PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:43:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 284157 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« on: November 12, 2020, 02:18:07 PM »

I could easily see a Lamb vs. Fetterman primary on the Democratic see. Given how narrowly Lamb survived this year, he may not make it in 2022, even if this isn't a 2010 style midterm. Going for higher office that's more winnable may be the better option. Fetterman will definitely run for either senate or governor. Shapiro could go for latter as well.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 03:03:52 PM »

I would actually support Fetterman. He's one of the best members of the progressive wing, and having him in the senate would add an important voice to the body and the Democratic conference. What I like most about him is his authenticity. And while he's a progressive, he's not the kind of guy who trashes more moderate Democrats. He would make an excellent senator.

For the governorship, I think either Josh Shapiro or Conor Lamb would make the strongest Democratic candidates.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 03:34:45 PM »

I think it's possible state Republicans make a push to force Toomey back in later this year. He would have the best shot at winning. Not sure how much his soft Trump criticism would still be factor.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 05:18:22 AM »

100% endorse Fetterman. He's an interesting figure and one of the best progressive Democrats.

I think he has a good chance of winning, but really depends on several factors.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 02:28:01 PM »

I actually expected Fetterman to be virtually unopposed in the primary or maybe just one challenger who's a very moderate Democrat like Conor Lamb. Hopefully Tom Wolf endorses his second in command soon. Anyway, I like Fetterman and think he would be a fine addition to the senate caucus and a reasonable voice for the progressive wing. Although he's to my left, I wholeheartedly support his bid and hope he becomes a senator.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 04:30:15 AM »

How winnable is Lamb's new seat without an incumbent? I think Fetterman is the best senate candidate and the one I most want to win. He's the kind of progressive who can actually work to get something done because he appears to be someone who's a more integrating figure and not a divider. Furthermore, he has an interesting life story. Since congress should include people from all walks of life, his voice would be a very good addition.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2021, 01:40:02 PM »

Fetterman is Bob Casey Jr a Blue Dog just like Jelly, Jackson and Ryan whom all can win

Fetterman is no Blue Dog, he's a progressive. And one of the best representatives of that wing of the party.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2021, 02:18:44 PM »

Fetterman is Bob Casey Jr a Blue Dog just like Jelly, Jackson and Ryan whom all can win

Fetterman is no Blue Dog, he's a progressive. And one of the best representatives of that wing of the party.

Bob Casey Jr. is no Blue Dog either, and neither is Tim Ryan. Can I ask you a question, Pres. Johnson? Haven't you seen enough posts by Olowakandi to know that his posts are often inaccurate or nonsensical?

Of course I have, but sometimes it's funny to respond anyway. OC is gonna be OC Tongue
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2021, 01:21:38 PM »

John Fetterman is really a cool guy:

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2021, 01:09:23 PM »

I would guess Lamb's strategy to win in a general election is trying to appeal to some more conservative voters or a bunch of Trump voters. Fetterman meanwhile is probably better suited to turn out new voters, especially younger voters although he may also appeal to populists.

While both would make a decent senator, I'm rooting for Fetterman because he's a rational progressive and offering a positive contrast to certain Squad members. The progressive wing needs representation through people like him. Also, I think he sincerely cares about improving conditions in distressed areas and could really be a voice for these communities.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 03:29:23 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2021, 03:33:28 PM by President Johnson »

I would guess Lamb's strategy to win in a general election is trying to appeal to some more conservative voters or a bunch of Trump voters. Fetterman meanwhile is probably better suited to turn out new voters, especially younger voters although he may also appeal to populists.

While both would make a decent senator, I'm rooting for Fetterman because he's a rational progressive and offering a positive contrast to certain Squad members. The progressive wing needs representation through people like him. Also, I think he sincerely cares about improving conditions in distressed areas and could really be a voice for these communities.

I would bet Lamb's general election strategy would actually be more about absolutely running up the score in the suburbs, and keeping rural / Trump voter performance at Biden levels.

Curious what you mean by Fetterman offering a contrast to squad members / progressives needing representation through "people like him"?

Fetterman strikes me as someone who stays away from toxic culture war debates like "defund the police" and mainly focuses on economic inequality and good community work. These are issues voters can relate with a proper messager. His own experience and record in Braddock makes him appear sincere and a credible voice on the latter in particular. Fetterman also has refused to attack moderate Democrats in the past and instead emphasized what unites Democrats. I think he's an integrating figure, what would allow him to actually work on problems once elected senator and not just hang around for publicity stunts. That's why I hope he wins the primary and the general election.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2021, 04:29:25 AM »

The fact that no notable republicans (ones that actually won their races)  running for this seat and both a sitting democratic representative (Conor Lamb) and the sitting LG (John Fetterman), it makes me think that the GOP doesn't have energy on their side in PA.

There are plenty of republicans in the PA house delegation that can run and make this race competitive.

Parnell, Barnette, Bartos, Gale, and Stern, are all losers (electorally speaking).

That's a good take. Looks like Toomey really did Democrats a huge favor by retiring.

Still, the Democrats needs to run like they're ten points behind. If partisan winds are too stark, candidate quality alone may not flip the seat in the end.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2021, 02:12:43 PM »

I'm surprised Lamb did not release any fundraising totals.

Maybe because he just entered the race? Fetterman and Kenyatta are in for a longer time.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2022, 01:47:14 PM »

Press X for doubt, especially that Kenyatta number seems suspicious? We need at least validation from other polls.

However, if Fetterman is only barely up in an internal, it seems like he lost a great deal of momentum in recent weeks. I wonder whether some Democratic primary voters prefer Lamb because they think he's more electable, similar to chosing Biden during the 2020 primaries.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2022, 02:59:28 PM »

Never thought I'd see this headline, but here we are...

Imagine thinking this moves a single vote.

Most of these endorsement actually don't matter much, if at all. Maybe a few big names like Obama and Trump can make a difference, or some local hero or a certain celebrity, but Rick Freakin' Perry's endorsement in a Pennsylvania primary? Lmao.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2022, 03:54:29 PM »

Is it known whether Fetterman tweets himself? At least in some instances? It pretty much seems like to me. At least he comes off authentic, which is not always the case with a politician. Really hope he wins the primary and general.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2022, 01:47:20 PM »

Fetterman has always been a good candidate and the best chance for Ds to win this seat. He would create a nice contrast with hedge funder McCormick in particular.

Yeah, from what I'm observing, Fetterman seems to create enthusiasm among his supporters, which is very important to turn out the vote at the end of the day.

Interesting article: John Fetterman doesn't just have supporters — he has fans. His celebrity could make him a senator
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2022, 03:31:05 PM »

That really sucks. Hope he gets better soon. He's still relatively young.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2022, 02:48:26 PM »

Random information related to Fetterman: Apparently his role as lt. governor is "on hold" as a result of his stroke. Governor Wolf announced that Senate president pro tem Jake Corman (R) was tasked to fulfill duties as acting lt. governor.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2022, 02:43:08 PM »

The real challenge for Oz is going to be towing the fine line between distancing from Trump and embracing him as well as moderating on social issues and going to the right on economic and cultural ones.

Fetterman, on the other hand, has a unified Democratic party. I don't see him doing that well in the Philly suburbs.

Agreed. So basically Oz has to adopt a Youngkin strategy?

As for Fetterman, this is definitely an accomplishment given the fact that he's a member of the progressive wing. He has certainly managed to gain support from the moderate and establishment wing, which is not always the norm. I think it would be very beneficiary for progressives to be more like Fetterman and less like the Squad.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2022, 03:30:18 PM »

Owned!

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2022, 02:09:22 PM »

Lmao

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2022, 02:48:40 PM »

Does anyone not think Trump just sells his endorsements?

If he did, I wouldn't be shocked. He'll probably just endorse whom he likes most or says good things about him. All his actions are purely driven by his immense ego.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2022, 02:32:45 PM »

It's super early but if Fetterman pulls this out, he'd make a great presidential candidate down the line.

Imagine this guy battling for the White House against Donald Trump.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2022, 02:55:17 PM »

Fetterman retweeted this, lmao:

Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies