PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 06:20:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 290756 times)
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3575 on: August 25, 2022, 12:16:30 PM »

I guess maybe someone told him he has nothing to lose so he might as well go for the stroke thing in the most bombastic way possible and hope he gets some of the Trump fairy dust? Which strikes me as pretty misguided. He's no less than a modest underdog running in a state like PA in a Biden midterm even if he does literally nothing, no matter what the polls say. Why on Earth would you roll the dice like this
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3576 on: August 25, 2022, 12:32:51 PM »

Idk about you wbrocks (or my other PA peeps), but I've seen a LOT more Oz-attack ads (as in attack ads on Fetterman). 

They're nothing remarkable (John Fetterman will increase your taxes, John Fetterman will release dangerous criminals from prison, John Fetterman support sanctuary cities and illegal immigration, etc.)., but they're definitely appearing with greater frequency than ever before.  I was seeing an average of two ads during each commercial break while watching Jeopardy the other night. 

Yep, I think the CLF/NRSC money is really starting to pop right now because a few weeks ago I was definitely seeing more Fetterman ads but lately it's definitely been more Oz. I felt the same way with the Commonwealth Fund's anti-Shapiro ads, it felt like they were every ad break a few weeks back.

Fetterman recently launched a new TV ad, so I hope they continue to put money behind it. IT seems Shapiro is still attacking the airwaves a lot, so I hope Fetterman's campaign doesn't let up.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #3577 on: August 25, 2022, 03:37:04 PM »

Brutal.

This is targeted right at the rural crowd.
Dems no longer know how to appeal to rural America and this ad only amplifies it. Painting a TV show doctor celebrity born in Ohio as a Turkish radical is just hilarious. These strategists people think it's 2002 and rural voters are going to vote against someone because he is a Muslim. Anyway, Turkey is a member of NATO, and is actually doing more to help Ukraine than the US is lol.

This may be the most ignorant take I’ve ever read on this site. Holy hell that’s saying something.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3578 on: August 25, 2022, 03:50:22 PM »

Fair warning: don't start a Ukraine debate in this thread.  It's off-topic and the posts will be deleted.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3579 on: August 25, 2022, 03:53:11 PM »

I guess maybe someone told him he has nothing to lose so he might as well go for the stroke thing in the most bombastic way possible and hope he gets some of the Trump fairy dust? Which strikes me as pretty misguided. He's no less than a modest underdog running in a state like PA in a Biden midterm even if he does literally nothing, no matter what the polls say. Why on Earth would you roll the dice like this
But Oz has a lot of personal history working with miracle cures. Why wouldn't he roll the dice on something to heal his ailing campaign?
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #3580 on: August 25, 2022, 04:20:02 PM »

"Oz's spokeswoman says she doesn't speak for Oz" is by far one of the funniest things I've read this election cycle, maybe this decade.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3581 on: August 25, 2022, 06:37:27 PM »

The thing I find most striking about Oz's attacks on Fetterman's health is the implication from him and other GOPers that if you have a stroke, or any medical health incident, you... can never work again and be a productive member of society? Is he not allowed to still get things together in his recovery and slowly get back out there? Speech issues, which is obviously something to deal with after having a stroke, doesn't mean your ability to think clearly is impeded. If anything, it's a gross implication that just because you have a health incident and then try and recover, that you're not "good enough" to go back out into the workforce.

I would think, again, most rational people, would probably be very sympathetic to Fetterman's situation and know that you can't just bounce back 100% right after a health incident. Only ghouls would actually hold that against you.

Again, all of this coming from a "doctor" is 10x worrse.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3582 on: August 25, 2022, 07:19:24 PM »

Incredible ad! Some dark money super pac needs to spend millions of dollars micro targeting it to all of Pennsylvania’s most racist registered voters.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3583 on: August 26, 2022, 07:49:12 AM »

Per Politico, Oz's legitimate new campaign strategy is to attack Fetterman for his health.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/26/dr-oz-campaign-fetterman-00053810

This part though...

A Democratic pollster who conducts focus groups for campaigns in Pennsylvania said that swing voters don’t bring up Fetterman’s health problems themselves while discussing the Senate race, but when they are asked about it, they tend to find it relatable. The pollster was granted anonymity to describe proprietary research.

“50-year-old women from Delco, they’re like, ‘Oh yeah, that’s my husband,” said the pollster, referring to a Philadelphia suburb. “‘Oh God, are all men this way?’”

At the same time, Oz’s attacks about Fetterman’s health have turned off voters, the person said: “We heard it in our groups over and over. People just intrinsically don’t like the idea of attacking somebody for their health.”
Leading Political Consultant Ma Anand Sheela
Heat
Poland

« Reply #3584 on: August 26, 2022, 08:31:44 AM »

Incredible ad! Some dark money super pac needs to spend millions of dollars micro targeting it to all of Pennsylvania’s most racist registered voters.

This seems to be a joint venture by Greek and Armenian-American orgs, because of course it is. Trying to make Oz sound scary seems kinda pointless and counterproductive when the electorate is already inclined to think he's a joke.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #3585 on: August 26, 2022, 10:54:49 AM »

This seems to be a joint venture by Greek and Armenian-American orgs, because of course it is. Trying to make Oz sound scary seems kinda pointless and counterproductive when the electorate is already inclined to think he's a joke.

[Bronz voice] Will Greek family diner owners in Bethel Park hurt hard by Brandonflation and the supply chain crisis be Anxious™ enough about Oz' Ottoman revanchist beliefs to vote for the Braddock hunk? Many people are saying this
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #3586 on: August 26, 2022, 12:00:54 PM »

This is a little racist, but will probably be very effective. I had no idea he was not only still a practicing Muslim, but a member of Diyanet. That's like on par with scientology as an electoral albatross, getting a little to close to cult territory
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #3587 on: August 26, 2022, 01:27:26 PM »

This race will not be changed regardless of a Red wave or not. Even in my best case scenario for GOP in November, he still loses
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #3588 on: August 26, 2022, 01:32:57 PM »

Per Politico, Oz's legitimate new campaign strategy is to attack Fetterman for his health.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/26/dr-oz-campaign-fetterman-00053810

This part though...

A Democratic pollster who conducts focus groups for campaigns in Pennsylvania said that swing voters don’t bring up Fetterman’s health problems themselves while discussing the Senate race, but when they are asked about it, they tend to find it relatable. The pollster was granted anonymity to describe proprietary research.

“50-year-old women from Delco, they’re like, ‘Oh yeah, that’s my husband,” said the pollster, referring to a Philadelphia suburb. “‘Oh God, are all men this way?’”

At the same time, Oz’s attacks about Fetterman’s health have turned off voters, the person said: “We heard it in our groups over and over. People just intrinsically don’t like the idea of attacking somebody for their health.”

That's exactly what you do when you're winning...
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3589 on: August 26, 2022, 04:04:28 PM »

Of course people in the comments are whining that it's racist and xenophobic, saying we should go high when they go low. Did the past 6 years teach them nothing?

Also I love the dual citizenship attack line. I find it very bothersome when politicians hold dual citizenship. Pick a side, and stay there.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #3590 on: August 27, 2022, 06:24:22 AM »

Of course people in the comments are whining that it's racist and xenophobic, saying we should go high when they go low. Did the past 6 years teach them nothing?

Also I love the dual citizenship attack line. I find it very bothersome when politicians hold dual citizenship. Pick a side, and stay there.

Actually one of the more effective Democratic ads I’ve seen in a while. Almost on par with the Prostitutes over Patriots ad.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3591 on: August 27, 2022, 06:38:46 AM »

Actually one of the more effective Democratic ads I’ve seen in a while. Almost on par with the Prostitutes over Patriots ad.
For comparison reasons, I'd like to know...is the Prostitutes over Patriots ad on Youtube?
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

« Reply #3592 on: August 27, 2022, 07:25:12 AM »

For comparison reasons, I'd like to know...is the Prostitutes over Patriots ad on Youtube?

I think this is it (the first 30 seconds)? https://www.c-span.org/video/?400579-1/louisiana-gubernatorial-campaign-ads
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3593 on: August 27, 2022, 01:35:25 PM »

I think this is it (the first 30 seconds)? https://www.c-span.org/video/?400579-1/louisiana-gubernatorial-campaign-ads
Ah. Thanks.
That hits hard...
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3594 on: August 28, 2022, 01:00:02 PM »

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #3595 on: August 28, 2022, 01:55:58 PM »

Original photo:

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3596 on: August 28, 2022, 02:40:04 PM »

Original photo:

Yeah while it's kinda funny, you can instantly tell the photo is fake cause in order to hold a flat sign, one needs to have a grip on it in which you'd see their fingers going around the front. If it weren't for that, it would've been far more believable, especially since the woman holding the sign has somewhat of a smirk.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3597 on: August 28, 2022, 08:16:22 PM »

TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3598 on: August 28, 2022, 08:18:52 PM »

Points for cleverness.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3599 on: August 29, 2022, 11:09:24 AM »

Fetterman won't appear with Biden tomorrow in Wilkes-Barre due to a prior commitment, but WILL appear on Labor Day in Pittsburgh

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies