PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 03:25:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 291469 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1625 on: December 20, 2021, 11:46:33 AM »

Fetterman is leading 44/20/15 Fetterman is gonna win
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1626 on: December 20, 2021, 11:51:41 AM »

MALCOLMENTUM
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1627 on: December 20, 2021, 02:38:19 PM »

Great news!

Very glad to see our lovely establishment voters coalescing around a real Democrat. Don't let Lambchin's siren song fool you!
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #1628 on: December 20, 2021, 04:45:36 PM »

I don’t know much about this guy, but it looks like he’ll come in with a lot of money and establishment backing. A counterpart to Katie Britt?

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/586635-mccormick-moves-closer-to-senate-run-in-pennsylvania
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1629 on: December 20, 2021, 05:57:08 PM »

Great news!

Very glad to see our lovely establishment voters coalescing around a real Democrat. Don't let Lambchin's siren song fool you!

Lol Fetterman leads 44/20)15 Fetterman is still the Fav
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1630 on: January 05, 2022, 11:30:49 AM »

Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #1631 on: January 10, 2022, 08:44:59 PM »

https://www.wtae.com/article/george-bochetto-senate-pennsylvania/38726776#

Philly lawyer George Bochetto announced today that he's joining the R primary.

Oh, good, I was getting worried we were running short on Republican candidates for this race.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1632 on: January 13, 2022, 03:19:38 PM »

I've heard people say that the crucial Philadelphia suburbs, where most white suburban women live, would rather elect Oz than Fetterman, because Fetterman looks "too dirty, WWC, scary"

Oz will probably flip places like MontCo and Delaware Counties...
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1633 on: January 13, 2022, 03:50:58 PM »

I've heard people say that the crucial Philadelphia suburbs, where most white suburban women live, would rather elect Oz than Fetterman, because Fetterman looks "too dirty, WWC, scary"

Who said this. What people are you talking about. What are their names.

Please stop lying to stoke division, you weirdo.
Pink Panther

« Reply #1634 on: January 13, 2022, 03:55:56 PM »

If Oz is winning both Montgomery and Delaware Counties, either his opponent was revealed to be a Pedo, or this national environment isn't too far off from 1932/1894 levels of a landslide.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1635 on: January 13, 2022, 04:59:05 PM »

Probably the voices in his head.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1636 on: January 13, 2022, 05:06:19 PM »

Lol Fetterman won the Lt  Gov Primary by winning Pittsburgh with Josh Shapiro he will win and if Hogan enters in MD he will be defeat too with Tom Perez
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #1637 on: January 13, 2022, 07:41:58 PM »

Oz could easily win, but it should go without saying that he isn't going to win Delaware or Montgomery County.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1638 on: January 13, 2022, 07:50:26 PM »

Suburban white women on Philly radio streams, etc.

Fetterman has the WWC look, but he should get some hair to appeal to the Main Line women.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1639 on: January 13, 2022, 07:55:33 PM »

If Oz is winning both Montgomery and Delaware Counties, either his opponent was revealed to be a Pedo, or this national environment isn't too far off from 1932/1894 levels of a landslide.

Oz has to make inroads there....in the suburbs of Philly and Pittsburgh
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1640 on: January 13, 2022, 08:01:45 PM »

This is Bronz, he's obviously trolling
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1641 on: January 14, 2022, 12:50:36 PM »

Anyone who thinks Oz (or any R) is winning Delco or Montco is delusional.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1642 on: January 15, 2022, 11:00:38 PM »

Just some musings here on John Fetterman…

As someone who really likes Fetterman and would be excited to vote for him in the general, I’ve always gotten this sense that he feels entitled to the nomination and is not really taking the primary seriously. It seems that any time he’s confronted with tough questions or asked to separate himself from the pack, he points to the fact that he’s won statewide (in a primary and on a ticket with an incumbent Governor in a D midterm) and declines to really say why he’s uniquely qualified to represent PA in DC. I think that’s what’s driven me more towards Malcolm Kenyatta—he seems much more interested in putting in the work and making a case. Granted, he has no other option given that he has far less name ID than Fetterman does, but it’s a literal apples to apples comparison to see how Fetterman and Kenyatta are campaigning.

Look, at the end of the day, Fetterman, Lamb, Kenyatta, and maybe Arkoosh are the only candidates who stand a chance of winning the primary. For my money, Lamb is the worst of the bunch from a policy perspective, but he has still said some good things that I could get behind. But if Fetterman really wants to be the nominee and be a US Senator, he has to stop acting like he’s already been crowned as the heir to the progressive movement once Bernie retires. It’s clear Fetterman has higher aspirations than just the US Senate, and the fact that he’s trying to make his campaign about weed and why he’s not your average politician just shows that he’s not really taking on the big fights. Sure, again, I like the guy and I trust him to represent me in the Senate, but we really have to get this right and I think nominating someone whose entire persona is built around being a carefree progressive with tattoos who doesn’t wear suits isn’t going to cut it. Especially with so much at stake in this election.

He could still win both the primary and the general, but if I was advising his campaign, I’d be pushing for him to be more serious and more humble.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #1643 on: January 15, 2022, 11:12:13 PM »

Just some musings here on John Fetterman…

As someone who really likes Fetterman and would be excited to vote for him in the general, I’ve always gotten this sense that he feels entitled to the nomination and is not really taking the primary seriously. It seems that any time he’s confronted with tough questions or asked to separate himself from the pack, he points to the fact that he’s won statewide (in a primary and on a ticket with an incumbent Governor in a D midterm) and declines to really say why he’s uniquely qualified to represent PA in DC. I think that’s what’s driven me more towards Malcolm Kenyatta—he seems much more interested in putting in the work and making a case. Granted, he has no other option given that he has far less name ID than Fetterman does, but it’s a literal apples to apples comparison to see how Fetterman and Kenyatta are campaigning.

Look, at the end of the day, Fetterman, Lamb, Kenyatta, and maybe Arkoosh are the only candidates who stand a chance of winning the primary. For my money, Lamb is the worst of the bunch from a policy perspective, but he has still said some good things that I could get behind. But if Fetterman really wants to be the nominee and be a US Senator, he has to stop acting like he’s already been crowned as the heir to the progressive movement once Bernie retires. It’s clear Fetterman has higher aspirations than just the US Senate, and the fact that he’s trying to make his campaign about weed and why he’s not your average politician just shows that he’s not really taking on the big fights. Sure, again, I like the guy and I trust him to represent me in the Senate, but we really have to get this right and I think nominating someone whose entire persona is built around being a carefree progressive with tattoos who doesn’t wear suits isn’t going to cut it. Especially with so much at stake in this election.

He could still win both the primary and the general, but if I was advising his campaign, I’d be pushing for him to be more serious and more humble.

Frankly, I agree, and I say that as a Fetterman supporter. I get the sense that he isn't really taking the race very seriously, which may work for him in the primary given how weak his opponents are, but it won't be able to fly in the general. For his sake, I hope he gets his act together. For now, I think he's the only one who stands a chance in the primary. Lamb's campaign has been pretty much nonexistent so far, while Kenyatta won't have the funding or name recognition to compete statewide. Arkoosh is honestly a strong sleeper candidate, with the right backing she could sweep the Philly suburbs and capitalize off the Philly and WEPA votes both being split by Kenyatta/Street and Fetterman/Lamb. For now though, no candidate seems to be competitive with Fetterman. We've got a long way til the primary though, anything can happen.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1644 on: January 16, 2022, 07:04:52 PM »

The establishment hates leftists more than Manchincrats. Pass it on.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1645 on: January 16, 2022, 07:45:03 PM »

Not every Democrat who runs against someone you like is a Manchincrat.  Pass it on.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1646 on: January 16, 2022, 07:47:54 PM »

Fetterman is a weak candidate. Lamb might be the better option here.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1647 on: January 16, 2022, 08:18:01 PM »

Not every Democrat who runs against someone you like is a Manchincrat.  Pass it on.

Let's see... conservative and a habitual flip-flopper except for when it enriches him and his family.

Sounds like a Manchincrat to me.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1648 on: January 16, 2022, 08:30:24 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2022, 10:06:15 PM by Anti Democrat Democrat Club »

Fetterman is a weak candidate. Lamb might be the better option here.

I can understand the concerns but Lamb is absolutely not the option. Putting my grievances with him aside, Lamb's campaign strikes me as the same January 6-centered, "orange man bad"-style of campaigning that's failed so much over the past 6 years. These types of campaigns that are nearly devoid of policy and based on empty platitudes are proven not to work, and no amount of fundraising or past electoral performances will change that.

Which makes the entire Philly endorsements even more baffling to me. There are two candidates from Philly, and one in Montco who are more reliable votes than Lamb and need a boost. Why give your endorsements to someone who not only isn't from the area, but is running a failed playbook?

Fetterman might be sleepwalking but Lamb's campaign just gives Sara Gideon/TMac vibes all around. At best it's a case of DNC Brain where they're just incompetent and out of touch but at worst they'd rather lose and keep the grift flowing than win with transformational change.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1649 on: January 16, 2022, 10:37:58 PM »

Seriously, I fail to see how Fetterman or Lamb are supposedly weak because of one reason or another. They will perform exactly the same. No one cares about how many tattoos Fetterman has or how establishment the vibes Lamb gives off.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies