PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 03:22:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 287548 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1575 on: December 01, 2021, 09:04:20 AM »

Someone should rename the thread.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #1576 on: December 01, 2021, 09:26:27 AM »
« Edited: December 01, 2021, 09:33:40 AM by SirWoodbury »

From the 19:10 mark to 20:15:

TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1577 on: December 01, 2021, 09:44:22 AM »

I keep going back and forth on whether you’re an unironic Republican and I can’t see how Piker’s “content” would appeal to one. Either way, it’s tier trolling.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1578 on: December 01, 2021, 09:49:36 AM »

Hasan Piker is uninformed on all political issues.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1579 on: December 01, 2021, 09:52:38 AM »
« Edited: December 02, 2021, 02:02:44 AM by TiltsAreUnderrated »

He’s also a parody of the “sex work is work” crowd. Visiting a brothel in Germany is not something you brag about for political brownie points, especially if it’s a place where human trafficking was confirmed to have occurred.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1580 on: December 01, 2021, 10:00:11 AM »

Oz isn't just running against Fetterman he also has the Juggernaut Josh Shapiro' on the ballot it's a tossup race but PA, WI and MI are purple states not red states

That's why Nate Silver gives the slightest of edges to Ds
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1581 on: December 01, 2021, 10:02:24 AM »

He’s also a parody of the “sex work is work” crowd. Visiting a brothel in Germany is not something you brag about for political brownie points, especially if it’s a place we’re human trafficking was confirmed to have occurred.

He also represents capitalism at its most pathetic, where everything is just a tool to build his brand.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1582 on: December 01, 2021, 10:05:24 AM »

He’s also a parody of the “sex work is work” crowd. Visiting a brothel in Germany is not something you brag about for political brownie points, especially if it’s a place we’re human trafficking was confirmed to have occurred.

He also represents capitalism at its absolute worst, where everything is just a tool to build his brand.

I wouldn’t go that far. He represents a particularly grim strain of internet “activism”, but even that kind of grifting is mostly harmless compared to some of the other forms capitalism can take. Banal talking points are better than dangerous quack medicine, PMC warfare, predatory lending, etc.

It’d be a mistake to confuse the loud and obnoxious with the dangerously effective.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1583 on: December 01, 2021, 10:09:40 AM »

The RS praised Rittenhouse, so the Right can't talk about Fetterman, Sir Woodbury was putting up Rittenhouse not guilty verdicts all over USG this won't matter that much

Old School said Rittenhouse verdict was right

Obviously, Biden Approvals will go up, if he stays the same we will have a red wave
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1584 on: December 01, 2021, 10:12:07 AM »

I'm not sure about Fetterman, but this does strike me as a case like Bernie 2016 where the Dem establishment is underestimating a candidate they can't relate to.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1585 on: December 01, 2021, 10:16:01 AM »

He also represents capitalism at its absolute worst, where everything is just a tool to build his brand.

I wouldn’t go that far. He represents a particularly grim strain of internet “activism”, but even that kind of grifting is mostly harmless compared to some of the other forms capitalism can take. Banal talking points are better than dangerous quack medicine, PMC warfare, predatory lending, etc.

It’d be a mistake to confuse the loud and obnoxious with the dangerously effective.

Yeah, I realized that after posting, so I quickly edited it to say capitalism at its most pathetic, but I was too slow.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1586 on: December 01, 2021, 10:17:17 AM »

Hasan Piker is a provocative clown, much like his uncle, who has the electoral politics intelligence of Kyle Kulinski.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #1587 on: December 01, 2021, 11:08:59 AM »

Dr Oz vs Dr Fauci
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #1588 on: December 01, 2021, 11:13:39 AM »

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1589 on: December 01, 2021, 11:14:47 AM »

Ugh, what a horrible GOP clown car.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #1590 on: December 01, 2021, 11:22:40 AM »

It's pretty wild that the most likely nominee before dropped out and now Oz is somewhat likely to be the nominee, despite just moving to PA and having a questionable past politically (like Trump).

If he wins, he'd be the first Republican Muslim Senator, or Republican Muslim in Congress period.

People really need to realize that other GOP candidates like Sands and Rothfus will jump in, and Oz will lose momentum if only because of the inevitable nasty attacks claiming he's a "scary muslim" or something along those lines.

Here's the thing. I had to do some digging before even finding that out. Nobody would know he's a Muslim just by looking at him (or Turkish, for that matter), so I don't think those "nasty attacks" would land even if they're made, of which the likelihood will be overestimated by Democrats who want the anti-Muslim portrayal of Republicans. He's got a populist doctor schtick going for him that I think many base Republican voters will like.

Do you seriously not think being a Muslim hurts you in a Republican primary?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1591 on: December 01, 2021, 11:25:18 AM »

The last poll he ad it 42/42 it's still a tall order with OZ due to Josh Shapiro the only way Rs are assured this seat if Oprah Winfrey endorsed OZ, she is done with politics and she is a D disgusted at the way Rs treated Hillary

Obviously, the jogger story hurts Fetterman but Sir Woodbury and Old School were writing Rittenhouse Not guilty threads on USG
 Rs don't have clean hands on cases either

Blks uses the Public Defense system for wrongly being lynched for bring accused of whistle at white females, they were sent to Chain Gangs before 1963 when Public Defender's law was fully enforced Rittenhouse used the Public Defender's law to scapegoat a murder
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #1592 on: December 01, 2021, 01:16:39 PM »

I know so many people have made this joke, but as a New Jerseyan, I am honored that Pennsylvania wants to give us an extra Senator, at their expense.
I mean Florida gets one of yours half the time, so its only fair.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1593 on: December 01, 2021, 01:28:15 PM »

ROTFL

If Dr. Oz is the Republican frontrunner by primary day, then I’m all for Fetterman.  Bad political environment or not, I’m pretty sure we don’t need Lamb to beat this guy.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1594 on: December 01, 2021, 01:37:35 PM »

You might be saying it in jest, but this is what the culture war talking points are going to drift towards in the event that he becomes the Republican nominee. We're going to see right-wing grifters peddling new age homeopathy to own the libs, and that's if we're lucky. We might not be - in the worst case scenario, he'll be doubling down on the star sign cringe, and Tucker Carlson is going to have to pretend to subscribe to it.

This is not to undersell his strengths as a candidate, by the way. I think he'll perform better than generic R, and the quackery isn't going to have much (if any) negative electoral effect.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1595 on: December 01, 2021, 08:41:49 PM »

Hasan Piker is a provocative clown, much like his uncle, who has the electoral politics intelligence of Kyle Kulinski.
Don't disrespect Kyle like that lol. Has anyone is an idiot, Kyle is based.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1596 on: December 02, 2021, 01:59:28 PM »

Don't disrespect Kyle like that lol. Has anyone is an idiot, Kyle is based.

Kyle's more agreeable and more pleasant than many of the other leftist Youtubers out there but when it comes to election analysis, he's delusional. He thinks Bernie would be able to win 400+ EVs because of working class populism.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1597 on: December 02, 2021, 02:10:14 PM »

We needs polls from non Latino states OH, WI, NC and PA, so far they poll AZ, TX and FL DeSantis and Rubio aren't losing anyways and Abbott neither but they poll them
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1598 on: December 02, 2021, 02:23:58 PM »

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician