Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:17:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread (search mode)
Thread note
ATTENTION: Please note that copyright rules still apply to posts in this thread. You cannot post entire articles verbatim. Please select only a couple paragraphs or snippets that highlights the point of what you are posting.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 49
Author Topic: Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread  (Read 875862 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« on: November 09, 2021, 02:17:40 PM »
« edited: November 10, 2021, 09:18:16 AM by SirWoodbury »

Good job Biden, you idiot.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 09:18:33 AM »

Putin never did anything like this when Trump was president. They both had respect for each other.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 05:27:00 AM »

Why would they invade when winter is around the corner?
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 10:27:16 AM »

Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2021, 07:30:31 PM »

Interesting. Early on I thought this was going nowhere like last time despite more Ukrainian aggression ramping up, but I am now somwhere between 40-50% sure Putin will invade.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2022, 11:50:12 AM »

Kherson is still firmly in Russian hands. The only activity by Ukrainians in the oblast has been in the northern part.

Pro-Russian sources have now also started to show videos of them occupying Mariupol's seaport, located in the city's Southwest.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2022, 12:31:50 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2022, 12:38:16 PM by SirWoodbury »

Seaport of Mariupol under occupation according to russian sources (Warning hyperbole text below):

https://t.me/intelslava/24717

Chechens fighters are also claiming to soon do a final push on Azovstal, the last major resistance point in the city.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/russia-installs-puppet-mayor-in-battered-ukrainian-city-of-mariupol-l9dtfc6xj

On the governing side, a few days ago Russians installed a puppet mayor in the besieged city, Kostyantyn Ivashchenko, a local council member who is a member of the pro Russian party OPFL.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2022, 12:43:15 PM »

Estimation of frontlines:
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2022, 12:49:30 PM »

Woodbury Russians are shooting unarmed Ukraine civilians in the back of the head and shooting missiles at them as they get on trains. None of us are in the f**king mood for your stuff
I am pro-Ukraine.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2022, 03:24:58 PM »

From a Western official: "Russia has reorganised its military command"

BBC source

A Western official confirmed Russia had now reorganised the command of its operations in Ukraine with the general now in charge having had extensive experience from Syria.
“There was really poor coordination across those different commands,” said the official, since Russian forces had never trained to work in this way. The Southern Military District Commander is now in charge of operations to attempt to provide better co-ordination - this is reported to be General Alexander Dvornikov.
“That particular commander has a lot of experience of Russian operations in Syria. So we would expect the overall command and control to improve,” the official said.
Russia is thought to have slightly fewer than 100 battalion tactical groups available for operations, once they have been reconstituted after current moves. This would be a "substantial" Russian force but the official said Russian tactics have meant that even with numerical advantages they have been held back by smaller numbers of Ukrainian units acting in a far smarter way and with surprise.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2022, 07:55:13 AM »

Huge Russian convoy near Kharkiv
The images show a 13-kilometer-long military convoy moving south through the town of Velykyi Burluk in eastern Ukraine on April 8.
Maxar reported that the convoy consists of "armored vehicles, trucks with towed artillery and support equipment."
Major General Kyrylo Budanov, head of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry, said that Russian forces were regrouping in eastern Ukraine and planning to advance to Kharkiv.

CNN:

Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2022, 07:56:08 AM »

Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2022, 09:39:59 AM »

Huge Russian convoy near Kharkiv
The images show a 13-kilometer-long military convoy moving south through the town of Velykyi Burluk in eastern Ukraine on April 8.
Maxar reported that the convoy consists of "armored vehicles, trucks with towed artillery and support equipment."
Major General Kyrylo Budanov, head of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry, said that Russian forces were regrouping in eastern Ukraine and planning to advance to Kharkiv.

CNN:

Comrade Woodbury seems to have forgotten that when Russian invaded North Ukraine they had a 40 mile convoy.  I guess 8 miles is all they have left.
You have to remember the push for Kiev from Chernobyl was composed of swamps to north of the city and and less roads thus causing traffic jams, and this time around the Russians do not have to deal with numerous large salient.

And it's close to Russia's core borders and around the Kharkiv metro and around already consolidated Izium and other Donbass terretories, so a majority of what is coming from this convoy will get to it's destination (Most likely towards Slovyansk) without fear of significant traffic jams.

I don't think comparing it to what happened in the North is reasonable.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2022, 11:09:45 AM »

Russian TV broadcasts 160 UA marines surrendering from Azovstal in Mariupol:

https://t.me/intelslava/24954
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2022, 11:22:27 AM »
« Edited: April 11, 2022, 11:25:36 AM by SirWoodbury »

Russian TV broadcasts 160 UA marines surrendering from Azovstal in Mariupol:

https://t.me/intelslava/24954

Okay now I’m starting to think I was first intuition was right and you are trying to troll by just posting pro-Russian news. This bs story has been debunked for weeks
These aren't the same marines from the 503rd who surrendered earlier this month, this is just in the last 24 hours. And no, that earlier story wasn't "debunked for weeks". Literally OSINT confirmed about it's surrender the day after, the 503rd's commander being in touch with him. Bro, I know it can be hard, but literally cite sources & try to dig in.

Like that story you just posted about 2k+ Russian deaths near Kharkiv, not only is that insane and impossible to confirm in such a short time nor has any serious intel even remotely talked about this, but that rumor was literally started by a "Canadian volunteer" from Twitter who has multiple times exaggerated bs stories from the start.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2022, 02:35:54 PM »
« Edited: April 11, 2022, 02:44:26 PM by SirWoodbury »

Yes. The same source who claimed a whole Russian army encircled to the North of Kherson and 48 had hours to surrender only to be destroyed definitely happened in our universe, and a supposed foreign volunteer has time to constantly update his twitter.

If you're looking at 2k deaths you'd have other casualties and wounded ranging from 5k-10k. You mean to tell me a single Ukrainian attack managed to do this, out of essentially wiping out a convoy spanning numerous miles and we don't have satellite pictures nor guys in the ground with vidoes.

I should have rather said that Russian TV alleges that 160 marines have surrendered. But all the other posts I have cited when it comes from Russian telegrams have I never claimed were 100% true. I posted them because they look authentic and was reported by other 3rd parties to be credible enough, including Ukrainian sources, and just that they should be taken into consideration.

I am not pro-Russia because that would be absolutely psychotic in this scenario.

I think it's unfair how a lot of insane junk and obvious misinfo which any reasonable person would realize is claimed for clicks is taken at face value is being posted. At the very least, if you're going to post such an insane event taking place, you should have pictures, interviews, videos, intel, etc from atleast one source, whoever that might be.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2022, 02:40:07 PM »

"I would assume artillery did this"
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2022, 03:07:02 PM »

Yes. The same source who claimed a whole Russian army encircled to the North of Kherson and 48 had hours to surrender only to be destroyed definitely happened in our universe, and a supposed foreign volunteer has time to constantly update his twitter.

If you're looking at 2k deaths you'd have other casualties and wounded ranging from 5k-10k. You mean to tell me a single Ukrainian attack managed to do this, out of essentially wiping out a convoy spanning numerous miles and we don't have satellite pictures nor guys in the ground with vidoes.

I should have rather said that Russian TV alleges that 160 marines have surrendered. But all the other posts I have cited when it comes from Russian telegrams have I never claimed were 100% true. I posted them because they look authentic and was reported by other 3rd parties to be credible enough, including Ukrainian sources, and just that they should be taken into consideration.

I am not pro-Russia because that would be absolutely psychotic in this scenario.

I think it's unfair how a lot of insane junk and obvious misinfo which any reasonable person would realize is claimed for clicks is taken at face value is being posted. At the very least, if you're going to post such an insane event taking place, you should have pictures, interviews, videos, intel, etc from atleast one source, whoever that might be.

Do you at the very least understand why your history of trolling can get people to question your motives here . Hope you can at least acknowledge that rather than expect everyone to just assume that you are arguing in good faith here
Alright.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2022, 03:16:56 AM »

Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2022, 10:06:25 AM »

5+ year marine for Ukraine and British national who fought against ISIS with the YPG has surrendered with his unit in Mariupol - Confirmed in a interview of his with Jake Hanrahan right before the surrender

His family requested to share "far and wide":

Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2022, 02:06:33 AM »

Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2022, 02:41:37 AM »

“Pro Ukraine” Woodbury failed to mention to counterattack in Kherson also mentioned by the same Twitter user today. I am starting to regret defending him, his allegiances are dubious.
There has been only reports and no confirmation by him in his maps, the guy literally said it himself. It's also a village far away in the border of the oblast, so it's insignificant until it's capture has been confirmed.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2022, 02:17:31 AM »

Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2022, 04:54:59 AM »

After the offensive which "set back" Russian forces several km away from Kremmina earlier, they have now completely taken over the town, according to the BBC and now liveuamap, and the Ukrainian head of Luhansk:

Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2022, 04:58:44 AM »
« Edited: April 18, 2022, 05:03:16 AM by SirWoodbury »

In worse news, saw reports that Russia has retaken Kreminna. How big of a deal is that?
It means they have will have more of an easier time to push Rubizhne from the west, instead of the north where most of the fighting is happening now. After that the road leads to Sieverodonetsk/Lysychansk
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 49  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies