GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:34:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 140489 times)
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« on: June 09, 2021, 12:58:09 PM »

Maybe Herschel Walker is sleepwalking to victory?
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 03:39:18 PM »

Maybe Herschel Walker is sleepwalking to victory?

Or he just isn't gonna run?
If he doesn’t run, then Raphael Warnock probably survives by about 2%. .
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 11:10:26 AM »

The Georgia Republican Assembly endorsed Kelvin King.

King would be a tougher opponent than Walker. He's not insane and his family is not controversial.

Fortunately he's polling at like 2%.
Kelvin King likely would have defeated Raphael Warnock by a Sam Nunn 1990 style margin and likely would have won every county in Georgia. Herschel Walker, on the other hand, I feel will defeat Raphael Warnock with a David Perdue 2014 margin at best.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2022, 10:37:20 AM »

Does anyone else (kind of) feel bad for Walker? He's an awful guy no doubt, but it seems like he has some serious mental health issues. The man needs help and is in no state to be running a statewide political campaign.
Why did Mitch McConnell and Rick Scott recruit Herschel Walker to run in the first place? Had they instead endorsed Kelvin King or Geoff Duncan, then this would have been a safe Republican pickup. Herschel Walker will still likely win by around 50 votes or less in the end, which will be a big underperformance to say the least.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 03:55:10 PM »

Herschel Walker is pretty much a joke of a candidate. It boggles the mind why Mitch McConnell and Rick Scott opted to recruit him to run. Had Geoff Duncan or Kelvin King won the nomination, then they would have likely defeated Raphael Warnock by a Saxby Chambliss 2002 or Mack Mattingly 1980 margin.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2022, 04:48:57 PM »

I remembered today we have the joy of seeing Walker because of the hilariously stupid decision to appoint Kelly Loeffler

Who do you think would have done better? Do you think that Doug Collins would have won the runoff even as David Perdue lost?
I doubt it, though he would have done a little bit better than Kelly Loeffler. Doug Collins is a pretty interesting politician, as he is very conservative and a MAGA guy, but actually has a decent record on civil rights for African Americans from what I have read.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2022, 02:08:41 PM »

Herschel seems like a nice man and a good athlete, but he ain't cut out for the job.

If Republicans were looking at the athlete route, they should have looked at Tom Glavine or some other Georgian great.

My final prediction: Warnock 51, Walker 49

Warnock retires from politics in '28. He gets voting rights legislation done in his career.
Probably more like 53-47 in favor of Raphael Warnock if I had to guess. This will be the last runoff he faces, as he will be a lifer in the Senate if he decided not to go for President or Governor. Jon Ossoff will likely be a lifer as well as long as Brian Kemp doesn’t run against him in 2026.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies