believe it's 100% appropriate to judge a political candidate by how their children turn out. Walker's kid is entitled, vain, ignorant, spoiled, trashy, classless and stupid. It speaks volumes about his father.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #599 on: July 15, 2022, 11:59:15 AM »

I believe it's 100% appropriate to judge a political candidate by how their children turn out. Walker's kid is entitled, vain, ignorant, spoiled, trashy, classless and stupid. It speaks volumes about his father.

I don’t mean this in the wrong way but both Walkers seem to have underlying problems with their mental state.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 147  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies