The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:13:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 ... 85
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread  (Read 167960 times)
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1925 on: June 08, 2023, 06:36:13 AM »

I wonder if Doug Ducey is going to get in.

He's been fairly quiet since leaving office.

He could make the electability argument with his record of winning the state of Arizona.

Not that he'd actually win the nomination or anything.

If he was going to run for anything, it would be the senate race but he seems to have no interest in that.
Rat
Snickleton
United States

« Reply #1926 on: June 08, 2023, 05:24:41 PM »

What is Suarez' logic for doing a run? Hope to follow the Buttigieg pathway to a low tier cabinet role?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1927 on: June 08, 2023, 05:55:41 PM »

What is Suarez' logic for doing a run? Hope to follow the Buttigieg pathway to a low tier cabinet role?

I think he would be much better suited to run for Governor in 2026 and then make a bid for the White House in 2028.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1928 on: June 08, 2023, 05:58:48 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2023, 06:03:02 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

I think he would be much better suited to run for Governor in 2026 and then make a bid for the White House in 2028.

Christie, DeSantis, no Jersey, York, talian or Cuban are gonna be Prez they have ties to FL Mafia, why do you think Mario Cuomo foregone a WH run he had Mob ties, Frank Sinatra was Hollywood like Schwarzenegger and Reagan and leader of the Mafia Movt in the sixties with Hoffa. Harris and Wes Moore are gonna be Prez the Senate map is the same as 22 Sara Rodriguez is gonna defeat Johnson and Fetterman is gonna get reelected, 28 Vance will be def by Landsman if he runs should Brown win as expected in 24

The Rat the OP thinks Christie is gonna win lol if he does win NH that's all folks he won't win a S State to either DeSantis or Trump Trump already appointed Mavs to CRT, why would R base trust Christie to appoint Judges and they got 2 more Roberts on the CRT even with Trump
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #1929 on: June 09, 2023, 12:16:01 AM »

ALREADY IN:

Trump
Ramaswamy
Haley
Hutchinson
Scott
Elder
Pence
DeSantis
Christie
Burgum

MAYBE:
Bolton
Suarez
Youngkin
Perry

My guess is Bolton, Perry (LOL), and Youngkin don't run but Suarez does. Does this look about right to everyone?

Why is Youngkin still considered a potential candidate?

If Republicans win the Virginia legislature elections in November, wouldn't he remain Governor so he can sign conservative laws that are passed by the new Republican majority? Why resigning and run for President? And if Republicans lose the Virginia legislature elections in November, he would be seen as an ineffective campaigner and a kind of a loser.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1930 on: June 11, 2023, 04:39:29 PM »

Miami Mayor Francis Suarez is teasing a Presidential announcement Thursday at the Reagan Library.

Mayor Francis Suarez of Miami on Sunday urged Americans to listen to his speech Thursday in California, fueling speculation that the Republican presidential field is about to grow by one.

Speaking on “Fox News Sunday,” he told host Shannon Bream that America should “stay tuned.”

“Next week, like you said, I’m going to be making a big speech in the Reagan Library, and I think it’s one that Americans should tune into,” he told Bream. “It’s one where we talk about what the future of our country should be.”

Suarez is to speak Thursday at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute in Simi Valley, Calif., on Thursday, part of an ongoing “Time For Choosing” series.

Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1931 on: June 12, 2023, 07:05:21 PM »

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1932 on: June 12, 2023, 07:43:58 PM »

These people are spineless
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1933 on: June 12, 2023, 07:57:57 PM »

Further...

Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #1934 on: June 12, 2023, 08:14:48 PM »

Apparently he didn't vote for either Trump in 2020 or DeSantis in 2018 (in fact, he voted Gillum). Maybe he thinks he can establish himself as an alternative path for a post-Trump GOP.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1935 on: June 13, 2023, 11:03:40 AM »

Holy sh*t, his announcement was to commit to pardoning Trump if elected President. He's demanding that every other candidate also pledge to do the same.

What a simp.

"I don't want to this election by eliminating our competition by a federal administrative police state arresting my opponents."

Hey bud, why don't you ask the guy who you're pledging to pardon how he feels about arresting his political opponents?
RidinWithBiden24
NYRepublican00
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1936 on: June 13, 2023, 08:06:00 PM »

Dr. Cornel West has switched his campaign to the Green Party.

“In the spirit of a broad United Front and coalition strategy, I am pursuing the nomination of the Green Party for President of the United States. Go to CornelWest24.com for more information to continue to support this unprecedented effort to empower precious poor and working people here and abroad. I thank the volunteers of the People's Party for the initial launch!” - West on Twitter
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1937 on: June 14, 2023, 01:47:59 PM »

Rat
Snickleton
United States

« Reply #1938 on: June 14, 2023, 02:38:18 PM »

I like Suarez, but he surely knows he can't win. I assume this is probably a brand-building campaign that he can try to leverage into a run for Governor down the road.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1939 on: June 14, 2023, 04:25:20 PM »

I like Suarez, but he surely knows he can't win. I assume this is probably a brand-building campaign that he can try to leverage into a run for Governor down the road.

That or a cabinet position.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1940 on: June 14, 2023, 05:35:46 PM »

A cabinet position of which candidate? He voted against DeSantis and Trump
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1941 on: June 14, 2023, 05:53:33 PM »

A cabinet position of which candidate? He voted against DeSantis and Trump

I didn't say it was a rational assumption on his part.
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #1942 on: June 21, 2023, 12:24:18 AM »

Will Hurd to make a decision soon:

Former U.S. Rep. Will Hurd of Texas was also in New Hampshire earlier this week – his fourth visit so far this year.

The former CIA spy who was the only Black Republican in the U.S. House during his six years in Congress is likely to launch a presidential campaign as early as next week.

https://articles.concordmonitor.com/On-the-Trail-by-Paul-Steinhauser-GOP-battles-heating-up-as-Trump-faces-new-indictment-51337241

But he already said so a month ago in previous interviews, and nothing happened...
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1943 on: June 21, 2023, 12:25:07 AM »

Former U.S. Rep. Will Hurd of Texas was also in New Hampshire earlier this week – his fourth visit so far this year.

The former CIA spy who was the only Black Republican in the U.S. House during his six years in Congress is likely to launch a presidential campaign as early as next week.

https://articles.concordmonitor.com/On-the-Trail-by-Paul-Steinhauser-GOP-battles-heating-up-as-Trump-faces-new-indictment-51337241

But he already said so a month ago in previous interviews, and nothing happened...

Will Hurd is apparently doing his best Joe Biden circa 2016 impersonation.
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #1944 on: June 21, 2023, 12:27:37 AM »

Will Hurd is apparently doing his best Joe Biden circa 2016 impersonation.

Yes, the same is true for Bolton and Rogers: they all said that they will anounce a run or no run, first in March, then April, then May, then by June and so forth.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1945 on: June 21, 2023, 04:46:13 AM »

Hey, it worked out for Buttigieg. He got a cabinet position and two best selling books out of his run and his city was four times smaller than Miami. Of course Suarez is way less impressive than Pete was at least for the set of voters he needs.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1946 on: June 21, 2023, 05:39:08 AM »

Hey, it worked out for Buttigieg. He got a cabinet position and two best selling books out of his run and his city was four times smaller than Miami. Of course Suarez is way less impressive than Pete was at least for the set of voters he needs.
Also the difference is Biden and Buttigieg didn't have irreconcilable differences. Trump is never gonna hire a never-Trumper like Suarez.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1947 on: June 22, 2023, 07:24:46 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/former-texas-rep-will-hurd-jumps-2024-gop-presidential-race-rcna85625

Will Hurd is in
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1948 on: June 22, 2023, 07:29:42 AM »

Familiar name quoted within the article:

J. Miles Coleman of the University of Virginia's Center for Politics said Hurd's bipartisan record is likely to hurt him in the Republican primary.

“He’d be a very formidable general election candidate," Coleman said, "which is part of the reason why I suspect he’s going to have a hard time getting the nomination.”
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1949 on: June 22, 2023, 07:37:10 AM »

Also the difference is Biden and Buttigieg didn't have irreconcilable differences. Trump is never gonna hire a never-Trumper like Suarez.

Trump once considered Kasich and Romney for cabinet roles.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies