GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 01:24:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 145619 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: August 18, 2022, 05:47:26 PM »

I-

I think part of the issue with Walker is he doesn't really have any political or even public service achievements that would make him qualified for office. Noem is basically just saying vote for Walker cause... "he's been in every fight to save America" whatever that means.

This is the problem when you run celeberties. Also the way Noem is talking to him as if he's like a toddler or smtg is just lol.
forsythvoter

« Reply #676 on: August 18, 2022, 05:59:35 PM »

Not sure if others feel the same way, but I do think one thing that makes it difficult to for me to support Walker despite not loving the Dems' agenda is that I literally find it hard to understand and follow his thinking and speech. He seems to have half-formed "opinions" on substantive topics without really being able to articulate why those are the right policies and how those opinions (translated into policies) would lead to a better quality of life for Georgians. It just creates an overall impression for me that he's not really a serious candidate for Senator, which in turn makes it seem like Warnock is the safer choice.

Are you leaning Kemp for Gov, and what could Walker do to ultimately get your vote (or on the converse Warnock do to lose it).

I guess you could say I'm leaning Kemp for Gov, but I've only recently started tuning in.  He's overall done a good job with the state's budget and hasn't focused on hot button social issues, and I tend to favor the incumbent all else being equal. It doesn't hurt that he's largely stood up to Trump, which I respect. I am concerned a R trifecta will pursue a draconian abortion ban so depending on what I hear about Kemp's plan there, I could be persuaded to back Abrams.

For the senate race, I think Walker needs to present much better in the debates (assuming he even agrees to them, which i think he should because I don't think he's made a great first impression) than he has over the last few months for me to seriously consider voting for him. Childcare, inflation, deficit reduction, and reluctantly abortion are my top voting issues and I want to understand how each candidate will address these 4 areas.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #677 on: August 18, 2022, 06:21:47 PM »

Not sure if others feel the same way, but I do think one thing that makes it difficult to for me to support Walker despite not loving the Dems' agenda is that I literally find it hard to understand and follow his thinking and speech. He seems to have half-formed "opinions" on substantive topics without really being able to articulate why those are the right policies and how those opinions (translated into policies) would lead to a better quality of life for Georgians. It just creates an overall impression for me that he's not really a serious candidate for Senator, which in turn makes it seem like Warnock is the safer choice.

Good to see you back!  It's been a while.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #678 on: August 18, 2022, 08:27:43 PM »

In fairness to Walker, I do wonder if his speech issues might be partially due to some sort of brain damage from his football career.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #679 on: August 19, 2022, 07:32:15 AM »

In fairness to Walker, I do wonder if his speech issues might be partially due to some sort of brain damage from his football career.

I think this is likely. And while that's sad (if it's the case) it doesn't excuse him from harsh criticism.

And omg, the way Noem is talking to and about Walker in that video above. It's like she's talking to a child.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #680 on: August 19, 2022, 07:40:13 AM »

Are you leaning Kemp for Gov, and what could Walker do to ultimately get your vote (or on the converse Warnock do to lose it).

I guess you could say I'm leaning Kemp for Gov, but I've only recently started tuning in.  He's overall done a good job with the state's budget and hasn't focused on hot button social issues, and I tend to favor the incumbent all else being equal. It doesn't hurt that he's largely stood up to Trump, which I respect. I am concerned a R trifecta will pursue a draconian abortion ban so depending on what I hear about Kemp's plan there, I could be persuaded to back Abrams.

For the senate race, I think Walker needs to present much better in the debates (assuming he even agrees to them, which i think he should because I don't think he's made a great first impression) than he has over the last few months for me to seriously consider voting for him. Childcare, inflation, deficit reduction, and reluctantly abortion are my top voting issues and I want to understand how each candidate will address these 4 areas.

Seems like we will be voting pretty much the same way this year for Senate and Gov. I can’t stand Abrams and I think it’s very clear she has no actual interest in being Governor of Georgia. She just wants to be President. I’m skeptical there will be that many ticket splitters though.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #681 on: August 19, 2022, 07:57:47 AM »

Seems like we will be voting pretty much the same way this year for Senate and Gov. I can’t stand Abrams and I think it’s very clear she has no actual interest in being Governor of Georgia. She just wants to be President. I’m skeptical there will be that many ticket splitters though.

Y'all will probably be only a few percent of the total vote, but in this closely divided state I expect that will be enough for a split Kemp/Warnock result.  (I strongly doubt there will be many Abrams/Walker ticket splitters.)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #682 on: August 19, 2022, 07:02:34 PM »

The Macon debate will still be held between Senator Warnock and Chase Oliver, the Libertarian candidate, in front of a live audience.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #683 on: August 19, 2022, 07:06:02 PM »

LMAO so wait after all those weird videos of Walker saying that Warnock was too scared... Walker is just not gonna show up?

Hope they have an empty podium for him.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #684 on: August 19, 2022, 07:20:55 PM »

I'd like to be redouble those sentiments.
It's nice to hear from a local and a swing voter, to boot.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #685 on: August 19, 2022, 07:26:31 PM »

LMAO so wait after all those weird videos of Walker saying that Warnock was too scared... Walker is just not gonna show up?

Yeah. They should.
Walker's rhetoric on debates really seems to be an attempt at hide what really is all bark and no bite. Goes back to the amateurism issue...
forsythvoter

« Reply #686 on: August 19, 2022, 08:32:14 PM »

Y'all will probably be only a few percent of the total vote, but in this closely divided state I expect that will be enough for a split Kemp/Warnock result.  (I strongly doubt there will be many Abrams/Walker ticket splitters.)

I agree ticket splitters are increasingly rare in the polarized world we live in but I do think more than a few voters still tend to give the incumbent the benefit of the doubt - "i.e., if they haven't done anything memorably controversial or offensive, no reason to kick them out." I think this works to both Kemp and Warnock's favor.
forsythvoter

« Reply #687 on: August 19, 2022, 08:35:57 PM »

Appreciate it and good to see so many familiar faces still on here! i usually tune into politics for 3 months every 2 years and try to focus on other things when it's not election season to preserve my sanity Smiley.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #688 on: August 19, 2022, 08:40:06 PM »

Good to see you back!  It's been a while.

Appreciate it and good to see so many familiar faces still on here! i usually tune into politics for 3 months every 2 years and try to focus on other things when it's not election season to preserve my sanity Smiley.
Best of luck in your life, man!
It's interesting to hear from you.
Not all valuable posters are here all months of the year.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #689 on: August 20, 2022, 08:02:08 AM »

They should do that and more. Have a tv at his podium and play clips of his boneheaded responses to various questions.

If he isn’t going to show up, I hope they eviscerate him via ads and debates. What a loser candidate.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #690 on: August 20, 2022, 11:48:48 AM »

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #691 on: August 20, 2022, 12:04:49 PM »

2022 GOP campaign must probably be one of the most hilariously bad campaigns of any major political party in the western world in more than half a decade. "How to mess up" for dummies.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #692 on: August 20, 2022, 12:34:09 PM »

2022 GOP campaign must probably be one of the most hilariously bad campaigns of any major political party in the western world in more than half a decade. "How to mess up" for dummies.
Let’s wait until AFTER the election to say this. For all you know polls aren’t catching actual sentiment.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #693 on: August 21, 2022, 11:17:58 AM »

Let’s wait until AFTER the election to say this. For all you know polls aren’t catching actual sentiment.

Even if Republicans do well in the midterms, that doesn’t mean that candidates ran good races. They’d have won in spite of their efforts, not because of them.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #694 on: August 21, 2022, 11:20:35 AM »

I’m struggling to think of who exactly an Abrams Walker voter would be. Maybe a very low info Democrat who is into sports?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #695 on: August 21, 2022, 03:57:46 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #696 on: August 21, 2022, 03:58:46 PM »

Is this guy really that dumb?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #697 on: August 21, 2022, 04:00:05 PM »

All of those concussions from his football career have really fried his brain.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #698 on: August 21, 2022, 04:07:49 PM »

Sadly, I believe this is probably true.  He seems to be much less articulate than he was several years ago.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #699 on: August 21, 2022, 05:12:46 PM »

Sadly, I believe this is probably true.  He seems to be much less articulate than he was several years ago.

As someone who has a dad who played college and high school football suffering many, many concussions in the process id agree
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 147  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies