End of April - Who Wins the election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:26:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  End of April - Who Wins the election?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: .
Joe Biden

Donald Trump

RFK Jr.

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 95

Author Topic: End of April - Who Wins the election?  (Read 743 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: Today at 01:40:41 AM »

Polling shows a dead heat, fundamentals favor Biden. Overall, Tilt Biden at least.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: Today at 02:05:58 AM »

Polling shows a dead heat, fundamentals favor Biden. Overall, Tilt Biden at least.
Polling shows a dead heat NATIONALLY. Swing state polling continue to be very clearly in Trumps favour.

All the main issues that people care about except for abortion, favours Trump (immigration/border, inflation, wokeness) and Trump isn't even that terrible on abortion, so not necessarily the slam dunk winning issue that democrats think it is.

People who aren't already anti-Trump DO NOT CARE about his behavior or his criminal cases.

In 2020 when Trump was in office and Biden was running as a "generic D", Biden JUST squeeked out a win by appealing to a very broad anti-Trump coalition. It's gonna be a LOT harder to energize voters against Trump this time and Biden is far more unpopular than he was last time.

Conclusion: Trump is the favourite.
EastwoodS

« Reply #27 on: Today at 07:51:42 AM »

With the Capitol gains threat and Tik Tok ban, Trump.
Duke of York

« Reply #28 on: Today at 08:22:34 AM »

With the Capitol gains threat and Tik Tok ban, Trump.
if someone isn't going to vote or vote Trump over Tik Tok their priorities are screwed up. anyway I still think the election is Lean Trump.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: Today at 08:49:08 AM »

Polling shows a dead heat NATIONALLY. Swing state polling continue to be very clearly in Trumps favour.

All the main issues that people care about except for abortion, favours Trump (immigration/border, inflation, wokeness) and Trump isn't even that terrible on abortion, so not necessarily the slam dunk winning issue that democrats think it is.

People who aren't already anti-Trump DO NOT CARE about his behavior or his criminal cases.

In 2020 when Trump was in office and Biden was running as a "generic D", Biden JUST squeeked out a win by appealing to a very broad anti-Trump coalition. It's gonna be a LOT harder to energize voters against Trump this time and Biden is far more unpopular than he was last time.

Conclusion: Trump is the favourite.

Swing state polling does not exclusively favor Trump, even though latter polls are more discussed here and by the media.

"People who are already anti-Trump" are a majority of this country, Trump has never polled in favorable territory. While some may not be thrilled about Biden or the possibility of a rematch, in the end a lot of them will realize he's the only option to prevent Trump from winning. Meanwhile, Trump hasn't done much to expand his coalition.

It's also not true all discussed issues besides abortion favor Biden. Not even border security, as the GOP sunk a bipartisan bill to secure the border. It's easy for Biden to use this against his opponent.

And lastly, polling is just a snapshot in time, even the high quality polls. We're 6 months away from the election and incumbents typically surge/do better towards the end. No recent prez has been defeated for reelection with the economic data of the moment.

Does Biden have it in the bag? Of course not. But stop dooming.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #30 on: Today at 09:59:03 AM »

I've been increasingly disconnected from politics since I've become more and more resigned to the idea that Trump is going to win, if narrowly. I'm just done with getting invested in something that will disappoint me time and time again.

if someone isn't going to vote or vote Trump over Tik Tok their priorities are screwed up. anyway I still think the election is Lean Trump.

Welcome to America!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #31 on: Today at 10:59:11 AM »

I've been increasingly disconnected from politics since I've become more and more resigned to the idea that Trump is going to win, if narrowly. I'm just done with getting invested in something that will disappoint me time and time again.

Welcome to America!

Your analysis is wrong Trump isn't going to win the Latest poll has Biden ahead, and it's a 270 map anyways
Bush did 311
Vatnos
Rookie
United States

« Reply #32 on: Today at 02:12:51 PM »

I think the far left has been very effectively neutralized from participating in electoralism in the parts of the internet where it exists, and the accelerationist element has gotten stronger each election after 2008.

Biden wins more white moderates than Obama or Hillary so he CAN win with less of the left. I'd put 2/3rds odds on Trump though. Biden has a puncher's chance at best for now.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: Today at 02:57:01 PM »

Went from leaning slightly towards Trump to Biden and now back to Trump again. It may swing back to Biden in a week or two, it's really on a knife's edge.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: Today at 03:01:30 PM »

Strong Lean Trump.

North Carolina is in the bag, Georgia is in the bag, and Michigan is also seemingly in the bag. All that's left is to pick off one of the swing states and that's about it.

I do think Biden has a real problem in Michigan but you can't seriously think it is "in the bag" for Trump.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #35 on: Today at 03:19:23 PM »

Strong Lean Trump.

North Carolina is in the bag, Georgia is in the bag, and Michigan is also seemingly in the bag. All that's left is to pick off one of the swing states and that's about it.

I do think Biden has a real problem in Michigan but you can't seriously think it is "in the bag" for Trump.

I think his problem in Michigan is overstated due to the narrative of “Arabs abandoning Biden” that ignore that this is a smaller and less electorally impactful group than people think.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies