The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:39:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 172844 times)
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: August 10, 2020, 05:30:11 PM »

Question:

How the f**k is an absurd posts thread named after Mr. Morden?

Answer:

I would encourage you to name the thread after me.  It wouldn't be a personal attack, since all my posts are amazing, and therefore everyone would recognize the name as being ironic rather than serious.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #176 on: August 12, 2020, 02:35:01 AM »

Pros:
- makes the ticket possibly the most demographically-representative ticket in history

Except all of the all-white tickets when America was a white country.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #177 on: August 12, 2020, 04:16:43 AM »

Lol no.

I don't get this Knights of Columbus mania (what a horrible name for an organization, btw).

The Knights of Columbus (K of C) is a global Catholic fraternal service order.[1][2] Membership is composed of (and limited to) practicing Catholic men.[3] It is led by Supreme Knight Sir Carl A. Anderson.[3]

The organization was founded in 1882 as a mutual benefit society for working-class and immigrant Catholics in the United States. It has grown to support refugee relief, Catholic education, local parishes and dioceses, and global Catholic causes.[1][4][5][6] The Knights promote the Catholic view on public policy issues, including opposition to same-sex marriage,[7] abortion,[8] and birth control.[9] Between 2008 and 2012, K of C gave at least $15 million to lobbies opposed to same-sex marriage.[7]:1

The organization provides certain financial services to affiliated groups and individuals.[10] Its wholly owned insurance company, one of the largest in the world, underwrites more than two million insurance contracts, totaling more than $100 billion of life insurance in force.[11] The order also owns the Knights of Columbus Asset Advisors, a money management firm which invests in accordance with Catholic social teachings.

So, a Catholic organization agrees with Catholic teaching?

I'm Catholic and all the more reason why I actually agree with Kamala on this--religious law does not belong in civil law and the constitution made that clear.

That doesn't mean that religious beliefs can't influence public policy.

They absolutely shouldn't when it comes to denying individual liberties.

A lot of slave-owners thought their individual liberties were under attack from Wilberforce.

A consensual relationship between two people the church disagrees with is equivalent to owning people it seems.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #178 on: August 12, 2020, 06:56:54 AM »

Lol no.

I don't get this Knights of Columbus mania (what a horrible name for an organization, btw).

The Knights of Columbus (K of C) is a global Catholic fraternal service order.[1][2] Membership is composed of (and limited to) practicing Catholic men.[3] It is led by Supreme Knight Sir Carl A. Anderson.[3]

The organization was founded in 1882 as a mutual benefit society for working-class and immigrant Catholics in the United States. It has grown to support refugee relief, Catholic education, local parishes and dioceses, and global Catholic causes.[1][4][5][6] The Knights promote the Catholic view on public policy issues, including opposition to same-sex marriage,[7] abortion,[8] and birth control.[9] Between 2008 and 2012, K of C gave at least $15 million to lobbies opposed to same-sex marriage.[7]:1

The organization provides certain financial services to affiliated groups and individuals.[10] Its wholly owned insurance company, one of the largest in the world, underwrites more than two million insurance contracts, totaling more than $100 billion of life insurance in force.[11] The order also owns the Knights of Columbus Asset Advisors, a money management firm which invests in accordance with Catholic social teachings.

I'm Catholic and all the more reason why I actually agree with Kamala on this--religious law does not belong in civil law and the constitution made that clear.

A lot of slave-owners thought their individual liberties were under attack from Wilberforce.

A consensual relationship between two people the church disagrees with is equivalent to owning people it seems.

I clarified that I didn't mean that.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #179 on: August 12, 2020, 09:45:44 AM »

How the f**k is an absurd posts thread named after Mr. Morden?

An absurd title is only appropriate, no?
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #180 on: August 12, 2020, 09:46:34 AM »

Pros:
- makes the ticket possibly the most demographically-representative ticket in history

Except all of the all-white tickets when America was a white country.

So this is what they mean when they say "great AGAIN"
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #181 on: August 12, 2020, 05:54:02 PM »

Not to be morbid, but does anyone else think Biden signed his own death warrant with the Kamala pick?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #182 on: August 13, 2020, 08:00:45 PM »

Hot take:Pelosi should refuse to seat Greene.

Pelosi should refuse to seat all Republicans elected and reelected.

Schumer should do the same if Democrats win the majority in the Senate.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2020, 11:38:46 AM »

Lol no.

I clarified that I didn't mean that.

Not really. Instead, you merely re-established failing to realize your attempt at making such an absurd comparison.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2020, 11:42:31 AM »

Hot take:Pelosi should refuse to seat Greene.

Pelosi should refuse to seat all Republicans elected and reelected.

Schumer should do the same if Democrats win the majority in the Senate.

Yeah, NY e seems to jump the shark more than any other red avatar on Atlas when it comes to hyperbolic stuff like this
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2020, 01:21:44 PM »

I don't really like it, but understand that is it to our benefit overall.  Lets be honest, the little bit of dirty stuff Trump does is well worth not having an anti-American, anti-law, anti-family and anti-worker president. Harris will back the thugs and terrorist and honestly sometimes not to get people like harris you have to back your own guy. Life isn't fair, life isn't just but it is what it is. We're at a point in our we have to be a little dirty to win! 

The democrats don't give a damn about our cities or businesses as they allow them to burn. Trump is the only one that gives a damn about stopping this. He is the only one! It is worth looking the otherway and forgiving and understanding him.
The way I see, Trump’s trying to stop a election from becoming vulnerable in the first place. Trump hasn’t done anything “dirty” besides promoting his hotels.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2020, 09:30:31 PM »

See thread for context
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #187 on: August 16, 2020, 10:12:59 AM »

It’s pathetic how much everyone on this thread is buying Markeys BS just because they’re anti-dynasty. Even if JK is likely to do more for Massachusetts. I’d say thank god my state is smarter than this thread but clearly from all indications they aren’t
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #188 on: August 16, 2020, 12:12:01 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2020, 12:21:27 PM by 𝔅𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔞 𝔐𝔦𝔫𝔬𝔩𝔞 »

There is always a Tweet:

Americans long have said they wanted a President who said out loud exactly what they thought.  Now, they have one.

You mean a president with incoherent verbal diarrhoea?

Spoken like a man with a gargantuan 123 posts who probably has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from the challenge of typing "effort posts" on his way to being a Forum Institution.

Because of course.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #189 on: August 16, 2020, 12:20:53 PM »

There is always a Tweet:

Americans long have said they wanted a President who said out loud exactly what they thought.  Now, they have one.

You mean a president with incoherent verbal diarrhoea?

Spoken like a man with a gargantuan 123 posts who probably has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from the challenge of typing "effort posts" on his way to being a Forum Institution.

Because of course.

This one I deserve.

I can't begin to number those posters who show up 3-4 months before the election, never to be seen again.  Keeping up effective s---posting over time takes guts and stamina, lol.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #190 on: August 24, 2020, 08:11:58 AM »

No, sounds like a major breakthrough is coming tomorrow. Can't tell you how many times I've heard red avatars say the only way Trump can win is if "we get a cure before the election but that can't happen hahaha." Sounds like it may be here  We should all prepare for at least four more years of Trump. Hold your loved ones close.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #191 on: August 26, 2020, 11:48:47 PM »

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2020, 04:55:31 AM »

People are obsessing over the “dOnT cHaLleNgE aN iCuMbeNt”

They’re going to realize next year he’s a totally useless politician.

We’re embarrassing ourselves in front of the nation. But oh well.....

The career of a bright star in the party is going to fall apart for 6 years of what .....?
It's Perro Sanxe wot won it
Mimoha
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.22

« Reply #193 on: August 28, 2020, 11:47:58 AM »

Here most accept that such an advantage is impossible due to the level of political polarization ...

Polarization does not mean a 50-50 electorate whatsoever. It just means the overwhelming majority of the electorate is locked in on who they are voting for. You can absolutely have polarization and a large Dem lead in an election at the same time.

Yeah Biden Win 90-10 Wink

That's a winning argument right there.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #194 on: August 28, 2020, 02:55:29 PM »

Wait, did this thread seriously get renamed because people were worried about it being a "personal attack"? The Deluge (or whatever variation thereof) has been named after various posters - left, right, and center - for years. Idk why a bunch of whining is coming in now.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #195 on: August 28, 2020, 03:34:58 PM »

Wait, did this thread seriously get renamed because people were worried about it being a "personal attack"? The Deluge (or whatever variation thereof) has been named after various posters - left, right, and center - for years. Idk why a bunch of whining is coming in now.

I still think we should retaliate by renaming it after Fuzzy Bear.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #196 on: August 28, 2020, 05:30:27 PM »

The NBA is just a sports branch of the Democrats.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #197 on: August 28, 2020, 06:36:28 PM »

I mean, I suppose it technically was a personal attack. The infamous Update was also ok for years until it suddenly wasn't.

Then again the entire premise of this thread is a personal attack in a way though the argument is harder to support there.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #198 on: August 28, 2020, 06:41:41 PM »

My hopes that the new account was going to be focused on the fantasy animal book series by Brian Jacques have been dashed Sad
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #199 on: August 28, 2020, 08:14:58 PM »

My hopes that the new account was going to be focused on the fantasy animal book series by Brian Jacques have been dashed Sad

Bruh, you know how sick that would be!? This really is the worst timeline. Sad
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies