Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:53:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 347181 times)
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1675 on: October 19, 2021, 03:44:03 PM »

This race just feels different than 2017.

I am smelling a Mcauliffe +2-4 result.

Agreed.

Still don't think Youngkin will win, though.  I do think Youngkin wins a majority of the CDs, which will be important for 2022 recruiting.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1676 on: October 19, 2021, 03:55:34 PM »

+4 would jive perfectly with other races we have seen in the country in 2021.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1677 on: October 19, 2021, 03:57:08 PM »

Byler is notoriously always looking for a bright spot for the GOP, so not surprised he's trying to pull for McAuliffe to only do +4.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1678 on: October 19, 2021, 03:58:10 PM »

So, question for those of you who are arguing mcauliffe's "parents and education" statement wasn't problematic....why is mcauliffe spending time and resources producing an ad saying it was "taken out of context"?

They know it didn't play well. It probably won't matter, but it didn't help either.

Also....lmfao at a poster above trying to tie youngkin to trump's heartless powell statement.

When you have literally nothing else to run on, you make it all trump trump trump.

the people of va deserve a better campaign.

Politicians are always paranoid, McAuliffe has to run as if he's down by a point but he isn't actually.

Can't decide if he's tied/losing in his internals and genuinely panicking or he's still up 2-4 and is trying to scare Dems into turning out so he can have a chance at a 2017 result.

Or maybe it's neither.

It's like saying "McAulife is scared and that's why he's bringing in Obama, Biden, Harris, Abrams, etc."

Those people would be brought in whether his internals said +10 or -10.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1679 on: October 19, 2021, 04:00:38 PM »

Byler is notoriously always looking for a bright spot for the GOP, so not surprised he's trying to pull for McAuliffe to only do +4.

What margin do you think McAuliffe will win by? 8 points? 10 points?
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1680 on: October 19, 2021, 04:15:56 PM »

So, question for those of you who are arguing mcauliffe's "parents and education" statement wasn't problematic....why is mcauliffe spending time and resources producing an ad saying it was "taken out of context"?

They know it didn't play well. It probably won't matter, but it didn't help either.

Also....lmfao at a poster above trying to tie youngkin to trump's heartless powell statement.

When you have literally nothing else to run on, you make it all trump trump trump.

the people of va deserve a better campaign.

Politicians are always paranoid, McAuliffe has to run as if he's down by a point but he isn't actually.

Can't decide if he's tied/losing in his internals and genuinely panicking or he's still up 2-4 and is trying to scare Dems into turning out so he can have a chance at a 2017 result.

Or maybe it's neither.

It's like saying "McAulife is scared and that's why he's bringing in Obama, Biden, Harris, Abrams, etc."

Those people would be brought in whether his internals said +10 or -10.

You still don't run an apology/clarification ad unless something says you have to.  A well-executed apology ad can be effective, though. 
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1681 on: October 19, 2021, 04:16:03 PM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1682 on: October 19, 2021, 05:47:20 PM »

Youngkin probably shot his wad too early.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1683 on: October 19, 2021, 05:53:29 PM »

Mcauliffe ends planned news interview early due to “bad questions”

roxas11
United States

« Reply #1684 on: October 19, 2021, 06:12:33 PM »

Well, at least he didn't body slam the reporter like Republican Greg Gianforte did in 2017

Then again Greg Gianforte actually won that race, so maybe doing something like that would actually help Terry McAuliffe lol
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1685 on: October 19, 2021, 06:17:27 PM »

Here are the interviews.

https://wjla.com/news/local/watch-7news-goes-one-on-one-with-virginia-gubernatorial-candidates-terry-mcauliffe-glenn-youngkin
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1686 on: October 19, 2021, 06:40:55 PM »

This is bad.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1687 on: October 19, 2021, 06:51:43 PM »

This is bad.

I doubt it will swing the election unless the election is decided by late arriving mail in ballots and without like 0.5%.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1688 on: October 19, 2021, 06:55:59 PM »

This is bad.

Don't worry, I'm sure in few days Trump will put out a statement congratulating Terry Mcauliffe for showing that reporter who's boss
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1689 on: October 19, 2021, 07:14:42 PM »

This is bad.

Don't worry, I'm sure in few days Trump will put out a statement congratulating Terry Mcauliffe for showing that reporter who's boss

Trump barely made it through in what should have been a favorable environment.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1690 on: October 19, 2021, 07:20:59 PM »

Be prepared... this will be close.... there will mass maga violence across the state led by Amanda Chase... I am terrified her and her klan will invade Richmond, Nova, Charlottesville and Norfolk.
slothdem

« Reply #1691 on: October 19, 2021, 07:32:53 PM »

You must seriously be misremembering 2017. There was FAR more bedwetting, concern-trolling, and republican wishcasting in that race. The polls were at least as close. And that race had arguably more inane culture war trash with the MS-13 and confederate statues, although the CRT thing is probably even stupider.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1692 on: October 19, 2021, 07:34:11 PM »

You must seriously be misremembering 2017. There was FAR more bedwetting, concern-trolling, and republican wishcasting in that race. The polls were at least as close. And that race had arguably more inane culture war trash with the MS-13 and confederate statues, although the CRT thing is probably even stupider.

My worrying is more the fact that the most consistent theme in Virginia Gubernatorial races is that the party in the white house underperforms polls on election night.

We will see if that continues.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1693 on: October 19, 2021, 07:40:41 PM »

I was referring to the actual result, not the pre election narratives of 2017.

Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1694 on: October 19, 2021, 08:20:01 PM »

If anything, this feels exactly like 2017.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1695 on: October 19, 2021, 08:25:17 PM »

Youngkin will ban masks and vaccines in the state.. our tools to stop this pandemic..

I am tired of hearing about covid covid covid covid covid covid covid covid covid all the time... my largest reason for support tmas is covid.
slothdem

« Reply #1696 on: October 19, 2021, 08:26:04 PM »

I was referring to the actual result, not the pre election narratives of 2017.

Well, that we won't know until they start counting the votes.
kwabbit

« Reply #1697 on: October 19, 2021, 08:29:11 PM »

My worrying is more the fact that the most consistent theme in Virginia Gubernatorial races is that the party in the white house underperforms polls on election night.

According to RCP, the out candidate overperformed by 2.7, 4.1, 3.5, and 5.6 points. The average of those is 4.0 points. If that's the case, McAuliffe is in trouble. Then again, you've also had the phenomenon of polls underrating Dems in Dem states recently too. Either way, that pattern of polling misses supports the idea that a Youngkin win would not be surprising, perhaps around a 25% chance to win.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1698 on: October 19, 2021, 08:57:47 PM »

According to RCP, the out candidate overperformed by 2.7, 4.1, 3.5, and 5.6 points. The average of those is 4.0 points. If that's the case, McAuliffe is in trouble. Then again, you've also had the phenomenon of polls underrating Dems in Dem states recently too. Either way, that pattern of polling misses supports the idea that a Youngkin win would not be surprising, perhaps around a 25% chance to win.

Yes.. and of course Nova has changed a lot over the years and political rules are meant to broken at some point.

Even as a Democrat, I  am kind of scratching my head. This environment.. the type of the GOP is running, etc.. just a few cycles ago, Youngkin would be ahead.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1699 on: October 19, 2021, 09:01:10 PM »

Yes.. and of course Nova has changed a lot over the years and political rules are meant to broken at some point.

Even as a Democrat, I  am kind of scratching my head. This environment.. the type of the GOP is running, etc.. just a few cycles ago, Youngkin would be ahead.

have to factor in the dems are running a popular ex governor.

I think youngkin would be leading if dems nominated someone else.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies