Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 05:44:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
« previous next »
Thread note
ATTENTION: Please note that copyright rules still apply to posts in this thread. You cannot post entire articles verbatim. Please select only a couple paragraphs or snippets that highlights the point of what you are posting.

Pages: 1 ... 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 [1132] 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 ... 1172
Author Topic: Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread  (Read 931578 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28275 on: February 25, 2024, 01:08:58 PM »

Ah, the Kremlin shills are out in force tonight
A reminder of who they simp for

It's too bad you guys doctored the Russian video by taking out the subtitles, because it's pretty ignorant to remove the context form the post.  The soldier they hit is allegedly an American Mercenary that they mocked for coming to Ukraine "to shoot Russians".  I don't really understand why you're crying about captured soldiers that aren't going to be killed.  I'd be happy not to die.     
Mock executions are war crimes you sociopath
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28276 on: February 25, 2024, 01:38:20 PM »

"⚡️For the first time since start of Russia's full-scale invasion, President Zelensky has given an official figure for the number of Ukrainian troops killed: 31,000. He did not state the number of wounded. Doesn't count Ukraine's ~4,400 troops killed in the Donbas between 2014-21.

US estimates last autumn put the number of Ukrainian soldiers killed around 70,000, or roughly double what Zelensky claimed at his press conference in Kyiv today."

jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #28277 on: February 25, 2024, 01:48:12 PM »

"⚡️For the first time since start of Russia's full-scale invasion, President Zelensky has given an official figure for the number of Ukrainian troops killed: 31,000. He did not state the number of wounded. Doesn't count Ukraine's ~4,400 troops killed in the Donbas between 2014-21.

US estimates last autumn put the number of Ukrainian soldiers killed around 70,000, or roughly double what Zelensky claimed at his press conference in Kyiv today."

I think a lot of Ukraine KIA are labeled as MIA.  Part of the reason other than for PR reasons is so the Ukraien government does not have to pay families of those KIA.  What Zelensky should do is also announce MIA.  I will be very interested in trying to square Ukraine's KIA, MIA, planned demobilization plus how much they want to mobilize.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28278 on: February 25, 2024, 07:17:27 PM »

It's too bad you guys doctored the Russian video by taking out the subtitles, because it's pretty ignorant to remove the context form the post.  The soldier they hit is allegedly an American Mercenary that they mocked for coming to Ukraine "to shoot Russians".  I don't really understand why you're crying about captured soldiers that aren't going to be killed.  I'd be happy not to die.      

Not sure mock executions are worth mentioning here when they are yet again releasing actual POW execution videos. These discourage surrender; even the cruel would not record and publish them if they were not also stupid.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28279 on: February 25, 2024, 07:28:15 PM »

It's too bad you guys doctored the Russian video by taking out the subtitles, because it's pretty ignorant to remove the context form the post.  The soldier they hit is allegedly an American Mercenary that they mocked for coming to Ukraine "to shoot Russians".  I don't really understand why you're crying about captured soldiers that aren't going to be killed.  I'd be happy not to die.      

Not sure mock executions are worth mentioning here when they are yet again releasing actual POW execution videos. These discourage surrender; even the cruel would not record and publish them if they were not also stupid.
I know but for obvious tos reasons I can’t post much about them other than state they happened and are circling social media
Hollywood
« Reply #28280 on: February 25, 2024, 08:27:50 PM »

Thank You.  I don't understand why everything has to be a nasty fight.  Not everything has to be an attack.  In the context of the entire war, what the hell is the point of exaggerating this instance of violent behavior?  There's nothing notable in the video.  The only important part of the video (Group of American Prisoners) is only beneficial to the Russians.  Bet Ukr. supportes are putting it everywhere on the net.  
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28281 on: February 25, 2024, 08:39:17 PM »

I think we've found who one of the two votes for "Israel/Russia supporter" in that poll last month was.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28282 on: February 25, 2024, 08:43:56 PM »

I think a lot of Ukraine KIA are labeled as MIA.  Part of the reason other than for PR reasons is so the Ukraien government does not have to pay families of those KIA.  What Zelensky should do is also announce MIA.  I will be very interested in trying to square Ukraine's KIA, MIA, planned demobilization plus how much they want to mobilize.
That's certainly believable at least.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #28283 on: February 25, 2024, 08:46:20 PM »

It's too bad you guys doctored the Russian video by taking out the subtitles, because it's pretty ignorant to remove the context form the post.  The soldier they hit is allegedly an American Mercenary that they mocked for coming to Ukraine "to shoot Russians".  I don't really understand why you're crying about captured soldiers that aren't going to be killed.  I'd be happy not to die.     

Go ahead and charge them you moron.  Go ahead and charge the Ukrainians that shot unarmed civilians in the street based on claims that they were 'Russian Collaborators'. We can have Amnesty International investigate both sides, and then you sociopaths can attack that organization when they conclude that both Ukraine and Russia are guilty.  

And you'd understand that this is not a mock execution if you actually watched the video.  They are being held as prisoners, and displayed on camera as propaganda for the Russians.  They weren't going to be killed.  In fact, Russia wanted you guys to post that video cause its their video of American POWs.  

Why are you simping for Russia?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28284 on: February 25, 2024, 09:25:22 PM »

So?

Russia started it. That's the only reason he could shoot Russians in a country that's not Russia.
Hollywood
« Reply #28285 on: February 25, 2024, 09:27:45 PM »

Go ahead and charge them you moron.  Go ahead and charge the Ukrainians that shot unarmed civilians in the street based on claims that they were 'Russian Collaborators'. We can have Amnesty International investigate both sides, and then you sociopaths can attack that organization when they conclude that both Ukraine and Russia are guilty.  

And you'd understand that this is not a mock execution if you actually watched the video.  They are being held as prisoners, and displayed on camera as propaganda for the Russians.  They weren't going to be killed.  In fact, Russia wanted you guys to post that video cause its their video of American POWs.  

Why are you simping for Russia?

Why are you assuming that I'm simping for Russia.  I'm sharing facts and my opinions.  You guys moronically shared a Ukrainian-doctored video that Russians wanted you guys to share, because there are American POWs. The dumbest part about the post is the concoction of this 'mock execution' narrative.  Don't blame for your erroneous decisions.  I saw the same videos dozens of times, and chose not to post cause it was Russian propaganda in which out country men are being humiliated.  
Hollywood
« Reply #28286 on: February 25, 2024, 09:46:20 PM »

So?

Russia started it. That's the only reason he could shoot Russians in a country that's not Russia.

Okay.  So Russia started it?  We all know Russia started a war with Ukraine.  I'm not defending Russia.  I'm not saying Americans should or shouldn't be in Russia.  Russia is making that point.  They're doing it for a reason.  I'm actually helping you guys.  Stop drawing attention to it, because American POWs are great props in a Russian propaganda video.  Why is this the only forum where Democrats are getting it. lol.  Echo Chamber.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28287 on: February 25, 2024, 10:38:07 PM »

Also American mercenaries/foreign legion volunteers aren’t denied the same rights as other soldiers don’t know why Hollywood thinks these guys being Americans means Russians can do a mock execution on them
Hollywood
« Reply #28288 on: February 26, 2024, 12:18:41 AM »

Also American mercenaries/foreign legion volunteers aren’t denied the same rights as other soldiers don’t know why Hollywood thinks these guys being Americans means Russians can do a mock execution on them

I don't why you think I said they don't have the same rights.  Red Herring.  I guess it's just impossible for Ukr. supporters to back-off from a stupid argument. 

And do you know how many videos I've seen like this from both sides in the war.  That's war.  And nobody is going to be shocked by Russians roughing up a bunch of soldiers and threatening to kill them in the heat of the moment.  The fact that they were American only helped spread Russian propaganda that 1) Americans are fighting in Ukraine, 2) we defeated them on the battlefield, 3) captured them, and 4) parade them on camera to inspire more enemies of America to help us out.     
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28289 on: February 26, 2024, 04:52:13 AM »

https://time.com/6695261/ukraine-forever-war-danger/

"Ukraine Can’t Win the War"

Yes, Ukraine cannot win the war in the sense that 1991 or even 2022 borders are no longer possible. But there is every reason to believe they can avoid losing the war.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28290 on: February 26, 2024, 04:54:13 AM »

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20240225-zelensky-says-ukraine-s-counteroffensive-plans-leaked-to-russia

"Zelensky says Ukraine’s counteroffensive plans leaked to Russia"

If this is true then why is Budanov not fired ?
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28291 on: February 26, 2024, 04:55:36 AM »

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-polytics/3831576-stoltenberg-ukraine-will-join-nato-its-not-a-question-of-if-but-of-when.html

"Stoltenberg: Ukraine will join NATO – it's not a question of if but of when"

This talk of Ukraine joining NATO "eventually" sounds a lot like the man telling his mistress he will divorce his wife any day now.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28292 on: February 26, 2024, 04:55:42 AM »

Yes, Ukraine cannot win the war in the sense that 1991 or even 2022 borders are no longer possible. But there is every reason to believe they can avoid losing the war.
These thinkpieces show that the press are willing to try to profit from selling doom. If there's not enough evidence for that already.
Hollywood
« Reply #28293 on: February 26, 2024, 05:45:04 AM »

These thinkpieces show that the press are willing to try to profit from selling doom. If there's not enough evidence for that already.

Huh? All I see is evidence that ignorant neocon and leftists lose their minds when anyone has a different narrative with your own.  It's PBS?  That's a government nonprofit Organization, so your assumption of their motivation is completely wrong.      
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28294 on: February 26, 2024, 06:34:08 AM »

Huh? All I see is evidence that ignorant neocon and leftists lose their minds when anyone has a different narrative with your own.  It's PBS?  That's a government nonprofit Organization, so your assumption of their motivation is completely wrong.      
Well, I would say the press narrative surrounding this war has never tracked with reality no matter who was winning.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28295 on: February 26, 2024, 06:36:30 AM »

I think the purpose of the article is to push for NATO boots on the ground in Ukraine.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #28296 on: February 26, 2024, 09:03:24 AM »
« Edited: February 26, 2024, 09:21:38 AM by Woody »

CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #28297 on: February 26, 2024, 09:08:49 AM »

I think we've found who one of the two votes for "Israel/Russia supporter" in that poll last month was.

Almost without exception, the very worst sort of people.
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #28298 on: February 26, 2024, 09:50:20 AM »

That's not how this works. Stuff like this doesn't get written unless high-up people in government are already whispering it to them. You can throw in to that also op-eds from connected folks in the New York Times and Washington Post.
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #28299 on: February 26, 2024, 09:55:44 AM »

Well, I would say the press narrative surrounding this war has never tracked with reality no matter who was winning.

Fair.
Pages: 1 ... 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 [1132] 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 ... 1172  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies