Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 08:07:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 236
Author Topic: Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread  (Read 247989 times)
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1150 on: September 07, 2021, 08:59:58 PM »

https://twitter.com/mattdizwhitlock/status/1435420464046870530
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1151 on: September 07, 2021, 09:20:37 PM »

So from 5 to 3 trillion in total?
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #1152 on: September 07, 2021, 09:40:25 PM »

Of course they can settle at 2.5 trillion
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #1153 on: September 08, 2021, 04:04:53 AM »

Why even be a Democrat if all you want to do is block everything that would help Americans, and suck on the AFP donation teat? You're absolutely pathetic. All we can do now is elect Fetterman and Barnes and remove this idiot's ability to singlehandedly control the direction of this country.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1154 on: September 08, 2021, 07:34:50 AM »

Still waiting for the know it all’s who insist Manchin comes around on everything ….. haven’t heard a chirp out of them. Surprise surprise
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1155 on: September 08, 2021, 08:57:49 AM »

Why even be a Democrat if all you want to do is block everything that would help Americans, and suck on the AFP donation teat? You're absolutely pathetic. All we can do now is elect Fetterman and Barnes and remove this idiot's ability to singlehandedly control the direction of this country.
[/quote

.we have a 33 T deficit , Obama raised it from 10 to 20 T deficits didn't matter pre Pandemic that's why Trump gotten away from his tax cuts, but they do now
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1156 on: September 08, 2021, 09:21:18 AM »

The dude is just annoying.

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1157 on: September 08, 2021, 09:38:43 AM »

After we lose the majority in both the House and the Senate, Manchin and Sinema must be expelled from the party.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1158 on: September 08, 2021, 11:15:51 AM »
« Edited: September 08, 2021, 11:21:09 AM by Mr. Kanye West »

After we lose the majority in both the House and the Senate, Manchin and Sinema must be expelled from the party.

They're not gonna be expelled, the D's have excellent Senate maps to reclaim Majority in both Houses by 2026, D's aren't gonna be in Majority forevermore unless Covid was Eradicated and Biden hasn't delivered on it, not has he delivered on his promise to Prosecute Trump, FBI which is connected with DOJ cleared Trump to run for office they n 2024

Both parties have failed to win 3 elections in a row 2006/2010 for D's and 2014-2018 for Rs and now 2018-2012 for Ds

Don't forget D's thought they were gonna win OH, MO and NJ in 2010 when Rs retired and Fisher, Carnahan FAILED
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1159 on: September 08, 2021, 12:11:22 PM »

Democrats are throwing out ideas to expand Medicaid in red states that did not join

From my understanding of the Supreme Court case, the federal states can not require states to join the Medicaid expansion if they pay part of it? Right now, the federal goverment pays roughly 90% of the Medicaid expansion from the ACA

If I understand this correctly, if the government pays 100% they can force states to have Medicaid expansion correct?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1160 on: September 08, 2021, 04:32:27 PM »

Damn the torpedoes!

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1161 on: September 08, 2021, 07:41:21 PM »

Damn the torpedoes!

They have to push forward and get what they get.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1162 on: September 08, 2021, 11:30:50 PM »

Democrats should accept 1.75T.

Manchin can then go home and say that he drove a hard bargain.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1163 on: September 09, 2021, 09:09:52 AM »

I honestly doubt this number is remotely accurate. "No Labels" is a fraud that pushes the lame "both sides" narrative.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1164 on: September 09, 2021, 09:18:08 AM »

I honestly doubt this number is remotely accurate. "No Labels" is a fraud that pushes the lame "both sides" narrative.

That's a push poll if I've never seen one before. They are basically pro-immigration conservatives, right?
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1165 on: September 09, 2021, 10:34:30 AM »

I don't understand why any Dem in their right mind thinks that a strategic pause is a good idea. There is nothing strategic about waiting around and dragging things out while failing to pass anything before 2022.

That's not strategic its political suicide

The Dems barely have a majority in the senate and a lot of those senators are not getting any younger, so if the Dems are going to attempt to pass their agenda now is the time to do it because there is no guarantee whatsoever that they will even have a majority a few weeks from now let alone after the midterms

The dems dont need need a silly strategic pause
They need to start putting some wins on the board and actually start to pass the agenda that they ran on in 2020.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1166 on: September 09, 2021, 10:55:41 AM »

I strongly dislike this man. I can understand his dumb centrist brain thinking low corporate taxes are good for the economy or whatever, but what the hell is his rationale for reducing pre-k eligibility? Just cruelty.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1167 on: September 09, 2021, 11:03:16 AM »

I strongly dislike this man. I can understand his dumb centrist brain thinking low corporate taxes are good for the economy or whatever, but what the hell is his rationale for reducing pre-k eligibility? Just cruelty.

Well, I can see it might be reasonable to give free services for those who can easily afford it. Maybe limit it to only families making less than 500% of poverty (100k for one child, 125 for two children, 150 for three or more children).
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1168 on: September 09, 2021, 02:22:14 PM »

What can Biden and his allies relatically do to get the 3.5 trillion done? Especially clean energy standards and investments should not be taken out under any circumstances.

Vetoing the bipartisan infrastructure bill would probably backfire in public.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1169 on: September 09, 2021, 02:34:42 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2021, 02:39:25 PM by Mr. Kanye West »

This bill can be Amended should Ds win the 2022 Midterms and D's know that, they should pass the infrastructure bill now, so Biden can have a win and push the Reconciliation package later.
It's mostly Medicare in the 3.T anyways and Seniors ad Disabled qualify for dual coverage due to fact Medicare doesn't pay but 70% Consumers pay 30%

D's are acting like Medicare with Dental coverage can't wait and Vision you gotta pay out of pocket for contacts and frames over 100 anyways

This isn't Covid Relief the urgency and anyways, Bernie and Warren wouldn't have stopped UBI payments, they would of continued or

But hopefully we get 53 votes and the H, the Rs are the ones that's against more checks Johnson blocked them twice

RO KHANNA said he was opened to more 300 and UBI payments, Biden is a blue dog that voted for Bankruptcy Reform and he wants people to work to start paying student loans back
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1170 on: September 09, 2021, 02:41:53 PM »

What can Biden and his allies relatically do to get the 3.5 trillion done? Especially clean energy standards and investments should not be taken out under any circumstances.

We’re not winning anyways if we don’t get it through.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1171 on: September 09, 2021, 05:54:26 PM »

We’re not winning anyways if we don’t get it through.

What, yes we will win on Infrastructure MKE, Pitts, and Chi all need Infrastructure spending

Medicare is need for reform but it only covers 70% not 100% of the cost, there isn't any urgency of Medicare being updated, until after 1.2T is passed

It's a 304 map anyways, the South want their big oil and North want Green energy

In a 52/48 SEN and if we keep Sen, another infrastructure can passes

What moderates are saying let's pass infrastructure now, and wait later for spending

That's why Stephanie Murphy voted against it
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1172 on: September 10, 2021, 03:15:30 AM »

But I thought Joe Manchin was very worried about teh budget and wanted a strategic pause, now he’s refusing pay-fors and wants to gut provisions. It’s almost like Joe Manchin isn’t acting in good faith.

ABC/Wapo did at poll at roughly the same time with 51-39 in favor of the reconciliation package using relatively neutral, arguably unfavorable language (do you favor or oppose spending 3.5 trillion on social programs based on what you’ve heard or read) The No Labels poll asked whether respondents thought we needed 3.5 trillion in social welfare ‘right now’ or whether they thought Joe Manchin’s very thoughtful strategic pause was a good idea.

Notably, in the cross tabs, GOP respondents were basically the same in oppose/favor and pause/proceed, but Dems and indies switched over the pause side, presumably because it was being presented as now or later rather than yes or no. Which is pretty obviously what Joe Manchin’s No Labels sugar daddies wanted.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1173 on: September 10, 2021, 03:29:15 AM »
« Edited: September 10, 2021, 03:33:39 AM by Mr. Kanye West »

Manchin has made it very clear that he wants the 1.2T package passed before any Spending on Reconciliation, Pelosi whom botched the Stimulus last time wants two bills at the sametime, but the Senate is the final arbitor, due to Sinema Fillibuster

We need infrastructure spending, the Reconciliation can wait

Progressives think the House has the final say, but why can't the House enact VR by itself due to Filibuster

They're gonna run up against Xmas and Thanksgiving, it's not that far from the Holidays and there needs to be Infrastructure spending, Congress waste too much time on VR and it didn't pass anyways

At the same time these bills aren't stimulus checks, users spend alot of time on infrastructure, Stimulus checks are gone, I don't regret my vote in Primary, Bernie wouldn't have cut us off from these stimulus checks and Biden did
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1174 on: September 10, 2021, 11:28:33 AM »

The Dem strategy utterly baffles me here. Manchin is not folding, and the Dems do not have the votes for anything over 2 trillion, if even that.  Their strategy seems designed to irritate Manchin, if anything, and heck, he may do a F you, and go down to 1 trillion. Then the Dems have a choice of either 1) getting nothing, with the infrastructure bill going down the tubes if the squad does their thing, in which event, the 2022 cycle will be a disaster for them, or 2) folding and looking like fools, with all that perfervid rhetoric, all hat and no cattle. If you don't have the votes, don't go there, pretending that you do. Take what you can, and wait for another day. McConnell knew what he was doing from the get-go. It appears that team Schumer did not.

I also view such massive spending as a risky scheme at present, given all the unknowns and wheels turning out there. I understand that the Dems wanted to seize the moment, and window of opportunity, that may close later and for a long time. They are doing it however without my support, but then obviously the last thing on their mind is my opinion about anything. Their loss, not mine!  Angel

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/571605-manchin-sanders-set-for-clash-over-biden-spending-package
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 236  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies