When does MI-04 flip?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:33:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  When does MI-04 flip?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: When does MI-04 flip?

It stays R for the whole decade

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: When does MI-04 flip?  (Read 386 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 04, 2023, 07:23:57 PM »

When does MI-04, Bill Huizenga's seat, flip?
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 07:49:54 AM »

This was 54.4% - 42.5% in 2022 and the D candidate was Joseph Alfonso.  I think this became bluer in redistricting.  It's not completely impossible that it would flip but it's going to require, like PA-10, an excellent candidate from Team Blue.  (I wonder if this district has any Democratic representation in the legislature.)
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2023, 12:37:52 PM »

Jessica Swartz seems like a great candidate for the district.   She worked on getting the independent redistricting ballot measure passed and is a good campaigner.

By contrast Huizenga is a bland and boring generic R,  he has a political family name but not much else.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2023, 03:27:51 PM »

Jessica Swartz seems like a great candidate for the district.   She worked on getting the independent redistricting ballot measure passed and is a good campaigner.

By contrast Huizenga is a bland and boring generic R,  he has a political family name but not much else.
He also might run for senate, which would leave rs with an open primary
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2023, 02:05:58 PM »

It was double-digit Republican in 2022, which in Michigan only saw a totally ridiculous Democratic turnout advantage and quasi-landslide conditions. My guess is it remains so safe that it will remain Republican until the current set of trends is replaced by a different set of trends. (Something like this is also my opinion on the state of Kansas -- the Democratic trend there is obviously real, but it's so red that the amount of time necessary for the state to actually flip means that the trend will probably be interrupted by something).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2023, 03:09:02 PM »

It was double-digit Republican in 2022, which in Michigan only saw a totally ridiculous Democratic turnout advantage and quasi-landslide conditions. My guess is it remains so safe that it will remain Republican until the current set of trends is replaced by a different set of trends. (Something like this is also my opinion on the state of Kansas -- the Democratic trend there is obviously real, but it's so red that the amount of time necessary for the state to actually flip means that the trend will probably be interrupted by something).

The Democrat in 2022 was a random nobody sacrificial lamb.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies