WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:40:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 45
Author Topic: WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?  (Read 67581 times)
jkmillion
Rookie
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: April 27, 2022, 03:48:27 PM »

Ron Johnson is a weak, unpopular incumbent. Does it even matter in an environment as bad as 2022? No, most likely. I say like R+4-8.5 just because of the national environment.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #501 on: April 27, 2022, 04:14:19 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2022, 04:18:08 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Ron Johnson is a weak, unpopular incumbent. Does it even matter in an environment as bad as 2022? No, most likely. I say like R+4-8.5 just because of the national environment.

Lol Biden Approvals are going up he has been in Reuters polling between 45/5o percent Approvals and we won a 303 map at Biden 50/45 anyways, users are so DOOM on this Election and there are hardly any polls except NY Gov

Even before his Approvals fell guess what his Approvals were 52/48 the same as in 2020

Why do users Doom everyday on Atlas on the Election because they're not getting 1400 checks

It's the same users DOOM all the time what did Trump do give a tax cut that's it, when Rs get in control they said economy is stringer than ever before they're not giving you those checks like in 2020 they're gonna cut

Bush W he said he would bring honor and integrity back to WH a tax cut for the rich
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #502 on: April 27, 2022, 06:59:55 PM »

Marquette had Biden leading by 4-6 points in Wisconsin
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #503 on: April 27, 2022, 07:09:26 PM »

If this is the same Marquette that claims 67% of the national electorate has an unfavorable opinion of Trump (when RCP average has it around 50% right now) I would seriously not even consider those numbers for Ron Johnson. Maybe they're close to accurate, but Marquette has really gone off the rails in terms of accuracy and reliability over the past 3 years, and given their recent history, Johnson's new voters (Feingold --> Johnson) are definitely not going to be captured by them, whereas the Johnson --> D in 2022 voters definitely will.
jkmillion
Rookie
United States
« Reply #504 on: April 29, 2022, 12:03:06 AM »

Lol Biden Approvals are going up he has been in Reuters polling between 45/5o percent Approvals and we won a 303 map at Biden 50/45 anyways, users are so DOOM on this Election and there are hardly any polls except NY Gov

Even before his Approvals fell guess what his Approvals were 52/48 the same as in 2020

Why do users Doom everyday on Atlas on the Election because they're not getting 1400 checks

It's the same users DOOM all the time what did Trump do give a tax cut that's it, when Rs get in control they said economy is stringer than ever before they're not giving you those checks like in 2020 they're gonna cut

Bush W he said he would bring honor and integrity back to WH a tax cut for the rich

I am actually impressed on how often you try to interject pro-Democrat analysis. This isn't Fox News, this is an actual election analysis website(unless you are a troll).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #505 on: April 29, 2022, 12:52:47 AM »
« Edited: April 29, 2022, 12:56:53 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

I am actually impressed on how often you try to interject pro-Democrat analysis. This isn't Fox News, this is an actual election analysis website(unless you are a troll).

You can call me s Troll behind the wall of the forum

There hasn't been any polling in WI, PA or MI we don't know what the polls are like you can't say WI is gone
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #506 on: April 29, 2022, 08:07:32 AM »

If this is the same Marquette that claims 67% of the national electorate has an unfavorable opinion of Trump (when RCP average has it around 50% right now) I would seriously not even consider those numbers for Ron Johnson. Maybe they're close to accurate, but Marquette has really gone off the rails in terms of accuracy and reliability over the past 3 years, and given their recent history, Johnson's new voters (Feingold --> Johnson) are definitely not going to be captured by them, whereas the Johnson --> D in 2022 voters definitely will.

You guys cannot keep accusing people like me of discounting polls I don't like when you do the *exact* same thing with any poll that is somewhat favorable to Democrats. Enough.
UncleSam

« Reply #507 on: April 29, 2022, 09:45:38 AM »

You guys cannot keep accusing people like me of discounting polls I don't like when you do the *exact* same thing with any poll that is somewhat favorable to Democrats. Enough.
Porque no los dos
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #508 on: April 29, 2022, 09:50:33 AM »

The issue might have to do with the fact that the vast majority of polls (including/especially in this state) have been favoring/overestimating one particular party for four election cycles in a row.
LDP Everywhere
Rookie
United States

« Reply #509 on: May 12, 2022, 12:59:34 PM »

How will Johnson do in Ashland, Bayfield, and Douglas counties?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #510 on: May 12, 2022, 02:19:42 PM »

We don't know they haven't polled WI, PA and MI
LDP Everywhere
Rookie
United States

« Reply #511 on: May 13, 2022, 01:31:53 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2022, 05:51:57 PM by LDP Everywhere »

Could Johnson win Portage county? Here’s my prediction.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #512 on: June 02, 2022, 08:33:56 AM »

I'm not polling in this race but had lunch yesterday with a former colleague who is - said Johnson has apparently blown a "high single digits" lead from February and is now running even with both Barnes and Lasry.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #513 on: June 02, 2022, 08:42:22 AM »

I'm not polling in this race but had lunch yesterday with a former colleague who is - said Johnson has apparently blown a "high single digits" lead from February and is now running even with both Barnes and Lasry.

Eye emoji.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #514 on: June 02, 2022, 08:50:35 AM »

Given that it's Wisconsin, he probably still has a high single digits lead. Polling in the state is notoriously inaccurate.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #515 on: June 02, 2022, 09:07:12 AM »

Given that it's Wisconsin, he probably still has a high single digits lead. Polling in the state is notoriously inaccurate.

Breaking my personal policy of not responding to you to note that this same person's polling had Trump +1 in Wisconsin in their final 2020 poll, Evers +2/Baldwin +8 in their final 2018 poll, and Trump/Clinton tied in their final 2016 poll.

Internal polling and public polling are not the same, folks.
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #516 on: June 02, 2022, 09:19:25 AM »

What are the percentages then and now, and are there any theories for the difference
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #517 on: June 02, 2022, 10:29:30 AM »

Is this the same "colleague" who had Dolan leading in a Ohio tracker poll..

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #518 on: June 02, 2022, 10:31:27 AM »

What are the percentages then and now, and are there any theories for the difference

I mean, Johnson can still win given the environment, but I really don't think some people here take seriously just how INSANE he comes off. I mean, it's like he's been trying to sabotage his own campaign saying and doing the most idiotic things. WI is a tossup state, not a red state. Johnson's antics seem more fitted for Kentucky or something.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #519 on: June 02, 2022, 10:31:58 AM »

Can y'all just be nice and respectful that we have an actual pollster here to give us some insights instead of giving them attitude?
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #520 on: June 02, 2022, 10:37:41 AM »

Can y'all just be nice and respectful that we have an actual pollster here to give us some insights instead of giving them attitude?
It's a legitimate question.. I make no apologies in that I express skepticism in data from wholly anonymous sources.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #521 on: June 02, 2022, 10:49:43 AM »

I don’t think Johnson was ever ahead by "high single digits" unless his inflated lead was just the result of the disparity in name recognition between the incumbent and his unknown D challengers and the undecideds were always very D-leaning.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #522 on: June 02, 2022, 10:52:27 AM »
« Edited: June 02, 2022, 10:56:44 AM by Pollster »

It's a legitimate question.. I make no apologies in that I express skepticism in data from wholly anonymous sources.

No, it's not the same person. Fair question!

(for the record, Dem pollsters are generally not good at polling GOP primaries, and vice versa)
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #523 on: June 02, 2022, 10:54:26 AM »

I don’t think Johnson was ever ahead by "high single digits" unless his inflated lead was just the result of the disparity in name recognition between the incumbent and his unknown D challengers and the undecideds were always very D-leaning.

Yes, probably more likely than not. I didn't get details on changes in vote share or favorability/job approval, which is of course a much stronger indicator of growth/erosion of support than changes in margin.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #524 on: June 02, 2022, 10:59:11 AM »

Didn't get percentages. My guess is that it's due to Barnes/Lasry (and I presume other Dems?) mostly having the airwaves to themselves and running exclusively positive ads for the time being.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies