PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 07:00:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 289853 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2675 on: June 03, 2022, 10:22:40 PM »

OK, anyone that seriously votes for Oz over Fetterman because the later has a heart condition is an idiot of the highest caliber.

But I have a bad feeling this will be the EMAILZ of this election.

There has never been an election where somebody’s health problems hurt them

The 1992 NC Senate race between Terry Sanford and Lauch Faircloth sure was. Maybe you're too young to recall it.

Tom Carper vs. Bill Roth in 2000 was another one.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2676 on: June 03, 2022, 10:35:44 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2022, 10:43:52 PM by See How Many People Believe You »

My worry here isn't that Fetterman will lose votes from voters worried about his heart condition.  It's that Fetterman won't be able to campaign very much, or that he'll die in office and we'll have a special election to replace him instead of a full six-year term.

I don't think he should be replaced or anything but anyone acting like this isn't a big deal is kidding themselves and Fetterman needs to be more candid about what's up.  Just hiding in his house for weeks and then releasing a note that says "yeah I have a serious condition and haven't seen a doctor about it for five years, but trust me everything's fine" isn't exactly reassuring.

That's a fair take. You're too attached to the Democrats to not vote for him after all. Wink

For now, our great medical professionals have given him the A-OK so that's okay with me.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #2677 on: June 03, 2022, 11:49:23 PM »

The year is 2917;

progressives and neolibs are still fighting about the 2016 primary
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2678 on: June 04, 2022, 04:28:56 AM »

The year is 2917;

Hey now, you're being too harsh to the neolibs. They'd at least back Fetterman. Tongue

But in all seriousness, if the MAGAcrats give me such good proof of their lack of respect for the democratic process, I'd be a fool not to take it.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2679 on: June 04, 2022, 07:28:47 AM »

Man.  Fretting and concern trolling over Fetterman's condition (when he's been given a green light to campaign and go forward) all the while singing the nonstop praises of President Confused Dementia Grandpa wandering around on stage shaking hands with imaginary people and talking nonsense.  I remember this sick, sad game during the primary with Bernie who's out there throwing first pitches at Vermont baseball games at 81 years old.  

For people whose entire interest in politics revolves around elections and only elections and all the BS that goes with it, they're not very good at this.  You need to seem at least a little NOT completely-full-of-sh*t, fellers!
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #2680 on: June 04, 2022, 09:56:56 AM »

Cheesy
picture uploader
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #2681 on: June 04, 2022, 12:26:01 PM »

Democratic insiders would rather a Republican win
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2682 on: June 04, 2022, 12:32:27 PM »

He will at least be fine to debate, since there'll be a heart surgeon up on stage with him in case anything goes wrong.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2683 on: June 04, 2022, 12:36:45 PM »

PA, do users know who we have in PA Bob Casey Jr he is working class just like John Fetterman that's why Fetterman appeals to blue collar Voters, that's why Trump leading in polls against Biden is HOGWASH because Bob Casey Jr is up in 24 and Trump won't win PA
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2684 on: June 05, 2022, 04:28:10 PM »

OK, anyone that seriously votes for Oz over Fetterman because the later has a heart condition is an idiot of the highest caliber.

Mark Kirk's stroke completely ruined him.

Mark Kirk was going to lose reelection regardless of his stroke.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2685 on: June 05, 2022, 04:43:04 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2022, 04:49:56 PM by Roll Roons »

Mark Kirk's stroke completely ruined him.

Mark Kirk was going to lose reelection regardless of his stroke.

Yes, but his stroke caused him to lose worse than he should have. It made it much harder for him to physically campaign and he said a bunch of dumb things because he lost his filter.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #2686 on: June 05, 2022, 04:47:59 PM »

The year is 2917;

Neither of these groups will exist in 2917.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2687 on: June 05, 2022, 05:01:54 PM »

This is the biggest nothing burger ever unless he actually is in a state where he's close to his deathbed.

Someone just look at a list of US Senators on wiki. How many you think have health problems?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2688 on: June 06, 2022, 09:25:01 AM »

Kinda surprised Oz officially winning hasn't gotten more coverage on here or anywhere else, that's kind of a gamechanger for the general election.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #2689 on: June 06, 2022, 12:26:36 PM »

You sound like a conspiracy theorist. The following things can all be true at once:

a) so-called "establishment" Democrats are disappointed at Fetterman's primary victory for a number of potential reasons - in my case / many people's case, his unwillingness to demonstrate remorse for the jogger incident and his seeming lack of interest in winning over black voters
b) the same people mentioned in (a) recognize that Fetterman is far superior to Oz (in the sense that any Democrat is far superior to any Republican), and will vote for Fetterman if they live in PA
c) the same people mentioned in (a) are concerned that Fetterman's health could impair his ability to campaign / serve, and wish he had been more transparent about it, but will not vote or behave differently because of this

Not sure what's so hard to understand here.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #2690 on: June 06, 2022, 02:02:35 PM »

You sound like a conspiracy theorist. The following things can all be true at once:

a) so-called "establishment" Democrats are disappointed at Fetterman's primary victory for a number of potential reasons - in my case / many people's case, his unwillingness to demonstrate remorse for the jogger incident and his seeming lack of interest in winning over black voters
b) the same people mentioned in (a) recognize that Fetterman is far superior to Oz (in the sense that any Democrat is far superior to any Republican), and will vote for Fetterman if they live in PA
c) the same people mentioned in (a) are concerned that Fetterman's health could impair his ability to campaign / serve, and wish he had been more transparent about it, but will not vote or behave differently because of this

I don't really understand this point, Fetterman almost certainly won Black Pennsylvanians in the primary, no?
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #2691 on: June 06, 2022, 02:45:22 PM »

I don't really understand this point, Fetterman almost certainly won Black Pennsylvanians in the primary, no?

Not saying he didn't. Saying he's made no explicit effort to build bridges / establish trust with black voters, specifically - a critical Dem demographic of course and a group whose turnout rate in November could win or lose Fetterman the election. He doesn't spend much time speaking on issues of specific importance to black constituencies, either. Basically just seems like he doesn't care.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2692 on: June 06, 2022, 02:52:09 PM »

I think Oz wins by mid-single digits. Fetterman is running a very lazy campaign. Sad!
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2693 on: June 06, 2022, 02:53:30 PM »

I think Oz wins by mid-single digits. Fetterman is running a very lazy campaign. Sad!

...... he's been out because of the stroke the last few weeks ....

I'm convinced you're just a robot at this point.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2694 on: June 06, 2022, 03:01:19 PM »

Even before the primary, he was just coasting on name recognition. That will not work against Oz, not in this environment.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2695 on: June 06, 2022, 03:37:28 PM »

Even before the primary, he was just coasting on name recognition. That will not work against Oz, not in this environment.

He was at one point in the primary, but that was not the case in the final 1-2 months of the campaign.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2696 on: June 06, 2022, 03:52:23 PM »

He was at one point in the primary, but that was not the case in the final 1-2 months of the campaign.

I think everyone should just follow my general rule, which is to ignore this user as they are not serious in their analysis and are clearly not following the campaigns of the candidates they concern troll about.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #2697 on: June 06, 2022, 03:59:51 PM »

Fetterman’s campaign was a very smartly run campaign. He knew he had enough name recognition and he knew he didn’t have to build it like Kenyatta or Lamb did, so he just stayed under the radar while the rest battled it out so he could rise above it all at the end and cruise to victory
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #2698 on: June 06, 2022, 06:40:22 PM »

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2699 on: June 06, 2022, 07:03:11 PM »

At first it was a couple days, then a couple weeks, now at least a month, this is really messed up.

If he's not going to be capable of campaigning then he needs to surrender the nomination and let the state party put Lamb on the ballot.  The sooner he does this, the sooner Lamb can build a campaign and we can put this mess behind us.  And I say this as someone who's not even particularly enthusiastic about Lamb as a statewide candidate since he didn't seem very good at the gig during the primary.

I hope it doesn't come to that, but the news only keeps getting worse, never better.  Let's not hand Oz the win for free just because we got too attached to a particular nominee who ended up incapacitated for the entire campaign.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies