The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:52:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (search mode)
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168319 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 02, 2020, 04:23:56 PM »

I remember back when Democrats were supposedly making a mistake by impeaching Trump.

That was a mistake. His approval increased several points right after. Had it not been for George Floyd and COVID he'd be sitting at 50% approval.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 03:45:32 PM »

Prediction: they will get rid of all of the Christian white people while keeping the Jewish people in the white slot. Just like they did with the Ivy League. I don’t mean that as anti jewish, just that white Christians are at the bottom of this new racial ideology

The good old "I"m not racist, but" claim.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 04:16:43 AM »

Lol no.

I don't get this Knights of Columbus mania (what a horrible name for an organization, btw).

The Knights of Columbus (K of C) is a global Catholic fraternal service order.[1][2] Membership is composed of (and limited to) practicing Catholic men.[3] It is led by Supreme Knight Sir Carl A. Anderson.[3]

The organization was founded in 1882 as a mutual benefit society for working-class and immigrant Catholics in the United States. It has grown to support refugee relief, Catholic education, local parishes and dioceses, and global Catholic causes.[1][4][5][6] The Knights promote the Catholic view on public policy issues, including opposition to same-sex marriage,[7] abortion,[8] and birth control.[9] Between 2008 and 2012, K of C gave at least $15 million to lobbies opposed to same-sex marriage.[7]:1

The organization provides certain financial services to affiliated groups and individuals.[10] Its wholly owned insurance company, one of the largest in the world, underwrites more than two million insurance contracts, totaling more than $100 billion of life insurance in force.[11] The order also owns the Knights of Columbus Asset Advisors, a money management firm which invests in accordance with Catholic social teachings.

So, a Catholic organization agrees with Catholic teaching?

I'm Catholic and all the more reason why I actually agree with Kamala on this--religious law does not belong in civil law and the constitution made that clear.

That doesn't mean that religious beliefs can't influence public policy.

They absolutely shouldn't when it comes to denying individual liberties.

A lot of slave-owners thought their individual liberties were under attack from Wilberforce.

A consensual relationship between two people the church disagrees with is equivalent to owning people it seems.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 05:30:27 PM »

The NBA is just a sports branch of the Democrats.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 04:31:33 PM »

Biden needs to condemn the violence against the police yesterday, or else he will lose MN.

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 02:41:30 AM »

Been trying to resist posting Beet's mindless drivel today but I can no longer.

The whole Kavanaugh thing blew up in the Democrats' faces because they tried to lob baseless accusations against a basically honorable man using nothing but a decades old memory with zero evidence whatsoever, smearing him and ruining his life in front of his wife and whole family. Kavanaugh represented every White man ever unfairly smeared and attacked by the Left solely for being a White man.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 06:27:03 PM »

Fans of the Nasty Black Woman gonna fan of the Nasty Black Woman.

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2020, 04:48:52 AM »

More proof Dem partisans are just as evil as Trumpists.

Florida reported 2,851 new cases yesterday.
Good. The more overwhelmed hospitals, the better for Biden.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2020, 06:17:08 PM »

When will he say the same to BLM domestic terrorists?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2020, 03:59:59 PM »

Her goal is probably to catch it from Pence and give it to Biden so she can ascend to the top of the ticket.

That's the kind of person she is.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2020, 04:03:59 PM »

It absolutely helps Trump. He looked like an arse in that first debate. Anything that changes that helps him.

Muting Trump's mic helps him because everything helps Trump because Huh?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2020, 07:17:55 PM »

Probably the weirdest post of all time:

Due to life span increase, approaching 80, there is an adjustment

RED growth process, blue early signs of death

Infancy: 0-3
Toddler 3-6 Early childhood
Childhood 3-12 Pre-Teen
Puberty: 12-20 Adams apple in Men, and Cycle for women
Adulthood 20-40 continiue to grow.

Middle Aged 40-65 stoppage of growth, tooth decay and fuller stomach and diabetes sets in
Senior Citizen 65-100 end of life cycle, seizers, heart attacks or cancer causes death

See, I tell you all OC is a weirdo, but no one listens to me.
Because you're twelve.

If I were twelve, I would have been banned years ago for registering underage.

I am NOT Twelve. I am 27. I was born in 1993, and I'm not sure what I have to do to prove it to you. Do I have to post my birth certificate?

Depressing reminder of how long ago the 90s were.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2020, 02:32:18 PM »

Sure, maybe two more people in Oklahoma are now solid Trump.
But seriously, opinions are baked in at this point, it is all about turnout, which unfortunately doesn’t appear to be looking good for Democrats right now.

Where do you people even get this when over half of 2016's vote numbers have already been cast?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2020, 03:58:19 AM »

OF COURSE THE MSM ISN'T GOING TO REPORT THIS, they're biased af. Just imagine if this was Don Jr. or Eric, they would be blasting this 24/7.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2020, 02:59:51 PM »

OMFG 10 months out and you guys are still pushing COVID.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2020, 03:19:00 AM »

Imagine saying that about ethnicity, or about gender.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2021, 05:22:16 PM »

The most out of touch post of 2021 so far.

Donald Trump also did not put 11,000 workers on unemployment in his first week in office.  Joe Biden did, and most of those folks were from a union that endorsed Biden.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2021, 09:34:36 PM »

Yikes. This is the first truly bad, godawful gaffe that he's made since winning the election. You don't want to say this because it'll depend on the situation at the time. Even if it's true, you don't want to say it, you need to give people time to accept it. Saying it right now will just plunge people into useless hopelessness and frustration.

It's not the idea of wearing masks that is the issue, it's the notion that the president is not trying to end the pandemic which is implied by the statement, and that he is merely aiming for it to continue forever. The president is supposed to project hope, ambition and confidence, and stick to the positive.

Meanwhile back in reality, if everybody wore a mask at all times in public, the pandemic would quickly end
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2021, 01:05:50 AM »

This is compared to a rate of 38,000 vehicular deaths per year on US highways. Would lowering the speed limit everywhere result in fewer deaths? Would banning alcohol result in fewer drunk driving accidents? Probably. But as I'm sure you understand, freedom involves trade-offs, and society is better served if we direct our attention towards areas where we can do more good. The same is true with regards to guns.

Regardless of one's stance on the issue, comparing intentional acts of violence to accidents--many of which result from poor weather that people don't always have the option of not driving in--is intellectually dishonest.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2021, 04:56:20 PM »

This is compared to a rate of 38,000 vehicular deaths per year on US highways. Would lowering the speed limit everywhere result in fewer deaths? Would banning alcohol result in fewer drunk driving accidents? Probably. But as I'm sure you understand, freedom involves trade-offs, and society is better served if we direct our attention towards areas where we can do more good. The same is true with regards to guns.

Regardless of one's stance on the issue, comparing intentional acts of violence to accidents--many of which result from poor weather that people don't always have the option of not driving in--is intellectually dishonest.

Deaths are deaths. If 10,000 gun deaths every year mean we should sue the gun industry, then the 38,000 car deaths every year must mean we should sue the car industry.

The gun industry receives automatic blanket protection from all liability, something no other industry receives. At the very least the same standards should apply in both cases, which they presently don't.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2021, 01:29:56 PM »

Why would people who oppose masks be vindicated?

Lockdowns and masks clearly don't work, but it appears as if vaccines do.

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2021, 06:04:55 PM »

I think Texas and Mississippi were too quick to remove restrictions, but when is the right time to lift them? It seems like the virus won't be truly eradicated and we'll have to live with it like the flu.

Once enough people are vaccinated or at least everyone who wants to take a shot has been offered one. I don't know why people make such a big deal out of that. Wearing a mask while going into a store or wherever keeping a distance to strangers is not possible isn't that hard. Of course it's annoying to wear, but it helps save lives. And I'd much rather wear a mask than being on ICU or dead.

If masks are so effective in containing the spread of coronavirus, it should not be a big deal if mask mandates are allowed to expire.  You will still be able to go about wearing a mask, while continuing to take measures recommended by your health unit or the WHO.  Mask wearing isn't going to be banned.
I think most pro mask people are well aware that masks have minimal impact of controlling the spread of Coronavirus. They just need to make sure that everyone complies for the symbolic purpose of "showing that we care".
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2021, 04:15:31 PM »

It was likely created in a lab, maybe as an experiment,

Imagine unironically thinking this about Covid.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2021, 04:48:29 PM »

It was likely created in a lab, maybe as an experiment,

Imagine unironically thinking this about Covid.
The Biden administration thinks there is a chance of this.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/u-s-still-hasn-t-completely-ruled-out-lab-accident-n1258032

This is not a far-right take.

It's a hot far-right take and the government is continuing to milk it for propaganda. In case you missed the sub-headline of your own link:

U.S. officials haven't shown any evidence pointing to a lab escape, and scientists call the scenario unlikely.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2021, 03:18:33 PM »

It's a hot far-right take and the government is continuing to milk it for propaganda. In case you missed the sub-headline of your own link:
Is it "a hot far-left take" to believe that a bat bit a pangolin that infected a person? There is no direct evidence for either of these scenarios and I am unsure why you are ascribing an ideological position to one or the other.

Thank you for posting your absurd and ignorant take directly into the thread, makes things easier.

The notion that the virus was created in a lab is an unfounded conspiracy theory that is being spread by right wing pundits and media in order to both seek to punish China (or to them, anyone who "looks" Chinese) and ascribe blame, so they can point to someone and say "look its their fault" as well as remove any responsibility from themselves in stopping the spread.

The origin from a pangolin is theory, but at least based on there being some degree of evidence that it originated in a food market, and is not being used to spread any sort of political stance.

So yes, one of these talking points is absolutely, undeniably, an ideologically-driven talking point.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies