The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 08:07:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 173180 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2075 on: August 04, 2022, 07:06:58 PM »

I don’t think serious people are doubting that COVID is bad. The trouble is, mitigation measures are bad too, whether you want to admit it or not. Wearing a mask makes work considerably more cumbersome, which has all sorts of mental health consequences. Staying home, reducing human contact, isolating… these come at horrible personal costs, not to mention economic ones. Economic costs lead to further personal ones, so it just ends up that we are in a terrible spiralling situation.

So when you have these two competing truths, one of them has to win out. Considering the sheer transmissibility of COVID, the reality that health measures are not really that effective, and the fact that this virus will NEVER go away, I think it’s clear that we just need to move on.

If you don’t want to be wearing a mask in three years, there’s no reason to wear one now. The pandemic will be the same.

I completely agree with you.

And I had the exact same opinion as you two years ago. It is clear shut downs were a mistake.

They made perfect sense when no vaccine was available and we knew little of the virus. The problem is there was no global cooperation or uniform enforcement at the time where it would've mattered the most. The problem is people are still operating under the false assumption that covid can somehow be eradicated like earlier viruses that were far less transmissible and existed in a time with far less global travel, and in an environment where half the population refuses to vaccinate.

One doesn't have to pretend they were a bad idea at the time to acknowledge they're a bad idea now when the situation is radically different.

I am starting to notice a correlation between high quality masks and losing mental ability. I noticed I make crazier posts after I wear a n95 mask in certain situations.. and we all see Scarlet has lost her mind.

Perhaps the lack of oxygen makes n95 trade offs of protection from respiratory viruses not worth it. Especially in Colorado and Utah.

I wear an N95 any time I go to an indoor location (sometimes with a KN95 over it to keep it in place if I'm in a place, like a doctors office, where I have less control how long I'm at a location) so this makes sense. The problem is more you two represent opposite extreme ends of the covid hysteria scale.

Double masking is for science skeptics. I quadruple mask even at home to feel good about myself and tell myself I’m on the right side of history

This post kills brain cells of all who lays eyes on it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2076 on: August 04, 2022, 09:31:27 PM »

Regarding whether to vote for TDAS04 vs. Jason Ravensborg.

Ravensborg.

I don't vote for people who consider me an HP.  

Ravensborg's situation is being misrepresented here, btw, and in a way that wouldn't be so if he were a Democrat.

Fuzzy's "contributions" to the thread go downhill from there.

Notice that in all these years on Atlas, he's never said the same about Ted Kennedy.

Why would I bother mentioning Chappaquiddick when Kennedy's last election campaign was 2 years before I joined Atlas and he died only about a year after I joined? How is that remotely the same level of comparison to what Jason Raven's board did only several months ago? LOL LOL!

I know it's a cliche, but it's so apt in this case. Thank you for posting directly into the thread.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2077 on: August 05, 2022, 04:46:22 AM »

Not every D midterm is gonna be a 1994 or 2010 scenario Bush W and Clinton and FDR bucked midterm trends, Rs have lost to Biden 3 X's already twice as Veep and once as Prez Democracy Corp has Ds ahead 50/48 on GCB but Biden Approvals are 41 so Approvals are meaningless 230/210 R seats in the H and 51/60 D seats in Senate LA, MO, IA, WI, NC and FL are in play and we're gonna net already OH and PA and GA and AZ are Tossup
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2078 on: August 06, 2022, 10:07:14 AM »
« Edited: August 06, 2022, 10:17:37 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

If people can't believe that we can't win red states in this Environment I just posted Mike DUNLEAVY is in some trouble Gara is only 10 pts behind and Bill Walker is tied with DUNLEAVY, Midterms Partisan trends aren't that important because voters split vote in Midterms more than Prez. That's why Bill Walker won Gov in 2014

This is the same Biden that helped Obama win AK,CO, FL, IN, NV, NC, OH, VA FORMER RED STATES IN 2008/12, some users think Obama won the Prez without Biden no he didn't

AK, NC, OH are in trouble  as well as TX, FL we have good looking candidates all over that attract female voters there is a gender Gap 55/45 between D's and Rs since 1920 as well as minority gap that make up our 65/60 vote margin over Rs

That's why I get likes on Twitter and Facebook from females

They like Demings, BEASLEY

Why do you think Newsom wins eventhough he is lame
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2079 on: August 06, 2022, 01:49:47 PM »

I loathe Brittany Griner.  She's an anti-American lowlife, and I don't particularly care that she has it rough. 

Nonetheless, I believe that our government should make every effort to bring her back.  She IS an American citizen, that should count for something, and the sentence she is receiving is cruel and inhumane.  She should be aided by our government in reversing this legal injustice and bringing her home.

Perfect justice, however, would require her to have to walk to freedom through a long line of American Vietnam Veterans silently affirming that our government brought her home.  She should be reminded how many Leftist Lowlifes cursed these men when they came home for a war they neither started nor chose to fight, but served anyway because they loved their Country and would not turn their backs on their Country when their Country called them.  She needs to see their decency and virtue and feel at depth her indecency and utter lack of virtue.  And she needs to realize that their "Welcome Home!" to Brittanny Griner is GRACE and not an ENTITLEMENT.

In a world aimed at REAL reconciliation that would happen.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #2080 on: August 06, 2022, 08:08:18 PM »

Unpopular opinion, but all of them. The ones who lost/will lose did/will not do so because of their impeachment vote but rather because they’re either comically out of touch in a way that goes well beyond the impeachment vote (Liz Cheney is a textbook example of this) or just fairly inept/lazy campaigners who clearly didn’t know how to carve out an appealing brand in their district.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2081 on: August 06, 2022, 08:16:46 PM »

Regarding whether to vote for TDAS04 vs. Jason Ravensborg.

Ravensborg.

I don't vote for people who consider me an HP.  

Ravensborg's situation is being misrepresented here, btw, and in a way that wouldn't be so if he were a Democrat.

Fuzzy's "contributions" to the thread go downhill from there.

Notice that in all these years on Atlas, he's never said the same about Ted Kennedy.

Why would I bother mentioning Chappaquiddick when Kennedy's last election campaign was 2 years before I joined Atlas and he died only about a year after I joined? How is that remotely the same level of comparison to what Jason Raven's board did only several months ago? LOL LOL!

I know it's a cliche, but it's so apt in this case.

Says the guy who started posting into the thread here.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2082 on: August 06, 2022, 08:28:24 PM »

Many in the GOP also oppose adoption now.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2083 on: August 07, 2022, 09:36:12 AM »
« Edited: August 07, 2022, 09:40:27 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

The biggest losers even if Rs win on Eday are Republican users that owe student loan debt, Warren wealth tax would give everyone a 50 K student loan Discharge, whom are blue collar workers v white collar workers, Rs make more than 30 K a yr and they have been paying their auto loans instead of student loans abuse the system, D's ride buses and use the extra money on food or clothes but middle class have used it on auto loan

So, if Rs get control of the H no Warren tax no student loans Discharge and people making over 30 K won't get IDR they will pay 200 the minimum amount and it destroyed your credit if you go into default so e jobs like law enforcement or politics won't let you work if you default or garnishment and student loans can garnish 200 from SSA checks unlike other credit but they can't take more

Warren, Brown and Ryan specific said the Warren wealth tax will forgive student loans that's why Biden is waiting til Jan after The EDay to forgive 10 K it can be 50 K under a Secular Trifecta

So, Rs rooting for R wins you are gonna pay the pied piper Student loans instead of your fansy car notes, I know people paying 1300 on a car note but not student loans  that they still owe
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2084 on: August 07, 2022, 10:17:24 PM »

Unpopular opinion, but all of them. The ones who lost/will lose did/will not do so because of their impeachment vote but rather because they’re either comically out of touch in a way that goes well beyond the impeachment vote (Liz Cheney is a textbook example of this) or just fairly inept/lazy campaigners who clearly didn’t know how to carve out an appealing brand in their district.

Yeah, I have to agree with the inclusion of this post. Tom Rice is a perfect example disproving MT Treasurer's theory.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2085 on: August 08, 2022, 12:31:13 AM »
« Edited: August 08, 2022, 12:43:48 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Sir Muhammad said DeSantis is gonna win by 10 pts yeah😆😆😆, and Demings is now tied with Rubio, thats hilarious but I know Sir Muhammad gets alot of his R talking pts from Election Guy, he thought Lake was gonna carry Masters across finish line and Katie Hobbs and Mark Kelly are leading 47/41😊😊😊Just like Election Guy says

I don't know why users think the R party is so strong under Trump he beat Hillary, he didn't beat Martin OMalley, Bernie or Biden, Hillary was on par in 2016 not 2008 as the same as Gore and Kerry were, Obama and Biden were on par with Bill Clinton 😊😊😊

If we elected Jerry Brown instead of Bill Clinton, like we were supposed to do,we would not have been in the Minority in H for 12 years because we're not in the Minority in the H now and we broke it in 2006 without Lewinsky

I love my new map it shows diversity in the US I go by polls not rankings

Like I said I have to make a D nut map you never know, I had a 303 map for a long time because of the Recession but the polls are not coinciding with a 303 map it's going towards a 413 map and 24 may very well do the same be ause NC is in play now that 24 Gov race with Cooper at 55% isn't safe R but we probably lose LA Gov not KY next yr
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2086 on: August 08, 2022, 09:36:28 AM »

What in the World happened to S019 he supported D's in 2020 then he went R nut map after we lost VA he has Clinton, Kaine and Warner title now he has Tim Ryan but he still has an R nut map these aren't real predictions but still if you are truly a D you wouldn't make an R map, you would make one on the site but you won't make one in your user predictions just like the compiled map still has 54 R Senators and every poll has come out since Dobbs favorite towards Ds
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2087 on: August 08, 2022, 09:47:01 AM »

Sir Muhammad said DeSantis is gonna win by 10 pts yeah😆😆😆, and Demings is now tied with Rubio, thats hilarious but I know Sir Muhammad gets alot of his R talking pts from Election Guy, he thought Lake was gonna carry Masters across finish line and Katie Hobbs and Mark Kelly are leading 47/41😊😊😊Just like Election Guy says

I don't know why users think the R party is so strong under Trump he beat Hillary, he didn't beat Martin OMalley, Bernie or Biden, Hillary was on par in 2016 not 2008 as the same as Gore and Kerry were, Obama and Biden were on par with Bill Clinton 😊😊😊

If we elected Jerry Brown instead of Bill Clinton, like we were supposed to do,we would not have been in the Minority in H for 12 years because we're not in the Minority in the H now and we broke it in 2006 without Lewinsky

Like I said I have to make a D nut map you never know, I had a 303 map for a long time because of the Recession but the polls are not coinciding with a 303 map it's going towards a 413 map and 24 may very well do the same be ause NC is in play now that 24 Gov race with Cooper at 55% isn't safe R but we probably lose LA Gov not KY next yr

I'm a R NUT map enthusiast, just like Xing Tongue
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2088 on: August 08, 2022, 10:06:21 AM »

The entire mainstream media is biased towards Republicans, not just Fox, Newsmax, and OAN.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2089 on: August 08, 2022, 10:28:59 AM »

I'm a R NUT map enthusiast, just like Xing Tongue

It's a 303 map but I put AK, FL, IN, NC as Lean R in 2008 and this is the same Biden that helped Obama win those red states, it's not the same Environment but is there a chance to win red states yes there is, ever since then I promised myself I would make wave insurance maps not exact maps

Some users especially Rs think Obama won red states in 2008 and 2012 all by himself no he DIDNT

Users like MT Treasure, UWS, 2016 think that Obama win those red states all by himself he had Biden
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2090 on: August 16, 2022, 10:44:26 PM »

Trump did such a great job at making the world more peaceful and secure that Joe Biden barely needs to do anything.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2091 on: August 17, 2022, 08:30:43 AM »

so let me get this straight, she's not mature enough to consider an abortion, but she is mature enough to be forced to raise a child? WTF?

Her parents are responsible for that child as well under Florida Law, at least until she is 18.

A human life has been saved.  Glory to God!

< insert some comment about Uvalde here >

Had here been more armed citizens in Uvalde with guns, people with courage would have entered the school while the police were inexplicably cowering and far fewer lives would have been lost.

There!  Comment inserted.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #2092 on: August 17, 2022, 03:51:45 PM »

Worst advice in this kind of thread. Weekly hour-long lectures about why you're going to hell are not helpful for people with anxiety and depression
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2093 on: August 17, 2022, 05:03:58 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2022, 05:15:26 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

The reason why Ds are doing so well in the polls you got to look at your BELLWETHERS, NM, OH always predict the winners of EDay, except for 1976 every single D Prez since Woodrow Wilson has carried NM, and that's why Ds are bucking the Midterm trend

Coincidentally in 2010/2014 when Susana Martinez won NM Rs win EDay, so to just blindly say that D's are gonna lose the EDay because it's a Midterm is not accurate

Also not to mention the insurrection or Espionage going on with Trump, Trump is a repeat Espionage offender Don Jr met with Russian Oligarchy at Trump Towers and got the DNC Emails that said DNC was biased against Hillary that Espionage but Trump was Prez and he can't get indicted as Prez now he took the nuke codes with him to FL and we are in a War with Russia, it would be different if there was no war with Russia, where are the Sir Woodbury then nowhere to be found .

That's why I put it here users that supports Rs  think blindly that everything is gonna follow the normal Midterms Environment, lol the Rs are on the verge of losing AK AL Palin was supposed to walk away with that seat it's now in lay

We're all getting scored the R nut map  as the Compiled map, ALRIGHT THE JOKES OVER😊😊😊Rs 54 Sen Seats -100 percent chance now, AGAIN THE JOKES OVER😊😊😊

D's made R nut maps, too not just Rs Rs need to learn they can't beat Joe Biden they already lost to him 3* 2* as Veep and again as Prez they will never beat Biden and we have Biden lite in 28 Newsom, Ryan, Buttigieg and  Beshear, they won't beat us then with blue not red states, Rs have to win blue states not red states in order to be Prez

It was perceived Kleefisch was gonna def Evers and Lake was gonna win and push Masters over Kelly and somehow Rs were gonna HOLDO ONTO  PA, NOT
That's all Pieman talked about the R strategy for 22

If you still have a R nut map on EDay you best to change it now because you will receive a very low score when you get scored, my scores are low due to overpredict not under but as a D I rather get a low score overpredicted than under because my fav candidate in case they will I will be mad if I didn't prediction them winning
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2094 on: August 17, 2022, 05:13:50 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2022, 05:18:13 PM by Hammy »

Worst advice in this kind of thread. Weekly hour-long lectures about why you're going to hell are not helpful for people with anxiety and depression

That I'm seen as ignorant or absurd by you is quite reassuring of my own sanity.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2095 on: August 17, 2022, 06:38:43 PM »

Yeah, letting someone die a quick death through assisted suicide instead of a slow, agonizing death through a terminal disease is not immoral to any sane person.

Nah it actually is immoral to a lot of people. People see it as suicide, and a lot of people don't like that even if you gotta go through pain. 30% of Americans in fact (100 million people) and definitely much more throughout the rest of the world since America is very liberal on these issues.

