PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:48:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 284184 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: January 08, 2021, 12:23:22 PM »

I’m still on board with Reschenthaler, because the others are too moderate for me.

As Reschenthaler's constituent, you do NOT want this guy in the U.S. Senate.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 08:11:55 PM »

This is being blown way out of proportion. His kid was outside and he thought he heard gunshots so he ran out with a shotgun. That seems pretty reasonable. Plus, the guy was wearing a mask. I'm not getting the whole "racial profiling" thing here.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 09:02:34 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2021, 09:34:08 PM by We Made PA Blue Again! »

This is being blown way out of proportion. His kid was outside and he thought he heard gunshots so he ran out with a shotgun. That seems pretty reasonable. Plus, the guy was wearing a mask. I'm not getting the whole "racial profiling" thing here.
Chasing someone down and detaining them when you're not a police officer is pretty reasonable lol y'all get blinded by these politicians personas so easily

I agree that he shouldn't have gone vigilante, but the issue still isn't as big as it's being made out to be.

If you thought your kid was in danger, you probably would've done the same thing in the heat of the moment.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 07:28:13 PM »

Lol Costello is cringe.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 08:51:29 PM »

Endorsements are flooding in for Malcolm. The PA Working Families Party has already endorsed him. I’m very excited to see him running, truth be told. If we had RCV, he’d be my second preference easily. I think we are in really good hands here in PA.

How do you peg the odds of Lamb, Houlahan, Wild, Dean getting in (each one individually)?

Low for all of them.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 11:39:39 PM »

Kathy Barnette, who unsuccessfully challenged Madeleine Dean in 2020, in:

Lol.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 10:43:51 PM »

I know as a more liberal site then not we mostly going to be talking about the dem primary but is there really no reps of note running or rumored of running?

I’ve heard Reschenthaler has been rumored to run, but I haven’t heard anything about him recently.

Him being the GOP nominee would probably be the best case scenario for the Dems.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 06:35:23 PM »

I know as a more liberal site then not we mostly going to be talking about the dem primary but is there really no reps of note running or rumored of running?

I’ve heard Reschenthaler has been rumored to run, but I haven’t heard anything about him recently.

Him being the GOP nominee would probably be the best case scenario for the Dems.

I disagree. Out of all the potential candidates, he scares me the most. Sure, he's a bit bland and uninspiring, but he's a hardline Trumpist, he's young, he's from western PA so he has that working class appeal, he's a veteran...but it all depends on whether or not the Trumpists will turn out for him without DJT on the ballot. He has the highest ceiling imo.

You do have a point. However, I definitely wouldn't say he has the highest ceiling. That would be Charlie Dent or Brian Fitzpatrick, imo, and neither of them are going to be the nominee.

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 03:49:17 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2021, 03:53:21 PM by Josh Shapiro for Governor »

Honestly, I'm not quite sure who I support at the moment. I guess I'm leaning towards Lamb, as I view him as the most electable. I'd switch over to Chrissy Houlahan's camp in a heartbeat if she runs.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2021, 05:19:37 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2021, 02:05:06 PM by Josh Shapiro for Governor »

Rescenthaler endorses Parnell
I was certain he was running for Senate. Welp, Parnell isn't a terrible candidate, I guess.

Wait, yes he is. He's an MTG redux and it would be easy to hammer him for his very vocal role in promoting the Big Lie (not to mention, never having conceded his own race). I'm not as bullish as some Dems on our chances in this race, but it feels extremely unlikely that Parnell could win statewide; he'd do sooooo poorly in the Philly burbs. Reschenthaler likely would've been the best candidate here.

This.

However, I disagree that Reschenthaler would've been the best candidate. He's as right-wing as Parnell is, and I don't see why he would do any better in the Philadelphia area. Either Charlie Dent or Brian Fitzpatrick would be the best candidate for the Republicans, but neither will be the nominee.  
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2021, 11:37:47 AM »

Houlahan NOT running.

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2021, 05:51:04 PM »

I honestly think the Democrats' chances of flipping this seat are being underrated. Yeah, the midterms are probably going to lean R overall, but the GOP bench here is just... terrible.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2021, 12:35:43 PM »

That’s a lame announcement video, certainly not indicative of a candidate who’s likely to attract a ton of crossover appeal. Much like the R field for OH-SEN, I find the Democrats' bench here (especially Lamb, but also Fetterman) to be fairly unimpressive/overrated, especially given how dominant the two parties have been in their respective states (at the local level, at least). Really think the margins in both races (and most other competitive races, to be fair) will be near-identical to Biden's approval-disapproval spread.

Overall, I think Democrats are being overrated in PA and AZ, slightly underrated in WI and NC, definitely underrated in GA, and somehow both over- and underrated in NH. Don’t even get me started on NV.

Have you seen the GOP field here?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2021, 12:45:14 PM »

Does no one remember 2017, this guy easily scares every GOP operative with a pulse. He's the candidate that has the best chance of winning. Besides one doomed vote on weed, He votes with the party. Yes, he's no Sanders but that isn't what's going to win in 2022

This.

The guy literally flipped a Trump +20 district in an election where Trump threw everything but the kitchen sink at.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2021, 06:39:07 PM »

I really want to win this race, and it is in my opinion that the man who was able to flip a Trump +20 district is the most capable.

Unfortunately, with Fetterman also running and Western PA's shrinking influence in D primaries, we'll probably get a nominee like Kenyatta or Arkoosh who will end up losing to Parnell.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2021, 09:31:38 PM »

Fetterman will win the primary, appear to be ahead in polling, but lose to Parnell by 3-5 points.

Oh, that's a funny one.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2021, 07:09:17 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2021, 04:50:35 PM by Josh Shapiro for Governor »

Seriously, anyone who thinks that a candidate who ran behind Biden in an area where downballot Democrats usually run ahead of Presidential numbers, and sometimes by a lot, is somehow their most electable choice is truly dumb.

He ran behind Biden by, like, .2%, which is statistically insignificant. And is that your Twitter you just plugged? lol
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2021, 11:38:36 AM »

David Xu in as a Republican

Who?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2021, 04:34:22 PM »

I really don't understand why some users on here keep insisting that Parnell is a good candidate.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2021, 05:33:08 PM »

"This won't change the fact that he is going to be the next Senator from Pennsylvania."

-SnowLabrador, probably soon.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2021, 11:31:24 AM »

Hurray. Another nationalized primary.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2021, 11:19:41 PM »

B list celebrities 🤝 The Republican Party

Name a more famous duo

Running Senate candidates in states they don't live in?

Oz lives in New Jersey.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2022, 01:10:53 PM »

His random and inappropriate uses of capitalization irks me.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2022, 02:45:32 PM »

I get we're in a heated primary battle, but these favs #s AMONG GOP PRIMARY VOTERS are just terrible for all 3 of them, especially Barnette, who has no reason to have that much of an unfav b/c shes only been hit in the last week!

I'd love to see a poll of Oz's favorability amongst all PA voters. I'd imagine it's pretty ugly.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2022, 04:28:10 PM »

OK, anyone that seriously votes for Oz over Fetterman because the later has a heart condition is an idiot of the highest caliber.

But I have a bad feeling this will be the EMAILZ of this election.

There has never been an election where somebody’s health problems hurt them

Mark Kirk's stroke completely ruined him.

Mark Kirk was going to lose reelection regardless of his stroke.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies