PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:05:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 290070 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4375 on: October 07, 2022, 08:21:46 AM »

Oz doesn't even bother giving a comment about yesterdays news

Candidate A: I have plan to do X or stop Y.
Candidate B: I'm already implementing that plan.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4376 on: October 07, 2022, 08:27:56 AM »

Yeah, if you're from the Philly area, you know how bad this is for Oz. Gardner is apolitical as it gets, so the fact that he even said anything is interesting-

This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4377 on: October 07, 2022, 08:53:21 AM »

Yeah, if you're from the Philly area, you know how bad this is for Oz. Gardner is apolitical as it gets, so the fact that he even said anything is interesting-

Gardner is a legend. This is truly a sign of how dismal things are for Oz.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4378 on: October 07, 2022, 09:17:11 AM »

Do you think Oz is as "good as dead" at this point?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4379 on: October 07, 2022, 09:18:40 AM »

Given the last week, at the very least, if there was any "momentum shift" towards Oz, I think it's gone.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4380 on: October 07, 2022, 09:22:08 AM »

Given the last week, at the very least, if there was any "momentum shift" towards Oz, I think it's gone.

It will be embarrassing for Republicans if Oz loses next month. Aside from the two years when Arlen Specter switched parties, they have held this seat for most of the past half-century. No Democrat has won an election for this seat since 1962. If Republicans had nominated Reschenthaler, they would be on track to easily hold it.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4381 on: October 07, 2022, 09:39:52 AM »

Nah, PA has too many variables to declare a race "safe", but Oz has certainly been running one of the worst campaigns in recent memory.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #4382 on: October 07, 2022, 09:52:18 AM »

Oz going all in on the crime issue it seems.
Brookins claims he's innocent. Fetterman should be pushing back against this and he's just not

Yes, because Fetterman has not responded to this single tweet yet, he's not "pushing back against this". You're insufferable sometimes.

The way that Oz has taken black men who are innocent and used them to try and bolster his flailing campaign is downright disgusting
I didn't mean this tweet specifically. Oz has used thus attack before this several times and I don't think Fetterman has ever pushed back against it. I mean maybe he has and I just haven't seen it yet.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4383 on: October 07, 2022, 10:07:45 AM »

Oz going all in on the crime issue it seems.
Brookins claims he's innocent. Fetterman should be pushing back against this and he's just not

Yes, because Fetterman has not responded to this single tweet yet, he's not "pushing back against this". You're insufferable sometimes.

The way that Oz has taken black men who are innocent and used them to try and bolster his flailing campaign is downright disgusting
I didn't mean this tweet specifically. Oz has used thus attack before this several times and I don't think Fetterman has ever pushed back against it. I mean maybe he has and I just haven't seen it yet.

His new ad with DSCC literally has a part where he "gave people a second chance" and features the other 2 black men who Oz/GOP have assailed - the ones that are volunteering on Fetterman's campaign who were wrongly convicted of murder
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4384 on: October 07, 2022, 12:34:33 PM »

It will be embarrassing for Republicans if Oz loses next month. Aside from the two years when Arlen Specter switched parties, they have held this seat for most of the past half-century. No Democrat has won an election for this seat since 1962. If Republicans had nominated Reschenthaler, they would be on track to easily hold it.

Honestly, I'm not convinced that Reschenthaler would've beaten Fetterman either although he'd have certainly had a better shot than Oz. 
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4385 on: October 07, 2022, 12:41:25 PM »

Honestly, I'm not convinced that Reschenthaler would've beaten Fetterman either although he'd have certainly had a better shot than Oz. 

What about DeFoor or Garrity, the two Republican statewide officeholders?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4386 on: October 07, 2022, 12:48:03 PM »

Chaser: the fundraiser was hosted by Matt Gaetz's in-laws.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4387 on: October 07, 2022, 12:56:38 PM »

I thought Gaetz was a bachelor.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4388 on: October 07, 2022, 01:01:35 PM »

I thought Gaetz was a bachelor.

He's married.  The event chair was Palmer Luckey, the founder of Oculus VR and brother of Gaetz’s wife, Ginger.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #4389 on: October 07, 2022, 01:14:44 PM »

DeFoor would slaughter Fetterman but I think he's waiting for later. He could run against Oz in the primary/Fetterman in the general or against Shapiro in 2026. He could run against Casey but the latter has so much crossover appeal I think it would be an uphill battle for him.
Garrity however, is nuts. She's like Robinson in that she slipped by not being noticed.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4390 on: October 07, 2022, 01:23:04 PM »

Two cucks walk into a fundraiser...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4391 on: October 07, 2022, 01:31:11 PM »

DeFoor would slaughter Fetterman but I think he's waiting for later. He could run against Oz in the primary/Fetterman in the general or against Shapiro in 2026. He could run against Casey but the latter has so much crossover appeal I think it would be an uphill battle for him.
Garrity however, is nuts. She's like Robinson in that she slipped by not being noticed.

Garrity would be a walking dumpster fire.  DeFoor vs. Fetterman would be a lot like Reschenthaler vs. Fetterman: a tossup that could easily go either way.  Republicans really needed to figure out a way to get Fitzpatrick through a statewide primary or convince Toomey to run again.  Fortunately, they couldn’t do either and Fetterman will likely win next month (and go on to be a phenomenal Senator).
kwabbit

« Reply #4392 on: October 07, 2022, 01:43:47 PM »

Garrity would be a walking dumpster fire.  DeFoor vs. Fetterman would be a lot like Reschenthaler vs. Fetterman: a tossup that could easily go either way.  Republicans really needed to figure out a way to get Fitzpatrick through a statewide primary or convince Toomey to run again.  Fortunately, they couldn’t do either and Fetterman will likely win next month (and go on to be a phenomenal Senator).

I think Fitzpatrick would've easily won the primary this year. Oz and McCormick were both carpetbaggers who were barely Republicans and they combined for 62%. A popular sitting congressman, who would've gotten the endorsement of basically every Republican official, would've been a slam dunk, even if he's a moderate who has clashed with Trump (although never voted yes on impeachment). Oz and McCormick would not have run likely. A Fitzpatrick vs. Barnette primary would not have been all that competitive.

I'm assuming he has his reasons for not running, but if he wanted to be a Senator, this was his opportunity.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4393 on: October 07, 2022, 01:54:44 PM »

Garrity would be a walking dumpster fire.  DeFoor vs. Fetterman would be a lot like Reschenthaler vs. Fetterman: a tossup that could easily go either way.  Republicans really needed to figure out a way to get Fitzpatrick through a statewide primary or convince Toomey to run again.  Fortunately, they couldn’t do either and Fetterman will likely win next month (and go on to be a phenomenal Senator).

I think Fitzpatrick would've easily won the primary this year. Oz and McCormick were both carpetbaggers who were barely Republicans and they combined for 62%. A popular sitting congressman, who would've gotten the endorsement of basically every Republican official, would've been a slam dunk, even if he's a moderate who has clashed with Trump (although never voted yes on impeachment). Oz and McCormick would not have run likely. A Fitzpatrick vs. Barnette primary would not have been all that competitive.

I'm assuming he has his reasons for not running, but if he wanted to be a Senator, this was his opportunity.

Fitzpatrick tends to underperform in Republican primaries in his district.  Typically he only gets about ~63% against random some dude far-right nutcases with no institutional or financial support.  I also think Trump would’ve backed whoever emerged as Fitzpatrick’s main primary opponent (and someone definitely would’ve mounted a credible campaign against him in the primary, although I agree McCormick probably doesn’t run in this scenario).  

I think Fitzpatrick didn’t run b/c he did his own internal polling and concluded he probably didn’t have a great path to victory in the primary, so he opted to just run for re-election instead. 
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4394 on: October 07, 2022, 02:00:19 PM »

I didn't know this, but that certainly narrows the number of options for Republicans.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4395 on: October 07, 2022, 02:19:21 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2022, 04:28:09 PM by Person Man »

Was it to raise money for a cure for involuntary celibacy?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #4396 on: October 07, 2022, 04:33:35 PM »

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4397 on: October 07, 2022, 04:34:44 PM »

Come on, bro! What did Hitler ever do to you?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4398 on: October 07, 2022, 05:01:02 PM »

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4399 on: October 07, 2022, 05:22:16 PM »