Me personally, I get my morality from my religion, which prohibits suicide no matter what, so for me this isn't really a moral dillemma. Yeah it's better to struggle through a crippling disease and die naturally than a quick painless death. We belong to God and to him we will return.

This whole euthanasia thing, just being brutally honest with what I think it is I'll just say I think that's a pitiful move, showing you're scared of pain and can't handle it. This is just the hedonists chasing instant pleasure and gratification no matter where they are and literally choosing to die instead of facing pain. Pathetic!

If I get a terminal disease that can't be cured Imma go through it and face it like a man instead of killing myself. My grandma was able to do that and she did for 30 years and she still was able to find joy in her life. I look up to that

But I got less respect if you kill yourself willingly. That's real cowardly in my opinion (and of course a lot of people will disagree, some people are a product of their environment where they've been raised to think this stuff is acceptable)

I hate whats happening in Canada because its f**ked up disabled people are being pushed into euthanasia when its not warranted because killing them is less expensive than caring for them, not some sick desire to force people to die in horrible pain.

This is just a side effect of being in a society that legalizes euthanasia.
It allows for this kind of more clearly depraved stuff to pass much easier.

Slippery slope, but not a fallacy. Just slippery slope.

When a society stops valuing life you gotta be prepared for the consequences bro
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2096 on: August 19, 2022, 07:17:36 PM »

Why can't the right just mind their own business when it comes to peoples' bodies?

And don't try even try and conflate vaccines to this!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2097 on: August 19, 2022, 07:18:42 PM »

Why can't the right just mind their own business when it comes to peoples' bodies?

I fail to see the ignorance here. Given who posted it, I am not surprised.

Go ahead. Post that one too.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2098 on: August 19, 2022, 07:23:53 PM »

Okay, I'll bite. What's absurd and/or ignorant about this? I posted the bill in the thread, and if you read it, you'd notice that banning gender-affirming care for minors is not all it does--it bans private insurances from covering gender-affirming care for adults and bans trans information of med students (and variations thereupon). I get that you support that sh**t, but surely you aren't so far gone that you can't understand why someone else would think that's a little extreme.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2099 on: August 21, 2022, 01:00:20 AM »

No one celebrates depression, anxiety disorder

There's a whole segment of society that prides themselves on being antisocial

Uh, where? It’s not plastered all over social media and culture condemns antisocial people as being weird. And if you’re not for antisocial people, you’re not called a bigot either.

It’s funny. You can get in the army for being trans and believing you are the opposite sex- but have a history of anxiety, or depression? Nope.

Well let's see...Cowardice and desertion are generally punishable by death, the actions that lead that can be triggered by, oh right, anxiety and depression!

Being trans is not in itself debilitating and is part of your identity, and most of the poor mental health outcomes stem from imposed societal norms, effectively forcing you to be somebody you're not. If for instance you forcibly transitioned somebody who isn't trans (or even so much force them to live as a separate gender), you'd get an identical mental health outcome as somebody who is trans who is living in opposition to their identity. Hell, even people who aren't trans being forced to live a life their parents choose for them can lead to the exact same situation if it isn't one they desire.

By contrast, anxiety and depression are very debilitating, and often completely independent of outside circumstances (though there can be external triggers)

If you suffer depression, that's going to lead to clouded thinking on the battlefield or strategizing, or physically unable to carry out your duties (for instance I have bipolar, during depressive episodes it feels impossible to wake in any sort of timely manner.)

If you have anxiety, you're very likely to have a panic attack in the middle of battle, which is often what leads to desertion. Not to mention, what if you're captured, you'll be easier to break. In effect you can end up inadvertently becoming a liability.

And being trans has never ever been linked to suicide, depression, anxiety or doesn’t have any comorbidities with other disorders?

I think you’re an anti mental illness bigot who just has a soft spot for one mental illness, given your tone. You’re essentially saying that a person who has anxiety disorder is: Not loyal, and a coward.

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies